Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2021 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yikes, a zombie attack.

I guess sometimes, they have to expect the unexpected in this show even when zombies out of nowhere. On the other hand, at least they made it to the fort. About time, really.
Sep 3, 2021 7:19 AM

Apr 2016
Oh right, workers=zoombies haha ... a last thing i was expecting to see in the show ... we full on a desperation mode now, i guess.

They also met a weird mage skeleton girl who was totally not used by our mc-kun from the future which caused her death ...
Sep 3, 2021 7:24 AM

Jul 2017
Ghosts that are more like zombies reaming around in the silent fortress dungeon, while the others are almost buck-naked. This rabbit hole goes deeper than anyone else imagined, and Kinji going it alone buck naked is a mystery.

Even being zombies, they can't escape being the coporate Black Company drones that they are at their core. But for Shia and the others, they can only blend in...to Shia's chagrin as she takes offense at the zombies being manipulated by magic to make potions. But what they find him doing...is lecturing the mage (whom is supposed to trick the hero whom Kinji has a semblance to in looks, but the exact opposite instead), and gaining salvation instead.

Even at the adventurer shop that Cindy operates, Kinji has a problem with being sold defective products at their goodwill, and its Raiza'ha back at it again to oppress these shops of their wealth. But you can trust that Kinji is a YES-MAN, and he'll do what it takes for Cindy to earn back a profit from this silent fortress dungeon.

HAHA are everyone doing marketing and advertising for whiz LOLS...AND WAIT, the kid and hero cape characters are a classic cameo though! What a perfect disguise of an addictive option and the "Dead Cow" name to shamelessly win customers...well, that got busted with a Salt Bae reference. Make a run for it, Kinji!

The 4th floor dungeon....that's their next goal.
Sep 3, 2021 7:27 AM

Jan 2021
When the world already sucks, anything bad you want to do, someone else has already done it already...

Dead Cow... I'm sure the name was Ninomiya's idea. The ad was the weirdest I've ever seen in my life hsahash
Ugh I guess running away is also a strategy, nice

Now they look like they've come out in a different world, who knows what crazy things are in store for them xd
Sep 3, 2021 7:27 AM

Jun 2019
Highly advanced zombies with healing abilities and they're also working in the basement on some kind of potions, I guess.

They're getting along quite well with Ninomiya and enjoy his company, even Rim who considered him as food at first. That mage looked like she didn't recognize that it was our Ninomiya. Well kinda. But, she's no more regrets now and she's free.
Sep 3, 2021 8:07 AM

Jun 2021
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this show's story is starting to get really disjointed. It feels like they are doing one thing and then it just moves to another story without a flow.

Taka no Tsume cameo kind of felt out of place too. Not sure what the relationship is between the two shows are.
Sep 3, 2021 8:28 AM
May 2021
This episode is so amazing
Sep 3, 2021 8:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Zombies working to create potions... yeah that's kinda the same state of mind in real life, and that skeleton mage girl understood it as well thanks to Ninomiya xD it was really fun when he tried to help that shop with these boosted and illegals energy potion but of course they got stopped and they escaped anyway, now the 4th floor looks really interesting, there is a huge forest and mountains directly in the dungeon, wow.
Sep 3, 2021 9:23 AM

Dec 2010
Ninomiya proving himself once more as the protagonist of the season, if not even the entire year!
But damn, SILVER LINK has become a bunch of prudes. None of the girls were supposed to be wearing giant towels. Heck, I feel like they covered more than their usual clothes.
Sep 3, 2021 10:28 AM

Jul 2009
Lmao, that salt bae reference.
Sep 3, 2021 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
Seems that Red Bull like commercials also work in the other world, tho when trouble started Ninomya was the first one the bail.
And the poor girl was left behind.
Hopefully for her things will work out somehow.
DarkDooM2 said:
Ninomiya proving himself once more as the protagonist of the season, if not even the entire year!
But damn, SILVER LINK has become a bunch of prudes. None of the girls were supposed to be wearing giant towels. Heck, I feel like they covered more than their usual clothes.
They did, those outfits they usually wear don't cover much.
Sep 3, 2021 12:06 PM

May 2020
Erotaku_ said:
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this show's story is starting to get really disjointed. It feels like they are doing one thing and then it just moves to another story without a flow.

I actually love this aspect of the show. It adds a ton of variety and keeps things fresh
Sep 3, 2021 12:51 PM

Apr 2018
Ghosts = Zombies, Ninomiya abducted by the legendary mage from the story which is actually wrong. Slime had an undead and now this? Seems like they really love them lol. Anyway, pretty fun episode. Second part was amazing too. He never fails to make some good underhand business.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 3, 2021 4:35 PM

Apr 2015
The whole Dead Cow thing was a nice spin to Red Bull XD The way he bailed out of that one is only possible by Ninomiya.
Sep 3, 2021 5:28 PM

Dec 2013
That Dead Cow bit got me laughing really good, its been a while since hat happened, loved how Rimu said that sure he was food at first but he does appreciate Ninomiya, he is a lovable jerk.
Sep 3, 2021 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
Ninomiya Being the target of things that hinders him is, he always comes out well in situations like this.
Sep 3, 2021 9:26 PM
Jan 2016
kinji is really growing on me as a character it's hard to really hate him
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Sep 3, 2021 9:47 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yo, they trapped under the hidden fortress where there's lived a ghost story from a long time ago. But its ended up that the story was a huge misunderstanding. The true betrayer was a hero-like Kinji, and the mage cursed all people's that walked into those place as a corporate drones, like the ghost in the past. In short, the ghost mage realized that the whole world already turned into what she wish, and she vanished with no regrets. Happy end for the poor mage that revealed to be a beautiful woman. Oh shit, Kinji, you got it!

