Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2022 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, the words in this chapter were something else.

In awe of the elegant organisms!
Feb 6, 2022 7:09 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Oh, so when Senku said that WhyMan had been with them all this time, I didn't think he was referring to the Medusas themselves being mechanical organisms. I was way off so color me surprised, though somehow this doesn't explain how they came to be in the first place. I suppose this is where the science fiction aspect will come into place then.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 6, 2022 7:16 AM

Oct 2017
The medusas were whyman all along, okay I never saw this coming and yeah we proly won't get to know where/how they came to be.
Feb 6, 2022 7:24 AM

Nov 2019
The Medusas being Why Man was the last thing who i expected him to be, what an unexpected development.
Everyone could use some One Piece in their life.
Feb 6, 2022 7:30 AM

Jun 2020
Didn't see that coming. Hopefully we'll get info on how they came to be, and why they were on the moon in the first place.
Feb 6, 2022 7:53 AM
Oct 2021
Uh, why-man's identity left more why then we ever had
1) Why were they on moon
2) Why and how did they send so many medusa on Earth
3) Why did they do the petrification "test" on the swallows
4) Why and how do they even exist!!?
5) Why did they petrify humans?
6) Why did they choose senku's voice specifically to give orders and how do they even know senku's voice?
JSK_weebFeb 14, 2022 2:27 AM
Feb 6, 2022 8:05 AM

Apr 2020
Wow, this manga never fails to surprise me. That was totally unexpected. In this chapter a question was answered but it also gave us even more questions. Calling the petrification device Medusa before was genuis, ultimate foreshadowing right there by Inagaki-sensei.
Feb 6, 2022 8:12 AM

Aug 2020
i was so shocked,, i did not see that coming! i was definitely hoping whyman would be a person that we knew, but this is a great development that works with the series. i want to see more questions get answered T-T
Feb 6, 2022 8:39 AM
Oct 2016
The reveal of Why-man was definitely not what most expected but I think it needs more time to be appreciated
Feb 6, 2022 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
Wait...... uhh. Are the Medusas mechanical intelligent beings not from Earth? So the Medusa really are aliens! Aaaa, another 1-week long wait again. I want to know moree
Feb 6, 2022 8:43 AM

Jun 2015
It's not that unbelievable that "Why Man" was a bunch of medusas lumped together. But there's a lot of questions about their operation now
Feb 6, 2022 8:47 AM

May 2010
Not what I was expecting but I was close. What a great twist cant wait to see where this goes!
Feb 6, 2022 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
so technically, WhyMan is the medusa itself. then tell me, why didn't he "click" himself when one of the working medusa with them the whole time? he could easily triggered himself to pertrify Senku n co right?

or it need to be together as a whole to act like a living being?
Feb 6, 2022 9:27 AM

Mar 2020
Awesome chapter, I hope they get all the answers and so do we.
vr1997Feb 6, 2022 9:30 AM

Feb 6, 2022 10:29 AM

Feb 2019
So why man is the medusas, looks like that Reddit theory was correct. I’m guessing humanity was probably about to be on the verge of extinction which explains why they petrified humanity until a solution could be found. Still kinda wished it was alternate dimension stuff.
Feb 6, 2022 3:58 PM

Mar 2015
i really didn't expect the medusa it self is sentient being. WHOAH.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 6, 2022 5:29 PM
Mar 2015
the medusas are machine based
Feb 6, 2022 7:15 PM

Mar 2016
I have believed for the longest of time that the black certification beam wave that spreads from the activation of the medusas are some form of nanobots, thaat's why the light's expansion is constant as Senku has finessed before back at the treasure island. However... TO THINK THE MEDUSA DEVICE THEMSELVES TOO ARE LIVING MECHANICAL LIFEFORMS!!!

I was honestly thinking that another Senku was up there in the moon, or something along that line, but this took a turn for the unexpected, damn, well done. Whyman is Medusa, Medusa are living mechanical parasites, they wanted to live and they petrified mankind to usher in need to develop technology that would potentially be beneficial to the Whyman.

In that case, that explains why individuals with a properly working brain activity survived the past 3 millennia, the ones that are awoken first are ones with the most brilliant of minds, and with such an intelligence along with the incentive of being immortal as a reward, humanity would race to find a way to resuscitate and give life to all of the Whyman.

