Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?) (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 12, 2022 3:53 AM
May 2021
I was actually disappointed by the opening the animation looked kinda choppy at the beginning but improved after the op so the episode was decent....
Jan 12, 2022 3:57 AM
May 2021
Swagernator said:
Ok, one thing i really don't understand. Why did they changed so much stuff from the first season ? Names, like the mc is now called Arbalest instead of Souma, the locations, completely new continent and world. And of course the character visuals are now unrecognizable, even scraped the whole isekai thing. Really weird decision to undergo such an extensive plot changes compared to the first season.

Even the VAs are new now. I guess some big behind the scenes things happen, also unrelated, someone from the MAL anime database team made a mistake, we have two entries for Realist Hero S2, for whatever reason. Please change that.

I think you have the wrong anime the anime you are looking for is "the realist hero's guide to raise a nation out of debt"
Jan 12, 2022 4:23 AM

Oct 2016
Came for Ninym, but stayed for the lazy prince... and yeah, Ninym of course, I'd say she's second best girl this season next to Marin. Art looks nice, animation/CGI didn't really bother me that much, and the plot is entertaining, pacing could be a lot better though.

Wein really suffering from success though, man just wanna sell a kingdom and live life easily, but I can already see him ending up making Natra a big player in the world lmao, accidentally that is. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 12, 2022 9:08 AM
Dec 2021
As an anime it's a good episode, not gonna lie. But, as an adaptation from the Light Novel, it's honestly bad. Only because they decided to skip the first portion of it and start from the middle point of it.

But ah well at least it's not too rushed
Jan 12, 2022 11:15 AM
Jul 2021
It was alright, but the whole “unintentional success” schtick isn’t really working IMO. I guess the author didn’t want to get too outlandish with his decisions but it just comes across like he’s being bold/risky with his orders and not actually trying to get out of things, and then going berserk at the success because the script says so.
Jan 12, 2022 12:06 PM
May 2016
Something must be falling flat for me. This wasn't funny, and the only attractive aspect of the show was the supporting female MC's art (at the expense of the rest of the show's budget). Have we truly become so accustomed to the mediocrity of the mid-2010s fantasy genre that we regard this as enjoyable?
Jan 12, 2022 1:28 PM
Jul 2017
Visually it was uninspiring, and the humor wasn't anything special but the girls are cute, so I'll keep watching for now.
Jan 12, 2022 2:08 PM
Nov 2016
damn they skipped a lot of the novel which is...not exactly good in terms of building the character's personalities. The voice acting and at some points animation honestly carried this first episode, because other than that this seems to be quite the rushed adaptation which sucks, because the source material is actually pretty decent. might watch a few more episodes to determine my thoughts but I/m not too optimistic tbh..
Jan 12, 2022 4:49 PM

May 2015
Ok that was dumb as all hell, but entertaining. Think I found my so bad it's good show for this season
Jan 12, 2022 6:57 PM
Feb 2012
Suffering from success: The Animation
Jan 12, 2022 7:54 PM

Apr 2020
So basically a basic superficial-level political series about kingdom, economy, and stuffs. That was pretty entertaining. Though, that gore in the middle of war put me off due to its comedic nature and atmosphere. That clunky 3D camera works at the start was pretty bad lol. The OP and its visuals was eh, and so is the ED. I'm liking the protagonist so far and his so goddamn cute aide. I would like to see this as a full blown comedy without drama going forward.
RegulusXJan 12, 2022 8:00 PM
Jan 12, 2022 8:48 PM

Oct 2008
goddess VA Rieri is also here!
damn this show needs some tough competent villain kingdom!
opponents are way too easy for Wein-sama lolz!
5/5.

Jan 12, 2022 10:06 PM

Oct 2014
Number of population: 500k
Number of fielded troops: 6k
Number of total troops in general: 10k

The best joke the author made for this part of the story lol.
No, I'm not being ironic. He must have made the number ridiculous as to joke on the gap between Wein's inability to do long-term strategy and his inherent talent as an accidental genius lol.

Also Ninym's armpit
Jan 12, 2022 10:27 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
For me, surprisingly entertaining and a bit smart even. MC is slightly annoying but fortunately most of his goofy side stays inside his head, where apparently a lot of thought processes are occurring. Also, high-quality waifus.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 13, 2022 1:29 AM
Jun 2021
Serafos said:
Kinda fun show.

