Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2021 2:01 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverOct 23, 2021 2:25 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 23, 2021 4:39 AM
May 2011
Everything in this episode felt very arbitrary.
Oct 23, 2021 4:44 AM

Mar 2019
This is getting better. I feel the pace is quite fast, so this is probably ending in 12-13 episodes. Specially considering the amount of stuff they left unexplained after the first season and how almost everything is getting answered.

Every time Inu no Taishou shows up, I get hyped. He is just so cool. Also, I have the feeling that Sesshoumaru is actually just too lazy to kill Kirinmaru at this point. Either that or his daughters are already stronger than him in no time.

Was not expecting to see Inuyasha and Kagome and that made me cry. It's weird because even though they are not my favourite characters from the main franchise, I just kinda miss them after watching their story for almost 200 episodes.

So it is confirmed that Rin's time stopped at the age of 18. Will be really weird to see that now your daughters are just 4 years younger than you.

Also, judging by Inuyasha and Kagome's reaction, time flows differently there, so for them it might've been just a few days since they were captured.

As someone who is enjoying a lot, it is sad that everything is setting up to end in 13 episodes. Unless they have something prepared after Kirinmaru. If it is something they had prepared from the start and Kirinmaru is some kind of warm up, I wouldn't bother. Otherwise, let it end.
Oct 23, 2021 5:12 AM
May 2018
The episodes are getting more interesting this season. Finally moroha meets her parents I hope after this meeting she makes it her goal to save them since she seemed interested and even asked trikyo about them. It feels weird that sesshomaru for 14 years hasn't done anything to find a solution to save Rin he isnt the type to sit there and do nothing and wait for other for help come on they are making my man feel ooc. Although kagome and inuyasha arent even my favs from the original anime I'm glad we saw them I missed them but isnt kagome supposed to be in her late 30s by now how hasn't she aged a bit?? She still looks 15 I had the same thoughts when I saw miroku and sango both of them should be near their 40s so how do they still look 17? Like 1 day hasn't passed since then? Sunrise is being lazy with the character designs lmao. I'm glad setsuna my girl finally met her mother and wants to save her although it felt rushed I wanted better build up I wanted the girls to hear about 14 years ago and then see setsuna be conflicted about her emotions and see her character development because she didnt even care or accept towa at first who was her twin sister or even sesshomaru when she saw him and learned he is her father but she immediately cares for Rin? And lastly towa.... her entire personality seems to revolve around setsuna she replied she wanted to save setsuna but like what about for example about moroha?? Isnt she a dear friend who has been supporting you and helping you? Isnt she your cousin?? What about your adopted family arent they important to you?? At this point it feels towa will along with anything if setsuna tells her so. So far I like rion she is cute and seems like a good character I wonder what role she will play in the future. Overall I want to say I enjoyed the episode even if ik ranting here lmao I just wish the writers would execute their thoughts better as the ideas are nice and didnt rush things so much so that the events would make more sense and the writing didnt feel lazy
Oct 23, 2021 5:28 AM

Jul 2009
so the teacher is Kirinmaru's arm like Riku was his horn...interesting.

Inuyasha and Kagome got to get a glance of Moroha T_T
Oct 23, 2021 5:29 AM

Oct 2016
I'm assuming the backlash somehow reached the crew enough for them to recton Rin's age. Well it won't work for me, the age was not the problem anyways, it was the brooming.

The way the first season showed what happened between the two series made it seem like Rin was sealed inmediately after she gave birth, all of this seem to be another retcon, probably for the better but still not making sense.

According to the OG series, the Jikon no Tama is what was letting people travel in time, both seasons keep rewriting that however they please.

They rewrote this mount too. The barrier disappeared long time ago.

Remember when there was no way to reach Inu no Taisho's grave? Well tbf that was changed even in the original. But at least there it had a purpose, here it was just fanservice. HEY LOOK it's the people you'd like to see instead.

I like that they are fleshing out the characters BUT

Kirinmaru having a personal reason is fine, but he seemed to do it for his role as a guardian or w/e while also trying to save his own life. Now he seems to do that for petty reasons. Also for a guy that fears the prophecy, he sure lets the hamyou girls roam freely, even more if he was supposed to see everything that Riku sees from the very beginning.

