Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Kinda interesting they explored the side of Labyrista's story including her battle. That was a hell of a bloody ending for her though. Yikes.

Not going to lie, I was surprised the direction of this episode as it also had fun moments with Karyl and her friends. Poor Karyl, there were so many emotions for her this episode.
Mar 7, 2022 7:33 AM

Apr 2014
Rima plushie LMAO
The battle between Labyrista and Kaiser was very doped. It was deserved to be the battle between the Seven Crowns. Sasuga Cygames Pictures.
That ending... 😲 Dammmmn..... you, Mana. it's time for Yuuki, Pecorine, Kokkoro, and everyone else to go to rescue Kyaru from that vixen.
AkeZZZMar 7, 2022 8:01 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 7, 2022 9:07 AM

Apr 2021
That was a frightening ending... Poor kyaru I hate seeing poor cats suffering like this since the day I accidentally skated on my cat's tail when I was a teen
Impressive fight against Labyrista, parabéns
Mar 7, 2022 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
The final stretch of PriConne's sequel...will certainly be yet another key defining moments.

Karyl seems better off then she was before, and I love her new hairstyle. And while Labyrista instigated that Yuuki has already been exposed to the events before Re:Dive, Kaiser Insight...had a change of heart when she saw Pecorine (or rather, Princess Eustiana) within her, and this I feel is a MAJOR transformation since Season 1.

It's nice to see the Gourmet Guild do their activities together, it's been awhile since this feeling. And Shizuru's strong headbutt to Rino will always never get old. But beneath all that, the Seven Crowns battle between Queen "Labyrista" Labyrinth vs. Kaiser "Mana" Insight, man, Cygames delivered through and through as the epic focus of the sequel. Mana's Inherent Ability "Hadou Tensei" I would have liked to see though, but having the Shadows be her secondary source of power is justified to make-do for her failing powers.

The shocker...is that Mana summoning Karyl right then and there to trick Labyrista, her loss has detonated a ticking timebomb for Landosol, and it's only up to Yuuki and the rest to stop her once and for all.

Just pure enjoyment...turned to pure stricken shock.

Mar 7, 2022 9:53 AM

Jul 2011
The battle of this episode was the hope for Landosol to not get razed to the ground, unless Labyrista is alive and can conjure another reality marble.

Now is see Karyl stance next episode.
Mar 7, 2022 11:30 AM
Dec 2018
As if one Kaiser wasn't bad, now we have two of them.
Mar 7, 2022 11:41 AM

Feb 2019
This is so much more than just a cutsey gacha adaptation. This second season has elevated the production quality and storytelling to such new levels, it’s incredible. That final battle is among the best you’ll ever see in the medium, those camera movements and rotoscopes… fucking insane to pull off in a tv anime.

Kyaru getting blood on her face as labrysta fell to her death was just pain. She’s going to be so mentally broken after that. Idk how they’re going to beat kaiser without her… fuck man
Marinate1016Mar 7, 2022 11:45 AM
Mar 7, 2022 12:14 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That end with Karyl and Labyrista :o though I'm not even surprised at this point
Mar 7, 2022 12:24 PM
Sep 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Kyaru getting blood on her face as labrysta fell to her death was just pain. She’s going to be so mentally broken after that. Idk how they’re going to beat kaiser without her… fuck man

Her loyalty to Kaiser caused someone to die. No excuse to stay loyal to that witch.
Mar 7, 2022 1:04 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Jun seems to be suspicious after what Christina told her and it was also nice seeing Big sister Shizuru! Pecorine also didn't have much luck finding an opportunity to talk to Kyaru about her situation. Labryista met with Kaiser...
She fought her but Kaiser was very powerful and it seems she wants Labyrista's power for herself...
Labryista manages to make Kaiser run out of magic and Rino's beautiful arrow rain was amazing! Shizuru did her UB Sacred Punish also against the shadows outside.
BUT NOOOOOO KYARU!!!! !THAT HORRIBLE KAISER MADE HER TELEPORT INTO LABYRISTA'S ATTACK!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 7, 2022 1:18 PM

Jan 2014
Jfc that ending really hit down deep. I can't wait for the next episode already. Next week can't come quick enough.
Mar 7, 2022 1:37 PM
Dec 2013
"Hasta la vista". Is that a motherfucking Terminator 2 reference?! As if I didn't already adore Karyl enough, she then goes on to quote Arnold Schwarzenegger's famous line in T2 (but without the baby). I adore her even more now.

