Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Edens Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 24, 2021 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The amount of character focus on Hermit was more than I had expected. I can sympathize with her thoughts about human and machines. From this episode, it's clear they tried to make us understand more about Hermit and her perspective.

Not a bad episode especially if you've grown attached to Hermit this season.
Jul 24, 2021 3:43 PM

Feb 2019
Man the shit hermit’s been through was really heartbreaking. Was so hard watching her get betrayed and experimented on for two YEARS. No wonder she was so apprehensive to human friends. Really touching moment with her smiling there at the end.
Jul 24, 2021 4:34 PM

Sep 2017
PROTECC HERMIT
Pretty emotional episode, showing Hermit's tragic backstory, fuck Dr. Müller, he was despicable, at least the crew managed to turn Hermit feelings around and we get to see her precious smile, that was adorbs.
Jul 24, 2021 6:00 PM

Dec 2020
power of friendship(robot and humans both because we're inclusive like that) SAVES THE DAYYY!! and now we have hacker hatsune miku on board fuck yeah
Jul 24, 2021 8:44 PM

Oct 2016
Aww man, we must protect Hermit at all costs. Teared up at the end of the episode, Witch is right, Hermit has the most beautiful smile.

Say it with me now, fuck Muller, all my homies hate Muller. Spider didn't explode into many pieces, but him pissing his pants is good enough I guess. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 24, 2021 9:02 PM

Jan 2017
Recovering from such betrayal from Dr Muller will sure be a tough battle for Hermit, that smile needs to be PROTECC
Jul 24, 2021 9:55 PM

Jul 2017
Edens Zero getting hacked and destroyed from the inside by the Genius Hacker Spider, and if that's not enough, Hermit's backstory really is one of despair to understand why she gave up hope on humans, and she's the only one whom can ride this desperate situation out to save Edens Zero.

Dr. Muller's Plan C7 on Planet Newton 15 years ago, and his long nose is reminiscent of Pinocchio's with the whole backstabbing betrayal that was once trustworthy to Hermit to work together with, humans and machines, hand in hand on the Ether accelerator to save bot planets receiving Ether...in a weaponized way to exterminate machines.

Seriously though, Hermit's smile is worth protecting, and getting saved from the Interstellar Union Army is but her saving grace. Rebecca and Shiki's pep talk to convince her can only go as far as belief does, and the hope arises again to believe in humans. Giving Spider a taste of his own medicine by pissing his pants, that's good enough.

PROTECC THAT BEAUTIFUL SMILE.
Jul 25, 2021 1:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I know it, its a weapon! Well, fuckin evil mad scientist used a pure innocent Hermit and her ability with all of those fake smile and bullshit care about the bots. No wonder Hermit went so broken before. I thought its because of how Digitalis turned out in the hands of those otaku Jamilov. But, its far from that, and, yeah, that's it the in-between time that happened after Hermit left Ziggy and how the present time was presented there.

Interesting backstory episode, quite touching and emotional. I wonder if the last shining stars android arc will be this touching to present, judging from the ed sequence. Hopefully its not that sad, so, yeah, lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 25, 2021 2:19 AM
Apr 2016
This is the most generic episode i ve ever watched. The giant weapon was so obvious, especially when the mad scientist had the nose of a liar.

And then we had a load of friendship bs, it was quite an annoying episode.
Jul 25, 2021 7:01 AM
Oct 2019
God damn that backstory was painful to watch...
No wonder Hermit become so traumatic, Dr. Muller trick her to making a weapon to destroyed the robot.

Protect that Beautiful Smile!!!
Jul 25, 2021 8:07 AM

Jan 2009
Hermit be like "friendship ended with Muller, now Shiki is my best friend"

the Power of Friendship saves the day again

Hermit arc finale made me cry nice one
Jul 25, 2021 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
the trauma of Hermit It was very well built and I liked how they beat the situation where they were on the Attacked by that man.
Jul 25, 2021 7:17 PM

Oct 2018
Muller is disguting (the same for his group)... I remember howi i hate him in the manga so during the episode, i wanted to hit him everytime i saw him...