Despite all that we're finally getting plot and characterization, so it's better than the last season.

Fail_Man_X said:

Yet people will fall for it and accept it at face value.
Oct 23, 2021 5:38 AM
Oct 2021
I truly liked this episode but I felt that so much stuff happened and there were no much context or a good foundation, you know? That episode should be like split in 3 or 4 with more deepness.
Oct 23, 2021 5:56 AM
Oct 2021
Annoying points:
*Rion was sealed lots of hundreds years ago, while Inu no Taisho was alive so how Jaken knows about her? Jaken starts to follow Seshoumaru when Inu no Taisho was already dead.
*Why Towa never mentioned Moroha as a precious person? Moroha always care so much for her and Setsuna.... the writers should care more about it.
*Why kirimmaru voice is inside of the tree of ages and in the barrier, both sacred places?
Oct 23, 2021 5:57 AM

Jul 2017
The whole stage of underage Rin giving birth to two children, and twins at that, still kinda irks, but IMO not so much.

The vendetta between the Great Dog-Demon and Kirinmaru is indeed an interesting footnote of history in this new sequel. To see Rion and the horn-birth Riku being tools for his personal grudges, Kirinmaru would go far to see results being achieved.

Meanwhile the half-demon trio are on their way to Mt. Musubi where evil lurks at every corner, and is where Rion resides. The barrier is a test to the twins, while Moroha meets Rion right where the Kyuyokon root is. I'd feel like she just got a good pass from Rion to see both Inuyasha and Kagome, and that's it for fanservice.

For Towa, it's the human world, where Moroha has to lead her out of the "dream" barrier, meeting Setsuna, where the Tree of Ages where time has stopped for her at 18 (where the seal stopped her from being degraded by Zero's Silver-Scale curse). Hmm, saving and unsealing Rin while easily acquiring the Kyuyokon root, the earn...kinda feels too easy.

For the real world Kirin-sensei, I really wanna know what's going on with his presence being an anomaly. But still, things are progressing and this is for the better.
CaptainKenshiro said:
Fail_Man_X said:
True that.
Oct 23, 2021 6:06 AM

Feb 2008
KANLen09 said:
The whole stage of underage Rin giving birth to two children, and twins at that, still kinda irks, but IMO not so much.

The vendetta between the Great Dog-Demon and Kirinmaru is indeed an interesting footnote of history in this new sequel. To see Rion and the horn-birth Riku being tools for his personal grudges, Kirinmaru would go far to see results being achieved.

Meanwhile the half-demon trio are on their way to Mt. Musubi where evil lurks at every corner, and is where Rion resides. The barrier is a test to the twins, while Moroha meets Rion right where the Kyuyokon root is. I'd feel like she just got a good pass from Rion to see both Inuyasha and Kagome, and that's it for fanservice.

For Towa, it's the human world, where Moroha has to lead her out of the "dream" barrier, meeting Setsuna, where the Tree of Ages where time has stopped for her at 18 (where the seal stopped her from being degraded by Zero's Silver-Scale curse). Hmm, saving and unsealing Rin while easily acquiring the Kyuyokon root, the earn...kinda feels too easy.

For the real world Kirin-sensei, I really wanna know what's going on with his presence being an anomaly. But still, things are progressing and this is for the better.
CaptainKenshiro said:
True that.

18 is not underage.
Oct 23, 2021 6:52 AM
Oct 2016
I'm about to start calling this chunk of episodes the answers arc since many of the things we've been puzzled about have been served up on a silver platter in the last episode and this one. The girls going into this mountain opened even more doors leading to answers. It started out almost like a trial for Towa and Setsuna. Testing them to see what they are willing to protect and what they're willing to let go of. Moroha having her spirit powers she wasnt effected by the mountains barrier. When she was flying through the barrier and finally saw her parents I did get a bit emotional. At least we know that Inuyasha and Kagome are doing ok and they know their daughter has grown up fine. Just need a full fledged reunion now. Towa being shown her old life in the modern age for what she has to let go of. Setsuna being shown her mother for what she has to protect. Its interesting getting Kirinmaru daughter Rion. Whom is on this mountain for some reason, the flashback to start this episode of Rion seeing her father lose to the great dog demon set her down the path to oppose her father. I'm glad that Rion has helped the girls and now they've been given the root they need to defeat Kirinmaru.
Oct 23, 2021 6:54 AM
Oct 2016
CaptainKenshiro said:
I'm assuming the backlash somehow reached the crew enough for them to recton Rin's age. Well it won't work for me, the age was not the problem anyways, it was the brooming.

