Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2022 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverFeb 26, 2022 1:33 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 26, 2022 4:30 AM
Oct 2016
A true group effort to stop the comet from effecting the modern world. The girls and Kirin all unleashing attacks to stop this crazy huge comet. All the attacks looked really good and the animation even seemed to step up during some moments. I loved seeing them all come together as a team trying to stop this thing. Towa especially stepping up trying to absorb all the crazy demon energy from the comet. Putting aside her personal safety to try and save everyone with it nearly being too much for her to handle. Kirin still hearing Kirinmaru voice and taking the comet directly to him does make me worried. He seemed like a good guy these past few episodes but now idk, why would he take the comet to Kirinmaru. Rion and Riku are still trying to help from their end but with the girls stuck in the modern age I'm not sure how they'll be able to link back up with everyone else.
Feb 26, 2022 6:02 AM

Feb 2011
I feel like the creator had like.. 10 ideas on how to end this series, and couldn't decide how to actually end it so they merged all of them into one melting pot idea and it seems pretty badly pulled off.

It'll be fun to see what Kirin does in the feudal era, and how the comet is taken care of.. and how the girls are currently stuck

but it seemed like a hot mess. The golden apple/seed thing seemed like a really round about garbage idea (who keeps an apple seed on them??)

Towa constanly using the zanseiken even though everyone is telling her its a bad thing is getting old. She's my least favorite character... i think ever. Towa is truly unlikable.

hopefully my man crush sesshomaru gets his sh#t back together tho, tired of seeing him beaten up

Feb 26, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
The Grim Comet has reached both the Feudal Era and the modern world, and both Kirin Osamu and the half-demon princesses find themselves protecting Japan against the onslaught of demons, as well as Inuyasha and the others protecting the Feudal Era.

It's been awhile since Sango's Black Hiraikotsu was used in action, and it was pretty much more of the same. But the focus is pretty much in Japan, where one by one, the collective efforts pay off...to a small extent. By a large one, [i]Zanseiken[i] works like Miroku's Wind Tunnel (which why I didn't realize before), and Towa sacrificed enough of her Kon for a super strong counter, yet at the close expense of losing her demon energy.

I'd say that Osamu definitely was way OP enough to stop the Grim Comet, and Towa, just listen to everyone that [i]Zanseiken[i] has to be discarded, but thankfully Osamu took it off of her hands to bring it all back to the Feudal Era to push back Kirinmaru. Though how he'd deal with the parent figure is still up for debate.

Unfortunately with Akuru's Pinwheel used, the half-demon princesses can't go back to the Feudal Era, so what's the next step?
Feb 26, 2022 8:53 AM

Dec 2013
It was pretty nice to see the new and old generation kicking butt this episode, and Kirin is such a weirdo, I like Rion a lot she is so full of determination.
Feb 26, 2022 9:49 AM
Apr 2021
They were all doin the most to stop the Grim Comet, Towa, Setsuna, Moroha, and Kirin were putting in work!

I still have no idea why tf we didn’t get a Yashahime episode last week which was pretty gay honestly…

Overall enjoyable episode, I hope Sesshomaru and Inuyasha survive when this show is all said and done

Excited to see where all these lovable characters end up
Feb 26, 2022 10:47 AM
Nov 2019
Genuinely baffled that it took the girls as long as it did to register that "destroy all the demons" meant exactly that. Surely there were better ways to write that scene. And I know this series never really dwelled much on how time travel works, but surely dropping the comet in the feudal era should have some impact on the present, right?

I liked seeing Miroku and Sango's family fighting demons together, but i do wish the series had done more with them. Especially Sango, I wish we got to see her make her weapon the way we got Miroku's training.
Feb 26, 2022 11:59 AM

Jan 2008
Miroku and Sango wearing their old garbs makes them look like they haven't aged a single day...well, maybe except for the two tiny lines under Miroku's eyes. I wish they kept his air down or something to make him seem a bit more different than his Inuyasha days, just to shake things up a little. Sango still looking as great as ever, and with a brand new overpowered enchanted black Hiraikotsu that makes demons explode on contact like in the Gundam series. Not sure if "Black Hiraikotsu" is the correct or best translation for "Shikoku" though.

From the preview, looks like the trio are going to make it back somehow, but will likely never be able to return to the present? That sucks if true. One of the reasons why I loved the Inuyasha prequel was because Kagome was able to go back whenever she wanted with the bone-eater well, and occasionally Inuyasha will cross over too, to have fun adventures in the modern world. Because this way, they could keep it open-ended for any future continuations/seasons if they choose to do so, since we're dangerously close to season two ending, with what...5 episodes left? That handful of episodes will be come before you know it. But I don't know how things will go now that the windmill of time and pinwheel are both destroyed.
Feb 26, 2022 1:27 PM

Sep 2018
This show's story is a fucking joke. Has been from the beginning, but it's become apparent from this episode that the endgame is also going to be a stupid, nonsensical mess. I see no outcome of this story that is in any way a good ending.

