Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?) (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes, Wein once again puts his negotiation skills to work in order to forge a meaningful alliance. It's not the first time he's been at it but he has his good reasons.

I have to say, this episode was also quite a roller coaster of emotions for Wein too.
Mar 22, 2022 6:59 AM

Feb 2018
Somehow, Zeno didn't fall in love with Wein and yeah, even though I wished Zeno to be Wein's consort, because of those oppai. The royal entourage has arrived, Princess Lugest Kingdom Torcheira. Yeah, It's a good meal but I'm curious about this bowl. Yeah that Was beautiful food... It would even be a shame to eat it. In contrast to Princess somehow this king has an extraordinary appetite, No wonder the belly gets big, and is it beef? Didn't really pay much attention to the conversation because too lazy to watch, lol. Zeno and kakugo? A punishment, what is actually going on...

Mar 22, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
Wein is once again back to the negotation table, this time with Zenovia on the Kingdom of Delunio discussion via Sirgis in trading goods by crossing borders. And to be expected that that deal didn't go as planned to his gain, which Wein helped Zeno out to be cautious.

The meeting of Wein and King Gruyere in the prime capital Phtitcha, it was definitely a homecoming for Wein as making this alliance would mean that Natra needn't expend their forces as much to liberate the Levetians should they route a coup d'etat within the lands of Soljest and Natra. The welcome feast...haha, Wein is utterly defeated by the majestic food that the royal family offers like a never-ending buffet.

But it's definitely strange that King Gruyere would indulge in his own wallow and ignore Wein, that he practically has no chance of forging that alliance. This typically only leads to one possible resolution: assassination, and Wein can't afford to slip up now if the worse does happen. It's surprising that King Gruyere is a man of equal will, and Levetian scriptures like Ninym's Flahm race are nothing but of the Devil are just written scriptures by man.

Gruyere is indeed one tough fellow to crack, and unfortunately they've already made an alliance with Delunio before Natra can make the move, and Wein is bluffed by his low-tone clearance to think that they've already won. There is but one silver lining: the Kingdom of Marden's Zenovia that has already mobilized against Delunio, and this makes Wein's job easier.

It's time to settle who's boss and who's not. Anticipating the finale now.
Mar 22, 2022 10:13 AM

May 2020
Someone just let these clowns know that they'll be outwitted by Wein in the end no matter what kind of schemings they brew.
Mar 22, 2022 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
the king with the voice and hair of Iskander but completely opposite in attitude.. one who will lie blatantly , is lazy, cannot even bother to walk and is a pig..
the other fought Wars of outstanding caliber alongside the soldiers he lead.. gotta say.. would've been if they chose a more villainous VA instead of Iskander..

Wein hardships never stops and I cannot stop simping over Zenovia.. :D
Mar 22, 2022 11:41 AM

Feb 2019
Really fun set up for what should be an exciting finale next week. Battle lines are drawn and I can’t wait to see how wein wiggles out of this one.
Mar 22, 2022 11:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given how new to power she is its quite natural that the other powers don't see Zenovia as an equal yet. Given how the west see's the empire their visit was to be expected but this was sooner than expected. Its interesting though at the kind of effects that the goods are having though. King Gruyere really knows how to take advantage of his position huh. Being carried everywhere he goes must be comfy. Still to think that he had a daughter as well. Her tag team with the food sure did well to giving Wein trouble. To think that Soujest and the west would end up conspiring and launching a simultaneous assault on them. Despite the bleak turn of events Zenovia's quick thinking really surprised me. Curious at how they would resolve this crisis in the finale.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2022 12:19 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Seems Wein really couldn't talk with all that food there xD.
The King accepted Wein's proposals for an alliance between Soljest and Natra which Wein found very strange. And now, Soljest declared war against them!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 22, 2022 1:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This episode made me hungry lol, but really Gruyere well played with its alliance with Delunio and faking the alliance with Natra to just declare war right after he left the country, things are getting tense but hopefully with what Zenovia started they can somehow fix the situation
Mar 22, 2022 1:32 PM

May 2021
I'm curious to see if they go the diplomatic route or go to war.