The way the first season showed what happened between the two series made it seem like Rin was sealed inmediately after she gave birth, all of this seem to be another retcon, probably for the better but still not making sense.

According to the OG series, the Jikon no Tama is what was letting people travel in time, both seasons keep rewriting that however they please.

Remember when there was no way to reach Inu no Taisho's grave? Well tbf that was changed even in the original. But at least there it had a purpose, here it was just fanservice. HEY LOOK it's the people you'd like to see instead.

Kirinmaru having a personal reason is fine, but he seemed to do it for his role as a guardian or w/e while also trying to save his own life. Now he seems to do that for petty reasons. Also for a guy that fears the prophecy, he sure lets the hamyou girls roam freely, even more if he was supposed to see everything that Riku sees from the very beginning.

Despite all that we're finally getting plot and characterization, so it's better than the last season.

Fail_Man_X said:

If y'all don't like it so much then drop the show. You can't keep coming back each week just to complain. Move on.
Oct 23, 2021 7:40 AM

Oct 2016
Dukino said:
CaptainKenshiro said:

If y'all don't like it so much then drop the show. You can't keep coming back each week just to complain. Move on.

This is literally the first time I wrote on a Yashahime episodic discussion and every person has the right to comment regardless of their opinion.
Oct 23, 2021 8:10 AM

Nov 2017
SoraBarbara said:

*Why Towa never mentioned Moroha as a precious person? Moroha always care so much for her and Setsuna.... the writers should care more about it.

I was thinking about that, poor Moroha lmao
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Oct 23, 2021 8:11 AM

Nov 2017
Hayuume said:

As someone who is enjoying a lot, it is sad that everything is setting up to end in 13 episodes. Unless they have something prepared after Kirinmaru. If it is something they had prepared from the start and Kirinmaru is some kind of warm up, I wouldn't bother. Otherwise, let it end.

I wonder if this is the last season
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Oct 23, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Now that there is a plot and progression this anime is getting better. Not by much but better.

man I teared up a bit when Moroha saw Inuyasha and Kagome...pain.

Good episode though
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 23, 2021 9:45 AM

Mar 2019
MacchiaStella said:
Hayuume said:

I wonder if this is the last season

Judging by the fact that all what happened in this episode could pretty much be developed in around 3 to 4 episodes, I guess they will just rush it to end the story here, unless they suddenly change the pace like they did in first season to add more content.

Said that, slow development is usually backlashed with people calling it filler, so guess everyone would still complain about it anyway.
Oct 23, 2021 9:56 AM
Oct 2021
This was so cool! I definitely want moroha to see Inuyasha and Kagome again, and I can’t wait for a really good reunion
Oct 23, 2021 9:58 AM

Dec 2013
SoraBarbara said:

That was super mean, and just a few mins alter Moroha all worried about Towa and Setsuna, poor Moroha she always deserves better, at least she got to see her parents if just for a second.
Oct 23, 2021 10:20 AM

Oct 2016
Well people, tbf I'm not surprised of the daughters of Sesshomaru not considering the daughter of InuYasha a precious person.

Jokes aside, perhaps it's the girls sort of having a family of their own, while Moroha was always all alone thus she ends up caring about the others more easily and wants to be a family with them more than them (If I remember correctly this was actually stated back in season 1).
Oct 23, 2021 12:11 PM
Nov 2019
Was hoping more from the reunion between Moroha and her parents, but I feel like they're saving that for later. Seems like the girls actually have clear goals now which I felt was lacking in season 1.
Oct 23, 2021 2:13 PM
Mar 2015
here I thought we were going to get IY and Kagome and Rin freed Instread the trio became Rion's playmates
Oct 23, 2021 2:37 PM

Jun 2017
Omfg Moroha finally met her parents. Actually, everyone met their parent. xd

Rion seems like an interesting addition but it sure does feel like she was pulled out of nothing suddenly, she is not cool with his dad apparently so I wonder what's the backstory on that.

