Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Sep 23, 2021 6:04 AM

Jul 2012
One hell of a tease on that last scene. Alright episode, can't help but be irritated at Takemichi's lack of awareness and how the timetravelling supposedly works considering it only affects his memories when it's convenient but anyway.
First half of the season was really enjoyable, sadly can't say the same about the whole Valhalla arc (and im not talking about animation problems here, it honestly didn't bother me).
Was a solid 8 at first then dropped to a low 7 and ending up around 7.5 but I'll give it the benefit of doubt and up it to an 8 (for Chifuyu only), for now at least.
-miraiiSep 23, 2021 6:14 AM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Sep 23, 2021 12:13 PM

Nov 2014
Technically that was a great cliffhander. But I hate it so much lol.
Hopefully there will be S2 soon. While I sure enjoyed this anime (despite many annyoing details), I don't think I will bother coming back for sequel in few years.

As for criticism: there are way too many cringy and awkward moments with Takemichi being too oblivious - or maybe just watchers getting too much info comapred to him. Either way it's not fun to watch him being a clown over and over again. It can be funny once, not every damn episode. Same with his crying, with his monologues and him being unreasonably weak for how many fights he's been in. Ofc, it's "just a shounen", but I can name tons of better shounen protagonists, who are actual kids at that.

On the other hand there were other characters who made up for it. I find most of the cast interesting. Just not Mikey, he is annoying with his god-like presence and power.
Still, plot itself is fun and I'd like to see how it develops - and hopefully ends.
JustAnotherShiroSep 23, 2021 12:18 PM
Sep 23, 2021 4:41 PM

Aug 2021
Mmmmm well,
Takemichi became First Squad Captain, that was something unexpected. I thought he'll become the Deputy Captain or something else like that...

Kisaki got so serious, he killed Chifuyu and Takemichi without any hesitation. I wonder what will happen to Takemichi after his death? Is he going back to the past or what?

The ending really amazed me, It made me raise my rating of it...
I really wonder where Naoto was, didn't he meet him before in that future? And what happened to Hinata?

Sep 24, 2021 3:43 AM
Sep 2020
I've watched every episode and decided to vote and comment on the last episode... Every episode are amazing. It hurts how everything hanagaki worked out does all into something much more painful than the previous one. This anime taught me that before you changed something you have to know the main reason why it's like that. Great anime. Hope it'll have a season 2.
Sep 24, 2021 9:36 AM

May 2018
Can someone explain to me why Kisaki Tetta was crying as he shot Takemitchy? I don't get it. Shouldn't he be jumping for joy?

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Sep 24, 2021 12:47 PM
Jun 2021
I'm so confused and also intrigued. Can't wait for season 2!
Sep 24, 2021 3:57 PM

Sep 2015
Just wow. I'm definitely considering picking up the manga now, that's for sure.
Sep 25, 2021 1:32 AM

Dec 2016
A cliffhanger like this is not fair....

There is no way Takemitchi would be dead just like that so I'm guessing someone saves him.

The outcome the bloody Halloween had to the future is definitely a badnews in a different way. They seem like a high class yakuza now.

Just what is Kisaki's motive. I feel like all he wants is to just be a super rich yakuza leader.

Anyway, I enjoyed it even though there were moments where I couldn't bare Takemitchi's stupidity. But they did a good thing for not making Takemitchi a typical perfect strong mc.

The gunshots and stabs where quite realistic that it also gave me the shivers.

Can't wait to know what happens after that especially why Kisaki called Takemitchi his hero. I hope it receives a 2nd season soon.

Overall 7/10
Sep 26, 2021 3:43 AM

Mar 2013
That was a pretty fun ride. The end is a scene where he will probably die a 2nd time or probably not, I can't wait what will happen next. Will he time leap again? Will he finally understand his true prowess... I don't know...

While this episode portrays a scene where he is finally one of the top executives, it's weird that he can't even recall the memories of every timeline he spawned into and is a disadvantage to him. He needs information but always lacks it every time leap since his present or future are always changing.