Mar 22, 2022 3:19 PM

Nov 2009
Hmm...

Someone seems to be taking a one step ahead than Wein this time.

Will Wein be able to win this time? (probably will, plot armor), but what will he do? Will he win with talk or will he actually have to go to war.

Also, I wonder if it'll be another Harem +1 soon, LOL (cause Wein seems to have a talent at gathering Princesses) (best way to win is to bring the Princesses under you and they'll do inside jobs and help you win)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 22, 2022 4:08 PM

Sep 2017
You know if they just cut this final arc and slowed the pace down of all the others I think it would have been a lot easier to get invested in this worlds politics. They've cut the OP a ton of times for more screen time yet they still really crammed in as many arcs as possible it seems.
Mar 22, 2022 4:31 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty good setup for the finale, that pig really outsmarted Wein.
Mar 22, 2022 4:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Like Wein, I was also kinda won over by King Gruyere lol, the food looked great, he didn’t do anything that was directly sus, his daughter Tolcheila is cute (love her design and VA, sad she appeared so late in the show), and he had that speech about his religion and how he didn’t look down on Flahms like everyone else seems to. And now Wein has a war on his hands lol, but maybe we’ll get to see Zenovia do something badass, potentially as Zeno once again, and I’m sure Ninym will do something cool.

And there’s 1 more episode left, this show has slowly grown on me as it’s gone on, early on I wasn’t too into it but now I’m finding myself kinda invested, I’m interested to see how they’ll end it next week.
Mar 22, 2022 6:04 PM

Nov 2011
I want that Pig Gruyere's head on a plate dude. Screw that dude. But you know it won't happen and his daughter will play into the last episode heavily as well.

Looking forward to next week
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 22, 2022 6:39 PM

Sep 2020
Those four guys carrying Gruyere around on his throne/palanquin must be the strongest men in the whole kingdom.
Mar 22, 2022 6:41 PM

Sep 2011
Damn only one more episode left. How else will I get my Zenovia fix
Mar 22, 2022 6:47 PM

Jan 2013
That king played the biggest bait and Wein fell for it, but it was obvious that he was up to something, there was simply no way.
But now i can't wait for the last episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 22, 2022 10:10 PM

Apr 2017
I find myself playing the last 3 episodes in x2 speed now. The political conversation really just bore the shit out of me, and the comedy in this series is dry af.

Two things that I like about this series: Ninym and Wein's relationship, Lowellmina's voice acting. That's about it.

Story started pretty strong at first episode but gets repetitive, same formula over and over again halfway through the series. Cheap villains every new arc, same old villain try to get upper hand, come up with stupid plan, Wein 5Head ahead with plan A with backup plan B and C, Wein wins, he laughs, end of arc.
Animation is mediocre at best, bad at some scenes.
Character designs are ok, but nothing special. Lots of side boobs, so that's a plus I guess?
Soundtrack is also mediocre at best, nothing that standout.

Can't wait next week for the finale so that I can finally rate it 5/10.
Mar 22, 2022 11:39 PM
Nov 2017
I can’t believe they didn’t give one single episode on explaining the deal with the Frams. I did see Wein finally mentioned they were believed to be spawns of devils but is that really all we get
Mar 23, 2022 2:46 PM

Sep 2018
A nice set up.

Wein has been meeting his match recently, he'd best up his game.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Mar 23, 2022 8:33 PM

Jan 2011
starting to think diplomacy doesnt really exist half the time, it's just war war war lol it's all everyone thinks to do that or just killing the each other

it really is insane how little has been explained about Frams for what seems like the main waifu shes subjected to such harsh racism like straight up slavery and is considered a minion of devils or whatever seems at least a little bit important to go into why the hell people outside of being racist shits regard them as demon spawns

though i think this was the first time the comedy got a chuckle out of me seeing him lose to such basic seafood that looked good makes me wonder what the hell their eating in narta
Mar 24, 2022 9:55 AM

Oct 2021
love to eat some that food. It looks so freaking amazing.
Mar 24, 2022 10:00 AM

Oct 2021
Xystus said:
I find myself playing the last 3 episodes in x2 speed now. The political conversation really just bore the shit out of me, and the comedy in this series is dry af.