It's also pretty interesting that Kirinmaru now has two "versions" of him, Riku betrayed him ofc but I wonder what's the end game of the "arm".
Oct 23, 2021 5:15 PM
Apr 2021
I really enjoyed the first season of Yashahime but season two looks like it’s going to be even better! The episode for next week looks really good as well, Moroha was so close to meeting mommy and daddy. I hope when they all come together it will be a really great and impactful moment. I also was not expecting the freaking teacher to be the beast kings hand like wtf he better not hurt grandpa Hirgurashi or Sota. This show is really getting interesting in this second season.
majin_mark505Oct 23, 2021 5:18 PM
Oct 23, 2021 7:50 PM

Jun 2019
Now this is starting to feel like a proper and more worthy sequel. This season just keeps getting better and better by the episode; it's shaping up to be and looks like it will continue to go in the direction of becoming a lot better than the first season.

I'm beginning to think this series should have had the Mystery genre tag added from the start, because the story is constructed in such a way - the backstory around Kirinmaru and his daughter as well as Riku and Zero, Inuyasha and Kagome's seal, Rin's seal and role of the Goshinboku and its personification, Kirinmaru possibly time traveling or splitting his body/consciousness to exist in two different planes of time at once and assuming the identity of the modern era teacher, etc. - all makes it so that the first season is almost exclusively build-up and a deliberate amount of distractions/padding/wheel-spinning/obfuscation to get us to this point.

I don't mind meandering pacing at all. In fact, it's one of the most frequent complaints people raise with the original series of Inuyasha and it's one which I completely reject and disagree with. I think sometimes the so-called "filler" is equally as good or even greater than the central plot-centric episodes since it provides so much time to explore the characterization of the main crew. But I didn't think the new main crew (Towa, Setsuna, and Moroha) was well-developed in season one at all, either internally as individuals or in their relationship dynamics with each other, and that lacking characterization made watching season one week to week more often than not disappointing. Towa was just the generic insert plain Jane protagonist, Setsuna was just younger female Sesshomaru, and Moroha was just underutilized comic relief.

But now, things seem to be finally changing in a positive manner. There is still a lot of internal and interpersonal development to go, but the bond of the sisters is growing and even of the cousins, Moroha is serving a purpose other than being the punchline to some joke, etc. It's progress.

When all is said and done and this series is concluded, I think it's one that when I look back in retrospect I'll realize I would probably have enjoyed it a lot more (at least the first half; I'm enjoying where we're currently at a great deal) if I waited until it finished airing and watched it at my leisure and pacing of my choosing. I couldn't imagine watching Inuyasha weekly either and thankfully didn't have to contend with that since I didn't watch it until 16 years after it premiered.

I would still say that the first 24 episodes of Inuyasha are dramatically better than the first 24 episodes of Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - as in, like not even close. So it isn't that watching all at once versus weekly is the only factor, but it's a relevant one for controlling the experience for a series like this.

I never once thought of Inuyasha as a mystery series; it seemed like the only genre it didn't really have or play up among the many it did (although looking back on it, I guess in the first season/first 24 - 26 episodes or so, formation of the main party with Kagome and Inuyasha, Shippo, Miroku, Sango, and the role and involvement of Naraku and Kikyo was kind of drip-fed and spread out), but this definitely seems like at least light mystery was a major current from the outset and it will end up making all the previous episodes of the first season seem more in place and have more value and enjoyability to the whole story retroactively.

Inuyasha was a more classic adventure. This has been heavily preoccupied with getting to the bottom of riddles whose secrets lie in the past, like it's acknowledged that the majority of the most important events in the story happened offscreen and took place before the series began. Of course the past of 50 years ago was critical in Inuyasha as well, but it's not to the same degree. I think the first season would have been better regarded and rated more highly if there was more clear communication from the outset about what type of series this would be. It was easy to feel jerked around and not enticed by the brief cameos of Inuyasha, Kagome, and some of the other original characters in the first season and view it more as a marketing ploy, thinking the story wouldn't have anything to do with them and just be something totally unrelated.

