Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2022 7:14 PM
Mar 2019
Kotarou gives out life lessons at Kindergarten to the other children, surprisedly for him he receives one back.
Kotarou visits the flat he used to live in with Kobayashi and finds a mark left behind.
How come the other kids were taken away ( by Social Services ) but Kotarou is still living on his own??
Mizuki is punched by her Boyfriend and decides it's best she moves out.
Let's hope it is only short term.
Mar 13, 2022 9:44 PM
Mar 2016
I really liked this show up until this point. This decision doesn't sit well with me at all, and feels very rushed.
Mar 14, 2022 3:23 PM

Aug 2016
Kotaro refuses to admit he's ill, nothing to do with being strong little fella.
Abandoned by their mothers, sadly no matter how you wanna think about it, abandoned be what it is.
Hostess' boyfriend wont take no for an answer and hits her.
Kotaro thinks she should run, his view has been warped by his scumbag father.
She goes to the police but they don't do anything so she has to leave.
It's not right, I hope the situation is sorted, hopefully with Yakuza breaking his legs.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 15, 2022 6:54 AM

Jul 2021
Kotaro with his yet again day to life of a figure we need in life but it seems like it's taking on a serious note in the 2nd half.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 16, 2022 1:36 AM
Mar 2021
Will Mitsuki go back in the apartment???
Mar 20, 2022 9:15 PM
Sep 2013
Mitsuki story was so dark and worldwide easy to understand and relate. It is so upsetting that she has to run to be free from someone that is abusive bc the police won't lift a finger!
Mar 26, 2022 5:02 AM
May 2020
Another bittersweet episode where the cuteness is shadowed with realisation of the darkness some people face
Apr 15, 2022 3:51 AM

Feb 2021
The ending of this episode was really weird. Whole sub-plot of her bf abuse feels rushed.
Apr 15, 2022 6:00 AM
Feb 2021
The mizuki part fricked me over I never cry to the point I don’t remember when the last time was but I can’t stop bawling I hop e we see her again
Apr 26, 2022 11:14 PM
Oct 2019
kind of sucks he made that homemade game for his classmate but then they apparently never hung out again

i couldn't understand why that lawyer lady took him to his old apartment. made no sense. i was UPSET. and then we learned she did it to put his mind at ease. she was actually being empathetic. that was surprisingly nice

i was about to be UPSET again when his neighbor was moving away because she didn't want to make her abusive boyfriend the "bad guy". "we had good times, too" omg spare me that shit. he beat you! at least she went to the police, so my rage subsided some. but of course there wasn't enough evidence. never is in domestic abuse...

a bunch of different shorts again. this show makes me laugh and cry... it's wild
Apr 29, 2022 4:40 PM

Oct 2016
Agreed with the potato above me, I wasn't liking where the last bit was going with that blaming on the victim japanese bs, but Mizuki did the right thing not only in telling the police but also in confronting Kotarou and hopefully making him think that he's not the one at fault but his father.
May 26, 2022 6:32 AM

Jul 2013
damn did she really leave for good?
May 28, 2022 2:00 PM
Nov 2017
SnowBrightt said:
The ending of this episode was really weird. Whole sub-plot of her bf abuse feels rushed.

It was hinted that there was issues and he was exporting her for money and other things throughout the series. Text messages, phone calls and such as far back as her first appearance. Things like this tend to start smaller and build like her situation.
KursedArcanaMay 28, 2022 2:04 PM
May 28, 2022 2:03 PM
Nov 2017
bushman66 said:
Kotarou gives out life lessons at Kindergarten to the other children, surprisedly for him he receives one back.
Kotarou visits the flat he used to live in with Kobayashi and finds a mark left behind.
How come the other kids were taken away ( by Social Services ) but Kotarou is still living on his own??

Those kids were outright abandoned by their parents. No financial support or anything. With kotaro, he has financial support from his mother's life insurance and the lawyers / social worker checking in regularly. He was initially at that group home /orphanage and has that restraining order so his situation is more complex. Plus a degree of anime magic amd suspension of disbelief.
Jun 12, 2022 2:38 PM

Apr 2016
bushman66 said:

I hated that too, but honestly, that's what you do IRL when that happens. Yes, go to the police, but most don't want to fear being killed in their sleep by a crazy ex. Or any crazy ex fears if restraining orders and police intervention aren't enough to keep them away.

It's also what people do when they break up sometimes too. People don't always want to remember or live in a place with those memories. Good or bad.
Jun 15, 2022 5:21 AM

Jul 2015
I don't really like the fact Mizuki has to leave (hopefully she'll be able to move back) but I can understand its better to be safe than sorry, especially since there was not enough evidence to detain the crazy ex.

Jul 6, 2022 5:43 AM
Nov 2020
I’m not a big fan of the ending to this episode. The whole thing just feels abit rushed, I understand why kotaro wanted her to run but she shouldn’t have. If the boyfriend is that obsessive then he will just follow her and then she is all alone.. if she stays in the apartment she’s surrounded by people who care and will watch over her and then if the boyfriend does anything there is multiple witnesses who will back up miziki🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t like how they did it
Jul 6, 2022 9:40 PM

Nov 2012
jesus now we've got an abusive boyfriend in the mix too!
Kotora gives terrible advice for the situation telling her not to go to the police, but I guess he can't be blamed for that being a kid and all, and obviously not come to terms with his own abuse.
It is a shame she has to leave, the family dynamic of them was cute!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Aug 26, 2022 5:27 PM
Oct 2018
That last story in ep 7 was harsh.
Aug 27, 2022 7:26 AM

Aug 2020
This episode was the worst so far because of one thing and one thing only, which is the fact that mizuki left.

Like, I understand from the viewpoint of a 4 year old why he meddled so strongly and had strong opinions, but someone has to tell him that no- his dad was a piece of shit.
That no- he was not in the wrong for calling for help when he was in a dire situation.
Some people will only stop when you restrain them, when you take action, and for Mizuki, an adult in an abusive relationship, to take the advise of a 4 year of victim of domestic abuse and still unable to process that trauma, deciding then to leave and hide away from her friends bc she didn't wanna make the abuser the bad guy by rightfully calling the police is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING TERRIBLE.

Goddamn this pissed me off.
Aug 31, 2022 9:33 PM
Jun 2014
I'd commit crimes to keep Mizuki with us.
Sep 11, 2022 11:54 PM
Apr 2016
It's a very feel good kinda show. This episode don't stand out or anything, but I'm enjoying my time none the less.
Sep 20, 2022 10:02 AM

Jul 2013
anyone know what mark is from the apartement?
heuh....
Oct 7, 2022 2:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Noo Mizuki is leaving the apartment because of her violent boyfriend... how unfair it is
Mar 7, 2023 4:19 PM

Oct 2010
"Not enough evidence to arrest him" is sadly very realistic. I'm assuming she also had to find a new job, as even if her boyfriend would be tossed out on his ear trying to enter her workplace, he could still catch her leaving or arriving.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotarou wa Hitorigurashi Episode 4 Discussion

JokerVentura - Mar 12, 2022

16 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Mar 14, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kotarou wa Hitorigurashi Episode 3 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 11, 2022

27 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 17, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Kotarou wa Hitorigurashi Episode 2 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 11, 2022

22 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 15, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Kotarou wa Hitorigurashi Episode 1 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 10, 2022

29 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Kotarou wa Hitorigurashi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MarcusWongKS - Mar 11, 2022

76 by OldHermit_ »»
Feb 1, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.