Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 4, 2021 10:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We got a background storytelling episode heavily focused on Toman's formation and Mikey's past. A very important episode imo.

It's one of those episodes that really shows his early days with the other original members. Plus, it gives the audience an idea of how loyal and devoted its members were. Baji's character personality is also expressed really well though the storytelling imo. A bit of a sad episode too considering the events that happened leading to his death.
Sep 4, 2021 10:52 AM

Jun 2019
I'm not crying. You're crying... I couldn't hold back my tears in this episode. T-T

Seeing the background of these characters and how the Tokyo Manji Gang came into existence was really important. Giving more light on their friendship. Baji was the one who chose to make this gang and he was the only one who was fighting till the very end to keep the word on that day, "A gang where everyone would put their lives on the line for each other".

If only you boys would've understood this sooner. Baji wouldn't have lost his life in this whole mess. RIP Baji and a really sad episode.
Sep 4, 2021 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was so well done. in the manga, baji & chifuyu's backstory shouldn't be this episode and i'm happy they changed it to this episode bcs it felt so much more natural.
Sep 4, 2021 11:32 AM

Jul 2017
IF ANYTHING, this episode is one of the most crucially important episodes ever in the history of Tokyo Revengers.

The founding memhers of Toman (Mikey, Baji, Draken, Mitsuya, Kazutora and Pah-chin) having fun on their various Cubs at their prime of young age...truly an "One For All" gang to protect each other. But the naming from Mikey itself that was lame...the Tokyo Manjiro Gang aside, the camaraderie is one of brotherhood with the charm. And with Baji's loss, Toman itself was ridden of a man whose history stems alongside those of witness, and Kazutora wears it with admonishment on his shoulders for life. A TRULY SADDENING tragic end to the fight that's now known as the Bloody Halloween fight.

Here's also where Chifuyu's backstory enters the reins of Toman, through Baji (who looks very different in disguise). Kinda a natural transition from one scene to the next, and it's no matter that Chifuyu would get involved in a lonewolf gang fight, so it's Toman's 1st Captain Baji to the rescue. That was quite the man-crush from Chifuyu to Baji, and paying respects from both him and Mikey, while Kazutora faces the music properly.

A really well done episode full of emotions.
Sep 4, 2021 11:39 AM
May 2020
We all crybabies now
Sep 4, 2021 11:39 AM
Sep 2015
I'm broken beyond repair from this episode. I know Toman boys age 12-13 are the best age for me, both story and physically. If I could I'll definitely find a way to save all of them by time-traveling to 2003.

Mikey is such a flexible mind, at one time he can kill, at one time he can forgive the one who murder his big brother and his best friend. That's probably why he's the perfect leader.

Baji and Chifuyu, what can I say more. Their relationship is so perfect that the only thing that can be improved is Chifuyu should feel upset a little bit when Baji write letter to someone, probably a love letter to a girl Baji interest.
Sep 4, 2021 11:42 AM
Oct 2019
Wow the Charm, it's all make sense now.

I really like Chizuru and Baji backstory.
What a sad tragic ending for their relationship.
Sep 4, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2011
I love this episode! I'm happy with the adjustments they made.

Baji and Chifuyu </3

Sep 4, 2021 12:00 PM

Nov 2016
I wasn't really too fond of this adaptation overall, but these episodes are hitting harder than the mango boyos.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 4, 2021 12:04 PM

Jan 2021
I'M CRYING RN </3 NERD BAJI AND CHIFUYU

Sep 4, 2021 12:06 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Was an ok episode. Sadly i have a hard time finding enjoyment in this show, even more so since i read the manga and found it way better

smoochie smoochie

Sep 4, 2021 12:12 PM

Jul 2020
Much needed context episode, overall wasn't crazy or anything, but just gave a lot of weight to what we witnessed in the past episode and their dynamics are shown much better, making baji's demise that much worse. Goddamn
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Sep 4, 2021 12:15 PM

Jan 2021
12, 13 years old with motorbikes. Who knows what I was doing at that age 😂
This flashback just after what has happened has touched my heart (╥_╥)
Well, Bloody Halloween is over, honestly Kazutora gives me 0 pity

Noo, another flashback, they're going to flood my house :c
Their first meeting was indeed very funny hahah. I reaffirm, Baji is one of the best characters so far
Sep 4, 2021 12:20 PM
Feb 2021
Clas1ck said:
12, 13 years old with motorbikes. Who knows what I was doing at that age 😂
This flashback just after what has happened has touched my heart (╥_╥)
Well, Bloody Halloween is over, honestly Kazutora gives me 0 pity

Noo, another flashback, they're going to flood my house :c
Their first meeting was indeed very funny hahah. I reaffirm, Baji is one of the best characters so far

I was learning bicycle without support tyres 🙂🙂
Sep 4, 2021 12:55 PM
Jan 2021
phantomfandom said:
I'm broken beyond repair from this episode. I know Toman boys age 12-13 are the best age for me, both story and physically. If I could I'll definitely find a way to save all of them by time-traveling to 2003.

