Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2008 10:34 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now things are getting interesting. I still don't quite understand Fakir. Now that I know he's the one that shattered Mytho's heart I want to know why.

Rue is definitely being manipulated. It would seem the Raven is in complete control whenever she's Kraehe however his influence looks rather weak. It's only the second time Kraehe has made an appearance and once again it wasn't long before that control lapsed and she was questioning who she was.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 5, 2008 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
the voice aside, the masked dude is cool xD
Aug 14, 2008 8:21 AM

May 2008
Ah, I get it now.
Kraehe is spawned from Rue's jealousy.
I should have known.

This is the key I was curious about, what motivation created Rue to go from more understanding than Fakir, to a mirror antagonist of Ahiru. I knew there had to be some sort of trigger there. Also, it doesn't seem to be entirely a part of her personality like a subconscious, but more a possessive soul that exploits her.

I knew she couldn't be that bad, but still. I don't understand her being ok with Mytho as a mere doll. Doesn't it suck to love someone who can't love you back?
Then again, it seemed like she was finally starting to realize that.

And I can't believe I saw Fakir say something positive about princess tutu. I still don't understand his positive feelings about keeping Mytho as basically a zombie. And then wanting to break it apart again? What the hell is wrong with him?

And why does he want to fight Kraehe if he's no better?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 14, 2008 10:54 AM

Feb 2007
ukonkivi said:
Ah, I get it now.
Kraehe is spawned from Rue's jealousy.
I should have known.

This is the key I was curious about, what motivation created Rue to go from more understanding than Fakir, to a mirror antagonist of Ahiru. I knew there had to be some sort of trigger there. Also, it doesn't seem to be entirely a part of her personality like a subconscious, but more a possessive soul that exploits her.

I knew she couldn't be that bad, but still. I don't understand her being ok with Mytho as a mere doll. Doesn't it suck to love someone who can't love you back?
Then again, it seemed like she was finally starting to realize that.

And I can't believe I saw Fakir say something positive about princess tutu. I still don't understand his positive feelings about keeping Mytho as basically a zombie. And then wanting to break it apart again? What the hell is wrong with him?

And why does he want to fight Kraehe if he's no better?

All will become clear in the second half of the series.
Jun 22, 2009 11:46 AM

Jun 2008
This is the episode where we find out that Fakir is into ducks :O

I'm pretty sure that he didn't pronounce that German part right but it still sounded cool.
Sep 3, 2009 11:39 PM

Jul 2008
hirahira said:
I'm pretty sure that he didn't pronounce that German part right but it still sounded cool.
Lol, I appreciate it more than hearing Engrish.

BEGINNER
Jan 25, 2010 5:59 AM

Oct 2009
Aw, I wanted more of Fakir with the mask on. He left the sword too...things are getting more complex. I'm wondering how many more feelings there are.
Feb 22, 2010 6:51 PM

Feb 2010
This is getting more interesting and complex. So many questions... I know they'll be answered in time... but I want answers now. Haha.

All characters seem to make a lot of sense except for Fakir... his actions and his feelings seem to be clashing.

Time will tell...
MusashiRoseFeb 22, 2010 7:28 PM
Mar 8, 2010 9:25 PM

Feb 2008
tainteddonut said:
Now things are getting interesting. I still don't quite understand Fakir. Now that I know he's the one that shattered Mytho's heart I want to know why.

They explained it at the beginning. of the episode, it was to bring peace to the land by ending the fight between him and the raven.

tainteddonut said:
Rue is definitely being manipulated. It would seem the Raven is in complete control whenever she's Kraehe however his influence looks rather weak. It's only the second time Kraehe has made an appearance and once again it wasn't long before that control lapsed and she was questioning who she was.

its influence is weak because the prince's heart is still mostly fragmented, as it grows stronger, so too will the raven. which may be the death of the Rue personality. Though I think its more likely that the fragments of Rue within the raven will play an important role during the final confrontation.
May 27, 2012 8:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
hirahira said:
This is the episode where we find out that Fakir is into ducks :O

Lol. So true.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 3, 2012 10:35 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, this is getting pretty fascinating. I'm liking the main cast, but I suppose Fakir is the one I'm most intrigued by.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 30, 2012 10:35 PM

