Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Studio Ufotable Animated Demon Slayer Because Of Nasu Kinoko (Co-Founder of Type-Moon)

New
Apr 13, 2022 3:30 PM
Apr 2022
Nasu Kinoko who is the Co-Founder of Type-Moon is the reason Studio Ufotable decided to adapt Demon Slayer and thought it was natural. Nasu also talked about the appeal and Koyoharu Goutoge writing skills in a interview.
Both of the authors are really close friends and appreciate each other works.

Goutoge was also big fan of Fate/Stay Night and participated in the 15th anniversary and drew an illustration of Rin and Saber.

This isn't recent by any means, I just thought I would share since alot of people don't know this.

Edit: Also, he read many Shounen Jumps and talked about how great it has been, but it happen to be kimetsu which is his favorite that he recommended the most.

• In March 2018, is when the officials posted the recommendation from Nasu and thanked him as well (Pre-anime)

Sources:
https://twitter.com/kimetsu_off/status/969482625969631232?s=20&t=8HSUi9yk8cTBjC5Vt4grhw

https://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/201222x/3

https://mobile.twitter.com/fate15th/status/1207224305802547200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1207224305802547200%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-34983730492211893909.ampproject.net%2F2203172113000%2Fframe.html

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2019-08-28/interview-demon-slayer-producer-yuma-takahashi/.149177
TheCordAndTor86Apr 13, 2022 4:19 PM
Apr 13, 2022 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
lol they're a bad writer with bad taste
Apr 13, 2022 3:37 PM
Jan 2021
AwokenStroken said:

One piece fan tries not to say something stupid challenge
Apr 13, 2022 3:38 PM
Jul 2019
"Unique view of life and death"
Nah son.
I mean I enjoy demon slayer it's so much fun but there is not a single ounce of uniqueness in it (there doesn't have to be btw).
it's just solid shonen
Apr 13, 2022 3:39 PM
Apr 2022
Oremonogatari said:
AwokenStroken said:

I would rather hear from a distinguished writer rather than a couple of people from MaL has to say.
Apr 13, 2022 3:41 PM
Jan 2021
TheCordAndTor86 said:
Oremonogatari said:

I would rather hear from a distinguished writer rather than a couple of people from MaL has to say.

Huh? What are you even talking about?
Apr 13, 2022 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
Oremonogatari said:
AwokenStroken said:

Random dumb f*ck in forum tries not use my favorites as a way to defend his favorite animu challenge
removed-userApr 13, 2022 3:50 PM
Apr 13, 2022 3:42 PM
Apr 2022
WalterBlack59 said:
Nah son.
I mean I enjoy demon slayer it's so much fun but there is not a single ounce of uniqueness in it (there doesn't have to be btw).
it's just solid shonen

maybe they can see something that you may not realize, I would rather listen from a distinguished writer who is known for unique storytelling in Japan rather than whatever a couple of chunks has to say about the series to be honest.
Apr 13, 2022 3:45 PM
Jul 2019
TheCordAndTor86 said:
WalterBlack59 said:
Nah son.
it's just solid shonen

maybe they can see something that you may not realize, I would rather listen from a distinguished writer who is known for unique storytelling in Japan rather than whatever a couple of chunks has to say about the series to be honest.

I ain't takin shit from a bot account
Apr 13, 2022 3:51 PM
Jan 2021
AwokenStroken said:
Oremonogatari said:

Random dumb f*ck in forum tries not use my favorites as a way to defend his favorite animu challenge

You should at least know what my favourite anime is before making such a statement. Ironic you call me a “dumb f*ck” when you cant even figure that much out.
OremonogatariApr 13, 2022 3:55 PM
Apr 13, 2022 3:53 PM

Jan 2009
post a source if not this is fake news
Apr 13, 2022 3:53 PM

May 2021
AwokenStroken said:
Oremonogatari said:

Oh boy the irony..

