Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2022 3:43 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at around 01:15 JST This thread is now unlocked

Due to the extreme popularity of the show and the fact that for the previous season (and this season), many of the episodes had really early episode threads opened by various users, the episode threads for this show will only be made by mods until further notice.

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here
anime-primeFeb 13, 2022 8:16 AM
Feb 13, 2022 8:16 AM

Jun 2019
Another banger of an episode. As the Rumbling has finally started. Everyone is scared to death, of course. LOL. Depressed Reiner is sad and so is Gabi. But, Gabi GOAT. Had to take down so many of our friends... Nile... Pixis and so many more. :( RIP.

So many great moments in this episode. The OST was freaking perfect. The animation was perfect. Great going, MAPPA. Another great episode. And, finally got to see my girl, Annie after this long. I'm so happy to see her.

Saul Goodman's titan was amazing as well. LOL

Feb 2019
Why does everything have such a strong orange tint? It feels like they're fighting next to an erupting volcano.

Though this episode was MUCH better animated than all the previous ones, seeing as it was mostly 2D.

EDIT: Can you please stop saying "well yeah there's tons of collosal titans" - first, no, collosal titans don't let off steam like Bertholdt did to protect themselves, or they'd disintegrate before they reached Marley. 2nd, all the episodes before this by MAPPA have an annoying yellow tint that makes everything look garbage, it's not specific to The Rumbling.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
KarinaraMar 5, 2022 6:51 AM
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls

May 2020
Aftermath of that nuclear bombshell Eren dropped last episode, and damn no one’s safe from these titans now. But hey Gabi going full character development, and for once it feels like won’t mind seeing more of her.

Dope soundtrack throughout the episode, and I mean truly dope. It’s everyone against these mindless titans now. AND YES, Lord Floch made his presence felt once again.

Finally, finally the best girl woke up. Annie's hype.

Feb 2021
Welp I thought we'll be seeing more of Annie but alas.

The gang fought the pure titans like the good old days. The soundtrack was really great. The animation was really good too. Pretty much 2D. Don't really have anything to complain about.

Gabi's going through some premium character development.

โ—‘ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ–ฃ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ—
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
โ—‘ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ–ฃ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ—

Jun 2014
Oh boy that OST during all the titan killing was fucking fire. Glad they kept the Saul Goodman titan lol, even though it looked a little different compared to the manga. And after so so long, Annie is finally out of that crystal and back in the story. Another great episode.

Oh yeah, RIP Commander Pixis :(
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Another glorious episode! Pumping up the action with some of the old and iconic tracks, they really know how stir up the vibe and feelings from the earlier seasons.

A throwback to the past seeing the Corps battling against the titans. Sadly, it was too much for Marley and other forces though for a first try. Gee, the titans sure are menacing as ever. Got to add a cool Mikasa scene or two, thanks for the treat! Yelena totally unfazed and the titan crashing right beside her was quite the shot.

Close call for the little girl there. Not often that we're happy to see Gabi pop up in the screen xD but that was really good. And Sasha... It's the feels, again.

Connie pulling off that crappy move. It's not like I don't understand where he's coming from but that really is not nice. Spirit of nakama, got to prevail that at all costs.

Pyxis. Fudge, please don't pull of that move showing those moments. As someone who still believes that Season 1 was the prime of the show, that's hurts an extra tiny bit.

Annie, finally. Yes it's been a long wait but she's back! And with that ring of hers too, boy doesn't that bring back a flood of memories! Anyway, her shocked look said it all really. Armin's extra notice of her, Bertholdts influence?

Freakin' Eren didn't even bother to convert the poor soldiers back to human form. Is it just out of his power or he doesn't give a sh!t?

Illustration: https://twitter.com/anime_shingeki/status/1492893829438971904?s=20&t=fcN-vZgwcx02dA4xJikEOw
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 13, 2022 8:17 AM

Nov 2020
ANNIE BACK???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I really liked the Vibe and atmosphere of this episode and Ig this episode has MAPPA's first ever eye candy ODM Action. Love It!!!
CamelBowFeb 13, 2022 8:31 AM

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Jan 2009
Annie are you ok? are you ok Annie? welp she is back at least

and RIP Pixis

the OST is very good this episode and good enough 3DMG action scenes

Jul 2021
Dang the entire sky is leaning towards a darker orange-red, gives off a very tense ambience and things about to get real. I kind of feel bad for Reiner? It seems like it’s going to be the end of him just from the looks of it but only time can tell.

