Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2022 11:59 AM

Jun 2015
Lots of original scenes in this episode
Jan 30, 2022 11:59 AM
Jan 2017
Just a reminder that its been 5 episodes straight and still continuing that the animation is still lit and wont be extinguished any time soon. Pour water on it, fire extinguisher heck even Water Breathing wont extinguish this shit. I dont suck dick, thats reserved for my top 10s but Im making an exception on behalf of the orgasms Im getting from the animation.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jan 30, 2022 12:01 PM

Jun 2019
Well I’m glad they at least performed the bait-and-switch by making it look like the protags are gonna lose (at least for now). The scene where Inosuke charged to decaptitate Daki was great, I am very much let down by the rest of the episode though.

More flashbacks and we even got the war movie cliche where a character says they should retire and start a family after it’s over. Tanjiro can still move because the plot says he needs to even though he has gone past his limit countless times. Also can’t forget about all the “anime time” where characters are frozen in place for minutes on end while the other characters think and do stuff.

I do not remember it being this bad in season 1.
Blue_MaroonJan 30, 2022 7:59 PM
Jan 30, 2022 12:15 PM
Jan 2021
He was 1 cm away from cutting his head 8n the last episode but not in this episode. What tf happened
Jan 30, 2022 12:20 PM

Mar 2021
For some reason i keep waiting for Nezuko to show up and steal the show once again XD (not a manga reader so i can hope hehe)

Everything was going good till the end. Uzui's hand? Chopped? Inosuke got stabbed? Zenitsu saved Tanjiro? TOO MUCH TO COMPREHEND! Please y'all stay safe xo
Jan 30, 2022 12:31 PM

Apr 2015
Every episode keeps topping the previous one, Never a dull moment. They're constantly dishing out god tier animation and soundtrack every episode. That cliffhangers has to be one of the most evil ones lol.
Jan 30, 2022 12:33 PM
Jun 2021
What the hell with the direction of this season. There's absolutely no enjoyment in any fight. Random flashbacks just keep coming up. Wtf? I don't give a fuck about any single character be it hashira or his wives. Can't you just fight silently. Poorly coordinated episode. Also tanjiro could you please shut the hell up like how zenitsu did. I wanna punch you face whenever i here those awful monologues
Jan 30, 2022 12:40 PM
Jun 2021
TheDegenerate said:
Man, the episode was underwhelming......

Also, one of the biggest moments of Plot-Armor is coming and the biggest bruh-moment in the anime.
I am not manga reader but let me guess. Inosuke is alive and so is uzui. Tanjiro will still be lost in his eternal monologues like a stupid fucker.
Jan 30, 2022 12:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
First episode I'm not too crazy about. Feels like they used up way to much time to convey what they did. Shorten the fight already, I don't need to hear that much fighting dialogue (yes I know it's what makes shounen, shounen, but you can afford to be economical).

I did like the scene with Uzui and his wives. Had a sweet pastoral feel to it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 30, 2022 1:10 PM

Dec 2014
Crazy episode.

Inosuke was the man this episode. His comments in the middle of the fights may feel jarring but I still find them amusing and funny at times.

Inosuke’s charge supported by Tanjiro and Zenitsu was awesome. His plan to just take Daki’s head and just run around with it was hilarious. I thought things were finally looking up for our group until it wasn’t. ;(

Inosuke being impaled was quite shocking and Uzui’s lost an arm. Zenitsu is in trouble and Tanjiro barely has any strength left to fight. The situation is even worse than when it started.

I’m very curious as to how the story will proceed now.
Jan 30, 2022 1:22 PM
Dec 2019
From the title I though they would beat the Upper Six but instead it looks like they lost. Inosuke was really brave to just charge in without any defence but he managed to do it. Tengen lost his hand so I'm sure now he is probably a lot weaker than before. I liked when Tanjiro combined the water breathing and the Hinokami Kagura.
Jan 30, 2022 1:23 PM
Dec 2019
From the title I though they would beat the Upper Six but instead it looks like they lost. Inosuke was really brave to just charge in without any defense but he managed to do it. Tengen lost his hand so I'm sure now he is probably a lot weaker than before. I liked when Tanjiro combined the water breathing and the Hinokami Kagura.
Jan 30, 2022 1:27 PM
Jun 2021
Bruh thus episode lasted 3 minutes ON GOD
Jan 30, 2022 1:35 PM
Nov 2019
Peak episode, although how I'm supposed to wait a whole week for the next episode when they left us with that cliffhanger.
Jan 30, 2022 1:40 PM

Mar 2015
what is zenitsu's snot bubble made of and why it doesn't pop for like 3 episodes already?
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jan 30, 2022 1:47 PM

Mar 2017
That was so epic and I was cheering and getting hype af… and then that ending! Things went south real fast! That scene with the trio fighting together was breathtaking though 🤩

This ep made me realise just how tough it is to be a Demon Slayer because the trio are so talented and strong and then you’ve got Uzui who’s skill is just mind blowing… and it’s still not enough!
Jan 30, 2022 1:47 PM
May 2021
ufotable with another week of movie quality animation and insane fights.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jan 30, 2022 1:51 PM
May 2020
Shaghaf said:
TheDegenerate said:
Man, the episode was underwhelming......

