Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 15, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Satoko's uncle Teppei is back. However, I found his role more humorous than ominous compared to the previous series.

It's also cool to see her being herself and much more confident than before. She even practicing her shooting skills, perhaps as a way to defend herself. Quite interesting to see Satoko's character role this arc.

Jul 15, 2021 7:59 AM

Feb 2018
Back to the fragment/kakera worlds... Rika and Hanyuu there, they talking about the previous world where the terrible tragedy happend about Rena and Keiichi. Even though it's just a fragment of memory but the pain still feels, I thought that Oyashiro-sama to Rika was Hanyuu while to Satoko, Oyashiro-sama was this girl how i called her Aurora idk. This cursed destiny is only based on Satoko's jealousy because Rika is studying at St. Lucia, Satoko was the mastermind behind this tragedy, so it was a bit strange to see the sus under the covers. After passing through the kakera world, they return to a different world and their daily life begins again.

Satoko go to Oji-san's house. After all Satoko is a Looper so it's no wonder Satoko isn't scared of Oji-san. Satoko invites Oji-san to go to the horse race, using her memories from her previous world Satoko gives Oji-san a prophecy for the horse race victory. The victory was absolute and Oji-san earned a lot of money by gambling. Oji-san apologizes for the past violence and the money sweet beer.

Satoko goes to the city and Satoko walks over to the dark courier. Satoko wasn't even afraid to transact on the black market, it was a great exchange. A gun and some weird boxes (bullet maybe). Satoko had a little trouble because Satoko never used a gun. So Satoko asked Mion to train her to shoot, they do it behind the school grounds. Somehow Mion didn't suspect Satoko. Satoko practiced guessing and now Satoko can shoot cans, although many miss.

Satoko gets a call from Rena. They do club activities by playing game in the shop. Satoko's card game is really awesome, whether it's memories from a previous world. Like the Gou series, they succeeded and Keiichi was the last one. After their game was over, Satoko asked Mion to go buy some drinks. When you want to press the vending machine button, Satoko is seen holding a syringe, There is no scene of Satoko injecting it into Mion. I believe that Satoko stirred up chaos by injecting H173 into Mion, that's just my opinion. Keiichi won the doll and Keiichi gave the doll to Mion. It looks like the injected fluid is running out, end of this eps... I'm really interested in the Mion arc, really... My fav girl from this HiguAnime series are Mion so I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Jul 15, 2021 8:03 AM
Nov 2014
If this isn't an answer arc for Watadamashi-hen, I'll be really surprised.

Everything seems to be aligning so far: Mion getting the doll, which will probably lead her into trapping K1 in the Sonozaki basement, and then Satoko learning to shoot, which was Mion and Satoko's MOD in Watadamashi. (Plus Mion had scratch marks, and this episode heavily implies Mion got the H173.)

Seriously, once you know how Higurashi works these things are so obvious, said obviousness is making me question everything more than the actual story contents.
Jul 15, 2021 8:11 AM
Apr 2021
With each episode Sotsu just drowning deeper and deeper in shit. Like, really, just cut out the scene(How does Mion didn't felt how Satoko inject her? Nah, don't ask questions consumer, just eath this shit)? Grown man really DID sell gun to 11 years old girl? Passione, are you fucking high or what?
Jul 15, 2021 8:20 AM

Jul 2012
WHOLESOME UNCLE T STEALS THE SPOTLIGHT ONCE AGAIN!!!

Kinda love how we basically just had like 3 minutes of recap for the first part of Watadamashi right at the end, and whopping 17 minutes of brand new content with Satoko going Yakuza mode with weapons dealing and cheating her way to get money with Teppei in horse racing LOL

And yeah, Guntoko Origins, we even got to see a montage of her learning with Mion and practicing her shots until she grew up in some other kakera.

This episode was really good stuff, but I do have one complain by the end. The syringe thing. What exactly happened? Did she drug Mion's drink or something, I can't see her going unnoticed without her at least being asleep, in case of intravenous injection (which is fair game in the case of Rena, since she could just soft reset until she didn't wake up from the injection).

