Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 21, 2021 6:19 PM

Mar 2018
Too be honest, I dont really like this show all that much, but the duo in this episode of Nicol and Frey was so enjoyable. I loved watching them talk and they had so much synergy together; wish they were the MCs instead.
Aug 21, 2021 7:55 PM
Mar 2012
Beautiful scenery, fields of yellow wisteria & primrose. Frey's personality's super cool & mature. Sophia's book recs lol.
Surprise that a Nicole focused ep is much better than the usual. Tho dont like the conclusion he reached, rather have side cast branch out their relationships. Maybe when all characters show up it becomes shallow tropes & the same harem dynamics that hardly progress. This ep single character focus adds much needed depth.
Aug 21, 2021 9:40 PM

Jun 2020
Finally some Nicol development! I honestly never thought much of him so I really liked this episode. He’s so thoughtful & decided to go ahead with arranged marriage meetings as he’s worried how his still-single status was affecting his family. Thankfully his dad is so understanding!!!!!

You can’t force feelings, it’s sweet seeing how Nicol looks at Catarina so tenderly but Frey is so mature & such a good match for him too......I wonder if they have any other development or this was just a chance encounter, they match so well & the scenes between them were so beautiful♡

Catarina standing up for Ginger was also so nice. She’s so kind, standing up for easily misunderstood people instead of assuming how they are like and idly gossiping about them.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 21, 2021 11:35 PM

Feb 2019
A beautiful episode.

The scene where Nicol and Frey were walking in that field of flowers in the sunset was stunning!
Aug 22, 2021 9:17 AM

May 2018
Nicole would be a great harem protagonist
Aug 22, 2021 2:36 PM

Jan 2021
That moment with Nicol was great. Nicol is best boy
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Aug 23, 2021 6:24 AM
May 2019
This episode would be perfect if they made Frey+Nicol possible in the future.

By that I don't say Nicol has to accept defeat about Catarina yet, but he could make a deal with Frey for them to fake date for a while, so both wouldn't be annoyed by society anymore.

I am really afraid this show will not end with any romantic pair for Catarina (Geordo #1, Nicol #2), but I also get sad to think anybody else will end up miserable if she chooses someone.
Aug 23, 2021 10:14 AM

Mar 2017
NICOL BEST BOIII, I'm glad they made an episode about him.
I love him so much and at the LN/Manga, they didn't have any character development about him.

Frey and Nicol moment was cute but I can't get enough of Catarina and Nicol. Nicol is the only one who could make Catarina feel shy that's why I ship the two of them <3

Ashhk said:
Pretty interesting episode on Nicol, he sure needs more self confidence and "keep loving Katarina" maybe he still has some chances xD

true!! he needs more self confidence haha, I love the love story of his parents though lol, looks like he and sophia will get inspired from them

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Aug 24, 2021 3:54 PM
Feb 2014
I wonder what all the types of flowers were in the episode because it’d be interesting to use flower language/hana kotoba to see their meanings since I think that’s why they were used.

Obviously there are red roses when nicol is talking to the marriage candidates (meaning romance/love in hana kotoba) and there are dandelions when Nicol is finished talking with Frey and intends to continue his love for Katarina (with dandelions meaning love’s oracle and also happiness which is fitting) I didn’t recognise the other flowers though.
Aug 24, 2021 8:28 PM

Nov 2009
OH GOD...

so Sophia and Nicole's family was made up of NTR.... welp... (tho, it sounds like it was a "nobility/ political decision" and not "individual decision" as the entire "stolen bride" was purely determined by "Gramps" and not the other party)
aka if the Father didn't get Prime Minister's spot, Gramps would then go "Fuck you bitch, I am marrying my daughter off to someone with power"

I really hope Nicole won't go down the NTR route...

(Tho, technically Bakarina isn't "tied down", since she still doesn't have "dedicated feelings" for anyone, to her it's still more or less friendship feelings, lol)

___ ___ ___

Also, Frey feels like a more "mature" version of Bakarina... She' would be a really great girl to end with. (tho... I think Frey might be Yuri)

___ ___ ___

And apparently Bakarina loves Tsundere characters, lol
amlgAug 24, 2021 8:40 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 26, 2021 1:37 AM

Oct 2014
Fray maybe the most beautifully designed character in the series. I hope she has more screentime in the future.