Mikey is such a flexible mind, at one time he can kill, at one time he can forgive the one who murder his big brother and his best friend. That's probably why he's the perfect leader.

Baji and Chifuyu, what can I say more. Their relationship is so perfect that the only thing that can be improved is Chifuyu should feel upset a little bit when Baji write letter to someone, probably a love letter to a girl Baji interest.
I'm pretty sure he was writing to Kazutora
Sep 4, 2021 12:55 PM
Jan 2021
phantomfandom said:

Sep 4, 2021 12:57 PM
May 2020
Can someone explain me why kazutora is feeling quilty?? I think i missed something. He is from a different gang right? Why would he care???
Sep 4, 2021 1:00 PM

May 2020
It's even more sad now to think that Baji is no more, after all the idea of creating this gang was his, and more suffering for Kazutora.
We also got to see how Chifyuu and Baji got to know each other, and it was funny how Baji wasn't able to write tiger and Chifyuu was helping him.
Even then there are many things that doesn't sit right with this show, but will see how they will conclude now in remaining two episodes.
Softhenic03Dec 4, 2021 2:58 AM

Apr 2018
DiamondFrost said:
phantomfandom said:

Correct, Kazutora was in Juvie at that moment.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 2017
A friend like Baji in real life is hard to get nowadays
Sep 4, 2021 1:05 PM

Apr 2018
This is one of the most important episodes in TR, a lot of background storytelling.

The founding of TOMAN is probably one of the most beautiful moments I've seen, the fact that they had to put their money together to buy a charmwas just hilarious but wholesome at the same time. And that charm is what saved Mikey in this arc..

Chifuyu was the highlight of this episode, pretty obvious, the one that cared the most about Baji was none other than Chifuyu. A hardcore deliquent in the past, pretty strong back then. But his life changed the moment he met the ''nerdy'' Baji.

Mikey forgave Kazutora in the end because that is what Baji wanted to do. A leader that can forgive someone like Kazutora is pretty much one hell of a good one. Next episode will be a light-hearted one.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 4, 2021 1:10 PM
Sep 2020
Really liked this episode, so dramatic lol.
Sep 4, 2021 1:19 PM

Apr 2018
God damn I'm so fucking sad :(((((((

Was crying like a bitch last time, crying more now since we get even an even better side of Baji. The backstory with Chifuyu god damn <3 :(

Glad to see that Kazutora is taking responsibility for his actions this time. It's sad that he thought about killing himself, but I can't exactly blame him for feeling that way. Thankfully Mikey forgave him, that must've been hard to do for a man that killed his brother and friend.
Sep 4, 2021 1:20 PM

Jul 2011
You can be a beast while fighting, but the respect for your own mother is sacred.

Draken for me is seriously the PR of Toman.
Sep 4, 2021 1:26 PM
May 2021
Ngl I don't think there was one second I wasn't crying this episode 😭😭😭
Sep 4, 2021 1:27 PM
Jul 2021
So much emotion put into one episode
Sep 4, 2021 1:34 PM
Apr 2021
It has been a long time since anime has made me cry, it was truly emotional seeing Chifuyu and Bajis backstory or the beginnig of the Toman gang!
Sep 4, 2021 1:46 PM

Dec 2020
I never thought chifuyu would be such a badass and baji is simple a goat, he gives everything he passed school, even for his mother.

I forgive you and you still a toman member<3.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 4, 2021 1:52 PM

Jul 2021
Ok maybe there's still hope for this anime : )
Sep 4, 2021 2:07 PM
Feb 2020
Do you think this anime gonna cover until chapter 74 i Guess for me this is the right way to stop
Sep 4, 2021 2:10 PM

Nov 2015
You'll be missed Baji.. what an epic guy he was. Kudos to the adaptation, I cared a lot for Baji even though he did not had that much screentime. Powerful portrayal. .
Sep 4, 2021 2:17 PM

Jul 2013
This episode made me MORE sad than last episode T_T cryfest

Chifuyu was real cool back then, actually the top dog of his school. Funny to see how he had followers then.

At least, Kazutora has regained his senses...
Sep 4, 2021 2:20 PM

Jun 2014
Damn this episode provided some important context regarding Baji's significance to the founding of Toman along with how he and Chifuyu met and became such good friends. Once again RIP Baji, he really was a good dude. This one hit a lot harder after what just went down in last week's episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 4, 2021 2:24 PM
Apr 2021
Ahhhhh balling rn! Why!!! Rip Baji kun.
😢🥺

~Kaga
Follow me….. for Baji.
Sep 4, 2021 2:41 PM
Senpai

May 2021
Now i miss baji.. after this nice episode. I did not read the manga, so i had no real connection with him bit this backround story was very good!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 4, 2021 2:50 PM

Mar 2016
i love this show and the characters and the dynamics so so much, baji and chifuyu best boys <3

Sep 4, 2021 3:03 PM
Apr 2020
Almost last episode
Sep 4, 2021 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
Damn this flashback had everything, I loved seeing how Toman formed and everyone bonding together. Baji and Chifuyu's meeting was amazing too, I love seeing how they were in the past and how they bonded over time.

