Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, it looks like Shinso's skills improved including a new technique in his arsenal. Impressive.

A lot of action as expected in this competition. Tbh, I'm also impressed by Class B's Ibara. Gotta love how in all these tense battles, they still threw in some comical moments. Class B is no pushover.
Apr 17, 2021 2:11 AM

Jul 2020
Much better animation than previous episodes. Especially the parts where Shishido appears were smooth. Probably the only thing that I have complains about is the amount of explanation and narration done by other characters, but other than that, the episode was far better than decent imo

Shinso and Class A students were really in bad shape, but they managed to get up thanks to Asui's strategy and Shinso's Persona Code. Okay, let's see how the next battle goes as well.

P.S. Asui's VA didn't sound similar to the previous eps. Sounded more like Kumoko from "Kumo desu ga nani ka" than the Asui herself than usual.
Even if I'm alone, I'll go, even if I want to die.
I can hear your voice, saying I shouldn't die.
Even if it's difficult, even if I cry from loneliness
I can feel warmth from deep inside my heart.

Going round-and-round and flowing, time is ever-changing.
I can't remember what happened anymore, but
If I try and close my eyes, I can hear someone's laughing voice
For some reason, now, that is My Most Precious Treasure.

from Ichiban no Takaramono, by LiSA
Apr 17, 2021 2:22 AM

Mar 2020
Damn that was a good fight...Asui and Shinso were the MVP for sure and yeah...Vlad King should stop biasing.

Excited for the next match
Apr 17, 2021 2:53 AM

Jun 2019
Shinso was pretty awesome in this episode. Shishida was looking good as well. Little fun moments in the middle of the episodes were great to watch like the biased commentary and Ibara's "I must whip you" LOL. Ibara's vines can be quite scary. Aside from that, Class B showed great potential in their teamwork but it wasn't enough.
Also, Tsuyu did an amazing job with her plan. Basically, it was a pretty action packed episode. Much better than the previous episodes.
Apr 17, 2021 2:55 AM

Jul 2020
A lot of useless dialogue and recap from the previous ep, but on the whole was good especially with the unique planning they used to overcome their adversaries.
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Apr 17, 2021 2:57 AM

Sep 2018
Wow, that was more enjoyable then i remember it from the manga.

Next episode some Tokoyami greatness!
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 17, 2021 3:01 AM

Jul 2017
Let the class battles begin!

Shinso is the hero we're most looking forward to amplifying his powers, and his Quirk "Brainwashing" is evident of that with his helper voice-changing mask of Personas Cords. And Vlad King, your biasness never ends. But if this is any indication, this inter-class battle is much harder than the Sports Festival Tournament arc, and Class 1-A really have to being their A-game against 1-B.

For so long, Asui's toxic mucus is only heard once way back in Season 1, and to see it execute as a vital piece of strategy is nice. Along with Kaminari's scapegoat thinking, the pairing of Shinso and Asui makes the dream team work.

Excited to see when Shinso's power is used against Class 1-A.
Oct 2020
Damn i really underestimated class B...put up an amazing fight and almost won.
Sep 2015
The strategy is so realistic even though it's based on fictional superpower. Though I'm not emotionally engage in this match much because it's not feature my favorite character, but a new variation of "You Say Run" at the end really save this episode. I'll never get bored listening to variations of "You Say Run".

Jan 2021
Quite good animation in battles

First battle, class A wins it ٩(◕‿◕。)۶ , Class B should not be underestimated either
Asui was also impressive with his strategy
Shinzo, despite his little experience, is improving and has been very helpful, I would love to see how he evolves 0.0

Apr 17, 2021 3:04 AM
Mar 2021
Good fighting and strategy. Good job Asui and Shinsou, they are both cool. And also the nature of Shiozaki is quite funny.

Can't wait to see the next match which is Tokoyami's greatness!
Apr 17, 2021 3:09 AM
Jan 2021
I'm loving seeing class-B quirks... Plus Shinso is main in this one so I'm just happy about that. Hoping he'll beat Deku and 1-A honestly 😳

If 1-A wins every match I'll be upset
Apr 17, 2021 3:19 AM

Jul 2013
Better episode than the last one.