Fray and Nicol looks great together. Unfortunately, Fray is also gay for Catarina (and maybe with Ginger)
Aug 27, 2021 9:14 PM

Oct 2009
Nicol's inner thoughts with BGM ! :D

Thank you Frey
Aug 30, 2021 2:46 AM

Oct 2017
Nicol and Sophia's dad is a man of culture eh. Nicol finally got serious about Katarina which is fine ig and lol Sophia really wants him to steal Katarina, doesn't she.
Sep 3, 2021 1:43 PM
Apr 2016
tanerl said:
_Alleria_ said:
The art and direction this episode are just so good. I can't overstate how beautiful some scenes are.

I know right!! the backgrounds are beautiful, and the cut compositions are amazing. incredible how they position the characters in the frame, or how they fit the characters to the background. eg waterfall over their faces

Its simple and done so gracefully. Not what I was expecting from the show. It always had this simple beautiful aesthetic but this elevated it.
Sep 5, 2021 6:19 PM

Mar 2009
This was a nice episode. Frey's a sweet girl.
Sep 12, 2021 8:27 AM

Mar 2010
Damn idk how this is gonna end up now with all these strong feelings for catarina... I think they will all kill each other idk man I don't see any peaceful resolution to any of this.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 12, 2021 8:22 PM

May 2010
I looked it up, and I think the person we have to thank for how beautiful this episode was is Shuntaro Tozawa. That dude needs a raise and a promotion.
“Money can't buy dere”
Sep 14, 2021 8:13 PM

Jul 2014
I'm surprised I enjoyed an episode about Nicol so much when I've never been that much of a fan of him.

Frey is great. Only one episode and she's already one of my best girls. It would be great if in case Nicol's NTR plan (lol) doesn't work out, she ends up with him. And I just want to see more of her in general.

Oh, and welcome to the harem, Ginger, I guess lol.
Sep 19, 2021 5:27 AM

Aug 2007
Well there's the new best couple...

I was hoping during their meeting that they'd form a pack together and let eachother do whatever they want though technically married... But then she said she'd pitty a girl who ended up with with him while he still had feelings for someone else, so I guess that's not going to happen.
Sep 19, 2021 10:18 PM
Jan 2017
Nicol, if you don't want to marry Frey, then I will.

Seriously, from the way she understands so clearly what she wants, to how honest and insightful she is, she really deserves all happiness in life. And it would be wonderful to surprise her with the realization that she can have her career and love at the same time.

It doesn't hurt that her character design is exquisite, and her scenes with Nicol in the golden afternoon sun amongst all the flowers were sublime.
Sep 26, 2021 4:56 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. Wonder, if not now.. But if maybe in future Nicol will become closer to the girl he met last.. Frey, or not sure, how her name is in English subs.. Though, maybe both Frey and Nicol don't really need it in the first place.. But they also can get along, it seems.. They have other people they can talk around with, though.. Like Nicol has Sophia at least.. And Frey has at least Ginger.. I'd like to see more of girls introduced, honestly.. If not now, maybe sometimes in the future..
Sep 29, 2021 8:35 AM

Jun 2012
I feel like it's pretty rare to see a "reluctant arranged marriage" sequence for a man vs for a woman. I'm usually not a fan of them especially when the "true love" comes crashing in but this was elegantly done. Probably the best ep of the season which was a bit weaker overall.
Oct 2, 2021 10:28 PM

Jun 2016
My God, Nicol speaking for a whole episode, unheard of.

Nicol wants to move on from Katarina, but everyone knows once you've caught sight of Katarina, there's no escaping her grasp. Just ask Frey and Ginger, who have fallen into her trap too.

I was trying to remember if Frey and Ginger were in the show before this ep. Can't say their development, or love for Katarina means anything to me.

Oct 15, 2021 4:36 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was a pleasant surprise. I didn't think we would get to see an episode about Nicol and I didn't expect it to look so pretty!

