Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 18, 2021 4:12 AM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Solid Episode!!! School idols are banned, as always for this franchise.
Keke is the most energetic one and the one who wants to be a school idol the most. However, she is the first one to be exhaust. lmao. Her stamina equals 0. She gonna turns out to be Konoe Kanata at this point. However, with her training hard, her stamina and her performance have been improving day by day.
I really love Kanon in her glasses. Chisato's rap was also cute. yo! yo! yo!
Now, it's time for the school idol festival.

The third episode will be delayed due to the Olympics, it will air on 8 August
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 18, 2021 6:10 AM

Jan 2019
the OP and ED are awesome. keke really not athletic but with hard work and determination, it looks like she'll make it through. all around great episode
Jul 18, 2021 7:41 AM

Nov 2008
Keke needs to improve her stamina and fast, it's far worse than Kanata's and is becoming more closer to Kozue Yusa from Idolmaster, where she can barely do anything without poofing out. I can see Chisato implementing some hip hop in her performances, it would spice up the music for sure if she did though.

Jul 18, 2021 1:51 PM

Apr 2020
She said that only one part of the lyrics was written in Chinese, but she ended up writing everything except for the side notes in kanji. 🤣
BestMillimeter18Jul 18, 2021 1:59 PM
Jul 18, 2021 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
Ah yes. The other part of being an idol is the fitness and stamina levels. Honestly I should try that sometime, to get into shape more haha. But I do love the never give up attitude.
Jul 18, 2021 3:19 PM

Jul 2011
After this episode, if at some point they make a song with Chisato as center and she not rap, I will be extremely disappointed.

Keke have her priorities straight, for having a huge idol portrait and just her sleeping bag unpacked.

Great training montage.

Basic LL faceless father.

Now just to Hazuki to show what her deal to join the group. Chisato, is because she have a good relationship, Sumire will be to become famous.
Jul 18, 2021 7:11 PM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
Alright I'm officially loving this show. This episode was nothing but good Love Live vibes from the over the top goofy humor to the training montages which feels somewhat nostalgic and reminiscent of the original. Kanon's family reactions are always great. Chisato's rap was amazing and I like how she's helping them out. Sumire not trying to be seen. Ren with the Eli similarities. Keke just doing Keke things. Splendid all around! Oh yea the OP and ED are great too.
Jul 18, 2021 7:20 PM

Apr 2010
Really liking this season, after disliking Nijigasaki a lot.. LL! back to form!

Characters are charming, music is great so far.
Jul 18, 2021 7:40 PM

Jan 2011
i'm still enjoying this though it feels more back to the goofy-ness of sunshine which i personally really hate it's ran it's course with those kind of tropey look at how silly this one girl is shes doing the that one funny face we all know , with the smallest cast of characters i just want some more depth to them instead of relying on these one off trope personalities

music is good the ed was quite fun to watch despite it being weird seeing them all together despite that not even being the case yet lol
Jul 18, 2021 8:47 PM

Jul 2017
Really feel-good ep! Smoothly got through a lot. Need that next one bad!

Edit: Finally realised why Chisato and Ren had me trippin, damn lol

AttackonfillerJul 18, 2021 9:09 PM

Jul 18, 2021 11:52 PM

Jul 2016
Keke's butt or Sumire's super thicc thighs?... sigh* what a dilemma.

Overall and leaving aside the first few minutes with Hazuki doing the same old boring "No Idols!" routine both Eli and Dia once did, this was a really enjoyable episode. Keke (I can see so many different LL characters combined in her little persona lol) was particularly amusing with her antics and Kanon getting more and more confident about her new goal of becoming an Idol was also quite nice to see.
Jul 18, 2021 11:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So now they have a chance to be idols, but they have to win 1st place for the next idol festival, lot of training is required indeed but they're doing good... it's actually great so far, it really has that older love live feeling and I'm loving it, not to mention that all the girls are very cute so far, too bad the next episode is in 3 weeks :(
Jul 19, 2021 12:37 AM

Feb 2020
Good OP and ED.

Nice training montage. You need to be strong if you want to be an idol.

Poor Keke, though. She's not a very athletic person, hehe.