Harmit is very cute with her smile, happy for her to join the group

Jul 26, 2021 1:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is one of the worst writing I've ever seen in an anime hahahaha but that's funny to witness, the backstory was hilarious it didn't make any sense how the professor and scientists suddenly became evil and psychopathic xD at least Shiki etc fixed her thanks to the power of friendship at the end
Jul 26, 2021 1:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Franck_Nicolas said:
This is the most generic episode i ve ever watched. The giant weapon was so obvious, especially when the mad scientist had the nose of a liar.

I swear the writing feels like watching these local childish cartoons that I watched on TV when I was 8-9 years old
Jul 26, 2021 5:32 AM
Aug 2017
Ashhk said:
This is one of the worst writing I've ever seen in an anime hahahaha but that's funny to witness, the backstory was hilarious it didn't make any sense how the professor and scientists suddenly became evil and psychopathic xD at least Shiki etc fixed her thanks to the power of friendship at the end

What part of it didn't make any sense? The professor and the scientists were evil from the start. They were just pretending to be nice so they can use Hermit's ability and the robots for their own benefit. They never care for machines. When their goal was achieved, they had no reason to fake being nice to Hermit anymore.

Jul 26, 2021 6:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Himawari9 said:
Ashhk said:

What part of it didn't make any sense? The professor and the scientists were evil from the start. They were just pretending to be nice so they can use Hermit's ability and the robots for their own benefit. They never care for machines. When their goal was achieved, they had no reason to fake being nice to Hermit anymore.

Nah I mean it's not that it's not making any sense but the way it was done really felt like a parody more than anything else, especially with how "extreme" their personality changed
Jul 26, 2021 12:50 PM

May 2013
Ashhk said:
Himawari9 said:

Nah I mean it's not that it's not making any sense but the way it was done really felt like a parody more than anything else, especially with how "extreme" their personality changed

Their personality never changed, they were acting the whole time to get Hermit's help. That's not difficult to understand.
The human scientists laughed at Hermit when she asked Muller if they can be friends. That was not friendly laughs. This was not difficult to catch too.
Jul 26, 2021 2:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
DlynK said:
Ashhk said:

Their personality never changed, they were acting the whole time to get Hermit's help. That's not difficult to understand.
The human scientists laughed at Hermit when she asked Muller if they can be friends. That was not friendly laughs. This was not difficult to catch too.
But I obviously know that lmao, I just told that it was so stupidly done that it felt funnier than dramatic
Jul 26, 2021 10:08 PM

Oct 2017
That was way too cruel, those bastard aren't humans.

Good to have Hermit back, I'm glad Rebecca managed get through to her.
Jul 27, 2021 2:25 AM
Nov 2019
lizzziziz said:
power of friendship(robot and humans both because we're inclusive like that) SAVES THE DAYYY!! and now we have hacker hatsune miku on board fuck yeah
That wasn't POF. Hermit is naturally skilled and her trauma isn't truly away.
Jul 27, 2021 2:28 AM
Nov 2019
deg said:
Hermit be like "friendship ended with Muller, now Shiki is my best friend"

the Power of Friendship saves the day again

Hermit arc finale made me cry nice one
Nothing POF. Her trauma is there, but she knew she got help everyone with what going on.
Jul 27, 2021 2:32 AM
Nov 2019
Franck_Nicolas said:

Nothing generic about especially the machine as been giant technology like that and they aren't weapons and where was POF? Talking her to help with trauma isn't POF nor is it BS as you would realistically talk to someone on their issues. Her trauma isn't gone and won't forget it, but she can't ignore reality on her allies being in danger.

Your grasping at straws to critic this when in reality it is solid episode and development on Hermit.
Jul 27, 2021 2:37 AM
Nov 2019
Ashhk said:
Enough trolling. Your not doing anything by BS statements. This was solid episode and there more to backstory as you can see there be bigger lore into it later and hiding who you really are on others isn't really 'bad writing'.

