Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's creative how they made an episode to teach kids about traffic laws while dressed up like officers.

A strangely informative episode too if you count the actual dialogues. Maybe they shouldn't have those bunny heads on though. I actually found that part slightly creepy.

Jun 2019
The director is demanding as ever and there's nothing Uramichi Oniisan can do with that sprained neck. I love how he tries to be as cheerful as possible in front of kids even tho he's having a hard time. You got this, Oniisan. Gotta teach the kids about the traffic rules.

Apparently, every adult in this show is having a hard time, poor Kikaku. Some kids want to be like Uramichi Oniisan, which would make anyone happy. No wonder, he cries every time. Someday these kids are gonna be adults as well, so they need to see those dreams what they want to do in their lives when they grew up. This show surely loves its songs. I feel like Kikaku san is a nice guy but can get really creepy sometimes.

Just the couple more episodes left in this, one of the funniest shows of this season. Absolutely loving it.

Jul 2017
What's up with Uramichi Oniisan?

Director Derekida is tired of the same-old stuff coming out from Uramichi, so it needs a variation. But Uramichi Oniisan has neckstrains, and still is able to impart adult life to children. The real reason though...a traffic safety MV that strains his neck, and they have to reshoot it?

Better use Utano and the other Oniisans to do the job...while Uramichi gets another chance to strain his neck once again, and torment Usao in the midst. Welp, those Right-Left Hand man figurines made by Kikaku...man this guy is a joke from getting his dream lost and his ex broken up to shoot him on the foot. That Facebook joke got me hard, and I love it when the kids get all mature thinking.

Kids have dreams and aspirations, but one wants to be Uramichi Oniisan? That's something, and I feel so much joy from watching Utano and Iketeru have a duet together....and Uramichi doused in a bread head costume.

Dang, Tobikichi is in a stuation where he can't get out of Kikaku's grasp being drunk in Tequila, and Uramichi's at Toys' R' Us buying frilly girls' stuff for someone's niece. Tobikichi just can't take a break from misunderstandings.

Kinda of a mid episode.
Sep 13, 2021 9:32 AM

Apr 2016
Can we start at least one episode where Uramichi isn't at the brink of mental collapse becasue of the ridiculous working conditions hes forced into, i know thats kind of the point of this show but come on, give the man a break.

Like he have a pain in the neck, and ofc the first thing they made him do is use the neck lol. I still cant decide if the face mask dude from the sales department deserves a pat on the back and a raise or a kick in the face.

That question, what do you want to be when you grow up ? A random kid in the back: Elephant! This kid's going places.
Sep 13, 2021 9:40 AM
Sep 2015
I begin to see a connection, Kikaku former bandmate might be Utano's comedian boyfriend.
Nekota is a new character. But he doesn't play any important role yet.
Sep 13, 2021 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 13, 2021 10:32 AM
Oct 2016
Do fun jobs really exist? Kikaku is mood; probably one of my favorite characters in the show.
Sep 13, 2021 11:01 AM

Apr 2020
What surprised me is that they have Toys R Us in Japan, and that it's still in business.๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 13, 2021 11:12 AM

Oct 2015

You'd be surprised Kikaku-san. You'd be very surprised...
Sep 13, 2021 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
Kinda surprised the director is still being so brazen after Kumatani told him off last episode, to be honest. And just like when the fat grandson came onto the set, it's in a situation where Uramichi really can't do much cos he's injured himself.
Sep 13, 2021 12:08 PM

Apr 2018
Uramichi has a few problems with his neck and Director Derekida is making it even worse by repeating the show about the traffic rules LOL.
Poor guy, Uramichi did a great job while dying at the same time. That's the adult life for ya..
The figures from Kikaku-san always creeps the shit out of everyone, how the hell do they even get accepted? This man probably threatens them.
And we got a new bartender character! And his voice actor is also voiced JOTARO!
Jesus, a jojo meme again.. Nekota seems like a fun character.

The song was pretty relaxing but the overall episode was alright.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 13, 2021 1:10 PM

May 2021
Loved this episode! Uramichi buying a dress up doll and SOMEONE getting the wrong idea… xD. Also loved seeing Uramichi’s doors of sympathy open and close so suddenly. 2 more episodes huh? Times passed so fast it seems. Looking forward to the last 2 episodes!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 13, 2021 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
and moments you can understand the situation of Uramichi with him talking about it grew and all over when he was talking to the kids.