Also, what an epic battle that was. Did Labyrista just get killed? Didn't expect any of the "good guys" to die in this anime. Shocking moment.
wildhoodMar 7, 2022 2:46 PM
Mar 7, 2022 1:55 PM
May 2021
Marinate1016 said:
This is so much more than just a cutsey gacha adaptation. This second season has elevated the production quality and storytelling to such new levels, it’s incredible. That final battle is among the best you’ll ever see in the medium, those camera movements and rotoscopes… fucking insane to pull off in a tv anime.

I totally agree with the first sentence. This 2nd season really surpasses expectation.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Mar 7, 2022 3:07 PM

Jun 2017
Hmm I am not sure Laby is really dead, Rino and Shizuru were still there but even if they managed to collect her she will be out for very long.
Mar 7, 2022 3:15 PM

Jul 2014
Another episode that has elements that work great in isolation, but end up feeling cluttered and too busy when put together in one episode like this. So many subplots going on this episode, from Pecorine trying to tell Karyl the truth, to Karyl getting closer to one of the two Kaisers (I'm guessing there's two because of the changes Labyrista mentioned), to Jun finally investigating the situation, to the festival and to Labyrista trying to take down Kaiser once and for all. That's a lot going on for one episode and I definitely think it was one or two subplots too many (at the very least, the festival could be cut so the transition between Labyrista at her crepe stall and confronting Kaiser didn't feel so abrupt).

That said, the Kaiser vs Labyrista fight was absolutely fantastic in terms of the sheer scale of it and the technical merits involved, another very impressive effort from the animation team there.
Mar 7, 2022 3:30 PM

Apr 2018
interesting battle between both Kaiser Insight, and Labyrista. It kind of repeated the battle they had in the game,, maybe Labyrista will be sent back to the real world, just like in the game, and then go back into Astrum again, alive?

Also, Ayumi spotted at 08:07.
Mar 7, 2022 4:13 PM

Nov 2011
I pray that Labyrista is somehow still alive. Thats some bullshit if she is dead and is basically the first side character to perish. I refuse to accept it. ALSO the head Knight we can assume is dead as well or at least in Kaiser's clutches.

DarkEminence1954 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Her loyalty to Kaiser caused someone to die. No excuse to stay loyal to that witch.

Holy shit THANK YOU! Yo Karyl is the worst. She's been with the Kaiser since the beginning. It doesn't matter what she does with the Gourmet Guild because all the Kaiser has to say is "Kill them"
She's even dumb enough to have the Ring on her Finger KNOWING FULL ON WELL PECORINE HAD THE RING ON AND GOT TELEPORTED TO THE CASTLE.

Anime would have been SO much better had Labyrista stabbed Karyl
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 7, 2022 5:00 PM
Sep 2019
SoraSenpai said:
I pray that Labyrista is somehow still alive. Thats some bullshit if she is dead and is basically the first side character to perish. I refuse to accept it. ALSO the head Knight we can assume is dead as well or at least in Kaiser's clutches.

Holy shit THANK YOU! Yo Karyl is the worst. She's been with the Kaiser since the beginning. It doesn't matter what she does with the Gourmet Guild because all the Kaiser has to say is "Kill them"
She's even dumb enough to have the Ring on her Finger KNOWING FULL ON WELL PECORINE HAD THE RING ON AND GOT TELEPORTED TO THE CASTLE.