The syringe being in there should indicate she used it right then and there, and God, Satoko isn't giving a shit about hiding evidence, is she now (she really give zero fucks about these kakeras)? She just straight left the damn thing on the ground, but well, I guess if shit happens because of that, she can just reset and correct her stuff again, so whatever. I'm willing to bet the yellow gremlin cheated her way through the game championship too, honestly, she abuses of her looping shenanigans way too much (though it seems it was just the good old card marks thing, this wasn't a brand new deck).

Wasn't for that scene not being explicit, I'd have said this was a straight 5/5 worth ep. I wonder if we will get in more detail about it in the next one.

DanpmssJul 15, 2021 9:50 AM
Jul 15, 2021 8:46 AM

May 2020
Not much to specualate about here. Everything is going as expected.

I never thought that a wtc answer arc would be so... sterile. So far its been that and some. I mean did we really need to see most of this?
Jul 15, 2021 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Rika and Hanyuu meeting again in the Fragment world, and obviously they know what's happening...excellent. Believing that Rika can make a miracle, Satoko already know's what's her next plan will be with Eua...Watadamashi-hen's answer arc, even a reference to "killing the cat" (which is Nekodamashi-hen) if Satoko's plan pulls off well.

Satoko going to see her Uncle Teppei (which IMO, sounds like a complete reset of Tataridamashi-hen and a continuation of Satokowashi-hen), accompany him in his horse betting, which he won through her "foreshadowing" and spending family life with her...though she already does her own sortie plan with dealing with scrubby people chasing after her uncle, a weapons-trading of a farce? Asking Mion for firearms training with a BB gun, the despondent look on her face says it all, and now it's for real.

Back to the play shop with Wataakashi-hen, and it plays just as you'd expect of Watadamashi-hen's answer arc in the final quarter of the episode. From the games to even the scary doll, Satoko's chosen her next victim of the Hinamizawa Syndrome: Mion.

Wataakashi-hen looks and feels like there's something different to it, looking forward to what's gonna happen in this arc.
Jul 15, 2021 8:59 AM

Feb 2019
We got a bit more new stuff and Satoko perspective than last week, but I still think the pacing is too slow with showing us new content. We’re already 4 eps in now, and I think we’ll run into the same issue Gou had at the end. Seems like they’re clearly setting us up for a 3rd/4th season, which I’m ok with, but I do wish things would speed up a bit rather than 5-8 mins of new content per ep.

I did really enjoy Satoko and her uncle’s moments today. Considering how bad their relationship has traditionally been in Higu it’s nice to see them having some cute moments.
Jul 15, 2021 9:05 AM

Jun 2021
So now Satoko is buying a gun from a yakuza and training in the woods to be a proficient shooter? Feels like we are jumping the shark here.

With that said, I am hopeful that this arch will shed more light on the Watadamashi arch from Gou, as I found that arch to be somewhat confusing and unclear as to what happened.
Jul 15, 2021 9:09 AM

Aug 2020
Even gangsters have a moral code not to give kids some guns. Also mion didn't feel a thing lmao. I think we should just throw out some realism here and just see how they explain it lol.

So Mion goes L5 confirmed. Or maybe there's a switch later on? Who knows lol.

Drunk teppei was pretty funny tho lmao.

This ep was definitely better than last weeks so i see this as a win.
Jul 15, 2021 9:09 AM