Gabi definitely takes the brownie point for being the spotlight of this episode here, showing what she gots when saving Kaya, also Ayane Sakura definitely carries Gabi’s voice very nicely and the reception never disappoints me! I noticed there was a really cool scene of Gabi paralleling Potato Girl when saving Kaya, once again gotta understand that she’s attached to Potato Girl since the day Potato Girl became a true hero! I'm glad both Kaya and Gabi were able to make up and start to learn forgiveness and afterall, everyone is possessed by the evil in this world.

Everyone else seems to be doing their own stunt to kill every titan possible, the OST during the segment was pretty darn good + nostalgic and everything is just flawless once again with the cinematography, the animation, etc. RIP Pyxis though ๐Ÿ˜ญ the one commander who just lives long short like others.

But man my one anticipated panel in this chapter for this episode is finally here and I LEGIT SCREAMED DDD, FOR 4 FREAKING YEARS ANNIE BEING ENCASED IN THE CRYSTAL, THE CRYSTAL ITSELF IS MELTED thanks to Eren's Founding Titan deactivating all of the titan's hardening AND ANNIE IS FINALLY FREE WOOOHH! One of the interesting episodes so far, definitely waiting for more!!

CQLLISTFeb 13, 2022 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
It's amazing how much effort went into the action and music into this episode. Survey Corps went all in fighting the titans in what looked like hellish world with the Rumbling.

Ashes on the Fire OST music is amazing.
Feb 13, 2022 8:18 AM
Sep 2013
Top animation, best girl is back and.. They left Saul Goodman cameo in the anime and in the illustration

Mappa is the best

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLfOwLkacAEnj64?format=jpg&name=medium
I'm not english, i'm spanish, so sorry for my mistakes when i write D:

I figured out the ending of Shingeki no Kyojin back in 2014 :)
Feb 13, 2022 8:19 AM
Mar 2019
We've got some Wit level ODM sakuga in this episode.
Feb 13, 2022 8:22 AM
Jun 2020
Goddamn what an episode. They actually made Keith Shadis a Chad. What an entrance. Even better than manga.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 13, 2022 8:23 AM

Jan 2009
Hello229 said:

you got to be joking lol but ok
Feb 13, 2022 8:24 AM
Oct 2021
Gabi development,shadis development, Pixis moment ,Saul goodman mindless Titan,odm gear with S1 soundtrack,nicollo and Gabi dialogue and the animation was top Tier 5/5
Feb 13, 2022 8:24 AM

Feb 2020
Easily the best episode so far IMO. I loved all that action.

The animation was also so good.

SerafosFeb 13, 2022 10:59 AM
Feb 13, 2022 8:25 AM

Feb 2021
Pretty decent adaptation. I can only think of one moment that manga did better. And it's kind of annoying because i could think of many moments that were better in the manga in previous two episodes, which were far more important episodes than this one. Mappa's inconsistency is as annoying as ever.
But i don't want to be negative. I liked the episode.
Feb 13, 2022 8:25 AM

Aug 2019
I expected a bit of a lull in animation and consistency in art quality from MAPPA after the last 5 episodes, but some of the action sequences were surprisingly good.

Using BARRICADES as an OST alongside those impressive sequences gave me big WiT S2 vibes. Not sure it tonally fit what the show is going for right now with the upbeat soundtrack and the apocalypse literally just kicked off right behind them, but I enjoyed it none the less.

Kaya forgiving Gabi and covering for her and Gabi coming to terms with everything nicely wraps up both of their respective character arcs.

Connie has ridden off with Falco to go see Mommy, and Reiner is out for the count. With the hardening being undone by Eren, Annie is now out of her crystal after 55 episodes out of the series to end the ep on a cliff hanger.
Feb 13, 2022 8:26 AM

Apr 2021
think taht was ep 6 loved it 10/10 best show ever
boredxoxoFeb 13, 2022 8:34 AM
Feb 13, 2022 8:30 AM

Apr 2013
Great follow up episode to what were 3 of the best this arc had to offer. Looks like the soundtrack finally got back into rhythm these past few weeks, solid once again this week. And the animation was mostly good, lots of 2D for 3DMG vs Titans which MAPPA had previously used CG for in the past. Gabi got some shine as did most of the alliance… and Annie is finally back even if she’s an awful character
Hello229 said:
Not nearly as fluid as Imai’s sequences. Better than any 3DMG MAPPA did prior tho.
KneelBeforeMeFeb 13, 2022 8:34 AM
Feb 13, 2022 8:30 AM
Apr 2020
Nostalgic. Brings back Season 1 era when they're fighting titans. But sadly this time, they're fighting their comrades who turned into titans. Annie and Hitch scene next week!