I still don't think this is or will ever come close to measuring up to the sheer grand scale, intricate character focus, and just epic dramatic intensity of the original Inuyasha, but honestly, that's an unreasonable and unrealistic ask, in my opinion, and that's fine. Sequels and spinoffs are almost universally inferior. I just wanted it to be a worthy enough one and the second season is making that more likely than the first thus far.

Does anyone know if this has been either rumored or confirmed to be around the same length as the first season and have at least 24 - 26 episodes? It would be very nice and even more intriguing as to the directions they could take this in with a longer length (longer than a lot of modern shows get) and if we had at least a nice 50 episode series at the end of this.
WatchTillTandavaOct 23, 2021 8:12 PM
Nov 1, 2021 9:25 PM

Jul 2008
Okay the pacing is much better, I feel like the plot is moving with each episode now...much better.

And if you blinked you missed the Inuyasha and Kagome cameo...they seem happy after being sealed away for 14 years.
Mar 27, 2022 2:29 AM

Oct 2017
Moroha saw Inuyasha and Kagome, that was great. Waiting for their reunion.
Apr 9, 2022 10:02 AM

May 2020
I wonder if from Kagome and Inuyasha's perspective, they haven't been there for very long ? Seems like it, although they didn't seem very surprised that their baby girl looks like a teenager now. Still, nice that they got to see each other, even if it was for a brief moment.

Overall, the first four episodes of this season have blown most of S1 out of the water. It wasn't a high bar to clear but they managed, so it's been awesome. Mr Kirin is interesting and I wonder what he meant when he said things were changing. Hopefully interesting things await.
May 22, 2022 10:04 PM

Mar 2014
Ok things are going so fast I'm getting whiplash. At least among all these sudden developments (which is already way more than what happened in most of season 1), I was able to have the lightbulb moment and figure out that Mr. Kirin in the future is his severed arm. Him mentioning that the bone eater's well is missing and gramps not recognizing the "Shikon jewel charms" now has me worried that "the butterfly effect" is finally happening... does this mean that unlike Kagome getting to choose to stay in the past, Towa's choice in the end will be much more permanent?

I sincerely hope time works differently inside that pearl because I really don't want to imagine Inuyasha and Kagome just wandering around trapped for 14 years. I don't know why her arrow and Tessaiga "reacted" to each other but I guess it was a plot convenience so she'd be able to catch a glimpse of her parents on the way by.

The community reaction to all the plot inconsistencies are really making this season a wild ride.

This retcon is even better when you realize Moroha's clipping through the bed in this shot:
May 23, 2022 5:33 PM

Nov 2010
So that guy is Kirinmaru's arm. That solves that mystery. I initially thought it was Kirinmaru or Riku time traveling or something.

Rion is super cute! I wish I have a companion like her that stays young like that forever. hehe
Sep 2, 2022 1:57 PM

Apr 2012
So the hair colour was a giveaway after all, eh.
EratiKSep 14, 2022 2:37 PM
Sep 3, 2022 8:18 PM

Mar 2009
They must've fired the writers from the first season or something. This has been decent so far.
Feb 13, 2023 10:15 PM

Jan 2018
The opening narration is back eh?

Kirinmaru brought his daughter along to his fight with Inu no Taisho? Did he want to look cool in front of his daughter or something? Too bad he was humiliated in front of her.

Moroha caught a glimpse of her parents... Seems like we'll have to wait a bit before they properly meet each other.

Kirin-sensei turned out to be Kirinmaru's arm? Does he communicate with Kirinmaru somehow?

Man, this episode was kind of a mess. It confused tf out of me. That's what happens when you dump too much info in a short amount of time. I have no idea what's supposed to happen in the next episodes.
Apr 2, 2023 4:28 AM

Apr 2013
I guess my mind went somewhere else while watching this, because I did not quite understand why Moroha sudenly flew through the great dog demon's graveyard O_O
Mar 21, 1:18 AM

Jun 2020
Another good episode. This is how every episode should be. Revealing events from the past and moving things along.

Kirinmaru knew so much more than he was letting on, and I'm sure it's all thanks to Riku. He somehow found out about the well's connection to the present day. So he threw his arm in there and now Osamu Kirin exists in the present as a result. So now he's planning something that will also cause calamity in the present.

All this because he holds a grudge lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.