Anime would have been SO much better had Labyrista stabbed Karyl

Sadly, the problem for Karyl is that she is THAT loyal to Kaiser, not just because of an oath but she chose to. Everytime she sees the worst of her master, Karyl would just try to mentally paint a narrative to make Kaiser look benevolent. However this time, there's no ambiguity. Kaiser used Karyl as a shield and murdered someone she knew.
Mar 7, 2022 8:28 PM
Aug 2018
seeing pekorine not as cheerful as before made me sad and in the end pecorine was unable to tell the truth to karyl chan
Mar 7, 2022 9:47 PM

Nov 2018
This show is a frickin rollercoaster.
Mar 7, 2022 11:14 PM

Jan 2022
I loved how the preview for this week’s episode made it seem like it was all about the market fair, and then we tune in expecting cute moments and then get clobbered with two literal moons hitting each other.

Can’t wait to see how it all unfolds
Mar 7, 2022 11:25 PM
Nov 2015
I want to mention something that people may not be noticing at all: Take notice of the fact that ever since Episode 4, Yuuki has been keeping his issues to himself rather than telling them to the others (I.e. he never shared what he saw when learned who Kiiri was, is hiding the fact that he remembers his old guild from Pecorine and the others, and now is hiding that something wrong is going on with him physically as Laby asked).

Not to mention that whenever he is alone or with someone like Laby, his behavior takes a 180 VS when he's around the Gourmet Guild. I won't explain further until asked.
Red_Tiger_12Mar 7, 2022 11:29 PM
Mar 7, 2022 11:28 PM

Jan 2022
Also, does this mean that this is the last possible Re:Dive since it's not possible to reset now that Laby is out of action? If so, this just makes the conclusion all the more intense! The final battles will sure be a blast
Mar 7, 2022 11:38 PM
Jan 2017
wait,, is this honkai impact 3rd?
nightglow playing:

"Never let you go, it's why I did them all
For a chance at least, to live in your way
Love of you is my most cherished thing
So stay alive, bravely"..
Mar 7, 2022 11:46 PM

Nov 2019
Will be really interesting to see how this plays out! Karyl going from fake smiles to more genuine throughout the seasons, will it all just come crashing down for her? Karyl's emotional recovery art?

But gosh, having Karyl teleport in place of Kaiser Insight, and then having Labyrista just managing to avoid killing Karyl in order for Labyrista to get a dagger in the back. That's rough. But to be honest (even if I would burn CyGamePicture to the ground for it), if Labyrista had killed or majorly injured Karyl in Kaiser's stead, that would be a hell of an ending for the episode. To see the look on Labyristas face as she realises she just killed one of Yuuki's precious friends.

LightSeeker5 said:

I could be wrong, (and probably are =P), but cannot any of the old team engage the Re:Dive, were Laby an essential part of it?

Marinate1016 said:

Hey, Marinate! You're completely right, I think most people did not expect that this series would take itself seriously and have such a deep plot as it has!
─── ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ───

"No matter how devastated you may be by your own weaknesses or uselessness...
Set your heart ablaze. Grit your teeth and look straight ahead.
Even if you stop and crouch down, the time won't wait for you...
or snuggle you, or grieve along with you."

─── ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ───
Mar 8, 2022 12:12 AM
Sep 2019
LightSeeker5 said:
Also, does this mean that this is the last possible Re:Dive since it's not possible to reset now that Laby is out of action? If so, this just makes the conclusion all the more intense! The final battles will sure be a blast

Of course, this series completely deviates from what happens in the game. Even worse,

However we also have to take note that
Mar 8, 2022 1:51 AM
Jan 2008
Yo, why is there 2 Mana's? I feel like I missed something at some stage.
Mar 8, 2022 2:09 AM

Apr 2014
YayaBunWa said:
Yo, why is there 2 Mana's? I feel like I missed something at some stage.

何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 8, 2022 2:14 AM
Dec 2018
DarkEminence1954 said:

So you mean to say,
Mar 8, 2022 2:15 AM
Dec 2018
Red_Tiger_12 said:
I want to mention something that people may not be noticing at all: Take notice of the fact that ever since Episode 4, Yuuki has been keeping his issues to himself rather than telling them to the others (I.e. he never shared what he saw when learned who Kiiri was, is hiding the fact that he remembers his old guild from Pecorine and the others, and now is hiding that something wrong is going on with him physically as Laby asked).

Not to mention that whenever he is alone or with someone like Laby, his behavior takes a 180 VS when he's around the Gourmet Guild. I won't explain further until asked.