They taught kids about traffic and about road signs and that's very important for kids to understand that.

Interesting episode.
Sep 13, 2021 5:27 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Another new episode, another new trouble for Uramichi Oniisan. Strain through the neck because of wrong sleep positions surely a pain in the ass too. But job forced Uramichi got the things done without looking into his pain. That's right, a poor thing. But, gladly, kids supported him so much, to the level of one of them dreaming about becoming him. That bread song, tho, another hilarious lyric, but entertaining sound of the music. I like that. Kikaku-san continued to annoy Uramichi with his doll design. Even the kids won't even dare to care about the face. Too honest kids xd. His flashback ridiculously amusing and almost opened up Uramichi heart. But, remember, its just an almost. The rest with Usagi-kun that always got a misunderstanding and misapproaching, thanks to Kumatani prank that not telling him right away. Alright, thats a kek play there....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 13, 2021 6:43 PM

Jun 2019
An ok episode. Pretty forgetable if I’m being honest. It feels like it’s just going throught the motions right now with a rehash of the director wanting an injured Uramichi to do something painful, Uramichi crying because a kid sincerely complimented him, and the whole open-doors-to-heart thing with Hanbee.
Sep 13, 2021 11:29 PM

Feb 2019
I never thought that a cracked screen would amuse me so much.
Oh, God - the lives people try to lead. Oh, God - what a world they try to lead them in!

Sep 14, 2021 1:34 AM

Mar 2021
That kid who wanted to become like Uramichi when he grows up literally took the words right out of my mouth hahaha... I want to be like him too. I felt happy for him in that scene. On the other hand, that song about free taste was so hilarious hahaha.
Sep 14, 2021 3:35 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! I am guessing Kikaku's bandmate that quit and became a comedian is Utano's boyfriend lmao. Always warms the heart when a kid admires Uramichi, only for that warmness to vanish a few seconds later. I see the costume designer for the company really likes to show off Uramichi's assets lmao.

The bread song was pretty nice and depressing as always, though I always love hearing Utano's singing voice, she's great. Kikaku's actually a nice guy? For giving his ex's son the figure.

Jesus Christ, now we have Daisuke Ono in here. S t a c k e d. Looking forward to the next episode.
sKyBlazer08Sep 14, 2021 9:10 AM
Sep 14, 2021 4:29 AM

Jun 2020
Omg Kikaku is hilarious he is literally stealing every scene he is in looooooool and Kimura Ryouhei couldn’t be a better fit.

The bar scene was so funny LOL and of course another cute oniisan divorcee DILF voiced by Ono Daisuke omg

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Sep 14, 2021 5:33 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Damn i love Kikaku, every scene with him is just hilarious. Aside from that, good episode as ever, didnt really drop over the 11 eps. Happy to see that.
โ™ก

smoochie smoochie

Sep 14, 2021 6:00 AM

Jul 2017
I was waiting for them to introduce a character like Nekota, with all those child maintenance fees and no time to be interested in proper life lmao

Sep 14, 2021 7:45 AM
May 2021
That blurred migihidari figure's face really crack me up, the jokes feel nice in this episode but we need more than that
Sep 14, 2021 9:43 AM
Aug 2020
Adding Daisuke Ono to the pile of excellent voice actors, damn.
Sep 14, 2021 11:19 AM

May 2021
That Kikaku speech was depressing I love it

Sep 14, 2021 4:21 PM

Jul 2016
What if Kikaku's ex-bandmate is actually Utano's comedian boyfriend? o.O

Well, it seems the Director didn't learn shit after last episode. Guess Kumatani will have to punch him after all.

Entertaining episode overall.
Sep 16, 2021 7:57 AM

Dec 2016
Why is Kumatani so hidoi when it comes to Usahara XD

Kikaku is so relatable XD
Sep 16, 2021 2:28 PM

Apr 2020
this anime Makes me feel like we are all in this together. Watch this show and then all feel like shit together! Uramichi Oniiiii-san!