Sep 2011
Okay, so were still retreading old stuff but this doesn’t have anywhere near the same repeated scenes that episodes 1-3 had. With that said, I don’t know how to feel about Satokos uncle doing a complete 180. Like, I enjoyed his character arc in the last episode of Gou where we saw how and WHY $3 had a change of heart, but arent these change of heart fragments things that slowly accumulate overtime, and just because someone had a change of heart in one fragment doesn’t necessarily mean they carry over to every fragment? If that’s true, again, I can understand him being more kind to Satoko after the leaking fragments effect, but this loop he seemed totally pansy. Almost like a simp. “Uncle, clean up” “Oh, yes Satoko! Yes ma’am!” Like what? Then offering her MORE than half the money? Again, I can reason with him having a kinder disposition towards Satoko but this is just excessive. His core character is still the same, which is that he’s a piece of shit. We see that with how he answered the door when Satoko knocked. So for him to be acting so out of character…idk. Just felt weird. Also, I think we got an answer from Gou. Remember everybody thought when Satoko was playing the memory game she was just killing herself and replaying that scene till she got a perfect score? Unless I misread the scene I think we got some clarity. She wasn’t killing herself when she snapped, we were just fast forwarding to another loop where we got that same scenario and each time she did this scenario she got better until she finally had all the cards memorized. Which implies Satoko has been looping for A LONG time now. (This is the impression I got. Maybe I’m wrong) Satoko has really lost her marbles though. At this point I don’t even think it’s about Rika anymore. She really views this as a game. Some sick sick game. The fact she looked at Mion and was like “Y’know…my curiosity is getting the better of me. I wonder how Mion would approach killing her friends” is actually detestable. She doesn’t view these people as her friends anymore. She views them as her pawns, her chess pieces. Digging a bigger hole for herself, I doubt Satoko can be redeemed at this point, at least in my eyes. (I also CALLED IT. Satoko getting a gun from her uncles connections. At first I didn’t know where she was going with the whole horse race thing, but when she asked him about bad people and who to contact I put two and two together) Also wondered why Mion never flipped out. Guess there’s our answer although I still don’t completely get it. Guess we’re about to see another Shion Mion switch aroo. Really sucks I’m watching this week to week cause UGHH I just wanna marathon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention…how DA FUQ did Satoko prick Mion with the injection without her noticing? Rena was sleep, and although a prick would probably wake you up, that’s more believable than just walking up on someone and pushing the injection fluid into them and them not noticing at all. Very weird
YuyunarutoballzJul 15, 2021 9:12 AM
Jul 15, 2021 9:23 AM

Jul 2012
dompsterfire said:
Even gangsters have a moral code not to give kids some guns. Also mion didn't feel a thing lmao. I think we should just throw out some realism here and just see how they explain it lol.

Drunk teppei was pretty funny tho lmao.

This ep was definitely better than last weeks so i see this as a win.

That's not how it works in my country, most criminals assalting people in the streets even in daylight are kids with guns provided by crime syndicates that use them for drug distribution etc...

Much like that dude in the car was implying, it's a boss thing to send kids to get the stuff for them without rising suspicion, that happens a lot (there's a whole plot point on this in Persona 5, for a recent example, and some stuff in the Yakuza games iirc).

Maybe gangsters in the US I guess, not familiar with stuff there, but I doubt it.
Jul 15, 2021 9:29 AM

Aug 2020
@Danpmss damn now that sucks. Pretty depressing actually. Well yeah i kinda expected that but I at least hoped it wasn't common.

It is pretty suspicious though for a 12 year old to go into a car in an alley way with a box.
Jul 15, 2021 10:16 AM

Aug 2019
Kinda good episode, completely useless, filler and not necessary, but good.
Jul 15, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2011
A world where Mion will lose herself to paranoia, it is finally here! So now all club members been in it.

Someone be ready to edit Mion character page on MAL.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 15, 2021 10:24 AM
Apr 2021
Gaichi said:
A world where Mion will lose herself to paranoia, it is finally here! So now all club members been in it.

Someone be ready to edit Mion character page on MAL.

Edit to what? To spoil one of the "twists" of SotsuGou?
Jul 15, 2021 10:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Satoko really trained to aim for years and bought a gun, that's incredible, she even injected the syndrome into Mion now... So we'll really get to see her L5, I really can't wait
Jul 15, 2021 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
Lmao my fucking sides at the ending shot of the empty syringe. You mean to tell me Mion didn't feel herself being stuck with a needle while standing wide-awake in front of the vending machine? Rena at least had a bit of a reaction shot to it last time, but Mion didn't?

Bullshit. This is bullshit and we're expected to take it at face-value, no questions asked.
Jul 15, 2021 11:04 AM

Jun 2012
TranslatorPS said:
If this isn't an answer arc for Watadamashi-hen, I'll be really surprised.