So Kazutora faces his own actions, I'm glad Mikey said he forgives him since Baji fought so hard to keep the gang together.

Damn, Baji loved his friends so much. He kept the charm with him all this time, and everything he did was for his friends because he loved them so much. He deserved to have a happy life I'm in tears. This arc was fantastic, definitely my favorite thus far.
Sep 4, 2021 3:56 PM
Jul 2020
This episode was definitely one of the better episodes of the series. I caught myself looking like Takemichy during the nerd Baji and Chifuyu flashback. Now I want a Baji spin-off show because his character is just so dynamic.
Sep 4, 2021 4:08 PM

Jun 2008
mooshretar said:
This episode was definitely one of the better episodes of the series. I caught myself looking like Takemichy during the nerd Baji and Chifuyu flashback. Now I want a Baji spin-off show because his character is just so dynamic.

It's too bad the rest of Kazutora's backstory probably won't be animated. The story of how him and Baji first met was pretty fun. It would be nice if they made an OVA for it someday.
Sep 4, 2021 4:18 PM
Jun 2021
Normally not a fan of flashback episodes what so ever but this one was very good and how me down bad 100%
Sep 4, 2021 4:22 PM

Jul 2017
nice way to round off this arc (thank god it's over now). So sad seeing Baji's sacrifice but at least Kazutora seems to be planning to take a step in the right direction now.

looks like charm-kun was the true hero
Sep 4, 2021 5:09 PM
Aug 2018
I like TR but, shouldn't they change the voice of the protagonists when they show them 12 or 13 years old? draken looks ridiculous at 13 with a voice of 25. 😅
Sep 4, 2021 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
Very wholesome flashback and episode, start to finish.

Rest well legendary entity named Baji. 💐
Sep 4, 2021 5:28 PM

Mar 2018
wowowow loved the backstory and the dialogue in this episode

also chifiyus old hair looked dope too tbh
Sep 4, 2021 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
So now that the feels hit home and this arc is over, I'm guessing next week will be Takemitchy heading back to the present to see how the change of events (albeit subtle) has affected the future. Then the final episode leaving us on a cliffhanger for the next arc to either go read the manga or by some miracle, a confirmation of a second season? I don't know, but I feel like no one questioning the phone call during the fight is an aggravating point to miss. Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see how this will end.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 4, 2021 5:33 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was so sad!

Rip Baji T^T

Sep 4, 2021 5:35 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the end of the Bloody Halloween arc comes to a close with two flashbacks. The first one was the fateful day when Mikey and his friends meet at the temple and Baji came up with the idea of starting their own gang which end up leading to purchasing a charm that Baji kept for safe keeping. The second flashback was when Chifuyu meet Baji who was dressed like a nerd to hide his scary face. It didn't take long for the police to arrive at the scene of the fight so everybody had to scatter, but Kazutora decided to stay behind and take the fall for Baji's death.

It was two weeks later that Mikey finally forgive Kazutora and mentioned that he was still apart of the Toman family as a founding member.
Sep 4, 2021 5:41 PM

Dec 2013
DedPanda said:
So now that the feels hit home and this arc is over, I'm guessing next week will be Takemitchy heading back to the present to see how the change of events (albeit subtle) has affected the future. Then the final episode leaving us on a cliffhanger for the next arc to either go read the manga or by some miracle, a confirmation of a second season? I don't know, but I feel like no one questioning the phone call during the fight is an aggravating point to miss. Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see how this will end.

Miracle? Dude, anime boosted manga sales ridiculously high.
Just wait for S2 announcement lol. >>>

In 2021, Tokyo Revengers manga have sold more than 16,532,610 copies which is the Kodansha’s highest selling manga in 1 year. Amazing thing is that there are still 14 weeks left, so the number of copies is surely going to increase. Previously, Kodansha’s highest selling manga record was held by Attack on Titan, which sold 15,933,801 manga copies in 2013.
Sep 4, 2021 5:54 PM

Aug 2018
Interesting, lot of expected flashbacks this episode, to eventually come back to the present (well not completely, but next episode should definitely be in the current timeline).

I'm wondering how things will be, with Kazutora alive this time.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

» Worst protagonist ever? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Leon888 - Jan 14

169 by KobayashiChi »»
Mar 19, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

253 by Ryokonoma »»
Mar 10, 11:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.