The second part where that cute manager shop from the op finally had an appearance and she also got a good help from Kinji and co. Fuckin hilarious advertisement and ridiculous addictive substance Kinji got in order to make the shop growth fast. Still, even though the process quite fast succeeded and fast to go down while the authority found out the addictive ingredient. At least lord Kinji helped that nice lady out of her negativity from building up her own shop, with her own hands. Good for her. Really looking forward to see her success, well, after Kinji finishing out his own problem with the dungeon.

Now on to the next floor!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 3, 2021 10:18 PM

Oct 2016
That was a fucking hilarious episode. The whole thing with the mage and the hero who I assume is an ancestor of Ninomiya lmao. Pretty hilarious how the mage just passed on when she found out the world was already going to shit.

Cute innocent manager lady learning to scam from the best of the best. The adventurers and Rim advertising dead cow and that commercial was hilarious too. Overall just a really fun episode. The 4th floor though damn. Looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 4, 2021 12:39 AM
Aug 2018
Dead cow, I wonder if the name is inspired by the term "cash cow". And it's called "dead" cow, because the adventurer are going to overestimate their ability (because of the potion effect) and die.
Not the best business model but since they have limited stock... why not !
Sep 4, 2021 1:51 AM

Jun 2014
Salt bae has been a meme for like 5 years now and anime are still referencing him lol.

Lmao poor Ninomiya, found a great way to market that potion but the feds came and shut that down 💀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 4, 2021 1:55 AM
Oct 2020
It felt like they skipped an episode or something. Really weird that it didn't continue where the last episode left off and there was a new character that was never explained.
Sep 4, 2021 11:00 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Man i just love Ninomiya, also Rimus dancing at the end, cute as ever

smoochie smoochie

Sep 4, 2021 9:14 PM

Oct 2008
Kinji Ninimiya the Lord of sly business tactics! the fun only lasted a while lolz!
4/5.

Sep 5, 2021 7:20 PM
Mar 2021
Another episode another hillarious moment.
Btw Im not a manga reader and I so curious about hero that similiar to Ninomiya.
Sep 7, 2021 1:17 AM

Dec 2012
HAHAHA THIS EPISODE FUCKIN GOLD

Sep 7, 2021 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
can't believe i've seen this dead meme twice in one season

granted i was dozying off i felt like i missed whatever happen leading up to the events of this episode, but Cindy was cute forgot this wasn't actually a game NPC or else i would've found it funny they gave the shopkeeper backstory
Sep 7, 2021 6:43 PM
Jul 2017
I have no idea why Taka no Tsume had an extended cameo for the advertisement but man, what a hilarious surprise.
Sep 14, 2021 5:00 PM

Mar 2009
Salt bae meme making a resurgence, or something. Maybe Japan just learned about that meme.
Sep 22, 2021 2:58 AM

Oct 2017
Wait that mage's flashback, so Kinji gonna travel to the past too? Seems like it.

Welp as usual this guy really knows how to scheme. Thou unlike usual things turned out quite favourably this time around. They even reached fourth floor.
Sep 25, 2021 7:40 AM

Jul 2015
Despite how they met and how scummy Kinji is, its wholesome to hear everyone say they have an enjoyable time with him and also to see them helping out with the Dead cow potion scam.

Sep 25, 2021 1:05 PM

Mar 2010
Damn this felt so random and full of filler twas subpar.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 27, 2022 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
Did I miss an episode? Cos this didn't seem to continue from where episode 8 left off at all and it was really jarring.

That "hero" was definitely either Ninomiya's ancestor or perhaps Ninomiya himself.
Jul 6, 2022 9:54 PM

Dec 2020
I was kinda expecting him to convince the ghost mage to help work for him. Like you could move on or you could torture some people for us and exact some of your revenge lol

But it was nice the other characters said they enjoyed his company.
Nov 9, 2023 9:57 AM
Jun 2022
Ghost Mage ; Noice Character!
Nov 20, 2023 2:32 PM

Jun 2020
Ninomiya was screaming at ghost when everybody else was thinking he is in danger.Yep sounds like him
Apr 18, 2:33 AM

May 2020
Another business part from Ninomiya. A new character has been unlocked, Cindy. I think Ninomiya did a great job to help people and push their potential.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meikyuu Black Company Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

55 by Rishi73 »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Meikyuu Black Company Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2021

81 by sharosharo »»
Apr 18, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Meikyuu Black Company Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

47 by sharosharo »»
Apr 18, 3:28 AM

Poll: » Meikyuu Black Company Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2021

36 by sharosharo »»
Apr 18, 3:00 AM

Poll: » Meikyuu Black Company Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2021

42 by sharosharo »»
Apr 18, 1:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.