Everything seems to be aligning so far: Mion getting the doll, which will probably lead her into trapping K1 in the Sonozaki basement, and then Satoko learning to shoot, which was Mion and Satoko's MOD in Watadamashi. (Plus Mion had scratch marks, and this episode heavily implies Mion got the H173.)

Seriously, once you know how Higurashi works these things are so obvious, said obviousness is making me question everything more than the actual story contents.

It's going through the arcs of Gou (but from Satoko's perspective). 1 - 3 of Sotsu was arc 1 from Gou and now it's onto the next one.
Shoot first, think never.
Jul 15, 2021 11:23 AM

Jun 2017
Poor Teppei being deceived by Satoko.
Jul 15, 2021 11:24 AM
Apr 2016
Stark700 said:

It's also cool to see her being herself and much more confident than before. She even practicing her shooting skills, perhaps as a way to defend herself. Quite interesting to see Satoko's character role this arc.

Um, if you've seen the last season you might notice that in the episode 8 (22:25) Mion was shot dead by Satoko who then commited suicide. I wouldn't exactly call that defending herself

dompsterfire said:

Well, you should know if you've watched the last season.
Jul 15, 2021 11:28 AM

Apr 2009
Nice ReRemake. We need more copy paste.
Jul 15, 2021 11:31 AM
Dec 2020
Today's episode was really good. Now I can imagine how much Satoko hates studying that she learned how to use a gun but didn't touch a book for Rika's Sake😂😂. Well her obssession with Rika is justified though as Rika herself told that She is the one who filled the void for Satoko after Satoshi left in Kai. And as far as we know Satoko she will do whatever she can to win without compromising anything.

People wondering how Mion didn't notice Satoko injecting her. Well I think she didn't inject her rather she mixed H173 in Mion's drink. I went to watch Gou episode 5 after this and noticed that Mion and Satoko had the same drink, so she must have mixed it in one and gave it to Mion. And in the end as well makers showed the drink first and then the syringe. So maybe that's the case.
Jul 15, 2021 11:34 AM
Dec 2020
Lil-Bird said:
Lmao my fucking sides at the ending shot of the empty syringe. You mean to tell me Mion didn't feel herself being stuck with a needle while standing wide-awake in front of the vending machine? Rena at least had a bit of a reaction shot to it last time, but Mion didn't?

Bullshit. This is bullshit and we're expected to take it at face-value, no questions asked.

I think she didn't inject her, rather she mixed the H173 in her drink. I went to watch episode 5 of Gou and noticed that Mion and Satoko had the same drink, so she must have mixed H173 in one of them and gave that to Mion. As well in the end, they showed the vending machine first and then the syringe hinting it. So maybe that's the case.
Jul 15, 2021 11:36 AM

Oct 2014
Teppei being soft is disturbing. Make him nicer, not submissive. God, that's why he's willing to go along with whatever Satoko planned in Tatari, isn't it? Sure a nice way to "redeem" him.

Anyway, while this episode is kind of better than before it still sucks. Rika is still an absolute dumbass while Satoko become more detestable. I'm somewhat hoping for them to show a scene where Rika at least do something about Takano or acknowledge her presence. Seeing them only interacted in Nekodamashi is just stupid. Also, talking to Keiichi won't stop a damn thing, Rika. Neither does telling him to give the doll to Mion because Shion will still snap anyway. Just do everything you did in Matsuribayashi and form a plan, not this "I won't lose hope" passive bullshit.

And how the fuck she even injected Mion in broad daylight with no one and not even Mion herself noticing? She put it in the drink? I was nearly willing to let injecting Rena while sleeping aside, but this one is ridiculous. There's also question as to how these two could still be alive until after the festival if Satoko fully injecting them with H173. That shit should make them L5 already as proven by Tomitake before.