8/10.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 26, 2021 8:47 AM

Nov 2013
i literally choked at the ending, what ahppend?? i have so many questions aaaaaa this was a whole mindblow i need to start reading the manga asap
Sep 26, 2021 10:30 AM

Apr 2017
3/10...fuck takebitchi
Sep 27, 2021 1:29 PM
Nov 2020
Best cliffhanger in the season, I hope the story gets better and better as it has been until now!!
Sep 28, 2021 12:54 PM

Feb 2021
Where is announcement for the next season??
Sep 30, 2021 6:38 PM
Oct 2017
Awesome series but the MC I utterly hate Mfker cries for every shit cause of him I cannot rate this a 10 star so 9/10
Sep 30, 2021 10:38 PM

Aug 2018
...AHHHHHH!!!
Well, it's over.
It was cool the anime, that it ended like this means there will be another one right?...RIGHT??!!
But well, very good Tokyo Revengers
Oct 1, 2021 4:04 PM

Aug 2013
Ah haven't cringed like that in a while...
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Oct 2, 2021 9:00 AM

Aug 2011
Takemichi always dumb as bricks. I wonder how they will explain him doing nothing for 12 years to get rid of Kisaki. Also, Baji didn't say jack shit to anyone else about his whole reason for "betraying" Toman... even in his dying breath, he could have told the important leaders in Toman about Kisaki but instead told Takemichi of all people.

Still a fun ride and premise. And the Toman uniforms are ballin.
Oct 3, 2021 4:36 AM
Jun 2019
Holy what an ending! My heart is racing and I was breathing hard towards the end. Easily the best anime this past season. God what a cliffhanger too I very well might need to dive into the manga at this point absolutely phenomenal show. It would be a crime not to get a season 2 at this point. I'm so excited for what's next
Oct 4, 2021 12:39 PM

Mar 2019
Oh boy, that was one hell of a butler cliffhanger. It's obvious Takemichi didn't die, otherwise the series would be over, but damn, what did Kisaki mean by "hero".

Anyway, didn't expect this, Takemichi looks so different and weird and also Chifuyu!!! He's great, sad that he had to die at the end. There were 2 important new characters presented at the end and they seem interesting. Most people from the past are also there, except the 2 most important guys, Mikey and Draken which are gone for some reason. Draken is dead and Mikey has disappeared, we don't know why. Weird to see Takemichi's friends as his helpers, but where was Akkun, and what happened to Hina?! Have they still died the same way as last time? Also what's Takamichi's relationship with Naoto now that he's in the upper-echelon.

I can't say that I loved this or that it was as good as JJK was last year as the "shounen of the year" cause those would be an obvious lie, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was 10 episodes ago. There were so many problems, from the random, out-of-nowhere jokes that came after really serious moments to some really dumb plot armor moments, like Mikey getting hit in the head with a metal pipe so many times, but still being able to do stuff like before and lifting an older guy's leg with his own one. All this time-travel stuff was also not explained at all really. The last episodes were nice with Baji. Not a bad anime but not a great one either for me.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 7, 2021 9:19 AM
Dec 2014
This was a lot of fun to watch... Yeah its definitely not a perfect show but I was completely addicted to the characters from start to finish. Particularly Draken and Mikey <33

I'm still really sad that they killed off Baji while the MC just stood there watching and crying for most of the time.

Really curious as to where the plot is heading next. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of dissatisfaction with our MC being a captain considering he's weak as hell.

I would say this is a borderline 7/8.
Oct 7, 2021 11:01 PM

Nov 2013
I dunno about this one.. the character designs remind me of Archie and Jughead duking it out in Tokyo. And that ending.. was that an ending? I guess the moral is "don't be a delinquent in a gang-you will die in the end."
Oct 8, 2021 12:55 PM

Apr 2017
AAAAA WHY DOES IT END LIKE THIS??? I WANT TO KNOW WHAT COMES NEXT!! T-T
Oct 14, 2021 3:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That alternate timeline is totally different but damn ending it with that kind of cliffhanger with Kisaki is really criminal to be honest... kinda stupid plot overall but sure very entertaining, especially thanks to the characters
Oct 23, 2021 8:16 AM

Oct 2020
WHY DID IT END LIKE THAT 😭 it was really good tho but now I gotta read the manga lmfao
Oct 23, 2021 3:17 PM

Jul 2008
Holy shit that's how you end the show?!?!

9/10 for a ballsy choice....but man there better be a season 2.
Oct 24, 2021 6:58 AM

Jun 2009
So yeah, this ended up being quite the disappointment. The rules for the time travel hardly made any sense and most importantly Takemichi fucking SUCKS.