Please spoil me more
Mar 8, 2022 2:18 AM
Sep 2019
salarx said:
DarkEminence1954 said:

So you mean to say,

Mar 8, 2022 4:45 AM

Nov 2018
Why metamorregnant was controlled by Kaiser? Does Kaiser have brainwashed ability?
Mar 8, 2022 5:05 AM
Sep 2019
Ereshchan said:
Why metamorregnant was controlled by Kaiser? Does Kaiser have brainwashed ability?

He does possess some sort as it's that ability why everyone forgot about Pecorine.
Mar 8, 2022 5:59 AM
Jul 2016
sheesh, what an episode. the pacing on how they drop lore bombs is perfect, by increments but not too heavy that it'd ruin the story's pacing. I love how the second season is being adapted, everything around the board is being animated with passion and it shows. enjoying my time watching it and probably rate it as one of the best this season.
Mar 8, 2022 7:26 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Pecorine trying to tell Keryl that she is the real princess Eustiana while the false princess fights an old friend and defeats her putting Keryl in front of her
Mar 8, 2022 9:56 AM

Dec 2008
I'm sure Laby will be fine. If she died, then Yuuki saying he will protect everyone or all his relations (kizuna), would become false. It would also defeat the purpose of him choosing to start this cycle rather than going back and fighting in the previous cycle.

DarkEminence1954 said:
salarx said:

So you mean to say,

Spoilers for the JP version of the game, as I have no idea how far the English version has covered in the story so far.
Saku_kMar 8, 2022 10:01 AM
Mar 8, 2022 11:32 AM

Mar 2013
Every episode is heartbreaking to watch. A real tragic ending, can't wait for the next episode.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 8, 2022 2:40 PM

Nov 2009
Looks like the anime is heading away from the game again.

A lot of things are happening and it looks like the good guys are losing again.

Meanwhile Kyaru the traitor meant the downfall of Labyrinth.

It feels like the "Loop" might not be able to be reactivated for a while. Meaning if Yuuki actually does die now, it means Evil Queen wins and no one else can stop her anymore. (Yuuki needs to be alive for the loop, and Laby to activate the loop)

Cause at this time, Yuuki is nowhere strong enough (or companion enough) to go against Mana.

The game and anime showed that Mana and Yuuki been going through loops and they always ended up in a sort of stalemate where Mana always wins but Yuuki goes in a loop and taking Mana with it.

And the only way for Mana to win is to completely destroy Yuuki and his companions before he loops.
Which is probably the reason why Yui was separated fairly far away from Yuuki and they don't meet up to fight against Mana.
By making Yuuki gather up his harem slower, gives Mana higher chances of winning and preventing him from looping.

And the way the game is going, it suggests the idea of how Yuuki meets with the other girls all by himself and befriending all of them. As the only way to really win is with a harem of powered up girls with Yuuki's ability.

The anime goes in a different direction where Yuuki seems to befriending very slowly cause he stays with the gourmet guild constantly and only meets others during group events instead of solo. This leads to how the bad guys seems to constantly win. Especially since the anime is literally carried by Peco's Princess Strike, without it, Yuuki would have died long ago back in season 1.

___ ___ ___

Also, Rino and Shizuru decimating them shadows, lol.

Also, also, Yuuki's memory is slowly returning (with flashbacks), that's why he acts more mature when talking to Laby. (but he keeps the happy-attitude when he's with others so other ppls won't get worried)

___ ___ ___

amlgMar 8, 2022 5:02 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 8, 2022 5:02 PM

