Forum Settings
Forums

Who is your favorite fashion designer in anime/manga?

New
Mar 8, 2022 6:54 AM

Mar 2013
I'm specifically talking about real life character designers and mangaka.

My favorites are CLAMP, Arina Tanemura, Ume Aoki, BUNBUN, and others that im forgetting.

What are yours?
I know your PTW list is bigger than your completed list.
Mar 8, 2022 7:05 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Oda Eiichiro, Aida Iro, Shirahama Kamome, Miyazaki Hayao, CLAMP

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Mar 8, 2022 7:17 AM

Apr 2020
Hirohiko Araki (Jojos bizarre adventure)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2022 7:32 AM

Oct 2020
Hirohiko Araki (Jojos bizarre adventure) (2)

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
Mar 8, 2022 8:05 AM
Jun 2019
Ken Wakui (Tokyo Revengers), Rui Komatsuzaki (Danganronpa), Akira Amano (REBORN!), Aidalro (TBHK)

Mar 8, 2022 12:40 PM

Dec 2015
There is only one for me which is Tite Kubo -> Bleach. From what I know he was working/trying to work as fashion designer before creating manga, or something like that, don't remember clearly right now. edit: checked for it, it seemes he never was related to fashion design job irl, but cause of working on manga he took alot of details on creating fashion as his inspirations of older mangas characters always wore the same clothes 24/7.

Mar 8, 2022 4:12 PM
Dec 2017
Ai Yazawa just look at NANA and Paradise Kiss and also shout out to i am not an angel and kagen no tsuki

Mar 8, 2022 4:19 PM

May 2021
my vote goes for whoever designed momonga/ainz ooal gown. this man has the best character design of any anime character I've seen.
"Signatures are cringe" - Sun Tzu probably
Mar 9, 2022 12:44 AM

Oct 2008
Takatori, Madoka (Shounen Maid)
Or
Tsumura, Ikuto (Runway de Waratte)

Fashion designer is hard because I can only recall two anime. I just can't remember if I liked they're designs, or just the anime itself.
Apr 9, 2022 11:56 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Eternal-Destiny said:
I'm specifically talking about real life character designers and mangaka.

My favorites are CLAMP, Arina Tanemura, Ume Aoki, BUNBUN, and others that im forgetting.

What are yours?
Sorry, meant to post on this thread way sooner, but CLAMP, Arina Tanemura, and Ume Aoki are indeed great picks!!

Still need to read more of her work, but Moyoco Anno is very talented too!

Also I'm surprised @TheBlockernator wasn't in this thread earlier to shill Kazuki Takahashi, so I'll do that for him lmao

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶
xXxAlmaxXx said:
There is only one for me which is Tite Kubo -> Bleach. From what I know he was working/trying to work as fashion designer before creating manga, or something like that, don't remember clearly right now. edit: checked for it, it seemes he never was related to fashion design job irl, but cause of working on manga he took alot of details on creating fashion as his inspirations of older mangas characters always wore the same clothes 24/7.
Haven't read very much of Bleach, but I honestly kinda have to agree! :)

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶
Crow_Black said:
Ai Yazawa just look at NANA and Paradise Kiss and also shout out to i am not an angel and kagen no tsuki
Crow shilling Ai Yazawa again, can't say I blame you though lol

Apr 9, 2022 2:17 PM
Dec 2017
@Fario-P

Do give both i am not an angel and kagen no tsuki a read its worth it

Apr 9, 2022 10:24 PM

Jun 2017
Whoever did the designs for JoJo and Yuu Yuu Hakusho. The outfits look clean af
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Apr 9, 2022 10:36 PM

Apr 2020
Definitely Ai Yazawa, her clothing designs are really pretty.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Apr 10, 2022 6:31 AM

Feb 2018
mid/late-90's, CCS-era CLAMP is among the very best Anime fashion to be found, IMO;

MasterTasukeApr 10, 2022 6:41 AM
Apr 10, 2022 6:03 PM

Apr 2021
Hirohiko Araki (Jojos bizarre adventure) (3)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2022 6:47 PM

May 2020
AI YAZAWA, just watching Paradise Kiss is enough of a reason to think so.

Maybe try sleeping?

Apr 10, 2022 7:29 PM

Feb 2019
[Constellation humantwig, thinks that Omniscient Reader has some amazing fashion even though it's just words]

Thinking of stuff people haven't already said, Tower of God has some amazing fashion and so does Houseki no Kuni.

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Apr 10, 2022 7:39 PM
Feb 2021
Hirohiko Araki (Jojos bizarre adventure) (4)
Apr 11, 2022 12:22 PM

Nov 2014
Without thinking too much, the first name that comes to my mind is Tite Kubo. It is one of the things that differentiates Bleach from the other big shounen. Not that it affects the enjoyment in any way, but I think it was pretty cool.
Apr 11, 2022 12:44 PM
May 2021
Akira Toriyama.

His characters always looks fashionably comfortable, even as monsters/aliens and robots.
Apr 11, 2022 9:18 PM

Nov 2018
I remember being impressed at the sight of the traditional japanese fashion and clothing for both men and women displayed in Yukibana no Tora, illustrated by Akiko Higashimura.

Slimsith said:
Akira Toriyama.

His characters always looks fashionably comfortable, even as monsters/aliens and robots.
Also, this. Akira Toriyama doesn't miss.
Apr 11, 2022 9:38 PM

Feb 2014
arina tanemura is my favorite. her gals always look so cute.

also ume aoki cause part of my favorite thing about madoka magica is the girl's outfits.

Apr 12, 2022 9:21 AM
May 2021
Mirabem said:
I remember being impressed at the sight of the traditional japanese fashion and clothing for both men and women displayed in Yukibana no Tora, illustrated by Akiko Higashimura.

Slimsith said:
Akira Toriyama.

Also, this. Akira Toriyama doesn't miss.

Since it's a fashion topic, Bulma of the series was always on point when it came to fashion throughout the years as well as her hair.

It's good to know that at least there's one character who stuck with the times.
Apr 30, 2022 5:24 AM
Jun 2021
Takahiro Kimura and Masami Obari. Both guys know how to make the female body look appealing to everyone.
Hot Blood saves lives.

More topics from this board

» What is the best anime cheering ever?

SgtBateMan - 4 hours ago

7 by Tirinchas »»
5 minutes ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - 4 hours ago

8 by Theo1899 »»
14 minutes ago

» Love at first sight XD ( 1 2 3 4 )

kirAth-shiAue - Mar 24, 2007

169 by Serafos »»
17 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

147 by AramHovhanued »»
41 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby?

Anjuro - Yesterday

45 by Anjuro »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.