Asui would make a good leader.
Apr 17, 2021 3:20 AM

Aug 2020
I guess experience really does matter, wonder how the next battle will go.
Apr 17, 2021 3:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was a great strategy with Shinso's abilities and Tsuyu's mucus, thanks to that they won, the fight was worth it! Good
Apr 17, 2021 3:39 AM

Oct 2009
Man, where's Present Mic when A needs a totally impartial commentator of its own?? You know, just to counter Vlad King. :'D
Apr 17, 2021 3:55 AM

Oct 2017
That was good teamwork from Class A + Shinso team and nice they won.
Apr 17, 2021 4:06 AM
Oct 2016
Shinso really has grown a lot as a hero since we last saw him compete like this. He may have said at the start he's several dozen steps behind but he's really not. We saw it here with this episode that while his thinking isn't at battle speed yet Shinso still is very adequate in a fight. Helping his teammates disrupt the communication of the other team which lead to the class a victory in this first match. We got some great action are first real dose this season in the joint training arc. I loved some of the cuts and animation in the episode, it all looked great showing off the various quirks. Shishida and Shiozaki moves were done well, along with Tsu and Kaminari using there's to disrupt. Solid conclusion to the first match with not only class a getting the victory but Shinso proving his worth and how far he's come.
Apr 17, 2021 4:12 AM

Dec 2020
Shinso new technique is amazing,it looks like after the defeat against deku.
Plus eraser head technique but class b was not bad that i thought
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 17, 2021 4:17 AM

May 2020
Great strategic fight I really liked it. Shinso is cool it’s nice to see him grow as a hero since season 2. When Kaminari told him he liked him even tho Shinso said he didn’t come here to make friends I found it very wholesome lol.
If you want me to prepare a rope for the sake of hanging yourself, forget it. But… If it's a rope for the sake of pulling you up from Hell, no matter how many ropes it takes, I'll prepare them for you. ~Sakata Gintoki
Apr 17, 2021 4:24 AM

Dec 2015
They made this seem like it was a Shinso episode but really Frog Girl did all the work.
She took out Beast Man and Scale Dude with one tongue whip...and she captured the first opponent.
Apr 17, 2021 4:31 AM

Jan 2014
Eyyy Class A wins. Some nice quirks on display here, even if I'm starting to find these kinds of episodes a bit meh, but still enjoyable.
Apr 17, 2021 4:42 AM
Nov 2019
It would be too 😂 if they use all their "budget" for first half and second half suffers because of it.
Apr 17, 2021 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
Okay i loved it. But the animation is really not that good. At some frames, the movement of characters were off and the actions were'nt that fluid. I was already upset about how AOT hasnt had any 2d fight in S4. And now seeing mha i am very upset now.
Apr 17, 2021 5:10 AM
Aug 2020
AnimeBaka_ said:
Okay i loved it. But the animation is really not that good. At some frames, the movement of characters were off and the actions were'nt that fluid. I was already upset about how AOT hasnt had any 2d fight in S4. And now seeing mha i am very upset now.

That suzuki sakuga cut was right there man.
Apr 17, 2021 5:16 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
This episode was set solely on the latter half of the first match between Class 1-A and Class 1-B.

It was cool to see Shinso further becoming more adept to the hero course. It's also good that he is self-aware that his quirk may be powerful but his lack of experience is what holds him back, meaning that he can put trust and reliance in his team.

Kirishima and Koda got pretty much owned right from the get-go. However, we did get to see Asui's leadership skills, and Kaminari's pointers in action.
Apr 17, 2021 5:18 AM

Feb 2018
I loved this episode. But I think there was a mistake at the writing. When Kirishima was falling down to the enemy with great velocity, he was in the red gauntlet mode. His quirk gaves him sharp edges all around his body. So he could have used this chance to pierce through the vines and beat her up. Panicking is not a excuse because he has gone through this kind of fights countless times.
Apr 17, 2021 5:20 AM

Feb 2017
Damn the animation at the start looked so good!

Also I'm glad they keep praising Shinso, he doesn't show it but I bet he's very happy when they praise him and his quirk after people fearing his quirk most of his life.
Apr 17, 2021 5:21 AM

Nov 2013
another great episode, until the very end I want sure who's actually gonna win this one, glad to see Shinso shine but class b got definitely stronger!
Apr 17, 2021 5:24 AM
Jan 2021
No one is talking about Kaminari idea to essentially play everyone by acting as a decoy their chances were essentially escalated by like 80% percent or something his idea essentially allowed Shinsou and Asui to do what they do Kaminari should get an acting award he played all of them
Apr 17, 2021 5:34 AM

Feb 2021
an amazing fight between the 2 classes. can’t wait to see midoriya vs shinso again. hype!
Apr 17, 2021 5:35 AM
Jan 2021
Ashhk said:
That was a great strategy with Shinso's abilities and Tsuyu's mucus, thanks to that they won, the fight was worth it! Good
seriously nothing for Kaminari he literally opened the gate for those 2 by acting as a decoy that’s quite impressive coming from him
Apr 17, 2021 5:38 AM
Jan 2021
Heger said:
I loved this episode. But I think there was a mistake at the writing. When Kirishima was falling down to the enemy with great velocity, he was in the red gauntlet mode. His quirk gaves him sharp edges all around his body. So he could have used this chance to pierce through the vines and beat her up. Panicking is not a excuse because he has gone through this kind of fights countless times.
well no not through all of them at least not enough to shred through in that short of time
Apr 17, 2021 5:57 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! They really pulling out all the stops to make this arc even more enjoyable than the manga for the ones that didn't like it, cause this episode's production was clean as hell.