Jul 2012
Mana being the main antagonist couldn't have been more obvious, & it's no surprise that she obliterated Labyrista along with her evil grin, though I do admit that the fight between Mana and Laby was kinda intense. Losing Labyrista is such a heartbreaker, & she's one of the more important characters in the series. Plus, Mana and her shadow army are going to be stronger than ever, & the heroes must find a way to stop that evil queen. They'll be more episodes to come!
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Mar 8, 2022 5:23 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Tbh i don't really catch the overarching plot, since its really jumbling up from one to another. Or am i just not paid much attention? But i am surely enjoy this, because, look at that. Shit, the battle sequence is so well done outstanding. While the story really escalated quickly, when there's a happy go-around nuance with everyone having a nice festival on the background, and also having Karyl cheerful the entire time. Then, bam, red-haired chick get stabbed, Pecorine couldn't even tell the truth about herself. Almost made it! But also a shame for Pecorine! Hopefully those red-haired will be fine, or it sure become more difficult for Yuuki to overcome the later situations. Or maybe not, because the power of mc, friendship, and harem, never let the bad side win. Lets see how this anime choose the path....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 8, 2022 8:40 PM

Jul 2016
Well, shit. Redhead megane hottie is dead and Karyl is partially responsible for it. Seriously, I swear it's getting harder and harder to defend her with each passing episode.
Mar 8, 2022 9:58 PM

Dec 2008
amlg said:
It feels like the "Loop" might not be able to be reactivated for a while. Meaning if Yuuki actually does die now, it means Evil Queen wins and no one else can stop her anymore. (Yuuki needs to be alive for the loop, and Laby to activate the loop)

The game and anime showed that Mana and Yuuki been going through loops and they always ended up in a sort of stalemate where Mana always wins but Yuuki goes in a loop and taking Mana with it.

And the only way for Mana to win is to completely destroy Yuuki and his companions before he loops.
Which is probably the reason why Yui was separated fairly far away from Yuuki and they don't meet up to fight against Mana.
By making Yuuki gather up his harem slower, gives Mana higher chances of winning and preventing him from looping.

None of this is true. Is this theory crafting based on the English version of the game, where these things have maybe not been explained yet?
Mar 9, 2022 1:56 AM
Nov 2015
amlg said:
Looks like the anime is heading away from the game again.

A lot of things are happening and it looks like the good guys are losing again.

Meanwhile Kyaru the traitor meant the downfall of Labyrinth.

Cause at this time, Yuuki is nowhere strong enough (or companion enough) to go against Mana.

And the way the game is going, it suggests the idea of how Yuuki meets with the other girls all by himself and befriending all of them. As the only way to really win is with a harem of powered up girls with Yuuki's ability.

The anime goes in a different direction where Yuuki seems to befriending very slowly cause he stays with the gourmet guild constantly and only meets others during group events instead of solo. This leads to how the bad guys seems to constantly win. Especially since the anime is literally carried by Peco's Princess Strike, without it, Yuuki would have died long ago back in season 1.

___ ___ ___

Also, Rino and Shizuru decimating them shadows, lol.

Also, also, Yuuki's memory is slowly returning (with flashbacks), that's why he acts more mature when talking to Laby. (but he keeps the happy-attitude when he's with others so other ppls won't get worried)

___ ___ ___

That is not at all what Laby said.
Read at your own risk:

Also, you're exaggerating a bit about how Pecorine is carrying the group by herself when in the first Episode of last season, the trio would have been eaten by monsters if Yuuki didn't subconsciously activate his power to give her the boost needed to free herself.
Red_Tiger_12Mar 9, 2022 2:11 AM
Mar 9, 2022 2:16 AM
Nov 2015
salarx said:
Red_Tiger_12 said:

Please spoil me more

Ever since Yuuki has gotten clearer fragments of his memories and a bit of insight into what may be going on in the world, he's internally keeping what he may know from his guildmates and hiding what he really feels.

You can see how he's able to speak more coherently when talking to Laby, compared to how he talks to the Gourmet Guild. His behavior also takes a turn when alone or with Laby. Plus there is the fact that he clearly knew what she was talking about when she asked "How are you doing physically?". It's quite similar to how his game counterpart is good at hiding what he thinks by just observing.
Mar 9, 2022 6:20 AM
Sep 2019
Here's just a rundown on Karyl's character.

Karyl is not only loyal to Kaiser Insight because of brainwashing but also because she is genuinely loyal to her. If given one small gesture of kindness, Karyl is fully on her side.

Whenever Kaiser does something terrible, Karyl would always try to mentally push down the guilt or try to change the narrative from "awful Kaiser" to "Kaiser having good reasons". It helps that all those things from Karyl's perspective are ambiguous and from the mouth of people who has know idea who Kaiser is.