Feb 13, 2022 8:33 AM

Jul 2012
Music was really good, especially during the transition from the scene with Gabi and Kaya to the action with the Survey Corps.
Feb 13, 2022 8:34 AM

Nov 2020
deg said:
Hello229 said:

I genuinely think they were some WIT level cuts not Imai level tho

Feb 13, 2022 8:35 AM

Mar 2018
Amazing episode wtf. This was way better than I expected, probably the best adapted EP this season. 10/10 we move
Feb 13, 2022 8:37 AM
Jan 2021
I thought MAPPA was going to stop giving us peak after ch.123 but damn, they really went hard and they don't seem to stop
Feb 13, 2022 8:40 AM
Jan 2021
adnan_ said:
deg said:

It was good but not WIT level of usual ODM scenes. While the scene was ok, with the cadets running, it was mostly a straight camera movement , in comparison to WIT where you had also shifts of camera POVs etc. And when Mikasa was in action, most of her movements where straight line after straight line, there was no fluid change of the direction of the movement. Something like when she was trying to stop annie or aided eren vs reiner. There you can see how many dynamic changes there are. She is not moving in a straight line
Feb 13, 2022 8:42 AM

Nov 2020
imbAF said:
adnan_ said:

It was good but not WIT level of usual ODM scenes. While the scene was ok, with the cadets running, it was mostly a straight camera movement , in comparison to WIT where you had also shifts of camera POVs etc. And when Mikasa was in action, most of her movements where straight line after straight line, there was no fluid change of the direction of the movement. Something like when she was trying to stop annie or aided eren vs reiner. There you can see how many dynamic changes there are. She is not moving in a straight line
The examples you mentioned if I remember correctly were done by Ebara who is on the same level as Imai and I am simply going by the fact that I felt this was WIT's ODM while watching that scene. So yeah

Feb 13, 2022 8:42 AM
Apr 2019
adnan_ said:
deg said:

you really have to see the odm cuts on sakugabooru of s1-s3 and compare it with s4 odm scenes so far to really see that what today mappa staff has provided with the output isn't as good as previous season whether it be imai ebara ebisu odm cuts or odm cuts without them
Feb 13, 2022 8:45 AM
Jun 2021
Unusual_Kmc said:
Why does everything have such a strong orange tint? It feels like they're fighting next to an erupting volcano.

Though this episode was MUCH better animated than all the previous ones, seeing as it was mostly 2D.

I believe is because of the heat of all the colossal titans
Feb 13, 2022 8:46 AM

Nov 2020
Bababazooka69 said:
adnan_ said:
you really have to see the odm cuts on sakugabooru of s1-s3 and compare it with s4 odm scenes so far to really see that what today mappa staff has provided with the output isn't as good as previous season whether it be imai ebara ebisu odm cuts or odm cuts without them
Dawg I simply felt this was WIT when I watched it. it ain't that serious LMAO. U can think its inferior to WIT I ain't gonna argue that

Feb 13, 2022 8:46 AM
Nov 2019
KneelBeforeMe said:
Great follow up episode to what were 3 of the best this arc had to offer. Looks like the soundtrack finally got back into rhythm these past few weeks, solid once again this week. And the animation was mostly good, lots of 2D for 3DMG vs Titans which MAPPA had previously used CG for in the past. Gabi got some shine as did most of the alliance… and Annie is finally back even if she’s an awful character
Hello229 said:
Not nearly as fluid as Imai’s sequences. Better than any 3DMG MAPPA did prior tho.