How? Where POF? Hermit beating Spider is BS? You do realize she been hype as skilled programmer of EZ's Shining Stars. Why would it not debut how strong her abilities are? Plus her trauma is there and your grasping at straws on it. Doing actions now doesn't erase trauma you have. Your bad critic if you think that is it to it.
LordChuckMoe221Jul 27, 2021 2:45 AM
Jul 27, 2021 2:43 AM
Nov 2019
Ashhk said:
Franck_Nicolas said:

I swear the writing feels like watching these local childish cartoons that I watched on TV when I was 8-9 years old
Idk what you watching but shows aren't this dark or heavy like this. Don't try to troll over your insecurity on understand episode. Acting like childish toddler with posts like these and it wasn't even 'annoying' episode either.
Ashhk said:
DlynK said:

But I obviously know that lmao, I just told that it was so stupidly done that it felt funnier than dramatic
Not really. Might be your unable to open your mind much to work on details if you think it that. It quite dramatic especially the betrayal and what happened to her and the robots. You can watch that it foreshadowing about it into the work.
Jul 27, 2021 5:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
LordChuckMoe221 said:
Ashhk said:
Idk what you watching but shows aren't this dark or heavy like this. Don't try to troll over your insecurity on understand episode. Acting like childish toddler with posts like these and it wasn't even 'annoying' episode either.
"your insecurity on understand episode" hahahaha, you remind me about the "To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty" copy-pasta
Jul 27, 2021 11:33 AM
Apr 2016
Some Pingoo episodes are deeper than this xp
Jul 27, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2016
Aww I really like Hermit!, I'm not crying I swear
Jul 27, 2021 12:49 PM

Nov 2019
Watching fake Miku cry didn't call forth any emotions within me. The struggle to finish this anime continues.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jul 29, 2021 1:39 PM

Nov 2017
So that's why Hermit hates humans. That was... pretty depressing actually, goodness gracious. Which made that smile at the end all the more refreshing and heartwarming
Aug 1, 2021 2:20 PM

Feb 2012
An episode that shows Hermit returning to the crew and saving Eden's Zero as well as reveal more about her past and why she came to hate humans (damn, Shiki still doesn't know that it wasn't a virus on Granbell...)

"Planet Newton" vs "Planet Hook(e)" (physicists will get the joke).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 2, 2021 7:08 AM

May 2018
Backstory time! Good thing Hermit is now smiling again
Aug 2, 2021 7:12 AM

May 2018
Ashhk said:
DlynK said:

I agree. It was really fucking funny watching the scientists suddenly go psycho mode xD
Aug 3, 2021 5:53 PM

Nov 2009
Never trust scientists, most of them are crazy.

There's a reason why the term "mad scientist" exists.

Poor robots, never knew they were making a weapon to kill themselves... imagine what would happen if someone did this to Granbell and Shiki found out about it... the rage Shiki give would probably end up with a galaxy size blackhole.

___ ___ ___

At least Hermit remembered her initial goal and what she wanted.

Also, Hermit smiling reminds me of FT's Wendy smiling.

PROTECC DA SMILE ;D
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 9, 2021 12:00 AM

Dec 2016
The incident that made Hermit hate humans was actually really cruel. It's obvious that anyone would have severe trust issues after experiencing that. Just how did Hermit fall into their hands...?

What Shiki said to Hermit was beautiful.

Hermit's smile is indeed beautiful.
Sep 12, 2021 12:32 AM

Jun 2019
That was pretty sad what they did to Hermit and yeah, her past was really sad. No wonder, she can't trust any humans and doesn't wanna help any of them.

But, at least she was able to trust at last and be friends with everyone on the ship once again. Edens Zero is fine.
Oct 8, 2021 10:35 AM

Jan 2014
I cant believe someone as experienced as Mashima is still writing shit like this... On paper it was a great episode to show why Hermit is like this but man can you at least try to be less crude?

EVIL scientists doing EVIL shit while having EVIL smiles and punching and killing robots that are basically free labor because they are EVIL after all... This should be thaught at schools on how not to write a villain...
Nov 25, 2021 1:31 AM

Jul 2015
Beautiful smile of Hermit at the end. Shiki and Hermit are similiar in many ways from getting betrayed (although the Granbell bots pretended) to wanting to becoming friends with everyone.

