Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
SHAMAN KING
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2021 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, feelings are wild this episode. With that intention of revenge, they did a solid job at showing how the cast feels when pressured.

Gotta hand it to Yoh for trying being there for Ludsev and Salerm.
Dec 16, 2021 6:55 AM

Jul 2017
An episode dropping that early, which means that Netflix has finally English subs, but don't expect the quality to be the same as fansubs.

Chocolove has his history biting his ass: Redseb looking for revenge with Seyram in the Golem against him on that fateful Christmas, and despite getting killed, Yoh gets vengeance for him in this killing and reviving phase of Shaman King, the ugliest portion of the Epilogue. Both Ren and Ryu had their souls come back to life after each of their harrowing experiences, and Yoh wants to do the same.

But Hao stands in his way...not just Hao, but the assembly of his people against him, Redseb and Seyram (trapped in the Golem that their dad created). The fact of an Integrated Furyoku is bad news enough if it's news, and as hard as Yoh tries, the assembly of Hao is just ruthless. Thank god for Yoh's friends coming to his aid thanks to Lyserg, but this situation is "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" of revenge and vengeance, the road to freedom.

Heh, Chocolove experiencing Hell with old man Orona, and the gags don't end. But in hindsight, Chocolove has entered The Great Spirit's place in Rodin's Gates of Hell, would be interesting to see him get receive salvation.
KANLen09Dec 16, 2021 9:12 AM
Dec 16, 2021 3:59 PM

Jun 2017
Welp, death doesn't really mean much in this series anymore. xd
The golem fight was somewhat cool at least.
Dec 17, 2021 5:41 AM
Oct 2019
the past is eventually catching up to Chocolove...
well that's just what life is.

so that's the reason why Seyram can't smile all this time?
Dec 17, 2021 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
Yoh's brother came back acting after not fighting for a while before entering this episode, until it was excellent the fights, also had some average and cool things.
Dec 18, 2021 12:33 AM

Jan 2009
"you get what you give" aka karma or the golden rule again

its an all out fight but i think the heroes will lose big time
Dec 18, 2021 7:07 PM

Mar 2013
Poor Turbine, he looked so disappointed at not being able to do anything :P
Dec 20, 2021 11:35 AM

Jul 2016
This episode sure was full of surprises. From a father possessing (like... spiritually speaking) the body of his daughter to Chocolove learning the concept of "afterlife".

Also ngl, those last minutes with the upcoming all out fight got me hyped as hell.
Dec 21, 2021 8:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I understand that the kids want to take their revenge on Chocolove but after getting killed (and anyway they want to revive him) it's Yoh's time to revenge him and it just ends up on a massive gang fight with Yoh's friends vs Hao's gang lol
Dec 21, 2021 10:19 AM

Mar 2010
Ashhk said:
I understand that the kids want to take their revenge on Chocolove but after getting killed (and anyway they want to revive him) it's Yoh's time to revenge him and it just ends up on a massive gang fight with Yoh's friends vs Hao's gang lol

This is what I love about this Seyram+Redseb subplot. It shows how ridiculous and destructive the desire for revenge is, by doing very little and very subtly. It goes from something you would see main characters do, kids trying to avenge their father, to a completely unnecessary multiple-sided battle that just went completely out of hand. It perfectly shows the senselessness of it all.
Dec 21, 2021 10:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
SuiNoByakko said:
Ashhk said:

This is what I love about this Seyram+Redseb subplot. It shows how ridiculous and destructive the desire for revenge is, by doing very little and very subtly. It goes from something you would see main characters do, kids trying to avenge their father, to a completely unnecessary multiple-sided battle that just went completely out of hand. It perfectly shows the senselessness of it all.
Exactly, on a the same time you can't really blame them for what they're doing, it's human's nature
Jan 8, 2022 11:40 AM

May 2018
Ayy the entire gang is back to help Yoh (minus bad joke guy).
Jan 11, 2022 10:49 PM

Oct 2017
This turned into a major confrontation between them. Yoh's condition isn't looking good at all. What'll happen now?
Jan 13, 2022 7:20 PM
Jun 2013
Okay I really liked the arc, but I think the studio messed up with how they drew Redseb's expression throughout his fight with Yoh. He doesn't look as angry or serious as he was in the manga during a few scenes. For example when Yoh bluffed about crashing the Golem he was absolutely terrified for Seyram's life and desperate when he lunged at Yoh in the manga, but in this episode that expression from the manga wasn't shown.

The fight it self was cool, and the part where they kind of animated Yoh using S.O.S. is nice. The later part of the episode where Hao's group shows up is pretty good too.
Jan 18, 2022 6:42 PM

Feb 2014
Maybe Nostalgia but Hao's team looked way more intimidating in the original, they are all so goofy now.
Mar 9, 2023 1:16 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Yoh destroyed that fraud.
May 16, 2023 3:54 PM

Dec 2007
I can't believe it ended like this. it's not even a cliffhanger. i'm pretty sure no one will be able to touch hao. lol

some twist it was that seryim is posessed by her own father. really disturbing.

everyone dies and revives. i dunno if this is a laugh or no. lol

i must say that, shaman kind attending the "revenge is bad" theme better than naruto lol
Aug 14, 2023 3:05 PM

Feb 2012
Karma has come back for Joco in the form of the Golem, piloted by the daughter of the man his gang killed with her brother to help. Killing Joco doesn't bring the catharsis Redseb thought he would get, to paraphrase Asakura Yoh (having been adopted by Mickey, he calls Yoh Onii-san). Nor did it bring back his sister's memories. In a twist, the soul of the murder victim that built the sick ass Golem robot is possessing his daughter.

Lyserg stood by doing nothing, empathising with the two kids, but since Hao's involved, it's clear who the greater evil is to him.

So with the world of Shaman King being an "all religions are true" kind of set-up, I don't think Joco will be experiencing the Judeo-Christian Hell. Given Ryunosuke's near-death experience and how active the Dharmic-religion-inspired Gandhara seem to be in this final arc, I think Joco will go to a temporary Buddhist hell to purge his remaining karma.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 15, 9:35 PM
May 2017
While the no killing philosophy is forced; it is somewhat believable to me now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 40 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2022

21 by almightybismarck »»
May 24, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

15 by almightybismarck »»
May 23, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 38 Discussion

MahiaErebeaNegi - Jan 4, 2022

26 by almightybismarck »»
May 17, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2021

21 by almightybismarck »»
May 17, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 35 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2021

16 by almightybismarck »»
May 8, 9:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.