Two things that I like about this series: Ninym and Wein's relationship, Lowellmina's voice acting. That's about it.

Story started pretty strong at first episode but gets repetitive, same formula over and over again halfway through the series. Cheap villains every new arc, same old villain try to get upper hand, come up with stupid plan, Wein 5Head ahead with plan A with backup plan B and C, Wein wins, he laughs, end of arc.
Animation is mediocre at best, bad at some scenes.
Character designs are ok, but nothing special. Lots of side boobs, so that's a plus I guess?
Soundtrack is also mediocre at best, nothing that standout.

Can't wait next week for the finale so that I can finally rate it 5/10.
Wait when did the series even started strong? It only started getting better after 2 episodes and only increase in quality with each passing ep.
Mar 24, 2022 10:04 AM

Oct 2021
katsu044 said:
starting to think diplomacy doesnt really exist half the time, it's just war war war lol it's all everyone thinks to do that or just killing the each other

it really is insane how little has been explained about Frams for what seems like the main waifu shes subjected to such harsh racism like straight up slavery and is considered a minion of devils or whatever seems at least a little bit important to go into why the hell people outside of being racist shits regard them as demon spawns

though i think this was the first time the comedy got a chuckle out of me seeing him lose to such basic seafood that looked good makes me wonder what the hell their eating in narta
Good question
Any LN readers out there who can answer this
Mar 25, 2022 8:47 AM

Oct 2017
Glad to have the tsundere queen onboard.

Predictable turn of events but lets see what the finale has in store for us.
Mar 28, 2022 12:21 PM
Aug 2020
UkRs said:
the king with the voice and hair of Iskander but completely opposite in attitude.. one who will lie blatantly , is lazy, cannot even bother to walk and is a pig..
the other fought Wars of outstanding caliber alongside the soldiers he lead.. gotta say.. would've been if they chose a more villainous VA instead of Iskander..

Wein hardships never stops and I cannot stop simping over Zenovia.. :D

It kind of fit if you think of Blackbeard from One Piece tho. At least it does for me lol. Blackbeard is the kind of scheming opportunistic villain which kinda resembles this red haired king. He's also the fat drunk pig type lol.
May 29, 2022 4:14 PM

Jul 2015
Watching this at 2am, I'm now not only sleepdeprived but also hungry...

Must've been a shock for Wein meeting Gruyvere who shows some intellect by outwitting him (at least for now).

Jul 29, 2022 8:59 AM

Apr 2011
Heh. Wein got outsmarted by Sirgis and pig king. Interesting.

And the pig has a cute daughter which is voiced by the legendary tsundere queen herself.
Sep 21, 2022 10:12 AM

Aug 2018
So.. This king invited Wein to see that he's quite a unique animal to devour?.. What in Wein made him think like that?.. I think king had opportunity to witness Wein at his best already?.. Fixing things near free city..
Oct 22, 2023 11:15 PM

Jun 2020
Bruh I thought the king was gonna be a homie who avoided Wein because wanted to eat more🤦‍♂️

The bigger disappointment for me was the red hair girls voice. She looked cool in the OP but she sounds like a 5 year old
Feb 10, 7:34 PM

Dec 2022
That man was wise to not insult Ninym

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2022

96 by 7thAkatsuki »»
Apr 11, 6:57 PM

» Barbaric actions treated as heroic ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Jan 11, 2022

55 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 1, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2022

96 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 14, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2022

35 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 8, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2022

37 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 5, 6:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.