SerafosDec 26, 2023 3:15 AM
Jul 19, 2021 2:10 AM

Aug 2019
Keke is easily my favorite character in this show, maybe even in the whole LL universe to be honest but it’s a bit early for that

also can’t be a Love Live without the strict girl that is against idols to actually be a fan of them lmao, well except for Nijigasaki which is a bit different from the rest and doesn’t follow the same formula
snowykevinJul 19, 2021 2:23 AM
Jul 19, 2021 5:44 AM

Oct 2017
Nice they formed the club and they already need to pass quite a big hurdle but I'm sure they'll be able to do it.
Jul 19, 2021 6:46 AM

Jul 2014
Finally, an anti-idol character in a Love Live series with a reason for the stance that actually makes sense and is actually fairly reasonable: it's entirely fair for Ren to worry that the proposed school idol club would do damage to the school's reputation in musical spheres and to reject the application based on that. At the same time, it's also nice that the headmistress took that into account but said they could form the club if they win the local competition anyway, rather than taking a similarly hardline stance.

That aside, with the screentime she got this week Chii is continuing to grow on me, while I don't feel quite so harshly about Ren or Keke after this episode (though Keke is very clearly going to be the meme character this time around). As for Sumire, her brief moment of screentime this episode only makes her that little bit more mysterious as I have absolutely no idea what she was trying to do there (I will say, though, her training clothes as seen in this week's song were seriously stylish). Whatever her deal is, this is definitely shaping us as my overall favourite Love Live cast so far, though we've obviously got a long way to go and probably a fair amount of drama to come.

On a more joking note, I can't be the only one to find it ironic for the Chinese character to be talking about freedom with that whole petition thing, right?

And now for the long three-week wait for the next episode.
Jul 19, 2021 10:51 AM

Nov 2017
Another fairly solid episode with keke continuing to keep best girl status. I’m really hoping more character quirks will shine through as we keep going on, and sumire seems to be a promising candidate from the small bit we saw with her! One thing I hope for with this season, is more depth as the cast is a big downsize from previous seasons. Over all a cute n comfy episode :)

Jul 19, 2021 11:06 AM
Dec 2020
The episode was really good!! Reminds me a lot of the 1st Love Live so that's awesome, and Keke is sooo relatable!!!
Jul 19, 2021 12:00 PM
Sep 2017
Last week I watched episode 1 alongside the other things I have in my "currently watching" section (so it ended up following on directly from Getter for me).

This week was not the case, as I opted to watch episode 2 completely standalone, and... it's completely able to hold my attention. I relate to Keke's lack of stamina hard as I don't like physical activity (though I don't think even mine's that bad)

The "never give up" attitude the girls are pushing for is nice too (and I feel obligated to mention that Sumire's outfit at one point in the ED is definitely my kind of outfit for a girl to wear).

Also,
Jul 19, 2021 1:32 PM

Jun 2021
this isn't probably ever going to be my favorite series of the franchise but it is making something different here and there as noticed with these two episodes and it's something that deserves respect; examples are an acoustic guitar instead of piano as the main instrument for composing new songs and a sort of more reasonable motivation of the anti-idol (at first) character for being such.

Being able to see Kanon's dad (partially, of course) was also something, in fact i was almost (ALMOST...) expecting a line from him when he's called by her daughter (plus, her wife and second child probably eavesdrop too much or Kanon and Keke should really talk somewhere else)

Nice opening song maybe better than the one for Nijigasaki, the ending is also good but just isn't the wonderful Neo Sky Neo Map (well, it's almost unreachable in my humble opinion) or the two from the µ's days

Jul 19, 2021 5:06 PM
Aug 2019
I'm loving this season so far, really. It feels like something refreshing in Love Live, and I love it lol Also, the animation in general is super good! The last song (before the ending) was super cute, too! For now, my favorite girl has been Chisato~ Can't wait to see more from Heanna though
Jul 19, 2021 5:44 PM
Apr 2018
This ep was hilarious in my book, Keke is so charming and cute! Ren opposing the idols was meh, but it seems she's powerless. I don't really think the girls can reach top 1 at the festival but I don't mind it. The ending song was so goood imo! Most LL anisongs are a miss (at first for me) but not the new one.