Apr 13, 2022 3:58 PM
Apr 2022
WalterBlack59 said:
TheCordAndTor86 said:

it's fine if you don't want to accept it. there's sources if you don't believe me.
TheCordAndTor86Apr 13, 2022 4:06 PM
Apr 13, 2022 4:01 PM
Jul 2019
TheCordAndTor86 said:
WalterBlack59 said:

it's fine if you don't want to accept it. there's sources if you don't believe me.

sources for what?? You just made a subjective claim withouting stating any facts or information just delete your bot account ffs
Apr 13, 2022 4:04 PM
Apr 2022
WalterBlack59 said:
TheCordAndTor86 said:

sources for what?? You just made a subjective claim withouting stating any facts or information just delete your bot account ffs

I edited it and put sources I also just joined mal lol so it makes since you'll call me a bot not that it will change anything either way
Apr 13, 2022 4:36 PM
Jul 2019
TheCordAndTor86 said:
WalterBlack59 said:

I edited it and put sources I also just joined mal lol so it makes since you'll call me a bot not that it will change anything either way

I'm inside your walls
Apr 13, 2022 5:18 PM

May 2021
TheCordAndTor86 said:
WalterBlack59 said:

Turn the other way and run, lmao. This site is a cesspool of virgins and neanderthals. Though I’m sure you just learned that. 😶
My Candies:

Bonus:
Apr 13, 2022 6:39 PM
Feb 2022
Yeah and that's good (writting skills??? then why didn't he select Ex Arm???)

But still I can't Praise demon slayer, sorry
I will Praise ufotable because it's the only one worthy of praise here
Apr 13, 2022 7:30 PM
Aug 2021
MikitoList said:
TheCordAndTor86 said:

Turn the other way and run, lmao. This site is a cesspool of virgins and neanderthals. Though I’m sure you just learned that. 😶
true lol i only really use the website to see whats coming out soon but damn most people on here lack a brain
Apr 13, 2022 8:44 PM

May 2021
WalterBlack59 said:
You just made a subjective claim withouting stating any facts or information just delete your bot account ffs

How tf can a bot reply like that? And the sources have been posted, btw.

Apr 14, 2022 12:41 AM
Sep 2021
Alright poggers. Let’s just hope that after we’re done with demon slayer, ufotable will put their talent and money to good use and adapt something better. Ya know. Berserk or vagabond or 20th century boys or goodnight punpun. There are just so many better manga that need an adaptation or a remake . This studio has proved countless times that they can create masterpieces so it would just be a huge waste to not give a proper adaptation to at least one of the manga I mentioned. Now I’m not trying to trash on demon slayer but I don’t think we would disagree that berserk is far superior in terms of writing and that the only studio that can do justice to the manga and give it the adaptation that it so much deserves is ufotable
Apr 14, 2022 4:49 AM
Apr 2022
VeryGhoul said:
Alright poggers. Let’s just hope that after we’re done with demon slayer, ufotable will put their talent and money to good use and adapt something better. Ya know. Berserk or vagabond or 20th century boys or goodnight punpun. There are just so many better manga that need an adaptation or a remake . This studio has proved countless times that they can create masterpieces so it would just be a huge waste to not give a proper adaptation to at least one of the manga I mentioned. Now I’m not trying to trash on demon slayer but I don’t think we would disagree that berserk is far superior in terms of writing and that the only studio that can do justice to the manga and give it the adaptation that it so much deserves is ufotable

I feel like Berserk doesn't need an anime adaptation, no one will replicate Kentaro Miura greatness and it's already successful on it own that impacted alot of people and influenced alot of things, I'm not really a fan of Berserk because it's just to dark and gory for me but I see what it did for the industry. I don't know about the others though.

But yeah Studio Ufotable has always been a great Studio and treat their staff with care more than anything and pay more than 2 or 3 times that of an average Studio. Also demon slayer isn't even their best work, you should see Fate/Stay Night Heaven Feel 3 which is considered the best animation in anime history. I don't think anything comes close, but I'm waiting for Ufotable to surpass their limits.

