Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2022 6:06 AM

Dec 2020
On episode 2 of season 1, it's established by the show that demon is weak against sunlight, even a slight amount of sunlight in the morning was strong enough to kill a demon, BUT how did Nezuko survive from sunlight in episode 1 of season 1? Is it because of the snowy day and there was a lot of cloud in the sky? But as far as i know up to 80 percent of UV rays burn right through the clouds, so it doesn't matter whether it was a snowy day or not, and there was enough sunlight to form a shadow on that day, she should have been roasted... Well actually a little burn on her face should be enough, but no she was completely fine lol.

It's definitely a plot hole in my book, it's inconsistent and there is no explaination either. But what about you guys? Do you think it's a plot hole?.

Mod Edit: Thread has been cleaned
KarinaraMar 4, 2022 4:17 AM
Jan 25, 2022 6:14 AM
May 2021
This gets explained in the manga in a later chapter. It’s not a plot hole, and great observation!
Jan 25, 2022 6:17 AM

May 2021
That's definitely a great point. When its THIS blatant, I would have to say its foreshadowing to Nezuko being different from your average demon rather than it being a plot hole.

Jan 25, 2022 6:20 AM
Jan 2021
kaylabreallen said:
This gets explained in the manga in a later chapter. It’s not a plot hole, and great observation!
Well, if we r going that deep I would like add that DS verse is based on olden time when Ozone layer was in a much much much better condition compared to now. Snow also helped.
Jan 25, 2022 6:21 AM

Jul 2020
If I explain then it will go into major spoiler territory.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 25, 2022 6:23 AM

Jul 2021
It was a foreshadowing. You'll understand when the manga gets animated
Check out SNAFU
Jan 25, 2022 6:25 AM
Jan 2022
Tower_Of_Trash said:
On episode 2 of season 1, it's established by the show that demon is weak against sunlight, even a slight amount of sunlight in the morning was strong enough to kill a demon, BUT how did Nezuko survive from sunlight in episode 1 of season 1? Is it because of the snowy day and there was a lot of cloud in the sky? But as far as i know up to 80 percent of UV rays burn right through the clouds, so it doesn't matter whether it was a snowy day or not, and there was enough sunlight to form a shadow on that day, she should have been roasted... Well actually a little burn on her face should be enough, but no she was completely fine lol.

It's definitely a plot hole in my book, it's inconsistent and there is no explaination either. But what about you guys? Do you think it's a plot hole?.

Not a plot hole, but foreshadowing :)
Jan 25, 2022 6:26 AM

Jul 2015
No.
Just because it was not explained YET, it doesn't mean that it's a plot hole.
We already know, that Nezuko is one of a kind for being able to singlehandedly resist Muzan's influence right after her conversion, with Tamaoyo being the only other.
There must be a reason why Muzan went out to kill Kamado family in person, instead of sending his underlings as he usually does. Explaining this further would go into spoiler territory.

Also, you can make an argument, that indirect sunlight obstructed by clouds significantly diminishes it's negative effects on demons.

Jan 25, 2022 6:34 AM

Oct 2021
It’s like asking why asta got 5 clover Grimore out of nowhere, which was explained later in the story . So yeah it will be explained later if u are an anime watcher u need to wait till season 3 end
Jan 25, 2022 6:41 AM

Jan 2015
Nice catch. You’ll get your answer next season
Jan 25, 2022 6:48 AM
Jul 2021
It is actually very important for foreshadowing future events. It is not a plot hole, I can tell you that as a manga reader.
Jan 25, 2022 7:25 AM

Dec 2020
Piromysl said:
No.
We already know, that Nezuko is one of a kind for being able to singlehandedly resist Muzan's influence right after her conversion, with Tamaoyo being the only other.
There must be a reason why Muzan went out to kill Kamado family in person, instead of sending his underlings as he usually does. Explaining this further would go into spoiler territory.