Both Frey and Ginger are really enjoyable characters in this episode but I doubt either one will get that much more screen time.
Oct 16, 2021 12:43 PM

Jul 2016
Man I totally think Nicol and Frey could be together, it's just not the right time...
Oct 19, 2021 8:14 PM

Mar 2014
Holy shit the way that scene was setup for Nichol and Frey's meeting, budget was through the roof. Maybe she's his true route once he gets over Catarina? It's the only way to explain why everything was so gorgeous, all those beautiful flowers everywhere and jaw-dropping sunset shots...
Jan 14, 2022 1:27 PM
Mar 2020
Such a pretty epsiode, so far I just watched for the memes and silly jokes, but I think I'm actually slightly invested now, not bad xD
Mar 13, 2022 12:11 AM

Jun 2010
Hmm, my spider senses are tingling. Can it be that Frey is actually interested in Ginger?

Not to say that her explanation of it being her dream to achieve something of her own and her admiration for Larna are false, but her line of never being bored around Ginger kinda mirrors how the main characters came to be interested in Catarina. Also it would add another layer of meaning to her categorical rejection of marriage and her being set to work for the Department of Magic since Ginger apparently is also planning to do so. So maybe she just wants to follow and be together with Ginger? And this trope of being in love with a friend but knowing they are interested in someone else and kindly watching over them is pretty common.

Following that line of thought it would also make sense (even though if would be kinda impish) for her to throw Nicol back into the race for Catarina. Knowing that once Catarina is taken her friend has to finally give up and move on.
AsturaetusMar 13, 2022 12:21 AM
May 8, 2022 8:32 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah I'm one episode left before I drop this boring season, another girl falling for Katarina and for what? Is not like Katarina will deal with this at this rate her parents should also fall in love with her since she's so irresistible.

Don't care about Nichol and his stupid crush.
May 10, 2022 9:39 PM

Jan 2019
Damn, they poured all of this season's budget into the set pieces for this episode.
Nov 30, 2022 1:36 AM

Oct 2022
The character development is done so well for a harem anime, Nicol was always my favorite, and Frey is becoming one of my faves too.

Jan 7, 2023 3:15 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode focusing on Nicol as he didn't had much of the spotlight until now.
Just like many others I would totally ship Frey and Nicol.

Jan 9, 2023 9:15 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Well our boy meet his new potential wife if he doesn't go with caterina, their bond really well in this episode
Feb 8, 2023 3:17 PM
Jun 2021
I love Nicol so much but I know that Catarina will not end up with him so this episode just made me sad.
May 23, 2023 7:04 PM

Oct 2022
That's one man down... Nicol and Frey is perfect for each other.. and we all know nicol and catarina pairing is gonna be hard due to age gap; age alone doesn't matter but their status screams at this age one must do these things for their family's name.
Mar 5, 11:14 PM

Aug 2019
random tsundere student council girl and nicol's marriage things. this season focuses alot on the harem characters and their lifes away from catarina (but still their lifes revolve around her). i wish this continued more like the first season with the focus on catarina. the harem members are just that, harem members. i cant really care about them. except mary and sophie but thats because i happen to like yuri
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 5:47 PM

Jan 2010

This episode was a lot more animated than usual, and had a lot of nice wallpaper-worthy stills. I also noticed a change in the direction style, where there's noticeable thought put into character placement within scenes, dynamic lighting, and a lot of butterflies in the foreground for some reason. I'm assuming the latter was supposed to metaphorically refer to something, but I'm not entirely sure what. There was also one kind of subtle scene toward the end, where Ginger was afraid to step into the light of the reading room. Frey had to pull Ginger into the light, which wasn't particularly emphasized since we only had the pulled back shot of them.

Another thing I liked was how Catarina inadvertently encourages other characters to seek their own independence. She wants to be free, but not necessarily to pursue any personal goals. She just wants to goof off all day, and she wouldn't be able to if she became royalty. For the other girls though, she proves that there are pathways for life aside from being tied down by marriage or being abandoned by their families. That's actually pretty cool.
ShockedApr 22, 5:59 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The ship that you rooting for is?

Marshert - Aug 21, 2021

15 by superstaff »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

» Season 3?

cassandra9891 - Aug 27, 2021

7 by superstaff »»
Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

76 by Shocked »»
Apr 22, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

106 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

66 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.