On the plus side, the animation this episode was looking really good in some scenes.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Feb 26, 2022 5:49 PM

Jan 2009
While I've been enjoying the latest batch of episodes I'm kinda scratching my head at this one.

Starting off with the girls getting to do things but then the comet just recovers and Towa nukes it solo so it doesn't really feel like Setsuna or Moroha really mattered... I know she's the protag but god do I hate that, the only one of the bunch that's really unlikable but she has to shine above because she's unfortunately the face of the show.

Anyhow, Kirin's strength also just feels like too hard of a swerve and kind of a joke. I've been liking him but I'm not sure how that'll last. Kirinmaru on the other hand has been more of a loser this season, none of his underlings really have his back and he's gotten rather erratic this season when he used to be more level-headed, trying to reign his sister in from needless conflicts. He used to want fair fights but then he's holding the Black Pearl hostage... he's just gone really downhill and I don't really see the *why* of it all.

4kicks said:
From the preview, looks like the trio are going to make it back somehow, but will likely never be able to return to the present? That sucks if true. One of the reasons why I loved the Inuyasha prequel was because Kagome was able to go back whenever she wanted with the bone-eater well, and occasionally Inuyasha will cross over too, to have fun adventures in the modern world. Because this way, they could keep it open-ended for any future continuations/seasons if they choose to do so, since we're dangerously close to season two ending, with what...5 episodes left? That handful of episodes will be come before you know it. But I don't know how things will go now that the windmill of time and pinwheel are both destroyed.

Honestly the Kagome+Inuyasha modern era episodes were 100% my favourite part of Inuyasha that really kept me coming back, which is why I was kinda saddened by the Final Act decision for Kagome to decide to live in feudal era to begin with... and then Yashahime ditching the Bone Eater Well altogether when its temporary disappearance was already wonderfully handled in the Final Act ending (... twice technically), and it doesn't feel like it had a purpose when the show's just using other means for time travel instead.

But yeah I've significantly missed those modern eps and I hope Inuyasha+Kagome could see the family again.
Feb 27, 2022 9:21 AM

Sep 2011
It was a nice episode. Moroha is cute as always <3

BTW, do you think there will be another season after this one?
Feb 27, 2022 10:07 AM
Mar 2015
Kirnn returns the comet to the feudal era to rearm Kiramaru
Feb 27, 2022 9:26 PM
Oct 2021
I’m sorry but kaede telling inuyasha and kagome not to push themselves at their age literally sent me
Mar 4, 2022 3:23 PM

Jun 2019
majin_mark505 said:
I still have no idea why tf we didn’t get a Yashahime episode last week which was pretty gay honestly…

It airs early in the morning in Japan and was postponed for coverage of the Beijing Winter Olympics.
Mar 11, 2022 12:20 PM

Jul 2008
Well that was.....nuts.
Apr 10, 2022 8:03 AM

May 2020
Kirin is a really entertaining character. Such a shame he wasn't in this more. Last bit of animation of him stopping the Comet was pretty good.

Also, seriously Towa, stop using the sword that has almost killed you twice.
May 24, 2022 2:08 PM

Nov 2010
They are preserving the wrong timeline IMO. All those modern era "beauty" destroyed fields of trees, flowers, coral reefs, etc. and global warming is worse than ever before. Watching 30 mins of world news makes me lose my faith in humanity.

The feudal era is the lesser evil and must be preserved. At least human population is kept at a manageable level(around 500 million or so) and the biggest cities of that era didn't contribute much to the destruction of nature. Also, the simple life of the past is so much better than the current high stress life of modern society. I wish the world stayed feudal forever.
Mar 4, 2023 10:09 PM

Jan 2018
It was cool to see the Inuyasha gang slaying demons in the Sengoku period. Sango with the Black Hiraikotsu is badass.

Ngl, the Kirin "POWER!!!" scene went hard.

But WTF was the ending? I have no idea WTF is going on anymore. What the hell is Kirin's motive? I don't understand.
Apr 11, 2023 8:30 AM

Apr 2013
Somehow this story is really hard to be invested in. I mean Kirinmaru and Inuyasha can just destroy the comet now, done.
Mar 29, 3:17 AM

Jun 2020
Sango and Miroku haven't aged a bit. At first I thought they did look a but more mature when they first appeared in this series, but now that they are wearing their old outfits again, it's like they came straight out of Inuyasha.

Anyway, it looks like this is becoming a bit more of a mess of a finale. Destroying the comet should've been problem solved, but for some reason, Kirin decides to take it back to feudal era, so now both the feudal era and the modern era are in danger.

So what was even the point of all that, then? Smh
Apr 6, 8:56 PM
Jan 2012
Good ambiance. Liked of sword effects

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 18 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 5, 2022

17 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.