Ughhh, I love the Olympics but waiting for a new episode is gonna hurt
Jul 19, 2021 11:03 PM

Nov 2020
I really like how Superstar is shaping up so far! I'm totally enjoying the more limited cast (even if not all of the characters have been introduced ;P). One of my only gripes about LL/idol anime is usually how many characters there are and trying to find a balance between all of them story-wise, so when it was first announced that this season was only going to have 5 I had a feeling I'd really like that.

Also, as a fellow guitar player, I'm glad Kanon is showing some representation! Idol music is usually lacking in being more rock-sounding, and my favorite songs from LL have all been the rock/metal inspired stuff (I know she's using an acoustic, that's just more so my taste in music).
Jul 20, 2021 12:48 AM

Dec 2015
ED was really nice. Curious about how things are going to develop,but now we wait 2 weeks...
Jul 20, 2021 12:49 AM

Jan 2015
Oh wow amazing episode. It just felt so good and refreshing. This is truly shaping up to be the best LL I’ve watched.

The ED song with those visuals tho, I loved it.
Jul 20, 2021 2:31 AM

Aug 2011
This episode so great, visual, music, ost and everything.
Jul 20, 2021 3:44 AM

May 2018
Of course it's always the school club president who secretly loves idols and the headmaster who gives the main cast a chance. I love the ED though
Jul 20, 2021 5:32 AM

Oct 2007
Kanon smiling face is kawaii. She looks so happy singing in the sofa.

the OP is so alive, rfreshing to listen to.

Keke made me laugh a lot this episode. She wanna transfer schools because Ren annoyed her. Another abrasive encounter between Kanon and Ren as well.. good thing the school director is more reasonable.. but still a big problem, because now they have to get first place in a competition. This is a high level school.

Chii-chan is helpful friend.

looking forward to next episode in August.
Jul 20, 2021 5:47 AM

Apr 2020
Great episode! Hope it keeps its momentum like this. With the smaller cast this time around, here's to hoping they're all going to be really fleshed out by the end.

And now the long wait begins... *sigh*
Jul 20, 2021 6:05 AM

Mar 2014
Great ep I like it and Keke sure is funny to watch

AkeZZZ said:

The third episode will be delayed due to the Olympics, it will air on 8 August

That's too bad...
Jul 20, 2021 6:36 AM

Nov 2016
Yeah, no way that Hazuki could have her way.

I can't help it, but Chisato looks way more Chinese to me than Keke, lol. Keke still best girl, tho. Every second with her is bliss (🐼 sleeping bag killed me) And I friggin love this installment already in general. It's insanely enjoyable so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 20, 2021 6:39 AM

Jan 2019
TARDISES said:

Also,

This was visible in the background of the first episode too, when Kanon was singing and dancing in the end.

Furthermore I expect Sumire to be the next member of the group. Just for the ending. But this is a wild guess. I think that the sequence of the gathering of the members in the ending represents the sequence of the admission into the group. But this theory ignores willfully the fact, that technically the first member should be Keke and not Kanon, but following sequence is shown: Keke -> Kanon -> Sumire -> Chisato -> Ren.
Nevertheless, wild guessing is fun.
Jul 20, 2021 6:59 AM
Jul 2018
Finally new love live with a love live vibe! Nijigasaki didn't have the unique vibe of love live series somewhat
Jul 20, 2021 7:34 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
SouthRzVa said:
Keke's butt or Sumire's super thicc thighs?... sigh* what a dilemma.

A question we may never truly have an answer to lol..

Really loving this Love Live so far, both OP and ED were great, although I think I slightly prefer the ED, I especially loved the visuals. I enjoyed seeing the girls train and build up their stamina to keep up with the dance choreography, that’s something I always thought looked super difficult and I’m glad to see them develop that skill. I also gotta say I liked the small tidbit of Chisato’s rap in the middle of the episode, it was very cute. Shame the next episode is delayed for that long, but I can wait patiently.
Jul 20, 2021 8:34 AM

Apr 2014
Tigerle said:
TARDISES said:

Also,

This was visible in the background of the first episode too, when Kanon was singing and dancing in the end.