Dec 8, 2021 9:17 AM

Jan 2019
Lol, that backstory was childish as f*ck, couldn't stop laughing.

Didn't Edens Zero fans say it is more mature than FT?
DelischesDec 8, 2021 9:21 AM
Dec 20, 2021 8:55 AM

May 2015
Lol I felt from a another planet that Doc Muller is evil as fuck.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 20, 2021 1:11 PM
May 2018
Delisches said:

In the first season, everything is just beginning.
Dec 21, 2021 12:32 AM

Jan 2019
ViktorZhukov2018 said:
Delisches said:

Didn't we already have this conversation?

Like I said, I will judge what I saw and not what could possible be in a season two I probably won't watch after seeing this one.
Mar 27, 2022 4:52 PM
Jun 2017
Delisches said:
ViktorZhukov2018 said:

Like I said, I will judge what I saw and not what could possible be in a season two I probably won't watch after seeing this one.

That was not childish... It's just simple and in a way, theatrical. Japanese love this narrating method. Master directors like Kurosawa used it for his movies too. It's just a very dramatic, almost caricature like, way of expressing an idea.

Of course, you can't compare Kurosawa to Mishima. But that's not the point anyways. The series might have a silly and simplistic way of narrating but it's themes are undoubtedly more mature than FT. You don't need a grim ambient or overly realistic art to aim towards a more mature audience.
Mar 28, 2022 11:06 AM

Jan 2019
Aplope said:
Delisches said:

That was not childish... It's just simple and in a way, theatrical. Japanese love this narrating method. Master directors like Kurosawa used it for his movies too. It's just a very dramatic, almost caricature like, way of expressing an idea.

Of course, you can't compare Kurosawa to Mishima. But that's not the point anyways. The series might have a silly and simplistic way of narrating but it's themes are undoubtedly more mature than FT. You don't need a grim ambient or overly realistic art to aim towards a more mature audience.

That doctor feld like a cartoon villain.
She just wants to make friends and meets the most cartoonish evil doctor who absolutely hates robots for no reason. And of course, none of the robots notice they build a giant wapon.
I was laughing at how serious the show tries to portay that stuff.

So far I haven't seen anything mature in that show, unless EZ fans think characters like that make a show mature.
Dec 11, 2022 11:06 AM
Apr 2018
Is Hermit retarded? Why would Ziggy let someone so naive wonder around on her own? Like how obvious was it that it was a giant cannon, especially since she literally did the calculations for it. Were all of the other bots also retarded? You literally worked on the damn thing for years, how could you not figure it out. And Muller doesn't make any sense. He hates bots because he thinks humans are superior, but he literally needed a bot to finish the calculations because no human could do it. And why were the people of this planet ok with what is obviously a giant gun being built in the middle of a city? And how did it take the galactic government 2 years to step in after an entire fucking planet got destroyed in broad daylight with potentially millions of witnesses? So stupid.
Dec 11, 2022 11:09 AM
Apr 2018
revzy said:
Watching fake Miku cry didn't call forth any emotions within me. The struggle to finish this anime continues.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed she's a blatant Miku rip off, and I barely know anything about Miku.
Dec 11, 2022 11:15 AM
Apr 2018
revzy said:

Same. It started out with some promise but man is it dragging. Gonna power through but forget watching season 2.
Jan 1, 2023 10:16 PM
Jan 2023
I honestly couldn’t take this episode seriously. Even in a cartoon. This was too cartoonish. And I love cartoonish villainy. I can’t even hate Mueller cause it’s just so cheap. Especially his 2nd heel turn after he goes full borg. The man is a prop. Nothing more.
Feb 20, 2023 1:25 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Aww Hermit is so cute! This very much gave me “I want to live!” vibes (if you know, you know)
Mar 29, 2023 1:00 PM
Aug 2021
so they just make the scientist outrageously evil out of nowhere so they didnt have to write a good backstory for hermit. this could have been done so much better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

45 by nessflamvell1992 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:26 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

33 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 17, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

162 by nyankana »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

123 by NatsuDragneel33 »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

82 by Ichigo28582 »»
Jun 29, 2023 4:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.