Also, one of the biggest moments of Plot-Armor is coming and the biggest bruh-moment in the anime.
I am not manga reader but let me guess. Inosuke is alive and so is uzui. Tanjiro will still be lost in his eternal monologues like a stupid fucker.

Yes, you are indeed correct:/
Well..

Jan 30, 2022 2:02 PM

May 2016
This pure epicness and enjoyable fighting, next episode gonna be the deciding episode.
Jan 30, 2022 2:02 PM

Sep 2020
Really good episode, Gyutaro proves to be really fucking strong. I do think that the pacing is a bit too slow and at this point.

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Jan 30, 2022 2:06 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Daer God, the situation feel so suffocating, they even made it look like the team used every trump card there is, it's like they've run out of options and it's only getting worse from here.
Jan 30, 2022 2:15 PM

Aug 2021
We'll see how the author deal with these events now.

The way Inosuke and his comrades defeated Daki and cut off her head was exaggerated. Tanjirou just nearly died in front of her, and now suddenly they cut off her head easily. She suddenly became weak... The balance of power is being manipulated...

Jan 30, 2022 2:28 PM
Mar 2021
What do you think of the cliffhangers from the last 2 episodes?

Do you like this tension or do you not like to wait a week after such a scene?
Jan 30, 2022 2:29 PM
Mar 2021
Hey Guys,
what do you think of the cliffhangers from the last 2 episodes?
Do you like this tension or do you not like to wait a week after such a scene?
Jan 30, 2022 2:32 PM
Dec 2020
wow... one of the fighting scene
animation 5/5
sound 5/5
boob 4/5

Jan 30, 2022 3:03 PM

Jun 2020
it's been so long the only scene i remember reading in this arc was inosuke getting stabbed and damn it still makes me feel like tearing up :( the scene with tanjiro and zenitsu defending him beforehand was really awesome
Jan 30, 2022 3:25 PM
Jan 2022
What a scary decapitation scene.
Is Inosuke ISIL? lol
Jan 30, 2022 3:38 PM
Oct 2019
are you kidding me, the title was misleading "Defeating an Upper Rank Demon"

in fact they are got defeated not the demon... lmao

Tengen losing one arm? wtf
another nasty cliffhanger...
Jan 30, 2022 3:44 PM

Jan 2020
so slow... long dialogues... and these 3d animations and background are weird, could be better imo
Jan 30, 2022 3:45 PM

Apr 2017
they have absolutely no right to pull a cliffhanger like this one T-T.
inosuke is popping off lately, you love to see it.
Jan 30, 2022 3:47 PM

Jul 2013
I love the flashback of tender moments between Uzui and his wives!

The fight scenes are so so good.
Jan 30, 2022 3:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, the title actually a wish from one of Tengen wive. They really got me hard there xd. Honestly, if some miracle comes down from the heaven and decided to answer her pray, Tengen-sama really need to consider himself a retirement from demon slayer job and flashy ninja way of lifes, then lives peacefully with your harem. Because, well that's ended not well to them, even Tengen couldn't hold the ground anymore and forced to give up his hand to be cut off. At least the trio shounen tried their ass so freakin hard to behead the sister, its succeeded. But, its still not enough to beat the upper demon siblings.

Don't give up sounds good as possibly the last episode to conclude everything all from their fight. Idk if the miracle like hashira reinforcement or some other flashy shit turn-table scene really help them out of those dang problem. However, one thing i wanna tell here, man, Tengen Uzui breathing form so far is the best from other form. A simple flashy with those fireworks...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 30, 2022 4:09 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wow man, I guess I was right to assume the fight wouldn’t end this week lol, but it was an excellent episode, I loved the flashbacks of Uzui and his wives, always love to see more of them, and I especially loved our main boys fighting together, such a good moment.

It’s a shame it had to end with that insane cliffhanger, but next week will be here before we know it, and I’m sure it’ll be an amazing episode. Right now I’m just really hoping that wasn’t the last we see of Inosuke!
Jan 30, 2022 4:10 PM

Aug 2020
What a beautiful animation. Very good episode.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 30, 2022 4:13 PM

Feb 2008
All I read in this thread are manga fanboys being mad at an adaptation. Jesus, did they come from Titans season 1 threads? Can't believe the Kimetsu fandom is as bad as the Titans one. I guess some things never change.