Damn, this thing continues to baffles me in every possible way.
Jul 15, 2021 11:36 AM
Jul 2021
I'm very excited for the next episode, even though I have little idea about it. I'm a fan of mion, so I can't wait for her arc in the next episode, but Satoko is really scary, in the 2006 version she was a weak and scared girl. The events are exciting in this part between Rika and Satoko, I am eager to know the end
Jul 15, 2021 11:44 AM

Mar 2021
now see, THIS is what i wanted! the last arc was mostly a rehash, but this actually does add some new insight.

ngl i'm actually coming to terms with evil satoko. i was absolutely appalled by the whole thing in gou, but seeing her shamelessly intimidating teppei after looping so many times he instinctively knows to be terrified of her... god, this is the kind of strength i wanted to see from her! shame it had to come at the cost of her sanity, but as we all know: can't have shit in hinamizawa
Jul 15, 2021 11:46 AM

Jan 2019
English: Particularly, I found this beginning of the episode very uncomfortable. Teppei and Satoko are in a good relationship, but at the same time I can't be happy with these happy moments of the two.

Anyway, Satoko got a gun from a boy. That highlights the conclusion she had in Watadamashi. I hope the next episode is better than this one. It's necessary...

------------------------------------------------------

Portuguese: Particularmente, eu achei esse início de episódio muito desconfortável. Teppei e Satoko estão numa relação boa, mas ao mesmo tempo não consigo ficar feliz com esses momentos felizes dos dois.

De qualquer forma, Satoko conseguiu uma arma com um rapaz... Isso evidencia a conclusão que teve no Watadamashi. Espero que o próximo episódio seja melhor que este. É necessário...

Jul 15, 2021 11:47 AM
Sep 2015
I immediately felt melancholy over the last background music.. Then seeing Mion's face with the plan switching to the syringe genuinely made me sad: 'Enjoy your happiness while it last'.

I considered the potential of this season to be like the previous one, drowned in one of the many blood pools (lol) but I'm now interested to see how things will go.
Jul 15, 2021 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
Animesh5877 said:
I think she didn't inject her, rather she mixed the H173 in her drink. I went to watch episode 5 of Gou and noticed that Mion and Satoko had the same drink, so she must have mixed H173 in one of them and gave that to Mion. As well in the end, they showed the vending machine first and then the syringe hinting it. So maybe that's the case.

The parasite's supposed to be coursing through the bloodstream as it makes its hive in the brain, though. I know the stomach lining is thin enough for something like alcohol to seep into the bloodstream, but how does a parasite do that, too? And I thought consuming the infected directly is supposed to act as creating antibodies? Does it "not count" if you consume it outside of the human body?
Jul 15, 2021 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
I'll admit the first half or so of this episode was useful just to see how Satoko got that gun but I call fucking bullshit on her being able to inject people so easily without them noticing. Last time Rena didn't wake up which was weird but fine, now Mion is just standing there and again presumably doesn't even notice. It would be one thing if it also worked like a tranquilizer so they pass out and maybe not remember what happened afterwards but Mion's still walking around normally so this is straight up bullshit.

Normally it would be SO risky too because if she got caught even after successfully injecting some or all of it, the person could easily freak out, smack her, call 911 or maybe go to Irie clinic to get checked out where they'd quickly figure out what was in the syringe and probably capture Satoko. Or even if they just told their friends (Rika) she'd be able to more or less figure out what was going on.
So it's such a risky play but Satoko just gets rewarded because plot convenience yet again.
Jul 15, 2021 12:09 PM
Apr 2021
Animesh5877 said:
Today's episode was really good. Now I can imagine how much Satoko hates studying that she learned how to use a gun but didn't touch a book for Rika's Sake😂😂. Well her obssession with Rika is justified though as Rika herself told that She is the one who filled the void for Satoko after Satoshi left in Kai. And as far as we know Satoko she will do whatever she can to win without compromising anything.

People wondering how Mion didn't notice Satoko injecting her. Well I think she didn't inject her rather she mixed H173 in Mion's drink. I went to watch Gou episode 5 after this and noticed that Mion and Satoko had the same drink, so she must have mixed it in one and gave it to Mion. And in the end as well makers showed the drink first and then the syringe. So maybe that's the case.