6/10, would not watch another season.
Oct 26, 2021 7:04 AM

Oct 2009
That was quite the twist.

It was decent show, not sure why it was so hyped up though.
Some good characters, and the twist's with each time travel have been pretty good.

Biggest complaint would Takemichi, every time he seems to have growth and moved forward, he just keeps going back to being a whiney cry baby, really reminded me of Sakura from Naruto, most of the time just screams some ones name and stands there without doing anything about it. Really having a hard time on cheering him on.

Anyways that ending got me real curious, so I am looking forward to a season 2!

7/10
Oct 27, 2021 11:04 AM

Nov 2012
Kisaki calling him My Hero in the last scene was a great touch, hope we get a S2 announcement soon, if not I might have to pick up the manga.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Oct 27, 2021 8:37 PM
Jul 2017
I enjoyed watching this anime! The Opening Theme and Ending Themes were so good! That cliffhanger though. . .
Oct 29, 2021 6:39 PM
Jun 2020
As someone who hasn't read the manga, I enjoyed the hell our of this series. But the ending is such a cliffhanger. I wanna wait for a season 2 announcement though. And if it doesn't happen during the next 2 years then I'll pick up the manga.
Oct 29, 2021 6:40 PM
Jun 2020
As someone who hasn't read the manga, I enjoyed the hell our of this series. But the ending is such a cliffhanger. I wanna wait for a season 2 announcement though. And if it doesn't happen during the next 2 years then I'll pick up the manga.
Nov 1, 2021 7:02 PM

Feb 2018
This was probably the most packed episode of the 1st season. Definitely excited for s2!
Nov 2, 2021 4:17 PM

Mar 2013
I just like how the author is stuck with "can't tell anything they wouldn't believe a time traveler", when everyone saw Baji going 1 VS 50 to kill Kisaki and talked with other character before dying.

At least the story is good, but the plot have more hole than any lawyer could ever dream off.
lasodamosNov 2, 2021 4:28 PM
Nov 3, 2021 6:39 PM

Dec 2017
I had fun watching this season but there were times I just felt like dropping it, wanted to reach the end to try and understand all the hype.

Not my cup of tea, I really dislike takemitchi as main character, 26 year old stuck in a 12 year old boy and is immature + a huge coward. Not really my kind of main character. Expected some character development like Subaru from Rezero but so far takemitchy is horrible.

7/10 due to some of the characters but so many plotholes i'd probably give it a 4/10.
“There is something in this world which no one has ever seen.
It is soft and sweet.
If it is spotted, I'm sure everyone will want to have it,
Which is why no one has ever seen it.
For this world has hidden it quite well, so that it is difficult to obtain.
But, there will come a day when it is discovered by somebody,
And only those who should obtain it will be able to find it.
That is all.”

Yuyuko Takemiya
Nov 4, 2021 6:06 PM

May 2015
For a time travel show, it was pretty disappointing ngl
Mature concepts shouldn't be targeted to shonen demographics. This would have been so much better as a seinen. 7/10
Nov 7, 2021 11:58 PM
Oct 2021
Welp I’m distraught 🙃 ……how lovely
Nov 11, 2021 3:08 PM
Jul 2021
Ooh, that ending. I really hope they give it a season 2. I’ve been hearing some rumors that it might not happen, and I really hope those rumors are false. I enjoyed this show the whole way through. The only things I didn’t like were some of the animation and how confused I was at the last part, but I’ll let it slide for how good the story was. Definitely going to go check out the manga.
8/10
Nov 12, 2021 1:55 AM

Aug 2018
anikevin said:
For a time travel show, it was pretty disappointing ngl
Mature concepts shouldn't be targeted to shonen demographics. This would have been so much better as a seinen. 7/10
yea Deku sucks they should stop giving him these roles, it wouldn't matter if this was a seinen Deju would continue being the worst part of this anime.
Nov 13, 2021 6:25 PM

May 2020
Phosphophyllita said:
Thankfully this Mexican soap opera is over.

Congratulations, Tokyo Revengers. You're the worst anime of the year.
Please, do not quote me.