Sep 16, 2021 11:42 PM

Nov 2010
Damn that Kikaku monologue about him being the one that got tired of pursuing the dream was actually really dark. I love this show so much and it's gonna be a real shame when it ends since I don't think a season 2 is likely.
Sep 17, 2021 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
poor uramichi! he already have stiff neck but still go with the job! i salute you!
lolz at Kikaku-san ultra rant on his private love harsh life!
BWAHAHA Uramichi knows what's-up in Usao-kun acting fishy!
5/5.

Sep 17, 2021 8:13 AM

Mar 2017
He's only been in a few eps but I think Kikaku is my favorite character. I relate to how he tries to be a functioning member of society but the frustration and rage of everyday life slips out sometimes haha
Sep 17, 2021 4:03 PM

Sep 2015
Kikaku being scary as always

And admiration from the kids surprised Uramichi

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 20, 2021 12:51 AM

Dec 2020
usao and kumao in kindergarten outfits my life span has increased by 20%

kikaku's merch and the kids gets uramichi all emotional man i love those a log. kumatani at the end..... my guy does not open his mouth when it doesn't benefit him huh๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Sep 20, 2021 12:47 PM

Aug 2015
I felt a tear escape my eye this episode. I couldn't tell if it was from sympathy for Uramichi and his neck pain (and restraint from wanting to shake the bob off the director's head), or from when the little kid acknowledged his hard work (and him crying....aww <3 I want to give him a hug).

I felt bad but it was also funny to see his face when wearing the bread hat.
Sep 23, 2021 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
Kikaku makes it better. I hope we can get to see Kikaku again in the two remaining episodes.
Sep 26, 2021 10:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ahaha of course no Uramichi isn't crazy with that "doll passion" xD
Oct 9, 2021 12:03 PM

Jul 2015
Sweet of the kid to say he wants to be like Uramichi although sad to know the reality of that.
Under all that frustration, Kikaku is actually nice for giving his ex-girlfriend's kid a shinso figure.
Less nice and unexpected to be honest was Kumatani messing with Usahara by not telling him on why Uramichi bought the frilly dressed doll.

Feb 18, 2022 12:45 PM

Feb 2020
great episode!!!

also kyaaaaaaa daisuke ono!!! my favourite seiyuu!!!!
Mar 6, 2022 4:05 PM

Feb 2018
Poor Kikaku was done dirty.. no wonder he's that attitude of his lol
May 13, 2022 12:56 AM

Dec 2013
Damn, feel bad for Uramichi. If the direction is my boss I probably resigned already lol. And Kikaku is such a mood hahahhaa. I can't believe his phone's screen is shattered. Nice to see a lot of Kikaku scenes in this ep.

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jul 18, 2022 8:21 AM

Feb 2021
I felt Uramichi's neck pain since I too woke up this morning and found out that I had a strained neck

Man, I feel bad Kikaku. He had some shitty people in his life. Dude spent 4-5 yrs in a toxic relationship

Kikaku gave the kid those toys for free. He's a good guy underneath

Usao's thinking way too much...

Dec 27, 2022 4:38 AM
Oct 2022
doll is doll lolol
Jan 6, 2023 1:33 PM

Jan 2021
Aghhh the neck pain. I hate those and it made me feel bad for Uramichi.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 30, 9:56 PM
CD enthusiast

Jan 2024
"The Free Sample Tasted So Good, So Why Was It Just Normal When I Got It Home," what a lovely song!

We often experience a little of something or someone and develop ideas about them that are beyond what actually is and, in turn, invest our time/money/efforts into gaining them, only to find that when we get them home, what we have isn't as ideal as we imagined them to be. In the case of human beings, for example, it often happens that we fall in love with the idea of a person, but when we actually become close, getting them home, it becomes apparent that we have flaws and often err in life. Whether we stick with a person despite these difficult things or not is what determines if that love is authentic or solely based upon the idea. Wanting is often more satisfying than having.
Apr 2, 10:52 AM
Apr 2021
Well, actually, this song is also about how sad it is when you have no one to share your daily bread with.)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

55 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 3, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2021

110 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 3, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2021

69 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 2, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2021

200 by Perfumedpenguin »»
Feb 14, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 23, 2021

48 by Kvistis »»
Jan 30, 3:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.