However this time, there's no ambiguity. Her master used her as a shield and murdered one of her friends, right in front of her. Karyl is not only suffering guilt for Labyrista but also the guilt she had built up over the course of two seasons.

Red_Tiger_12 said:
Also, you're exaggerating a bit about how Pecorine is carrying the group by herself when in the first Episode of last season, the trio would have been eaten by monsters if Yuuki didn't subconsciously activate his power to give her the boost needed to free herself.

Yuuki also played a factor in some of their victories.
Mar 9, 2022 9:09 AM
Nov 2015
DarkEminence1954 said:
Here's just a rundown on Karyl's character.

Karyl is not only loyal to Kaiser Insight because of brainwashing but also because she is genuinely loyal to her. If given one small gesture of kindness, Karyl is fully on her side.

Whenever Kaiser does something terrible, Karyl would always try to mentally push down the guilt or try to change the narrative from "awful Kaiser" to "Kaiser having good reasons". It helps that all those things from Karyl's perspective are ambiguous and from the mouth of people who has know idea who Kaiser is.

However this time, there's no ambiguity. Her master used her as a shield and murdered one of her friends, right in front of her. Karyl is not only suffering guilt for Labyrista but also the guilt she had built up over the course of two seasons.

I would find difficulty believing Laby as someone who can be considered as Karyl's 'friend'. If anything, Laby's closer to being a 'friend' to Kokkoro than her (or Pecorine). What the end of this Episode did between Laby and Karyl is the same ridiculous "implying of an off-screen relationship" in the same vein as what the anime did in Episode 7 between Yuuki and Chika, who also may I remind you barely interacted with each other for them to be genuinely considered as 'friends'.

DarkEminence1954 said:
Yuuki also played a factor in some of their victories.

Exactly. Without his ability to boost their powers, I doubt the group would still be alive. Yuuki doesn't get enough credit for being the one that gives his friends the triumphant edge they need to grasp victory.
Mar 9, 2022 10:52 AM

Dec 2008
Red_Tiger_12 said:

Exactly. Without his ability to boost their powers, I doubt the group would still be alive. Yuuki doesn't get enough credit for being the one that gives his friends the triumphant edge they need to grasp victory.

I would say his power is definitely underplayed in the anime.
Majority of the first season Yuuki is not buffing his team because he cannot use the power (for some reason), yet they are still pretty strong and rather effective at fighting.
Even in season two, there are many instances of characters being very powerful without his buff, like when they are running away from the big boss in Episode 4, and Makoto goes flying, cuts off the entire edge of a cliff, killing the boss all by herself.
Also, it's often not made clear just how much exactly his power is helping. For example he buffs Yuni in episode 3 and she is fighting the skeletons and stuff. Cool. But we have no idea what her fighting capabilities are outside of being buffed, because we never see her do any fighting before that. The characters we do see fight without his buff, are already very strong without it (like Peco), so it is not easy to understand just how much of a change his power is making.
Mar 9, 2022 11:12 AM
Nov 2015
Saku_k said:
Red_Tiger_12 said:

Majority of the first season Yuuki is not buffing his team because he cannot use the power (for some reason), yet they are still pretty strong and rather effective at fighting.
Even in season two, there are many instances of characters being very powerful without his buff, like when they are running away from the big boss in Episode 4, and Makoto goes flying, cuts off the entire edge of a cliff, killing the boss all by herself.
Also, it's often not made clear just how much exactly his power is helping. For example he buffs Yuni in episode 3 and she is fighting the skeletons and stuff. Cool. But we have no idea what her fighting capabilities are outside of being buffed, because we never see her do any fighting before that. The characters we do see fight without his buff, are already very strong without it (like Peco), so it is not easy to understand just how much of a change his power is making.

This is honestly one of my gripes with the anime just haphazardly using the girls' Union Bursts and doing so in a way that Yuuki's presence and buff on them makes almost no difference. While visually they look astonishing, story-wise, if they are already pulling off such astronomically powerful attacks, what's the point in keeping the guy who's role it is to allow them to do that?