Ninym and Falanya are both so adorable. :3 <3

Also, Nimyn's "meows" were so cute. xD

Serafos said:
Kinda fun show.

Ninym and Falanya are both so adorable. :3 <3

Also, Nimyn's "meows" were so cute. xD

Emilia is that u ? ?
Jan 13, 2022 5:33 AM

May 2018
I'm not sure what to think about this show. The waifus are Hnnngh but at the same time why is the prince's secretary some sort of legendary fighter? Why can't we just have a normal secretary for once lol
Jan 13, 2022 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
meh so-so hope next ep is better
Jan 13, 2022 9:29 AM
Sep 2021
Whoever thought it was a good idea to adapt the majority of volume 1 into a single episode needs to be slapped in the face.

They cut a lot from the novels. What made the novels a good read was the dialogue between Wein and Ninym and the crazy stuff that happens involving them. They cut the part where an emissary duels Wein and falls out the window which was a real letdown.

I was expecting a good anime adaptation of one of the better novels I have read but this was a huge letdown.
Jan 13, 2022 12:12 PM
May 2016
Funny but two quibbles, I didn't think the white haired girl's voice fit her look and the little sister was drawn weird, like a miniaturized adult (proportionately) like she was an elf instead of a kid.
Jan 13, 2022 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
Just by reading the plot, i knew this was something that i would like to watch.
This guy is basically the definition of "task failed successfully" xD

I wish they have shown us how they took the mine or mines(?) but i did like the first episode, now can't wait for the rest.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 13, 2022 11:26 PM
Sep 2020
Show definitely has potential
Jan 14, 2022 6:44 AM

Aug 2021
considering i disliked Realist Hero, i guess it makes sense why this just felt uninspired and bland to me lmao
Jan 14, 2022 12:51 PM

May 2009
I was suprised how good it was. I expected generic fantasy haremshit but MCs are great and her cutting off head made it even better.
Resolution1337 said:
Realist Hero is better than this shit. Here we go again another isekai with generic design characters, waifu bait (copy of Emilia design with Rie Takahashi? don't tempted me like that, it doesn't work). Lazy plot, boring concept, mediocre animation/art, suck and crap music/OST, lagged 5 FPS/frames camera works, edgy MC with cool design make some ugly wh0re horny.

The fuck is wrong with you? It's not an isekai. Also anime is usually animated with even less frames.
Jan 14, 2022 5:14 PM
Dec 2021
jzkmath said:

They cut a lot from the novels. What made the novels a good read was the dialogue between Wein and Ninym and the crazy stuff that happens involving them. They cut the part where an emissary duels Wein and falls out the window which was a real letdown.

Huh, spoilers, you're probably mixing up the events in volume 2 here. What they cut out was the beginning part of volume 1 where he has a bit of a diplomatic duel with the emissary that eventually led to what occurs in the beginning of the episode. The incident you mention probably won't happen till episode 3.
Jan 14, 2022 5:22 PM
Dec 2021
Revvie-chan said:

No, I'm not being ironic. He must have made the number ridiculous as to joke on the gap between Wein's inability to do long-term strategy and his inherent talent as an accidental genius lol.

Also Ninym's armpit

I'm confused by this.
Do you mean that the number is too small coming from a population of 500k?

Or that it's somehow too large from a population of 500k?
Jan 14, 2022 6:01 PM
Sep 2018
Episode got pretty drowsy for me to continue like I just found the story to be bleak but the girls look adorable tho!
Jan 14, 2022 7:26 PM
Jul 2017
This was the most boring episode of any anime I've seen this year... But we're still in January. ><'

Dropped.
Jan 14, 2022 8:42 PM

Jul 2014
I don't like the art at all. But... it's hilarious. Approved by the prinny, dood.
Jan 16, 2022 2:48 PM

Dec 2014
Watching this just for Ninym, loved her design which compelled me to give this a shot. Really liking her so far, the MC is quite likable too which is a pleasant surprise.

Curious if the comedy can stay amusing till the very end but at the very least it’s a decent start.
Jan 16, 2022 3:19 PM

Mar 2014
This is a little bit like the Realist Hero but I don't like the jokes in here. It's too much and somewhat inappropriate, like why is the MC messing around when an enemy is charging towards him and also how is the enemy general aren't in pain when his arm got chopped off ???