Also, you can make an argument, that indirect sunlight obstructed by clouds significantly diminishes it's negative effects on demons.
i agree about that, we can't just call it a plot hole just because it's unexplained at the moment, but it also has inconsistency in it, thats why i count it as a plot hole, but i changed my mind after seeing many replies saying it will be explained later.

And that argument, if clouds were able to protect demons just like nezuko did in episode 1, then we should've seen or heard about demons roaming and killing people at day time, but so far every demon we encoutered was hunting at night time.
Jan 25, 2022 7:34 AM
May 2021
You’ll have your answer relatively soon. Not this season tho. So let it be a plot hole for now…
Jan 25, 2022 7:37 AM

Jul 2015
Tower_Of_Trash said:
Piromysl said:
No.

i agree about that, we can't just call it a plot hole just because it's unexplained at the moment, but it also has inconsistency in it, thats why i count it as a plot hole, but i changed my mind after seeing many replies saying it will be explained later.

And that argument, if clouds were able to protect demons just like nezuko did in episode 1, then we should've seen or heard about demons roaming and killing people at day time, but so far every demon we encoutered was hunting at night time.

No. Something being foreshadowed and yet to be explained is not a plot hole, period.

And Average Joe does not even know about Demon's existence just like Demon Slayer Corps are not officially recognized by the government, because if they would run rampant and more open about their activity, government would actually get involved and launch an all out war. There is a good reason why Demons preferer to infiltrate human society and keep low profile instead of just seize the power, which would be effortless.

Jan 25, 2022 7:38 AM
Apr 2021
Manga readers, please spoil me (ofc with spoiler mark). I’ve been spoiled about (more or less) everything from the kny fandom, atp drop even irrelevant spoilers if needed :)
Jan 25, 2022 7:46 AM

Jul 2020
Xshake said:
It’s like asking why asta got 5 clover Grimore out of nowhere, which was explained later in the story . So yeah it will be explained later if u are an anime watcher u need to wait till season 3 end

Fr, nowadays Anime fans seem to have low attention span which they don't have the patience to wait for answers.
An_Je942 said:
Manga readers, please spoil me (ofc with spoiler mark). I’ve been spoiled about (more or less) everything from the kny fandom, atp drop even irrelevant spoilers if needed :)

You know you could just search for them instead of asking right?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 25, 2022 7:53 AM

Dec 2020
Piromysl said:
Tower_Of_Trash said:

No. Something being foreshadowed and yet to be explained is not a plot hole, period.
i agree about that, we can't just call it a plot hole just because it's unexplained at the moment, but it also has inconsistency in it, thats why i count it as a plot hole

And Average Joe does not even know about Demon's existence just like Demon Slayer Corps are not officially recognized by the government, because if they would run rampant and more open about their activity, government would actually get involved and launch an all out war. There is a good reason why Demons preferer to infiltrate human society and keep low profile instead of just seize the power, which would be effortless.
Fair enough, makes sense.
Jan 25, 2022 9:11 AM

May 2021
aka_panda said:
RioFS said:
That's definitely a great point. When its THIS blatant, I would have to say its foreshadowing to Nezuko being different from your average demon rather than it being a plot hole.

But why was nezuko different ? That was never really explained
Their bloodline wasn't anything special.
And no, doing sun breathing cannot change your genetic structure. It doesn't work like that.

'The Chosen One' or something, idk. I'm an anime-only.
If I had to make a guess, Muzan probably committed a mistake or something, resulting in Nezuko.

Jan 25, 2022 9:15 AM

Aug 2020
It's not a plot hole. But I don't know how many years it will take the anime to get up to the point where they explain it.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Jan 25, 2022 9:35 AM

May 2021
aka_panda said:
RioFS said:

If I had to make a guess, Muzan probably committed a mistake or something, resulting in Nezuko.

I am a manga reader
It was never explained

It might be personal bias but I really really really loathe the "choosen one" troupe in shonen

The manga is finished, right? A plot hole it is, then.
The 'chosen one' troupe can be good, only if it's executed right, as in the Prequels.