Also, I don't fucking care about the meeting. Stop spoiling me. There was no meeting spoiler in the opening nor in the ending, so stop talking about it. Moderators? Please? Delete some posts? I already got spoiled but this is beyond fucking annoying.

Also, the reviews that get upvoted when I scroll down the anime page... jesus christ. What a hellhole.

As for the episode, excellent episode, sundays have never been better. I just hope Uzui doesn't die. And Inosuke being poisoned but also stabbed in the back... well, time for some plot armor, huh. Fantastic animation as always. Cliffhangers this week have been very annoying.

"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jan 30, 2022 4:24 PM
Nov 2017
I would say if the monologues were said calmly, instead of them shouting every single thing at the top of their lungs, there would'nt be so much complaints about them. Also, the anime original scenes are very out of place, they made it way to clear that they are for filler purposes, why cant they just do things like season 1? is it because the later arcs, are all heavily focused on fight scenes that there is too little content?
Jan 30, 2022 4:36 PM

Feb 2017
All the manga readers hating on pacing, manga panels being more detailed (it aniamtion FFS obviously... less details = more animation friendly designs).

As an anime only I LOVED the episode
Jan 30, 2022 4:41 PM
Jul 2016
Honestly how many 'almost' deaths of the demons and slayers do we have to see... its lost its impact long ago. Theres so much this episode needs you to overlook to be able to enjoy it. Im not surprised if they all end up alive, all as in uzui cause the boys arent ever dying, there's too much plot armor to think otherwise.

Also its like everyone's nerfed for the sake of this showdown. Before Tanjiro had to go super saiyin to cut down the cloth demon down and keep up with the tentacles, now they're just banter. Demon brother was impossible to keep up with now sometimes u can sometimes u cant.

They made it seem that these upper ranks demon advantage is that they can fight forever without tiring which is why Kyojuro Rengoku died fighting that upper rank. Whereas now, they all injured beyond shit but they are still keeping up with unlimited stamina+regen upper rank demons???????? Itd make sense if they didn't draw this fight out soooooo long. Those extra *pushes* would be short lived but impactful, whereas now its just like for theatrics.

....Also... /nerf Nezuko
Jan 30, 2022 4:51 PM

Mar 2019
Jan 30, 2022 4:57 PM

Jul 2013
If I would take a shot everytime Tanjiro says "UGOKEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" in his inner monologues during a fight my liver would be in the afterlfe.
Jan 30, 2022 5:02 PM

Aug 2017
these cliff hangers are going to drive me insane... if Inosuke is stabbed through the chest + poisoned, the hashira has no hand and is fked up by the poison, and Tanjiro is realistically barely even able to do anything at all (including moving) and Zenitsu, even though he's fast as fuck, i don't see how they get out of this without some good old rage or sacrifice scene
Jan 30, 2022 5:07 PM

Sep 2020
team work and art was AMAZING
but the last scene...
cant wait to see the next episode
and i guess they said last episode will be 45m:xxxxx
Jan 30, 2022 5:10 PM

Apr 2008
Please can Zenitsu be asleep every time he is on screen?
Jan 30, 2022 5:30 PM

Dec 2016
Another cliffhanger... great :/ Inosuke and Uzui are in critical condition and I'm already feeling for the worse. The fight is getting insane each new episode! The anxiety is great in this episode ;_;

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 30, 2022 5:31 PM
Mar 2021
Ngl I was a little underwhelmed. The flashbacks really took be out of it. It was a big tonal whiplash.
Jan 30, 2022 5:35 PM
Dec 2021
Gonna keep it straight :
Pros :
1. Good animation
2. Great cliffhanger

Cons
1.Pretty bad pacing
2.Super repetitive action scenes ( ribbon cutting scene )
3.Bad usage of slow motion.
4.Unnecessary flashbacks and too much monologues.
6/10
Jan 30, 2022 5:46 PM

Mar 2016
i'm sure going to mind you, do you hear me?

HAHHAHA I WAS DYING THAT GUY GYUUTAROU IS HILARIOUS

loved this episode <3
strawberaetaeJan 30, 2022 6:08 PM

Jan 30, 2022 6:07 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit they killed 2 in one episode damn
Jan 30, 2022 6:33 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Episode title: "Defeating an upper rank demon"

The episode: Upper rank demon destroys everybody

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 30, 2022 6:34 PM
Aug 2020
Aug.. Hello..? Are you guys alive? When's the last time y'all saw your families?

That was the level of movie rather than a single tv series episode. God damn. I personally am not a fan of demon slayer, but this episode entertained me visually, and orthotactically.

That three mains vs Daki was really cool to watch, and damn Zenitsu, you've been hiding your voice the whole time? Lets keep you slept for the rest of the series.

Wonder what's going to happen to Inosuke and Uzui. Gyuutarou sure is very strong.

Overall great episode with amazing visual and sound tracks.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

455 by prodigy_ck »»
May 5, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

186 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.