If Pecorine's Princess Strike can already obliterate a giant monster... then what's the point in keeping Yuuki around? The fact that he is barely allowed to play his other important role -- forming strong bonds with the other characters who end up helping him and his friends -- makes this even worse in my eyes. You can practically write him out and give his other character traits and importance to the story to any of the others and nothing would be different (which, actually, already was a thing since last season anyway). In the game, at least, his ability to buff his friends is treated as being crucial in almost every climax (the Main Story or Events).
Mar 9, 2022 12:15 PM

Dec 2008
Red_Tiger_12 said:
Saku_k said:

This is honestly one of my gripes with the anime just haphazardly using the girls' Union Bursts and doing so in a way that Yuuki's presence and buff on them makes almost no difference. While visually they look astonishing, story-wise, if they are already pulling off such astronomically powerful attacks, what's the point in keeping the guy who's role it is to allow them to do that?

If Pecorine's Princess Strike can already obliterate a giant monster... then what's the point in keeping Yuuki around? The fact that he is barely allowed to play his other important role -- forming strong bonds with the other characters who end up helping him and his friends -- makes this even worse in my eyes. You can practically write him out and give his other character traits and importance to the story to any of the others and nothing would be different (which, actually, already was a thing since last season anyway). In the game, at least, his ability to buff his friends is treated as being crucial in almost every climax (the Main Story or Events).

The only other reason to keep him around, aside from his powers, would be because he is the main driver of the story, a totally awesome guy whom everyone loves, so of course they want to be with him and fight for him.
But that also falls by the wayside in the anime.
He talks about protecting his bonds this time, meanwhile Kyaru and Peco are busy making bonds with each other and not with Yuuki.
He basically lost all his bonds in choosing to do the reset, rather than going back and fighting, but has totally failed to rebuild them.
I feel like the anime is an excellent opportunity to delve deeper into his character and give him a more prominent role, because he is no longer relegated to being a silent protagonist like in the game. But instead they made him even more irrelevant...
Mar 9, 2022 3:09 PM
Sep 2019
Red_Tiger_12 said:

I would find difficulty believing Laby as someone who can be considered as Karyl's 'friend'. If anything, Laby's closer to being a 'friend' to Kokkoro than her (or Pecorine). What the end of this Episode did between Laby and Karyl is the same ridiculous "implying of an off-screen relationship" in the same vein as what the anime did in Episode 7 between Yuuki and Chika, who also may I remind you barely interacted with each other for them to be genuinely considered as 'friends'.

Nevertheless, this is a stark contrast to how Karyl started out. She was more than happy to assassinate people but by Season 2, she's completely mortified at the idea of harming people.

Saku_k said:

The only other reason to keep him around, aside from his powers, would be because he is the main driver of the story, a totally awesome guy whom everyone loves, so of course they want to be with him and fight for him.
But that also falls by the wayside in the anime.
He talks about protecting his bonds this time, meanwhile Kyaru and Peco are busy making bonds with each other and not with Yuuki.
He basically lost all his bonds in choosing to do the reset, rather than going back and fighting, but has totally failed to rebuild them.
I feel like the anime is an excellent opportunity to delve deeper into his character and give him a more prominent role, because he is no longer relegated to being a silent protagonist like in the game. But instead they made him even more irrelevant...

That's where you got it wrong. He doesn't want to protect his bonds, he wants to protect his friends. In the flashback, we see him making the sacrifice to everyone's attachment to ensure the reset can commence.

Also you saying he failed to rebuild bonds is also wrong. He had make connections with Kokkoro, Aoi, Eriko and Kasumi. Sure, it's not that much but I'm confident that he'll get them all back.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Princess Connect Season 3 Leak

Kingfariz - Apr 24, 2023

10 by Liddo-kun »»
Apr 7, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2022

118 by Forum »»
Mar 20, 10:21 PM

» Appreciation Post

Ice0105 - Mar 14, 2022

15 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jan 20, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2022

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Nov 8, 2023 10:13 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

60 by MizuhoKamui »»
Nov 8, 2023 7:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.