Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2021 1:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode aired 30 minutes earlier than usual today
https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/status/1421380359598526468

At least we got some action this time and Ending makes an appearance! He's probably one of the creepiest antagonists in this show, with that twisted obsession towards Endeavor. Looks like the episode gave Deku, Todoroki, and Bakugo the chance to show what they've learned.

Ending legit gave me creeps. Glad they took care of him.
Jul 31, 2021 2:28 AM

Apr 2014
Did they change the opening visuals?
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jul 31, 2021 2:50 AM

Jun 2019
That villain was really scary, ngl. Ending admires Endeavor and wants to die by his hands. He's an insane guy obviously. I'm glad that they managed to save Natsuo there with the help of the boys. They have really improved in just one week. Great progression shown by the boys.

We finally got some action this week. Seems like Endeavor wants to atone for his actions which is quite understandable and Natsuo still can't forgive his father.
Jul 31, 2021 2:53 AM

Jul 2020
The villain was crazy ngl, true maniac. He just wanted endeavour to kill him? He was that obsessed with endeavour and how he carries himself that he wanted to die by his hands. His power on the surface doesn’t seem that great and in practise it’s the same, but capturing endeavours son tilted the favour towards him.

Endeavour realising that for his family to be together, he needs to leave is bittersweet but at least he’s taking responsibility for his prior actions. To leave those you love for them to be happy is a hard sacrifice and endeavour taking that is a step in the right direction. I still think his death flags are being set up, only time will tell lol.

The kids seems to have powered up in the week, deku releasing more than one black whip that are strong enough to hold up cars, Baku go instantaneously using his explosion and todoroki masterfully controlling both elements. Baku go decided on a hero name lol, watch how it’s something as bombastic as him lmao
LeviathanHWDJul 31, 2021 2:58 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 31, 2021 2:55 AM

Jan 2021
Wii, finally some action. Although it was very short :c

Bakugo already has a hero name? I don't know if I'll get used to it 😂

Decent episode, I'm interested in what happened to Toya 0.0
Jul 31, 2021 2:57 AM

Jul 2013
Bakugo Todoroki Midoriya successfully saved Natsuo, captured the villain, and protected civilians. True heroes in the making. Lol Bakugo wanted Endeavor to be salty, read the room kid. Loved how Bakugo got stuck in the family hug.
Jul 31, 2021 3:03 AM
Sep 2020
Till not watched the episode but i hope they stretch the fight scenes a bit cause we didn't get any action for a month now...
Jul 31, 2021 3:05 AM

Feb 2021
For the love of- they're really not doing mva next episode? I'm sick of class-a, why are they using a couple chapters from the paranormal liberation war arc before any mva chapters? This makes no sense. We're down to just 6 possible episodes for mva, and it might be even less
Jul 31, 2021 3:06 AM
Mar 2018
KaiserVonGogureo said:
For the love of- they're really not doing mva next episode? I'm sick of class-a, why are they using a couple chapters from the paranormal liberation war arc before any mva chapters? This makes no sense. We're down to just 6 possible episodes for mva, and it might be even less
there's 7 eps to adapt mva arc
Jul 31, 2021 3:06 AM
Feb 2021
Epiosde was really good probably one of the best this season, sadly no mva next week but instead theyre gonna do the aizawa kurogiri stuff first. I have no clue how in hell they are fitting mva into 6 episodes, not to mention still no introduction for deternat, still hopeful tho.
Jul 31, 2021 3:07 AM
Jul 2020
Connortit said:
KaiserVonGogureo said:
nope, only 6. Next episode (19) is covering Shirakumo so there’s only 6
Jul 31, 2021 3:08 AM
Mar 2018
Beninja said:
Connortit said:
o ok didn't know that thanks, might be a bit rushed
Jul 31, 2021 3:17 AM
Mar 2018
Beninja said:
Connortit said:
i don't read manga how much did they adapt in ep 100 its says they touched on the mva arc then
Jul 31, 2021 3:20 AM

Feb 2021
Connortit said:
Beninja said:
i don't read manga how much did they adapt in ep 100 its says they touched on the mva arc then

Every bit with class-a from 218-219, that's it so far

They've made a 12 chapter arc 6 episodes (5 excluding that filler episode), but are going to make a 23 chapter arc 6 episodes? I have no idea what Bones is thinking
Jul 31, 2021 3:23 AM
Mar 2018
KaiserVonGogureo said:
Connortit said:

They've made a 12 chapter arc 6 episodes (5 excluding that filler episode), but are going to make a 23 chapter arc 6 episodes? I have no idea what Bones is thinking
they've always done roughly 2 chapters per ep now they are going more then 3 are they just trying to get this out of the way so season 6 can be all liberation war arc
Jul 31, 2021 3:29 AM

Feb 2021
Connortit said:
KaiserVonGogureo said:

they've always done roughly 2 chapters per ep now they are going more then 3 are they just trying to get this out of the way so season 6 can be all liberation war arc

They easily could have shortened this arc, I'd much rather see more of mva than this arc. They're not even saving every PLW chapter for next season, they're using some NEXT EPISODE, which really isn't going to flow well from endeavor arc, to a couple liberation chapters, then mva, THEN back to liberation
Jul 31, 2021 3:30 AM

Jul 2021
This episode was kinda decent, finally some action and not just flashbacks and deku's new ability was
really amazing. overall a good episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2021 3:37 AM
Sep 2015
As an Endeavor maniac, I understand Ending. But he misuse his advantage to force Endeavor to do something he'll never do, which is to kill. I'd rather have him have sex with me instead.

And yes, Endeavor decide to go separate with his wife, does this mean Divorce? Hawks now has his chance! By the way, I think Hawks know that someone talking about him not by hunch, but by his information super network.
Jul 31, 2021 3:48 AM

Jun 2014
Wait wtf they're gonna do the beginning of the PLW arc next episode? I'm seeing some people in this thread saying that MVA will start after next episode, so we're really only going to have 6 episodes for MVA? Lmao ok......

Well at least we got some decent action in this episode against the creepy Endeavor simp.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 31, 2021 3:51 AM

May 2015
So they let out of prison a prisoner who has clear mental problems and is super-dangerous to society? Seems legit... xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 31, 2021 3:52 AM

Jul 2019
Ngl, this was a good episode but when i saw the preview i died inside, MVA will start with episode 20.

PAIN.

I swear, Bones better knock it out of the park or else this season is fucked.
Jul 31, 2021 3:54 AM

May 2013
I guess we're not doing MVA, that was the only thing I wanted from this season but nope, dammit.
Jul 31, 2021 3:58 AM

Jul 2019
FackuIkari said:
I guess we're not doing MVA, that was the only thing I wanted from this season but nope, dammit.

MVA is already confirmed, but it looks like it's going to be rushed
Jul 31, 2021 4:07 AM

Jul 2017
The temporary villain of Ending always in Endeavor'a shadows, a crazed maniac whose longing to be ended by the current No. 1 hero with their short history.

Believe me, Toya's history is more than just what was presented in this episode in the short timeframe, the true knocker is more heinous to the knowledge of manga readers.

Spiteing the No. 1 hero by kidnapping Natsuo, and immediately, Izuku, Bakugo and Todoroki surge into action with the lessons learnt from training, while familial thoughts hold Endeavor back. This gives a chance for Izuku to re-train his Vestige abiility for a short while, while allowing Endeavour to make amends to Natsuo.

All's well that ends well for the Todoroki Family, and signalling the first of changes between father and siblings.

One of the best decent episodes in a while right before the MVA arc, which still has yet to arrive right after the film comes out in Japan next week.
Jul 31, 2021 4:08 AM
Oct 2020
This episode was good finally some action not only that but it was important for endeavors family progress but I do believe the show could stand to improve on pacing and showing us a little more action I mean that's the whole reason I started watching it and then ofcourse they slow it down so badly to try and make money and due to that it's losing fans ironic how that works but I can't say if it's a good thing or a bad thing when it finishes one day I'm sure ill be happy they took time to do it like this one piece is a good example it sucks waiting for an episode or watching a season with no action but it's just as important to develop the characters and show us personal moments.
Jul 31, 2021 4:20 AM
Jul 2018
The preview.....
When's Mva?
Jul 31, 2021 4:22 AM
Aug 2016
Anyone knows why Endeavour hesitated to save Natsuo?

Endeavour mentioned that he was afraid that Natsuo will not speak to him anymore (if I remember correctly)

I can only interpret that...

If Endeavour saves Natsuo = just fulfilling the job as a hero (which Natsuo despise about it)

P.s. I have not read the manga
Jul 31, 2021 4:25 AM

Aug 2013
another week of boring no hero academia ... another of week of some weirdo fans attacking me
Jul 31, 2021 4:43 AM
Apr 2021
ngl I enjoyed this episode.

MHA has always used fights to prompt character development, so that's probably why the fight this episode, despite being pretty entertaining, lacked a lot of the impact that most of the other fights have had.