Shame Kirishima was captured quickly, well that just goes to show that Kirishima is a threat so they had to deal with him first. Kaminari using his brain cells to give the team a chance for victory. Shinso is one of the reasons for their victory, but Froppy was definitely the mvp of the match. She beat a dude with another dude.

Really looking forward to the next episode, let's fucking go my boi Tokoyami.
Apr 17, 2021 5:57 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was pretty good and a good showcase of solid teamwork from both teams.

Tsuyuu deserves the most praise, as her planning to strike back at 1-B after getting caught by surprise was pretty smart of her. Coupled with some good thinking from Shinso and even Denki, their plan went off perfectly.

Some parts of the episode had some nice and fluid animation, which made this episode more satisfying. I know we'll see more sakuga in later fights, but getting a bit of it sprinkled in this episode was a nice addition regardless. Nothing to be upset about, unless you expect god-tier animation every episode... ¬_¬

Either way, I do look forward to the next battle, as it involves Tsukuyomi. =)
Apr 17, 2021 6:03 AM

Aug 2020
cool episode but I'm sick of the long ass explanations done for everything lol, also I think its bout damn time we see the main character
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Apr 17, 2021 6:08 AM
Jan 2021
Meta_Yoshi said:
This episode was pretty good and a good showcase of solid teamwork from both teams.

Tsuyuu deserves the most praise, as her planning to strike back at 1-B after getting caught by surprise was pretty smart of her. Coupled with some good thinking from Shinso and even Denki, their plan went off perfectly.

Some parts of the episode had some nice and fluid animation, which made this episode more satisfying. I know we'll see more sakuga in later fights, but getting a bit of it sprinkled in this episode was a nice addition regardless. Nothing to be upset about, unless you expect god-tier animation every episode... ¬_¬

Meta_Yoshi said:

I think Kaminari and Tsuyu are equal in terms of praise that they deserve then shinsou as he has a chance to prove himself even more in his second match
Apr 17, 2021 6:17 AM
Oct 2012
Congrats to Class A for their victory only thanks to Shinso. Class B was incredible.
Apr 17, 2021 6:34 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Good episode
Animation was on point this time. I loved how class A group 1 worked together
I tried to watch it on my TV but it lagged to much :(
Apr 17, 2021 6:40 AM
Dec 2020
I loved it because the animation was much better and shinso looked pretty cool.
Apr 17, 2021 6:51 AM

Feb 2016
I’m not enjoying this anime...boring boring boring. Can we skip these training arc please
Apr 17, 2021 6:59 AM

Aug 2017
I'm feeling so many Mob Psycho 100 and Kekkai Sensen vibes it's amazing!!!! The director's work is amazing, this episode had such a different and unique feel from most of the other MHA episodes, really loved it!
Apr 17, 2021 7:00 AM
Jun 2020
Best episode of Season 5 so far.
My thoughts:

-The art in the previous episodes looked kinda... awkward, I would say. But it's got much more consistent and crisp for this one.
-The animation was spectacular. We got some very nice fluid and expressive sakuga moments. The best were definetly Denki approaching Shishida and Shishida chasing after Shinso.
-Rin's VA didn't gave to go this hard on the voice acting, but he did, haha.
-Soundtrack was nice.
-Tsuburama is a fucking simp.
-Shinso is now one of my favorite characters.
-Tsuyu's voice got... Deeper? Matured? More serious? Idk how to say it exactly but I hope I'm not the only one noticing Tsuyu's different tone.

Overall 9/10 or even 10/10 episode. Lots of hype and Bones is doing an excellent job with the directing, even though this is considered one of the weaker arcs of the manga.
Apr 17, 2021 7:03 AM
Jan 2021
KumaMerrow said:
Congrats to Class A for their victory only thanks to Shinso. Class B was incredible.
not only Tsuyu and Kaminari played big parts
Apr 17, 2021 7:04 AM

May 2015
Noo Vine girl lost :)(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 17, 2021 7:05 AM
Jan 2021
Mr360AttAck said:
I’m not enjoying this anime...boring boring boring. Can we skip these training arc please
no screw you I want this so shut up
Apr 17, 2021 7:07 AM
Jan 2021
FrozenRaider said:
Noo Vine girl lost :)(
hehe Kaminari got his payback
Apr 17, 2021 7:25 AM
Jan 2010
The VA of the frog bitch completely forgot how to act huh?
Apr 17, 2021 7:37 AM

Dec 2015
StardustReverie said:
The VA of the frog bitch completely forgot how to act huh?

I think she just kinda...stopped trying.
Apr 17, 2021 7:43 AM
May 2019
This episode was great. Personally im enjoying this season so far way more than the start of last season. Also anyone know why Tsuyu sounded different? It still sounded like yuuki aoi tho which is weird.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.