TheCordAndTor86Apr 14, 2022 4:52 AM
Apr 14, 2022 5:00 AM
Jul 2018
Nice information. Demon Slayer manga wasn't that big of a seller at that time so it was obvious that there were some connections the author had with studio to get her manga adapted.
Apr 14, 2022 5:37 AM
Sep 2021
TheCordAndTor86 said:
VeryGhoul said:

I feel like Berserk doesn't need an anime adaptation, no one will replicate Kentaro Miura greatness and it's already successful on it own that impacted alot of people and influenced alot of things, I'm not really a fan of Berserk because it's just to dark and gory for me but I see what it did for the industry. I don't know about the others though.

But yeah Studio Ufotable has always been a great Studio and treat their staff with care more than anything and pay more than 2 or 3 times that of an average Studio. Also demon slayer isn't even their best work, you should see Fate/Stay Night Heaven Feel 3 which is considered the best animation in anime history. I don't think anything comes close, but I'm waiting for Ufotable to surpass their limits.

fate does indeed have the best animation. Even better than demon slayer I’d say. And if berserk can’t get an anime adaption, there still is vagabond. As I said there are too many good manga that need to be adapted and ufotable really is the best studio to do that. Honestly they may even be able to replicate Miuras god tier art. I just hope that ufotable will do justice to some of the insane manga that need adaptation/remake
Apr 14, 2022 9:38 AM
Jan 2021
HaiYai_Forces said:
Nice information. Demon Slayer manga wasn't that big of a seller at that time so it was obvious that there were some connections the author had with studio to get her manga adapted.

It sold 3 millions copies before anime, it was selling pretty well
Apr 14, 2022 3:31 PM

May 2021
Alasco2002 said:
HaiYai_Forces said:

Yeah, it was Top 50 in both 2017 & 2018 before the anime, so I don't know why people say it didn't sell well.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Apr 14, 2022 3:42 PM
Jan 2021
MikitoList said:
Alasco2002 said:

Yeah, it was Top 50 in both 2017 & 2018 before the anime, so I don't know why people say it didn't sell well.

They are just assuming it didn’t sell well cause they didn’t hear about the manga before the anime, they don’t look for sources before talking.
Apr 15, 2022 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
Alasco2002 said:
MikitoList said:

They are just assuming it didn’t sell well cause they didn’t hear about the manga before the anime, they don’t look for sources before talking.

According to Oricon,

Chainsaw Man manga had over 12 million copies in circulation as of December 2021 without the help of adaptation.

Spy X Family had about 12.5 million copies in circulation as of November 2021 without the help of the adaptation.

My point is Demon Slayer was not a huge seller as compared to other big manga which were publishing at that time. But after the adaptation, the sales skyrocketed. And now, it is one of the best selling manga in history.
Apr 15, 2022 4:40 AM
Jan 2021
HaiYai_Forces said:
Alasco2002 said:

According to Oricon,

Chainsaw Man manga had over 12 million copies in circulation as of December 2021 without the help of adaptation.

Spy X Family had about 12.5 million copies in circulation as of November 2021 without the help of the adaptation.

My point is Demon Slayer was not a huge seller as compared to other big manga which were publishing at that time. But after the adaptation, the sales skyrocketed. And now, it is one of the best selling manga in history.

Copies in circulation # copies sold get that right and csm, Spyxfamily are the exception, no other mangas has been selling this much without an anime adaptation. And you know why? Because demon slayer sales actually boosted the entire manga industry and it is thanks to it that mangas like jjk, csm or Spyxfamily can sell this much.