I don't think this is gonna be great but we'll see. 4/10
Jan 16, 2022 7:14 PM

Aug 2017
Lol this is such a funny show. The epitome of failing his way to success.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jan 17, 2022 10:39 AM
Jan 2022
As others said, they really rushed through the first half of volume 1 of the novel and cut out major plot points.
I hope they slow down.
Jan 18, 2022 8:57 AM

Oct 2014
WataMata said:
Revvie-chan said:

Also Ninym's armpit

I'm confused by this.
Do you mean that the number is too small coming from a population of 500k?

Or that it's somehow too large from a population of 500k?

if he had lost, the country was fcked. they wouldn't have enough ready military men to amount much resistance.
they prob could pull some young men to fill in the gap, but they would be militia at best
Jan 18, 2022 11:16 PM

Nov 2019
Guarantee a waifu bait with a big-boob white-hair half-blood drawing that people misperceive as female character...
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jan 30, 2022 5:23 AM

Mar 2017
Was this supposed to be a comedy? Where is the funny?
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jan 30, 2022 5:23 AM

Mar 2017
Was this supposed to be a comedy? Where is the funny?
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Feb 9, 2022 5:09 PM

Jul 2016
Is this Code Geass medieval version?? Even the Ed is kinda similar to one of the Soundtracks.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Feb 17, 2022 10:26 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
When you try to fail but are too good so you succeed.
It is similar to Realist Hero in some ways but more comedy centric.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Feb 22, 2022 6:31 AM

Apr 2011
First episode looking good. Prince wants to sell of his kingdom but ends up backfiring. Heh

Art style and animation quality is good for me.

Ninym and Falanya are really adorable.

I like it. Let's see how this series goes.

The only thing I find similar between this and Realist Hero is both MCs are ruling a
kingdom. I dunno if this will be a harem or not. But I'm fine either way as long as the story is good and the casts are entertaining.
Mar 3, 2022 12:02 PM

Aug 2017
I enjoyed the first episode despite some obvious bad animated scenes. Even the comedy is funny and the pacing is pretty good.

Meow.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 5, 2022 10:47 PM

May 2021
Won a war with standing still and running away
Inhales oxygen
Mar 14, 2022 12:22 PM
Oct 2019
pretty average

idk if "genius" is a joke or serious at this point. or maybe it's more like "lucky"

5/10 to start
Apr 1, 2022 8:18 PM
Dec 2019
Pretty good first episode. I can understand why he would want to sell the kingdom because it's so much work and the people helping him are not very bright except for Ninym.
Apr 3, 2022 3:10 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Anime_Addicter_ said:
Guys, i fell in love with Ninym so hard <3

Mod Edit: Removed multiple screenshots

I m here for only one thing, and that is her.
Hopefully I will get to see tons of cute scenes of both together, this first episode already had 1.
Apr 18, 2022 11:01 PM

Jun 2020
I've heard that this show is like Realist Hero and I'm already interested starting with Ninym Riery being the VA for her is fitting not perfect but that's all it takes

So the war aspect is still relevant I like seeing bits of action that's present in the story to make it interesting the story is decent added with comedy it's not gonna be that boring

And she's not afraid to take action to her hands and get her hands dirty I like that.
Apr 20, 2022 1:32 PM

Oct 2017
Guys, i fell in love with Ninym so hard <3

Yup, lovely sideboob :P
May 7, 2022 8:05 PM

Dec 2018
pretty good episode, entertaining, would like a little backstory on the characters soon. i audibly laughed when the army started pushing them back.
May 29, 2022 1:51 AM

Jul 2015
Plan failed succesfully! Marden army was way too incompetent which was to be expected given their (now beheaded) muscle-brained general. At least Wein got to hear meow from his aide.

Jun 24, 2022 9:02 PM

Apr 2008
How are people saying this is better than Realist Hero

This was a painful bad episode and they basically used it to introduce half a dozen awful characters, Moustache General is basically the only decent character so far.
Sep 15, 2022 11:11 AM
Jun 2019
I watching this anime on Youtube Muse Indonesia
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2022

96 by 7thAkatsuki »»
Apr 11, 6:57 PM

» Barbaric actions treated as heroic ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Jan 11, 2022

55 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 1, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2022

96 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 14, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2022

31 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 10, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2022

35 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 8, 9:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.