Jan 25, 2022 10:05 AM

Aug 2020
while I've commented in several other threads about plot holes/armour (more so armour), I do think this has to be too blatant of a point to be a plot hole, if it's actually not explained later that would be pretty shit, I'd guess its something to do with the reason nezuko is different in the first place
Call me Ren
Jan 25, 2022 10:09 AM

Dec 2020
OOO nice observation actually, i thought of that before but brushed it off with the thought that clouds protected her

with what the replies here are saying im definitely excited for that to get explained
Jan 25, 2022 10:39 AM
May 2020
It's not a plot hole man. You will get your answer as the series progresses
Jan 25, 2022 12:14 PM
Feb 2021
It’s foreshadowing, but amazing observation with the show.
Jan 25, 2022 12:50 PM
Jun 2021
Okay... I'm saying this from an Anime only perspective.. Giyu who's an expert at killing demons.. I mean he's a Hashira for God's sake... He said that it was because of the cloud so from the perspective I'd say that it's very clearly explained but still quiet confusing
Jan 25, 2022 12:58 PM
Nov 2016
Tower_Of_Trash said:

Well shit, now that you mention it, you're totally right, I totally forgot that it was Daylight in the very first episode and Nezuko didn't die, I can't believe how something as obvious as that never crossed my mind till now.

I did finish the manga and it gets explained later on (somewhat...) but for now let's just say that Nezuko is just... special, she's a main character so for plot's sake, she has to be special... right?

For now let's leave it like that but yeah, great observation from your part mate.
Jan 25, 2022 1:07 PM

May 2021
aka_panda said:
RioFS said:

I am a manga reader
It was never explained

It might be personal bias but I really really really loathe the "choosen one" troupe in shonen
I’m an anime only but I do know quite a lot of spoilers unfortunately, including the one everyone here is talking about. The answer to this question is very much explained, so I don’t get why you’re saying it isn’t.

Also, for the OP: Even disregarding the reasoning for it, clouds absorb and scatter light. So in this instance she wasn’t under direct sunlight. You’re also making an appeal to reality assuming that the mechanics of our world should perfectly translate to this world. It’s like arguing “well technically the moon’s light is just a reflection of sunlight therefore demons should all he burned to death by the moon too!!!” or that “The nichirin blades absorb sunlight so any reflection of light coming off of the blade and hitting a demon should instantly kill it!!!” When that clearly isn’t how it works in this world. Sunlight to some degree is ALWAYS present in the world, even throughout the night. It’s clear that being in direct contact with sunlight while the sun is visible in the sky, AKA being seen by the Sun God - since this anime very much validates the existence of the shinto gods - is what kills demons.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Jan 25, 2022 3:12 PM
Sep 2021
I think it was a great observation, but I just love the fact that almost everyone commenting has already seen the Manga, and doesn't give spoilers. I wish to all of u a very happy Anime/Manga year. 😃🎉
Jan 25, 2022 5:04 PM
Jul 2021
Tower_Of_Trash said:

gets explained but very poorly
But it's the case of whole world in kny
Rather than working on some defined rules it works on plot conveniences
Jan 25, 2022 5:56 PM
Aug 2016
Today is a day I don't spoil a good anime
Jan 25, 2022 6:51 PM
Mar 2021
Great observation! it’s not a plot hole it will get explained in the next seasons of demon slayer!
Jan 25, 2022 7:50 PM

May 2021
aka_panda said:
MikitoList said:
I’m an anime only but I do know quite a lot of spoilers unfortunately, including the one everyone here is talking about. The answer to this question is very much explained, so I don’t get why you’re saying it isn’t.

Also, for the OP: Even disregarding the reasoning for it, clouds absorb and scatter light. So in this instance she wasn’t under direct sunlight. You’re also making an appeal to reality assuming that the mechanics of our world should perfectly translate to this world. It’s like arguing “well technically the moon’s light is just a reflection of sunlight therefore demons should all he burned to death by the moon too!!!” or that “The nichirin blades absorb sunlight so any reflection of light coming off of the blade and hitting a demon should instantly kill it!!!” When that clearly isn’t how it works in this world. Sunlight to some degree is ALWAYS present in the world, even throughout the night. It’s clear that being in direct contact with sunlight while the sun is visible in the sky, AKA being seen by the Sun God - since this anime very much validates the existence of the shinto gods - is what kills demons.