Oct 2011
haha i like fakir so much!!!!
mytho is kinda cute to i guess
Jan 23, 2013 10:57 AM
Sep 2011
Well, this anime is walking on the highway of the best anime. It is clear as crystal water.
Dec 26, 2014 9:48 PM

Feb 2014
Ooh the story's getting deep! Looks like Rue is having trouble because she doesn't know that she's Princess Kraehe. I'm also surprised that Fakir didn't really do anything once Mytho said he wasn't going to pierce his heart. And poor Princess Tutu, scared to confess to Mytho :( She never really told him her true identity.

Welp, Princess Kraehe's dress is...kinda skimpy o_o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2017 3:44 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm hmm. The intros are contradicting themselves now. At first it was said that the prince shattered his own heart; now it is said that his friend and his sword turned against him "for [the prince's] sake" and "for the sake of peace" respectively. How reliable is the narrator?

I can't say Fakir is a good guy for certain, but I do think he at least has good intentions. He was prepared to fight Princess Kraehe, an apparent manifestation of the Raven, even before turning his attention to Mytho and Tutu. I think that's significant in at least making his ultimate allegiances clear, whether or not what he's doing right now is right.

As for Mytho, he made his decision for himself. Any pain that may come... Fakir doesn't need to blame himself for it.

That's a pretty crazy sword, btw.
Jul 17, 2017 9:14 AM

Mar 2017
The plot thickens! I can't wait to finally see all their motives etc. explained. And I still hope we get at the very least a bittersweet ending... knowing this is inspired by fairy tales, that's probably the best we're going to get.
Jun 30, 2019 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
man, this show is fantastic! I only heard of it because someone on Twitter was slamming madoka and saying magical girl shows like this are underappreciated. It's only episode 8 but if the show maintains this quality I'd have to agree.
Jul 29, 2019 6:12 PM

Jul 2016
Definitely the turning point for the series as a whole. This one was dark compared to the rest, and for reason. God, and I love how I am being mindfucked right now, barely knowing what is happening here. I wonder if the author is the controller of the crows, and if Fakir is actually a good guy. All I know for now is that the other princess is being controlled by an entity, and he might be the author.

Best scene in this one has to be the one where Fakir slaps Myuto. Intense.
Jul 2, 2020 9:31 PM

May 2013
Perhaps Fakir believes his toxic and controlling relation with Mytho is justified because the Prince - who currently does not remember who he was or why he lost his heart - maybe most dearly wanted to seal away the Raven/bring peace and was the one who chose to shatter his heart, and Fakir carried it out. Fakir seems so loyal and defensive of the Prince, this is just my guess but perhaps Fakir is carrying out the strong desire of Mytho from before. And reforming his heart looks to unleash the Raven once more. So despite all the pain and isolation (or perhaps more accurately, lack thereof - his stasis), perhaps Fakir is unwavering in his duty to keep the Raven sealed away and the final wish of Mytho enforced.
Jul 6, 2021 9:23 AM

May 2020
I really like it when the narrator in the beginning of each episode says "Mukashi, Mukashi" but she only said it once this episode so boo. I also like that the stories she's narrating give hints to the plot of the episode and the story in general.

Mytho finally grows some balls and stands up to Fakir, so that was nice to see.

Also I just noticed it in this episode,

Duck -> Ahiru -> Tutu
Crow/Raven -> Rue -> Kraehe

I don't know if it makes much sense or not but it just seems pretty similar to me.
Dec 29, 2022 10:31 PM
Apr 2020
WONDERFUL AS ALWAYS! Both the aesthetics and the soundtrack give the episode a deeper atmosphere. Aside from the fact that the story continues to amaze me from the very first episode.
Feb 21, 7:07 PM
Feb 2021
I LOVED how dramatic this was. So exciting and enchanting like watching a real ballet!♡♡♡

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 15 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 30, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Apr 21, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 13 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 14, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 26, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Awesmoe - Apr 3, 2008

143 by WisperG »»
Mar 21, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 12 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 13, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 10, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 12, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 25, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.