Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2021 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First half of the episode was a borefest but we did get some mech action in the ruined city.

Takeru and his squad demonstrated their usual combat tactics although I wasn't overly impressed by what I saw. At least they gave a fair decent amount of screen time for all the fighters.

Nov 3, 2021 9:24 AM
Oct 2020
The episode is pretty good. I'm still going to complain about kashiwagi though.
Nov 3, 2021 10:23 AM
Feb 2015
What is the blue... how fast were they rushing through the conversation here? I thought i was watching 2x speed. Hello anime producers, you can slideshow the CCSE into 15 seconds, maybe you could've done the same for Tama'a father? The rush talking was painful to hear.
Nov 3, 2021 10:35 AM

Jul 2017
The comedy early on with Tama's father felt so out of place for me, given how the series itself without Extra nor Unlimited felt much more serious consistently without many references to the group's chemistry with each other. Yeah, that first half was pretty shit. Second half was slightly better I guess in comparison.
Nov 3, 2021 12:36 PM

Jan 2009
the 3DCG mecha fights are awesome damn if only the whole show is just full 3DCG then their will be consistency in animation quality at least

the inclusion of the fighting game mechanics of cancels and combos was a success
Nov 3, 2021 12:42 PM

Feb 2019
So we finally have a new weapon to use in the fight. Hope this OS can turn the tide of the war.

Wonder if the new guy is also from the future since he already knows Takeru?

Fun ep as usual.
Nov 3, 2021 1:44 PM
Mar 2021
Alternative got the best mecha fight in muv luv anime series so far.

Unlimited & Schwarzesmarken couldnt really depict the awesomeness of TSF maneuver.
Nov 3, 2021 1:52 PM

Jul 2014
deg said:
the 3DCG mecha fights are awesome damn if only the whole show is just full 3DCG then their will be consistency in animation quality at least

the inclusion of the fighting game mechanics of cancels and combos was a success

Need ex arm studios kekw.
Nov 3, 2021 2:14 PM
Apr 2021
I really liked this episode, finally we got to see some group chemistry between the main cast, after going so hard in on plot exposition the last couple episodes.

The first half of the episode might be "boring" in comparison with the mecha stuff, but scenes like those have been sorely lacking so far so I am really glad they didn't also turn that into a 15 second montage
Nov 3, 2021 2:57 PM

Jan 2016
I'm really trying hard to "not like this adaptation" but even with all its glaring issues, I find it to be an enjoyable Anime all in all.

I think that they team behind the Anime have done a great job with the limited budget and episodes they've received.

A lot of people tend to forget that it's the higher ups that decide how many episodes/budget an Anime gets and the staff just have to do their best with that limitation.
And unlike Umineko and Tsukihime, the staff for this have done a pretty good job all in all
Nov 3, 2021 3:19 PM
Jan 2019
Great episode, my favorite so far. Seems like after rushing through the "boring" stuff (I would tend to disagree with that assessment but it is how it is!) they found a comfortable pacing and try to adapt things properly. Also liked that we are finally getting a few more character moments and they are done well.
Nov 3, 2021 3:49 PM
Jan 2018
Not completely abhorrent like the rest if the series has been but still a horrible, uneven experience. Direction and production, outside of the 3DCG, is still horrible as well as the handling of the tone which are ultimately the biggest problems for this episode. The damage is already done and they can't recover with this adaptation at this point.
Nov 3, 2021 5:48 PM

Jan 2008
Much better episode, we're getting closer to the 3rd or 2nd best part of the series.
Nov 3, 2021 6:11 PM
May 2016
Animaniaig said:
Not completely abhorrent like the rest if the series has been but still a horrible, uneven experience. Direction and production, outside of the 3DCG, is still horrible as well as the handling of the tone which are ultimately the biggest problems for this episode. The damage is already done and they can't recover with this adaptation at this point.

Wow doomposting much? What the heck do you think they are supposed to do? We are lucky the TSF sequences are even pretty to look at.
Nov 3, 2021 6:29 PM

Apr 2018
animejas said:
The comedy early on with Tama's father felt so out of place for me, given how the series itself without Extra nor Unlimited felt much more serious consistently without many references to the group's chemistry with each other. Yeah, that first half was pretty shit. Second half was slightly better I guess in comparison.

Animaniaig said:

I felt the opening sequence to be awkward in its tone at first but then I recalled this was exactly how the VN depicted those events. The tone only got dead serious after the coup arc started, i.e. the buildup and character chemistry were not only done in Extra and Unlimited, but in a fair portion of the beginning of Alternative as well.
Nov 3, 2021 6:36 PM

Feb 2016
Can somebody familiar with the source material tell me when I'll start seeing things that didn't happen in Unlimited? The only thing good about this episode was Akane's non-speaking cameo.
その目だれの目?
Nov 3, 2021 6:53 PM
Feb 2015
Lucifrost said:
Can somebody familiar with the source material tell me when I'll start seeing things that didn't happen in Unlimited? The only thing good about this episode was Akane's non-speaking cameo.