There is not
Wth you talkin about ?
It was never shown in manga why nezuko or tanjiro were special.

Nezuko had good potential to be a powerful demon cuz...... plot.
If there is anything more then tell me.

And no, their ancestor learning sun breathing did not change or improved their bloodline or genetics. Genetic change cannot happen like that. Their bloodline is as normal as it can get.

About your second comment its so much of a stretch it puts luffy to shame. Demons are unaffected in moonlight (while its technically sunlight) cuz its not directly sunlight. Its intensity is much lesser & the heat energy of the sun is absorbed by the moon and thus it cannot bring pain to the demons. Nichirin blades only work cuz they absorb sunlight somehow. And that knock-off hamon aka sun breathing also burns demon cuz it is energy of the sun ig ?

There are gods but they are only to give judgement in afterlife. All killings are done by humans & demons only. I know headcanons are a thing but what in the goddamn world was that
The reason literally IS their ancestry. You can't just see that fact and explanation and then arbitrarily decide that it's not the explanation..? Much like how Giyuu said Nezuko would be fine because of the clouds. That's literally the explanation for it.

Is English not your first language? Because you don't seem to be understanding what I said and why I said it. "Demons are unaffected in moonlight (while its technically sunlight) cuz its not directly sunlight. Its intensity is much lesser & the heat energy of the sun is absorbed by the moon and thus it cannot bring pain to the demons." - thanks for reiterating the point I already made..? I don't know how anything I said was a stretch. The moon absorbing and reflecting sunlight is the same as the storm clouds absorbing and scattering sunlight, both of which decrease the intensity - which is why demons don't die even though they are technically touching sunlight in both instances, because it's not direct sunlight. So what I said was a stretch, but then you're agreeing with it? That's really odd.

"All killings are done by humans & demons only." - First of all, the SUN kills demons, so that's not true. Second, Hinokami = Sun God. Hinokami Kagura = Dance of the Sun God. Even though the "Sun God" is canonically a real thing in this world, I was speaking of the "Sun God" metaphorically. Being visible in the "eyes of the sun" is what kills demons, AKA direct sunlight, hence why they don't die to moonlight or while existing literally anywhere on Earth. This isn't a headcanon, it's the logical explanation set up by the lore of the world.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Jan 25, 2022 9:54 PM

May 2021
aka_panda said:
MikitoList said:
The reason literally IS their ancestry. You can't just see that fact and explanation and then arbitrarily decide that it's not the explanation..? Much like how Giyuu said Nezuko would be fine because of the clouds. That's literally the explanation for it.

Is English not your first language? Because you don't seem to be understanding what I said and why I said it. "Demons are unaffected in moonlight (while its technically sunlight) cuz its not directly sunlight. Its intensity is much lesser & the heat energy of the sun is absorbed by the moon and thus it cannot bring pain to the demons." - thanks for reiterating the point I already made..? I don't know how anything I said was a stretch. The moon absorbing and reflecting sunlight is the same as the storm clouds absorbing and scattering sunlight, both of which decrease the intensity - which is why demons don't die even though they are technically touching sunlight in both instances, because it's not direct sunlight. So what I said was a stretch, but then you're agreeing with it? That's really odd.

"All killings are done by humans & demons only." - First of all, the SUN kills demons, so that's not true. Second, Hinokami = Sun God. Hinokami Kagura = Dance of the Sun God. Even though the "Sun God" is canonically a real thing in this world, I was speaking of the "Sun God" metaphorically. Being visible in the "eyes of the sun" is what kills demons, AKA direct sunlight, hence why they don't die to moonlight or while existing literally anywhere on Earth. This isn't a headcanon, it's the logical explanation set up by the lore of the world.