Now then... For some explanation in the next chapter!
Feb 6, 2022 7:34 PM

Oct 2016
I think most of us here expected Why-Man to be an AI or alien or something, but who the fuck would've thought they'd be the medusa themselves, what the fuck.
Feb 6, 2022 8:19 PM

Oct 2007
Really? thats the route we're going with? feels like the least interesting possible outcome tbh... all this time and buildup for... this? kinda lame tbh
Feb 6, 2022 8:29 PM

Jan 2009
whyman are the collective medusa devices they are machines that acts like parasites

nanomachines son? but they are not that small though

so it was the alien machine parasites all along as the cause of all of this
Feb 6, 2022 8:57 PM

Jan 2011
Now that was an eloquent reveal. Reminds me of Mass Effect a bit.
Feb 7, 2022 12:14 AM

Jan 2009
WhyMan more like WhyBot to be more exact
Feb 7, 2022 1:30 AM
Mar 2018
Wow! What a revelation, now we await for the why-man origin
Feb 7, 2022 1:54 PM
Dec 2008
Mind-fuck chapter. It seems that we are at the finish line.
Feb 9, 2022 1:12 AM

Oct 2013
I had many hunches about possible Why-man's identities... evil Senku from a parallel universe travelling in time; advanced AI; aliens... but I wouldn't think we would be getting something like mechanic organisms conjoined and acting like one huge parasite, haha.

This chapter has raised even more questions than answers it's provided as well (after all, we finally learned about Why-man's identity).

Can't wait to read ch. 229. It will surely answer a lot of questions, especially that one question that many of us want to know answer for: what is Why-man's origin and what is its endgame?
Feb 9, 2022 7:48 AM

Dec 2016
If you think about it, identity of Whyman sounds logical. If we would ever encounter aliens on our own "field" most likely it would be mechanical swarm.

but personally I don't understand their logic or at least Senku and Xeno conclusions, like how perficication of entire world is designed to better ourselves or help with their maintenance? because of perficication humanity had so many occasions to went extinct... it would be much easier to just say Hi, and explain situation.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 11, 2022 2:10 AM

Oct 2013
Nieznajomy43 said:
but personally I don't understand their logic or at least Senku and Xeno conclusions, like how perficication of entire world is designed to better ourselves or help with their maintenance? because of perficication humanity had so many occasions to went extinct... it would be much easier to just say Hi, and explain situation.

No matter whether the Earthlings or aliens have created Medusa devices, I guess they started to malfunction at some point. If their main goal was to help humanity by preserving its existence and/or make humans live longer due to regeneration aftereffects of petrification, then one simple error in understanding such command by the machine could've led to petrifying the whole human population of the Earth. Why? Well, what is better in completing the task of preserving human race and/or helping it by offering longer livespan? Immortality. What might offer immortality? Petrification beam. ;p
Feb 11, 2022 4:49 AM

Dec 2016
Adnash said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

No matter whether the Earthlings or aliens have created Medusa devices, I guess they started to malfunction at some point. If their main goal was to help humanity by preserving its existence and/or make humans live longer due to regeneration aftereffects of petrification, then one simple error in understanding such command by the machine could've led to petrifying the whole human population of the Earth. Why? Well, what is better in completing the task of preserving human race and/or helping it by offering longer livespan? Immortality. What might offer immortality? Petrification beam. ;p

Could be also something "lost in translation" (in Ender's Game style) because how humans work differently than Medusas, like we aren't able to communicate when we are petrified. Maybe they were thinking that we are "naturally" able to communicate through radio waves or at least we had technology to do that, similarly to them?
Maybe "LTE network"/"4G" were enough for them to think we are advanced enough?
And still lunar landing site was suspiciously close to Why-man, maybe something/humans on earth unintentionally triggered petrification of the world.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 17, 2022 10:14 PM

Sep 2010
So Why-Man is not a person but a mechanical organism. Didn't see that coming. I thought it was some super science genius wanting to own the world. I forgot this was sci-fi lol so aliens appearing is possible. Tho, I wonder how did they exist in the first place...
Feb 22, 2022 5:30 PM

Nov 2016
I like the concept of mecha parasites. At first I had to think of nanobots.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2022 8:20 PM

May 2020
Medusas' being the Why man all along, great reveal though still needs some kind of concrete explanation i suppose.
Mar 31, 2022 10:48 AM

Nov 2013
WOW, that was unexpected for sure! Hopefully we get detailed explanations!
Dec 3, 2022 9:26 AM

Mar 2016
I must admit, I am not satisfied with the Why-Man's identity. It kind of makes sense, but it's too much fantasy. Now, I love fantasy, but this manga talks so much about science that I was somehow expecting something less fantastic or sci-fi-ish. Since Why-Man is capable of speech, I wanted there to be a human or AI present somehow. Maybe someone who used the Medusa to be immortal?
Feb 9, 5:33 PM
Feb 2020
I...did not see that coming.
Mar 17, 9:00 AM

Feb 2020
So the person responsible for all this was... that's it? 😐

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 232 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ArtaRay - Mar 2, 2022

84 by Dragon456hon »»
Apr 26, 7:46 PM

» Volume 27 will be released on 4th April 2024

Adnash - Mar 28

3 by XGirl86 »»
Apr 15, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 231 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2022

23 by Nerdason »»
Mar 20, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 227 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2022

32 by Nerdason »»
Mar 16, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 224 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

21 by Nerdason »»
Mar 13, 6:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.