I'm trying to *quote
Nov 13, 2021 6:27 PM

May 2020
Cliffhanger ending? seems there will be a sequel but who knows lel. Takemitchy in the end still got a bad end and the worst is die by his enemy. Oh rip. His older looks are not good he just like an old man. Chifuyu still pay respect to Takemitchy and still want to revenge. Even in the future life Takemitchy still got beaten oh lel. Thought I will going to the manga.
Nov 21, 2021 2:01 PM

Jun 2009
I really enjoyed the show, didn't expect it be this good. The only thing I kept being annoyed about is that Takemitchy is always crying and whining. I expected him to grow up, and grow some balls, but he's still a little bitch at the end of this season.

Nov 22, 2021 5:04 PM

Jan 2021
So in a nutshell

This is just Re Zero but not on steroids

Nov 26, 2021 11:53 PM

Jan 2021
The ending reminds me of episode 1* in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou
Dec 4, 2021 6:03 PM

Aug 2011
That was one helluva cliffhanger!

Personally, I liked the series. As far as the comparions to 'Steins Gate', I feel it lacks its eloquence, especially in regards to the time travel angle, but I think it fits the situation.

Since there is no word about a possible season 2, I'm headed to the manga to get my curiosity thirst quenched.
Dec 13, 2021 8:45 PM
Aug 2021
The cliffhanger was cool and some action stuff was nice, but I can't believe this show is so highly rated.

I know season 2 has been announced and there will be a chance for redemption, but man what a waste this was. Snails pace story, dumb plot twists, lack of any worthwhile comedy, crappy animation and worst of all, Takemichi crying, sobbing and whining every episode and quite often multiple times.

For the love of God we get it, he's a loser trying to turn it around, but 24 episodes in and it's still the same shit. Give the guy some backbone, a brain and some fighting skills while you're at it.

And I almost forgot to mention all these kids pretty much killing each other and no adult to be seen or batting an eye or Takemichi's "love" for Hina which he forgets the second a girl in a brothel walks into the room while this story is supposedly about saving her.

Anyhow, they need to produce one hell of a second season to redeem this.

4/10, huge disappointment.
YoungStarDCDec 13, 2021 8:54 PM
Dec 19, 2021 7:15 AM

Jul 2016
Definitely the worst anime of the year.
Dec 23, 2021 11:55 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
So basically if Toman absorbed Valhalla then Tetta becomes acting commander, if Valhalla absorbs Toman then it's split down the middle? Interesting turn of events for Tetta. I refuse to believe that bitchy made it to the future as a big boss even though his fighting and also sense of suspicion is just nonexistent, but thankfully this horror route of corruption has ended quickly.

Honestly, it makes sense that even without direct contact with Naoto he'd still try to avenge his sister(?)--Judas or not.
Chifuyu's a real one to the end.... respect for him to hold his support until the end. Honestly, he gives me major Levi energy.

This show had a few problems, but ngl I'll definitely stick for the next season.
Dec 27, 2021 12:56 PM
Aug 2019
God, that cliffhanger. I was thinking about picking up at the manga, does anyone whose seen both know if the change is going to be too jarring? Like, is picking it up in the middle fine? Or should I just wait for the next season that they announced?
Dec 30, 2021 12:32 PM
Apr 2020
I enjoyed this last episode more than the previous few episodes and it definitely leaves me curious to see where this is headed. I hope to fucking god that Hanagaki is going to lose his bystander syndrome next season though or I don't know how I'm going to get through it.
Dec 30, 2021 4:39 PM
Apr 2020
This episode was hard to watch. Something about the storyline made this episode especially boring and way less entertainment than the others. To be honest, the last few episodes weren't very good neither. Leaving us on a cliffhanger is a good strategy to keep the audience interested but here it was so badly executed. Too many things were left out : Is Hina alive ? Is she going to die again ? What did Mikey became ? Why did Draken got executed in this reality ? Is Takemichi alive ? What happened in order for Kisaki to turn Toman evil again ? All these questions hurts my brain and not in a good way. I really am not sure about watching season 2 if there's one someday.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think this show would be better if it got rid of of some of its shounen tropes?

Elma_fer - Jun 12, 2021

30 by tmunee »»
Apr 28, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

» Worst protagonist ever? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Leon888 - Jan 14

169 by KobayashiChi »»
Mar 19, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

253 by Ryokonoma »»
Mar 10, 11:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.