I was askin why their ancestry is special ? That was never explained. They are not some descendants of the creator of sun breathing. The first one to use sun breathing in tanjiro's bloodline was just a normal human, there was nothing special about him. It was never explained and you are not answering shit either. Why is their bloodline special ? How can a random ancestry be this much special huh ? You are the one who is not answering questions and is doing movements in air.

I was calling a stretch because you equated demons dying in the sun to the the shinto gods thats.

What the hell do you mean by that a sun god canonically exists ? How even a person be so incorrect yet still have the gall to say shit like this ?

The sun breathing was taught to tanjiro's ancestor by the man appearing in daki's vision. After generations it grew into a tradition and it was named after the sun god. It has no relations to a god or anything. Sun god either refers to the sun itself or that red haired man (even tanjiro's ancestor described his breathing moves as beautiful dance moves). So the sun god is not technically a god but just the man in daki's vision.

Goodness you only know your shit half correct and are babbling on & on.

Is english your 3rd language ? It seems you were not able to understand my statements. I said that only humans kill demon as a reply to your incorrect statement of shinto gods killing demons. Shinto gods only send em to heaven or hell. The killings are done by humans with nichirin blades or technically the sun

Wait. You have not even read the manga. You just know some details but still you are going on & on with me who has read the manga and knows everything about the "actual" lore instead of a headcanon of shinto gods. Good heavens. I cannot make this shit up.
I mean exactly what I said by that the Sun God canonically exists: "Our family works with fire, so to ward of injuries and disasters, we offer this dance to Hinokami-sama, along with our prayers, at the start of each year." S1:E19. They are of an ancestry that is blessed by the Sun God, which is what makes them special. That's literally the reason as to why
. The mangaka doesn't overly explain every minute detail because the logic of it all should be grasped via a very basic level of common sense.

"I was calling a stretch because you equated demons dying in the sun to the the shinto gods thats." Your sentence calling it a stretch literally started this paragraph:
aka_panda said:
About your second comment its so much of a stretch it puts luffy to shame. Demons are unaffected in moonlight (while its technically sunlight) cuz its not directly sunlight. Its intensity is much lesser & the heat energy of the sun is absorbed by the moon and thus it cannot bring pain to the demons. Nichirin blades only work cuz they absorb sunlight somehow. And that knock-off hamon aka sun breathing also burns demon cuz it is energy of the sun ig ?
If you can't structure your responses properly, don't complain to me that I'm interpreting your remarks incorrectly. Because the fact is, I'm not, you just don't know how to speak.

I literally never said shinto gods killed demons. I literally told you I was saying that as a metaphor - as in it's not literal. I don't know why you keep harping on that statement. You would've understood that if you had a better understanding of the language. The show itself has a shit ton of connections and allusions to shinto & buddhism, which is why I make those connections. And to be honest, you having read the manga means absolutely nothing to me. There's an absurd amount of people on this site who claim to have read the manga, yet continually ask questions about "unexplained" things that have always had an explanation. I'm sure the reason you think it's unexplained is because you simply don't understand the text. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now and we can come back to this in a few years when the anime ends, lmao.

BTW, you don't put spaces before a question mark, only after. "Hello?" not "Hello ?"
My Candies:

Bonus:
Jan 26, 2022 1:13 AM

May 2021
aka_panda said:

Yeah
Lookin back at it, it was preety stupid of me to deal with someone who refuses to listen to anything you say.
I really shouldn't hv argued over a fictional topic this much

Tch

Why’d you delete everything lol?
My Candies:

Bonus:
Jan 26, 2022 1:22 PM
Jun 2021
Tower_Of_Trash said:

First of all wait for a show to get over and then start complaining about the plotholes because it is good to make observations but you should wait until the end because as an anime only, I had faith that all these issues will be addressed in upcoming season/episodes
Jan 30, 2022 5:14 AM
Jan 2021
Tbf light from the moon is also sunlight thats just refoected from the moons surface so technically speaking demons shouldnt be able to survive even at night

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jan 16, 2022

263 by NadiaEros »»
Apr 6, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

454 by MursuTG »»
Mar 26, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

185 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.