And not to mention that 3 millions sales before anime is incredible, you have mangas that started and ended and didn’t even cross 2 millions sales (ex: hell paradise) so yeah it was still very popular in japan
Apr 15, 2022 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
Alasco2002 said:
HaiYai_Forces said:

According to Oricon,

Copies in circulation # copies sold get that right and csm, Spyxfamily are the exception, no other mangas has been selling this much without an anime adaptation. And you know why? Because demon slayer sales actually boosted the entire manga industry and it is thanks to it that mangas like jjk, csm or Spyxfamily can sell this much.

And not to mention that 3 millions sales before anime is incredible, you have mangas that started and ended and didn’t even cross 2 millions sales (ex: hell paradise) so yeah it was still very popular in japan

I don't think it was the reason why sales in manga industry boosted. I mean, DB, Naruto and the on-going manga One Piece have already sold about hundreds of millions of copies. KnY was there at the right time and right place. Also if you look at best selling manga of all time on Wikipedia. There are various manga which have sold over 100 million copies before KnY, some best selling manga don't even have any adaptations at all (Vagabond, etc.). Also I agree I made wrong claim about circulation. Circulation ≠ sales but it shows the demand of those manga.
removed-userApr 15, 2022 5:12 AM
Apr 15, 2022 5:00 AM
Jan 2021
HaiYai_Forces said:
Alasco2002 said:

I don't think it was the reason why sales in manga industry boosted. I mean, DBZ, Naruto and the on-going manga One Piece have already sold about hundreds of millions of copies. KnY was there at the right time and right place. Also if you look at best selling manga of all time on Wikipedia. There are various manga which have sold over 100 million copies before KnY, some best selling manga don't even have any adaptations at all (Vagabond, etc.). Also I agree I made wrong claim about circulation. Circulation ≠ sales but it shows how much the demand of those manga.

No you don’t get it, kimetsu immense boost in sales after the anime and the records it broke attracted a lot more people into manga and animes, even the author of jjk in an interview thanked gotouge because without kimetsu, jjk would have never sell this much and it shows. Compare manga sales before 2019 and after 2019 you would see the huge increase of every other mangas(csm, jjk, Tokyo revengers) all due to kimetsu.
Apr 15, 2022 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
Alasco2002 said:
HaiYai_Forces said:

I don't think it was the reason why sales in manga industry boosted. I mean, DBZ, Naruto and the on-going manga One Piece have already sold about hundreds of millions of copies. KnY was there at the right time and right place. Also if you look at best selling manga of all time on Wikipedia. There are various manga which have sold over 100 million copies before KnY, some best selling manga don't even have any adaptations at all (Vagabond, etc.). Also I agree I made wrong claim about circulation. Circulation ≠ sales but it shows how much the demand of those manga.

No you don’t get it, kimetsu immense boost in sales after the anime and the records it broke attracted a lot more people into manga and animes, even the author of jjk in an interview thanked gotouge because without kimetsu, jjk would have never sell this much and it shows. Compare manga sales before 2019 and after 2019 you would see the huge increase of every other mangas(csm, jjk, Tokyo revengers) all due to kimetsu.

Can you please give some sources. I can't randomly trust whatever you are saying. Also please provide some logical reasons. I agree that due to Japanese element and a story appealing to every member of the family, KnY definitely left a huge cultural impact but it wasn't the reason why sales skyrocketed. One Piece alone had sold over 300 million copies in Japan before KnY was even out. Also not to mention, Dragon Ball and Naruto too had sold almost 200 million copies before KnY was out. I agree KnY got lot of people in anime/manga but it was not the reason why manga industry sales are boosted. But I can't deny the records it made though.
removed-userApr 15, 2022 5:16 AM
Apr 15, 2022 6:53 AM
Jan 2021
HaiYai_Forces said:
Alasco2002 said:

Can you please give some sources. I can't randomly trust whatever you are saying. Also please provide some logical reasons. I agree that due to Japanese element and a story appealing to every member of the family, KnY definitely left a huge cultural impact but it wasn't the reason why sales skyrocketed. One Piece alone had sold over 300 million copies in Japan before KnY was even out. Also not to mention, Dragon Ball and Naruto too had sold almost 200 million copies before KnY was out. I agree KnY got lot of people in anime/manga but it was not the reason why manga industry sales are boosted. But I can't deny the records it made though.