I am sure Mappa has always done mindless titans in 2D, they use cg for titan shifters "and of course the wall titans". Not all titan shifters though, they didn't use cg for the Female titan and the Colossal titan which makes me look forward to seeing the Female titan again in 2D and Falco's Jaw titan.
Feb 13, 2022 8:49 AM
Mar 2019
KneelBeforeMe said:
Hello229 said:

Obviously, Imai is the goat, his cuts are something MAPPA could never fill the void of. Still, I feel like what we'd seen in this episode was easily comparable to Wit's (non-Imai) ODM cuts.
Feb 13, 2022 9:02 AM

Oct 2020
This ep was a very pleasant surprise honestly. I knew I would like it but they actually went above and beyond.
Feb 13, 2022 9:08 AM

Aug 2014
What I dont understand is why hasnt MAPPA released the episodes count for Season 4 part 2??? If its supposed to be 10-13 episodes, then they should release it today.
Feb 13, 2022 9:11 AM

Oct 2020
Weekly reminder for anime onlies, don't let the manga ending hating delulus sway you into their perverted interpretation of the upcoming episodes.
Feb 13, 2022 9:14 AM
Jul 2021
ooo333 said:
What I dont understand is why hasnt MAPPA released the episodes count for Season 4 part 2??? If its supposed to be 10-13 episodes, then they should release it today.

It's gonna be 12 episodes , they have an event at 27th of March when the 12th and the final episode of the part will be broadcasted.
MyPaths9Feb 13, 2022 9:19 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2022 9:15 AM

Nov 2020
Well, that was a surprise, elevated the source material for the most part, great episode overall.

I see people arguing about the odm scenes, ofc it wasn't like Imai or Ebara cuts but it was better than most of Wit's season 3 odm cuts imho.
Feb 13, 2022 9:17 AM

Oct 2013
Woah I see some folks are triggered that persons here said it felt like wit animation and overall feels and I also agree, it felt like I was watching season 1 and 2, it was very nostalgia and the animation was pretty decent and the best 3d gear animation Mappa has ever done for snk and I will go as far as say it is comparable to some of wit studio regular 3d scenes, not the top notch ones that are save up for important episodes, but I think it is worth the praise because they could have been lazy and gave us final season part 1 episode 6 stiff cgi 3d scenes, but they didn't, so I think it is worth the praise.

This episode was far better than I was expecting.

easy 10/10.
Feb 13, 2022 9:18 AM

Aug 2014

Then they should just do 10 episodes for Season 4 part 2, and 10 episodes for season 4 part 3 in Fall 2022, and finish.

20 episodes should cover the 23 chapters.
Feb 13, 2022 9:23 AM

Oct 2018
YOOO 2D titans and sakugaaa ODM gear action, feels like wit yeah yeah
Feb 13, 2022 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
After all these years, Annie is back. Feels weird, but i'm also beyond excited.
Feb 13, 2022 9:59 AM
Feb 2022
HELL YEAH, ANNIE IS BACK!!! I MISSED HER A LOT
Feb 13, 2022 10:11 AM

May 2015
Imagine being Annie right now, what a state of shock.
Feb 13, 2022 10:11 AM

Jul 2016
Is that Barricades OST I have heard (๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง, what a callback from season 2, also a flash of Sasha saving Kaya o(โ•ฅ๏นโ•ฅ)o damn feels good remembering the previous seasons. Gabi redemption arc Salute!. Reiner getting a deserved rest. (*´ะด๏ฝ€*) Annie after 8 years your back in the anime.

Seems like where not yet getting backstory, events before liberio attack. Looking forward to the next episode "sunset".
Feb 13, 2022 10:20 AM

Jan 2021
Man watching this episode felt like I was watching an episode from the previous seasons it’s been a while since everyone’s joined together to defeat all the mindless titans and finally Anne is out of that Crystal it’s been too long and seeing commander Piexs titan was a sad moment
Feb 13, 2022 10:22 AM
Jul 2014
the animation was INSANE and fucking barricades playing was so sick holy shit
Feb 13, 2022 10:22 AM
Aug 2021
Jean Boy getting more scene time
Feb 13, 2022 10:23 AM
Jul 2021
Masterpiece as always 10/10.
Everything was so perfect.
especially the part where they fight the pure titans with barricades playing in the background, it was so fucking hype.
Hdse1211Feb 13, 2022 10:27 AM
Feb 13, 2022 10:23 AM
Aug 2020
FINALLY A NEW SONG!!! and with the 3D maneuver gear fighting mindless titans gives me a nostalgic vibes
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

551 by aaltairs »»
Sep 14, 6:11 PM

» Does AoT have the most toxic fandom? ( 1 2 3 )

unpredictablech_ - Mar 1, 2022

108 by Zayar2005 »»
Aug 30, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

431 by kfk »»
Aug 29, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

302 by flokigoat »»
Aug 25, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Who suffered the most? (2nd one)(manga readers)

ViViD_AI - Feb 2, 2022

30 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 22, 10:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.