Furthermore I expect Sumire to be the next member of the group. Just for the ending. But this is a wild guess. I think that the sequence of the gathering of the members in the ending represents the sequence of the admission into the group. But this theory ignores willfully the fact, that technically the first member should be Keke and not Kanon, but following sequence is shown: Keke -> Kanon -> Sumire -> Chisato -> Ren.
Nevertheless, wild guessing is fun.

Yeah! that 'Honk'. It might be some easter egg of the series.

Well, the ED spoiled the group joining sequences as you said. Everything can be changed, so let's wait to see. However, in my opinion, it will be like in the ED. While both Keke and Kanon could the first official member of the group.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 20, 2021 10:02 AM
Nov 2020
Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2: School Idol is Banned?!

Great episode again to put in a nutshell:
>Kanon-chan's song again about her fave food café au lait, tomatoes, hamburg steak is such a bless
>Keke-chan's dorky side again and her zero stamina
>Chii-chan rap we call her Lil' Chisa
>Sumire wants to seek attention to celeb scouta but failed
>Ren banned school idol because it relates to music but Hana (Ren's mom) did approve Keke's school idol club but they have to be in 1st place in Yoyogi School Idol Festival
>The two DiverDiva with Aikatsu duo have dropped a name called "SunnyPa"

Tbh Kanon-chan singing about her fave food is goofy and both her mom and Aria questioning what happened to Kanon-chan the OP is good and you didn't notice that the OP they performed is on Japan National Stadium which the Olympics held

The ED was great visuals the good old Love Live! ED is there.

Ren's action is reasonable tbh because both Kanon and Keke are both in General Course and may hurt Yuigaoka's reputation but her mother, Hana approve the club but.... In one assignment. They have to be in 1st place at Yoyogi School Idol Festival (maybe a mini event in LL! universe because Love Live! is now a norm)

Chii-chan's love for Manmaru ia cute but Manmaru is scared of Chii-chan.

11/10 great episode again!
Jul 20, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
2 eps in and I’m pretty sure this better than Nijigaku already, and that’s coming from someone who loved nijigaku. I think Kanon is the best MC we’ve had. Dunno who will be waifu yet, maybe Chi, maybe Keke, we’ll see.
Jul 20, 2021 12:16 PM
Jun 2021
Hoppy said:
Keke needs to improve her stamina and fast, it's far worse than Kanata's and is becoming more closer to Kozue Yusa from Idolmaster, where she can barely do anything without poofing out. I can see Chisato implementing some hip hop in her performances, it would spice up the music for sure if she did though.
did you like not see the ending? she clearly improved A LOT. she even took the time to wake up at 5 am to run from her house to kanon’s house. her progress from the beginning to the end was amazing
Jul 20, 2021 5:06 PM

Nov 2020
I liked this episode, the OP is great. Nice to see the anti-idol girl actually being reasonable. It's also great to see a guitar being used as the instrument for composing music instead of piano. Waiting for episode three will be a pain...
Jul 20, 2021 6:16 PM

Jun 2021
First, love the OP/ED

The episode was good. The comedy and the animation felt more consistent than episode 1. The story so far is straightforward, but looking forward to what happens at their first event.
Jul 20, 2021 8:06 PM

Dec 2014
Great stuff, extremely enjoyable. Can't be an idol without training.

The OP and ED are great but I'm loving the ED way more at the moment, even the visuals are great.
Jul 21, 2021 5:29 AM

Aug 2017
Tabemonogatari said:
Also, as a fellow guitar player, I'm glad Kanon is showing some representation! Idol music is usually lacking in being more rock-sounding, and my favorite songs from LL have all been the rock/metal inspired stuff (I know she's using an acoustic, that's just more so my taste in music).

I doubt they'd go for it due to lower popularity but I'd like if they made a LL that focuses on a more metal group. it could follow the standard of the other LL's in having people against it that need to be proven wrong, this case could be at a school with other idol groups that think heavy music has no place in idol groups or something.
Jul 21, 2021 10:21 AM

Nov 2017
That ED was awesome.