Do you even know what boosted sales mean? It means when kimetsu exploded every other manga in the jump or whatever it is in exploded in sales too, you can litterally look up to see the sales for the mangas before 2019 and after 2019. And it has nothing to do with one piece sales or naruto sales, common.
Apr 15, 2022 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
Nasu liking something isnt really rare man likes everything
Apr 15, 2022 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
@Alasco2002 Shounen Jump is the most popular magzine for your kind information. Do you even know that Shounen Jump was at its peak in sales in 90s. You can check that on Wikipedia. Also can you stop making baseless claims and provide some actual sources. Demon Slayer didn't increase the readership of that magzine. Provide real arguments.
Apr 15, 2022 10:48 AM

Jan 2021
HaiYai_Forces said:
Alasco2002 said:

https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14282699
https://comicbook.com/anime/news/demon-slayer-sales-2020-comic-industry-manga/
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-11-28/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2021-demon-slayer-finale-sells-record-5.17-million/.180076

I guess he was talking about the individual effect that Kny caused in the manga industry especially in 2020. One piece, Naruto, Dragon ball all have over 200 million copies (and over 500 million in case of One piece), but it took them decades to reach these sales. For example before 2020, One piece had the record for highest manga sales in a single year which was around 38 million copies. Than in 2020 Kny broke the record with over 82 million copies sold (and according to some sources as given above, Kny alone outsold the US comic industry).

Also Kny has far less volumes than One piece, DB or Naruto and despite that, it has the highest sales per volume. Oricon also recorded that Kny volumes were the first to break the 5 million mark with so many volumes from a single series (Almost every volume beat the 5 million mark).

If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Apr 15, 2022 7:18 PM

May 2021
HaiYai_Forces said:
Alasco2002 said:

The impact that Demon Slayer had on the manga industry is undeniable and isn't something to be contested. If you haven't actually looked into it, that's fine.
Physical Manga Sales in Japan 1991 - 2021
https://imgur.com/MXqE0Gj
Kimetsu was released during a time period where physical sales were freefalling and at their lowest they'd ever been. (Specifically looking at physical sales only here since that's what Oricon tracks). This is the same for the sales of WSJ magazine, which you can find easily by looking at its Wiki page. Regardless of whether or not Kimetsu created that boom in the manga industry, which it did, you can't in good faith compare the sales of a pre-Kimetsu-Anime manga to a post-Kimetsu-anime one. It's a much bigger industry now than it was 4 years ago. It's like if a luxury brand released a product during a recession and it had low sales because no one is buying luxury anything, and you compared it to another luxury brand 5 years later during a booming economy. I don't know how DBZ, One Piece, or Naruto are relevant to this conversation either.

Another thing, if you look back at Kimetsu's first full year as a serializing manga, 2017, there is literally only ONE manga that started serializing at the same time as Kimetsu that was above it in sales, which was The Promised Neverland. Every other manga above it had an additional ~2+ years of collecting/maintaining a fanbase. So, after The Promised Neverland, it was the newest and highest selling manga. I'd consider that pretty big.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Apr 16, 2022 7:50 PM

Oct 2015
like how most normal anime fans will be thankful about shit like this
even if they dont like the author out of respect
but nah
yaiba fans gotta be special smoothbrain
and shit on people and act edgy
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Jan 7, 2023 4:54 AM
Dec 2018
y'all are losers, fr how the fuck did you all manage to start an argument over another writer liking a series?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

464 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 23, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 26, 2021

159 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 23, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

269 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 23, 2:54 AM

» He's not that 'weird' right? ( 1 2 )

kingsley_017 - Jul 17

60 by Piromysl »»
Aug 20, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

541 by jairo3634 »»
Aug 11, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.