Ah, this episode? Have you seen XM3 being used in Unlimited? Have you seen the man at the end of the episode in Unlimited?
Nov 3, 2021 6:59 PM

Feb 2016
@ixarising
Yes, I did see mecha battles in Unlimited. This episode even had a flashback to that scene, remember? Unlimited didn’t have the mysterious man, but it didn’t have Akane either. My question is, can I trust this man to amount to anything important?
その目だれの目?
Nov 3, 2021 7:24 PM
Feb 2015
Lucifrost said:
@ixarising
Yes, I did see mecha battles in Unlimited. This episode even had a flashback to that scene, remember? Unlimited didn’t have the mysterious man, but it didn’t have Akane either. My question is, can I trust this man to amount to anything important?

Yeah but did the battle in Unlimited used Takeru's OS? Also if this man amount to nothing then he won't be in the opening.
Nov 3, 2021 8:41 PM
Oct 2020
ixarising said:
Lucifrost said:
@ixarising

Yeah but did the battle in Unlimited used Takeru's OS? Also if this man amount to nothing then he won't be in the opening.

Shitgiri never amount to anything in every timeline he lives in but he is still in the op
Nov 3, 2021 9:40 PM
Aug 2013
The last 2 episodes have been much better
Nov 4, 2021 12:57 AM

Jul 2017
At least this episode I can stomach...for one half.

The 1st 6 mins of Miki's reunion with her father Genjousai, is pretty "hilariously" stupid to give some crude remarks with Takeru and the others. Making the whole thing a case of an unintentional harem of sorts just seemed kinda off, the "calm before the storm".

Takeru really wants to change Alternative IV's outcome through Yuuko, but it's clear that there's gonna be more work done befure they could go anywhere. At least for the new OS that Takeru developed is working wonders for his team in training, there's some decent action. Spreading that to the other 207th TSF squadron mechs would be the best viable option.

Wonder who's that mysterious man.
Nov 4, 2021 1:38 AM

Jan 2015
Another really good episode. Takeru’s managing to change the future for the better at least! Those mecha fights were insane

Nov 4, 2021 3:01 AM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
ixarising said:

Shitgiri never amount to anything in every timeline he lives in but he is still in the op

Sagiri is Yamato Damashii gone wrong. XD
That said, the 12/5 incident only happened thanks to Takeru.
1. He requested Yuuko to save the frontline soldiers during the Sadogashima invasion. So more soldiers are available to Sagiri's cause.
2. He requested Yuuko to prevent the HSST falling, so America's Alternative 5 supporters had to use another method to stir chaos.
3. He didn't want to save the grandma. XD
Nov 4, 2021 3:04 AM
Jun 2012
Lucifrost said:

Nov 4, 2021 3:16 AM

Apr 2018
Lucifrost said:

Graciaus said:

I think the very next episode will already depict a completely new sequence of events that never happened in Unlimited, even before we get to the

And by the way, +1 for Akane lol. I was never super fond of any character personally besides Takeru in Muv-Luv, as it's not a charage and individual characterization is not the point at all (the focus is Takeru's inner journey), but Akane I liked quite a lot back when I read it, even when she's just a support cast.
sho52Nov 4, 2021 3:21 AM
Nov 4, 2021 4:48 AM
Oct 2020
ixarising said:
dailybread said:

1. He requested Yuuko to save the frontline soldiers during the Sadogashima invasion. So more soldiers are available to Sagiri's cause.
2. He requested Yuuko to prevent the HSST falling, so America's Alternative 5 supporters had to use another method to stir chaos.

So no, it's not really takeru's fault. Shitgiri is just, well, shit.
Nov 4, 2021 5:18 AM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
ixarising said:

Actually,
Nov 4, 2021 5:10 PM

Jan 2012
Some of the walking animations looks like they're levitating
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 4, 2021 9:43 PM
Oct 2020
ixarising said:
dailybread said:

Actually,

Fair enough. Still not takeru's fault though. And shitgiri is still shit.
Nov 4, 2021 10:37 PM

Oct 2015
Lucifrost said:

Next episode should be where the alternative story really start.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2021 11:21 PM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
ixarising said:

Actually,

Well i suppose he just got frustrated with how the Japanese people in that world are slowly becoming self centered since the BETA war moved to Japan.
During the Gwangju operation, the COSEAN & UN forces were going to abandon the Korean civilians to die while they're retreating. Ayamine Shuukaku chose to protect the civilians instead of doing his mission. That doesn't mean it's right cause it incurred heavy casualties on the COSEAN & UN. But Sagiri was just disappointed with how the people blame the defeat solely on Ayamine Shuukaku, calling him a traitor etc. and started to harass his wife & daughter.
Nov 5, 2021 5:11 AM
Oct 2020
ixarising said:
dailybread said:

Well i suppose he just got frustrated with how the Japanese people in that world are slowly becoming self centered since the BETA war moved to Japan.
During the Gwangju operation, the COSEAN & UN forces were going to abandon the Korean civilians to die while they're retreating. Ayamine Shuukaku chose to protect the civilians instead of doing his mission. That doesn't mean it's right cause it incurred heavy casualties on the COSEAN & UN. But Sagiri was just disappointed with how the people blame the defeat solely on Ayamine Shuukaku, calling him a traitor etc. and started to harass his wife & daughter.