I don't particularly care how they adapt the manga at this point, I feel like it's probably worth witholding judgement until the whole season is out.
Jul 31, 2021 4:49 AM
Sep 2020
That preview.... Fuck mha s5
Jul 31, 2021 4:52 AM
Nov 2019
Gioma said:

Endeavour mentioned that he was afraid that Natsuo will not speak to him anymore (if I remember correctly)

If Endeavour saves Natsuo = just fulfilling the job as a hero (which Natsuo despise about it)

The original dialogue had more meaning to it
The reason why endeavor stops and starts to remember that particular scene is because if in the case he saved Natsu then Natsu might have to bury his hatred for endeavor and not say what's on his mind anymore
Long story short if Endeavor did save Natsu then Natsu might have to feel obliged coz Endeavor saved his life and might have to live the rest of his life rather than actually moving forward
The reason this episode makes endeavor a great character is coz of how he actually thinks Natsu might feel moving forward
Lol I cried at that chapter coz Horikoshi is truly master at expressing the emotions would recommend reading this arc in manga coz it's done so much better and they did Shoto dirty this episode
Jul 31, 2021 4:56 AM

Dec 2020
A familial thoughts hold Endeavor back and that was the chance for our three boys to catch the villain and that was nice fight. I want to see more manga content lol. Ending what a creepy villain xD. They want too push the movie.
HiroyasuJul 31, 2021 5:04 AM
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 31, 2021 5:01 AM
Jul 2020
Pretty solid episode today but what I want to talk is what the hell is bones thinking?
I knew there was some problem with the production shit. As a manga reader I know that they aren't adapting mva arc next week but adapting the next arc which should be after endeavour arc. MVA arc is 23 chapters long and I absolutely do not have any idea how are they gonna adapt it in just 5-6 episodes. I know anime onlies are kinda annoyed about manga readers complaining about this but trust me guys we are worried about it since we know the content. If this is how the pacing of mva is gonna be then I am really sorry for the anime onlies since your expectations are gonna get shattered with that level of pacing. When all the manga readers are praising about that arc you guys are gonna be like " It is just another arc " since you guys will not experience it with the right pacing. SO DISAPPOINTED T-T
Jul 31, 2021 5:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah sure that Endeavor's family situation is thought, that story with his son Toya is very mysterious and I want to know what happened, at least he has been able to save his son Natsuo against that insane villain, but he will have to live without his family if he wants them to be happy :/
Jul 31, 2021 5:14 AM
Aug 2016
Replette said:
Gioma said:

The reason why endeavor stops and starts to remember that particular scene is because if in the case he saved Natsu then Natsu might have to bury his hatred for endeavor and not say what's on his mind anymore
Long story short if Endeavor did save Natsu then Natsu might have to feel obliged coz Endeavor saved his life and might have to live the rest of his life rather than actually moving forward
The reason this episode makes endeavor a great character is coz of how he actually thinks Natsu might feel moving forward
Lol I cried at that chapter coz Horikoshi is truly master at expressing the emotions would recommend reading this arc in manga coz it's done so much better and they did Shoto dirty this episode

My goodness that's deeper than I thought, thank you for the explanation! I'll take your advise and read the manga :D

I think Endeavour's VA did quite well when confronting Natsuo about his hesitation to save.

The pauses and tremble in his speech, almost make me believe he's gonna breakdown (; n ;)
Jul 31, 2021 5:33 AM
Oct 2016
Endeavor knows what he must do to atone. Forgiveness is long gone for him, only atonement is left. He does have a good idea with building his family a new house for a new start while he stays in their old house to not forget what happened. A crazy episode this week with Natsuo being taken hostage by that villain Ending. We could see the rage on Endeavors face when he saw his son captured. Almost wanted to just blast Ending away. But for some reason the fiery hero froze, he just couldn't move, couldn't bare to lose another child after what happened with Toya. Endeavor has been reflecting on his past a lot lately so he didn't want it to repeat. Luckily the three musketeers were just right in the car! Shoto, Deku and Bakugo all sprung into action like champs! Great instincts on those boys being able to rush towards Ending without much hesitation. All three of them took the lessons Endeavor has been teaching and applied those lessons right away. They did a great job taking down the villain, saving civilians, and rescuing the hostage, Natsuo. Accomplishing the goal Endeavor set for them at the beginning of their internships. Now next episode we move into uncharted territory, some heavy stuff is about to happen.
Jul 31, 2021 5:34 AM
Oct 2016
AcceleratorAngel said:

That is never gonna happen.
Jul 31, 2021 5:35 AM
Oct 2016
Fax001s said:
Ngl, this was a good episode but when i saw the preview i died inside, MVA will start with episode 20.