Did Kuukuu make Kanon pull around a big ass cart while she stood on top of it? lol I really liked how well animated everyone's facial expressions were this episode. So in order for them to have a school idol club they have to place first in this competition. Alrighty, let's see how this goes
Jul 21, 2021 11:49 AM

Nov 2020
Bloodglas said:
Tabemonogatari said:

I doubt they'd go for it due to lower popularity but I'd like if they made a LL that focuses on a more metal group. it could follow the standard of the other LL's in having people against it that need to be proven wrong, this case could be at a school with other idol groups that think heavy music has no place in idol groups or something.

Yeah I'd totally enjoy that concept, although like you said, I doubt it'd ever happen just due to metal being more divisive and niche. Some kawaii metal like BABYMETAL I could definitely see working though. Oh well, so far the closest thing we have is the absolute banger Believe again from Saint Snow.
Jul 22, 2021 5:34 PM
Jun 2021
Atavistic said:
Finally, an anti-idol character in a Love Live series with a reason for the stance that actually makes sense and is actually fairly reasonable: it's entirely fair for Ren to worry that the proposed school idol club would do damage to the school's reputation in musical spheres and to reject the application based on that. At the same time, it's also nice that the headmistress took that into account but said they could form the club if they win the local competition anyway, rather than taking a similarly hardline stance.

That aside, with the screentime she got this week Chii is continuing to grow on me, while I don't feel quite so harshly about Ren or Keke after this episode (though Keke is very clearly going to be the meme character this time around). As for Sumire, her brief moment of screentime this episode only makes her that little bit more mysterious as I have absolutely no idea what she was trying to do there (I will say, though, her training clothes as seen in this week's song were seriously stylish). Whatever her deal is, this is definitely shaping us as my overall favourite Love Live cast so far, though we've obviously got a long way to go and probably a fair amount of drama to come.

On a more joking note, I can't be the only one to find it ironic for the Chinese character to be talking about freedom with that whole petition thing, right?

And now for the long three-week wait for the next episode.

bro agree, i’ve seen people saying “ren doesn’t even have a reason” when really, she has a good valid reason. the school was known and famous for music, so having rookies represent the school will not be a good look. though, it seems like ren has only seen kanon and keke when they’re playing around, which is why I think she might not be taking them seriously. I think once she seems them taking it seriously (which they are, just she hasn’t seen it) she’ll switch up.
Jul 23, 2021 8:43 AM

Dec 2018
My little lesbians were training hard to become idols. Clinging on to each other, and the way they look at each other! God they are so gay,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

But I want more Yuri. This is LL after all! And I want the Yuri vibes to go through the roof

Still, only 2 episodes In, so a lot of time to correct this

Jul 25, 2021 8:57 PM

Jan 2013
Tabemonogatari said:
Bloodglas said:

Yeah I'd totally enjoy that concept, although like you said, I doubt it'd ever happen just due to metal being more divisive and niche. Some kawaii metal like BABYMETAL I could definitely see working though. Oh well, so far the closest thing we have is the absolute banger Believe again from Saint Snow.

Aqours' Gulity Kiss subunit also has some hard hitting songs. Strawberry Trapper and Kowareyasuki come to mind. Then there's Maze Town by Nijigasaki's AZUNA subunit.
Salmon is delicious.
Jul 26, 2021 10:40 AM

Jan 2019
Exaccus said:
Tabemonogatari said:

Aqours' Gulity Kiss subunit also has some hard hitting songs. Strawberry Trapper and Kowareyasuki come to mind. Then there's Maze Town by Nijigasaki's AZUNA subunit.

Furthermore there is "Listen to my heart" by Hanayo, Rin and Nico
And there is the Metal Panther Remix of "Cutie Panther" by Bibi
Jul 28, 2021 8:39 PM

Jul 2015
Ah, this is beautiful. It reminds me a lot of LL Sunshine with it's comedy style. I loved it there, and it's just as great here.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 20, 2021 9:00 AM

Aug 2017
Much better than the first episode. We have an objective now.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 17, 2021

72 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 12, 2023 10:23 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 19, 2021

34 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 15, 2021

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 11, 2021

114 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 10, 2021

40 by 28012001 »»
Sep 29, 2023 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.