Define "self centered".
Nov 5, 2021 8:20 AM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
ixarising said:

Define "self centered".

ixarisingNov 5, 2021 8:30 AM
Nov 5, 2021 8:01 PM
Oct 2020
ixarising said:
dailybread said:

Define "self centered".

Shitgiri is shit
Nov 5, 2021 8:16 PM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
ixarising said:

Shitgiri is shit

That's because the VN didn't go any detail into it. The LN, Manga and other sources dwelled a bit into this part of Sagiri's history and the background to the events. The one i mention is what is going on is the background behind Sagiri's action.
Nov 5, 2021 9:13 PM
Oct 2020
ixarising said:
dailybread said:

Shitgiri is shit

That's because the VN didn't go any detail into it. The LN, Manga and other sources dwelled a bit into this part of Sagiri's history and the background to the events. The one i mention is what is going on is the background behind Sagiri's action.

Nov 5, 2021 9:38 PM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
ixarising said:

To be fair, what Sagiri did was required, i don't like him myself but

Nov 5, 2021 10:35 PM
Oct 2020
ixarising said:
dailybread said:

Nov 6, 2021 3:35 AM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
ixarising said:

You can choose not to, i can't force you. But there's lots of things the VN never answered.
Nov 6, 2021 3:59 AM
Oct 2020
ixarising said:
dailybread said:

You can choose not to, i can't force you. But there's lots of things the VN never answered.

Nov 6, 2021 4:24 AM
Mar 2012
Tama & dad quite funny. mc right choice to save him, but weird curvy spaceship.
Installing katana & boosters & city war tactics nicely animated.
Nov 6, 2021 7:43 AM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
ixarising said:

ixarisingNov 6, 2021 7:48 AM
Nov 6, 2021 10:34 AM
Oct 2020
ixarising said:
dailybread said:

Nov 6, 2021 4:52 PM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
ixarising said:

You can at least try to check. There's lots of info available now.
Nov 6, 2021 5:43 PM
Oct 2020
ixarising said:
dailybread said:

You can at least try to check. There's lots of info available now.

Nov 6, 2021 6:05 PM

Nov 2017
Not a bad episode really,I quite enjoyed watching that,though we'll see if it remains at the same level,gets better or gets worse.I particularly liked the animations on the outfitting/launching of the tsf's at the start of the mock battle.That was really well done.
One thing that is annoying me though,the ED sequence,I keep seeing bits in the animation that remind me a lot of the OP/ED sequence from Infinite Stratos,such as the bit at the end where Takeru looks up at the trail across the sky among other things.
Its really pissing me off for some reason!
StarhammerNov 6, 2021 6:12 PM
Nov 9, 2021 7:49 AM

Nov 2017
Not too bad. Undersecretary visit was funny and adapted relatively well. TSF stuff is the main priority for the staff since it looked good
Nov 9, 2021 10:39 AM
Jun 2016
This episode is a level higher than other episodes. It doesn't look like a very fast recap anymore and is relatively enjoyable to watch. And I really liked the moment with Tama's dad, good to finally see the conversation that wasn't much shorter of that in VN.
Nov 9, 2021 11:57 PM

Jul 2012
Lots of doomposting in this anime's discussion.

It has its flaws as an adaptation (particularly because it's following the manga instead of the VN, as seen by the cut content and extra little additions from it being in here), but the manga still got great later on, and this seem be getting better so far, the pacing got considerably better, and they are even speeding up conversations to make sure all of the info make the inside in one way or another, I much prefer that for such an infodumpy series than omitting them altogether.

So far it has definitely done with passion, not without its shortcomings in production though. Some people just decided it was RUINED!! from the moment it wasn't a perfect adaptation any longer, to me this sort of toxic channer mindset is just stupid, honestly.

Pleasantly surprised by both this and ep 4. I'm finally having high hopes for what is to come from this.

4/5
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

82 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 4:31 AM

» Why fans are OVERREACTING.?

Sandro8604 - Oct 14, 2021

46 by koneroko »»
Dec 27, 2022 4:09 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

45 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

44 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:44 PM

» There is no Muv Luv Alternative anime ( 1 2 )

OppaiSugoi - Oct 13, 2021

63 by ixarising »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.