PAIN.

Could start next episode after the prison visit
Jul 31, 2021 5:36 AM

Jul 2020
YES finally a decent episode. Endeavor getting close to Natsuo was so wholesome.
Replette said:
Gioma said:

DAMN this episode was much deeper than I thought. It really did a good job of "Show, don't tell".

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 31, 2021 6:01 AM
Jul 2020
Considering that next episode is the kurogiri aizawa discussion, do you think they will animate aizawa's backstory from mha vigilantes? This would mean that we don't get any mva this season...
Jul 31, 2021 6:17 AM

Jul 2013
<3

noice, we arrived here as well.
eve of paranormal arc
Jul 31, 2021 6:25 AM

Jul 2013
luciferul said:
Considering that next episode is the kurogiri aizawa discussion, do you think they will animate aizawa's backstory from mha vigilantes? This would mean that we don't get any mva this season...

as for now, only that scene got relation with spin off manga ( MHA:V )
not sure how they would do it.

but, i dont think they will put aizawa's backstory in main series as filler. it would be a bit out of place from my opinion.

although, im still hoping for MHA:V's animation tbh. hahaha
but, pretty slim chance since most of the arc were a bit plain. with an exception of the last/current arc. it gotten better.

but, since character in MHA:V came out in main series in manga months ago.
im betting on possibilities that Kohei Horikoshi will integrated few characters from there as well into main series like crawler perhaps.

maybe in the upcoming ending of MHA:V, he gotten legit and obtain his license. since, there's no precedence that someone outside from hero academia cant obtain that license.

just, hero from academia would be easier since they have teacher and infrastructure to help them through its process.

just my 2 cents conjecture~ hahahaha

Jul 31, 2021 6:43 AM
Dec 2015
Nice to see the trio getting better with their quirks. Why do the episodes feel so short though
Jul 31, 2021 7:20 AM

Oct 2008
omit unnecessary melodrama!
nice save by Bakugo Shouto & Deku!!
5/5.

Jul 31, 2021 7:28 AM
Jan 2017
This episode was actually nice , it's good to finally see some fast pacing after the Last episode that adapted only 1 chapter , and the filler episode before it
The fight didn't take more time than what it deserved and everyone had a part in defeating ending
Good episode overall , probably the best episode in the season till now
-There is no episode next week and episode 19 ( and possibly 20) will be about Oboro , that means more wait for the MVA , and i am pretty sure the arc is getting butchered at this point...
Jul 31, 2021 7:29 AM
May 2021
This episode was great! You know they are building it to the point where the 3 surpass endeavour and it's a nice point to put it there. I like the emotional part of endeavour too. And I absolutely went crazy when Midoriya used Blackwhip! Arghhh YASSSSSS
Jul 31, 2021 7:30 AM
May 2021
GioGio0 said:
This episode was actually nice , it's good to finally see some fast pacing after the Last episode that adapted only 1 chapter , and the filler episode before it
The fight didn't take more time than what it deserved and everyone had a part in defeating ending
Good episode overall , probably the best episode in the season till now
-There is no episode next week and episode 19 ( and possibly 20) will be about Oboro , that means more wait for the MVA , and i am pretty sure the arc is getting butchered at this point...

Arghhh why is there no episode next week? Cos the movie is coming out?
Jul 31, 2021 7:34 AM
May 2021
Dukino said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Yeah! I think there were more shots of Ochako or was it Toga right? In the middle of the song. Don't remember seeing those there.
Jul 31, 2021 7:35 AM
Jan 2017
Fax001s said:

PAIN.

This season is fucked no matter what bones does
This whole season was sacrificed to promote the 3rd movie
And No matter what they do there is no way they are going to adapt 20 chapters in 6 or 5 episodes without rushing things up
My villain academia is officially My butchered villain academia now 😂
Jul 31, 2021 7:36 AM
Jan 2017
hj_kacchan said:
Dukino said:

Yeah! I think there were more shots of Ochako or was it Toga right? In the middle of the song. Don't remember seeing those there.

Yep , because of the movie
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

203 by Roselittlepony »»
May 5, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

189 by GaiusNereus »»
May 3, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Chocolate_chip »»
May 2, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

198 by TheCallofBeer »»
Apr 30, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

167 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 29, 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.