"You think", and that's exactly the problem. It's not "basing on X and Y, you can understand that Z happened" it's "I think Z happened". Because writers doesn't even bother with this shit
Jul 15, 2021 12:46 PM

Jun 2011
so we get to see scenes that were already shown but we won't know how satoko managed to inject mion xD HOW CONVENIENT
Jul 15, 2021 12:54 PM
Sep 2020
I am horrified about how Rika will react when she eventually figures out what's going on :(
Jul 15, 2021 12:54 PM
Sep 2020
I am horrified about how Rika will react when she eventually figures out what's going on :(
Jul 15, 2021 12:56 PM

Apr 2009
I guess this episode confirms that Mion has the fattest ass of the Higus, since she didn't notice being injected in broad daylight. H173 also works intramuscular now.

In comparison, I guess Rena has a flat ass since Satoko went all the trouble of chosing intravenous.

Sotsugou delivering the hardest lore I guess.

The real question is now: Which higus got injected via ass and which ones got injected intravenous? I'd say Ooishi, Akasaka and Akane were definitely ass ones.
Jin_uzukiJul 15, 2021 12:59 PM

Jul 15, 2021 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
Si1verR0se said:
How does Mion didn't felt how Satoko inject her? Nah, don't ask questions consumer, just eath this shit

A thing like that happened in my country back in 2016. A random dude literally walked around the city injecting infected needle in other people.

The pain depends on how far the needle enters your body, what kind of needle is and which is the component being injected. As for the last, H173 is a fictional component, so we can assume is something that won't hurt after being injected.

Remembering that the injection that hurts the most is the intramuscular (inside the muscle). We don't know the kind of injection H173 is, but assuming that Mion haven't felt anything after being injected with it, we can say it is [probably] an intradermal (skin) one, for being the less painful. I am pretty sure Satoko doesn't give a fuck about which kind of injection is, she just stuck it in Mion's ass and throw away.

tl;dr: It is a fucking anime about a girl who rage quit school and memorized 100 years of suffering of another girl instead of spend those 100 years studying. Why the hell are you complaining about a injection that probably felt like a mosquito bite for a fictional character of a game board of witches?

Si1verR0se said:
Grown man really DID sell gun to 11 years old girl? Passione, are you fucking high or what?

What's the problem, though? That kind of thing doesn't happen where you live/there are no laws for it? 😐😐😐😐 Oh shi---

Jul 15, 2021 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
Actually, now that I think about it, Mion was the only one from the main cast, who NEVER killed anyone.
Up until now.

Jul 15, 2021 1:10 PM

Apr 2009
Ohmena said:
Si1verR0se said:
How does Mion didn't felt how Satoko inject her? Nah, don't ask questions consumer, just eath this shit

A thing like that happened in my country back in 2016. A random dude literally walked around the city injecting infected needle in other people.

The pain depends on how far the needle enters your body, what kind of needle is and which is the component being injected. As for the last, H173 is a fictional component, so we can assume is something that won't hurt after being injected.

Remembering that the injection that hurts the most is the intramuscular (inside the muscle). We don't know the kind of injection H173 is, but assuming that Mion haven't felt anything after being injected with it, we can say it is [probably] an intradermal (skin) one, for being the less painful. I am pretty sure Satoko doesn't give a fuck about which kind of injection is, she just stuck it in Mion's ass and throw away.

tl;dr: It is a fucking anime about a girl who rage quit school and memorized 100 years of suffering of another girl instead of spend those 100 years studying. Why the hell are you complaining about a injection that probably felt like a mosquito bite for a fictional character of a game board of witches?

Si1verR0se said:
Grown man really DID sell gun to 11 years old girl? Passione, are you fucking high or what?

What's the problem, though? That kind of thing doesn't happen where you live/there are no laws for it? 😐😐😐😐 Oh shi---

It's intravenous, we saw her injecting Rena when she was asleep in the previous episode.

Jul 15, 2021 1:13 PM

Apr 2020
That 2nd gen Celica tho
Jul 15, 2021 1:44 PM

Oct 2019
Satoko's out here ruining her friends' lives for the lolz at this point. I'm sure they'll try to redeem her by the end of the story and I'm VERY curious to see how they go about it. Can't wait for Rika's reaction to the reveal.
Jul 15, 2021 1:45 PM

Apr 2020
damn Satoko really spent years practicing her shooting skills. really good episode overall.
I don't know why people want to see more new stuff, i mean this is an answer arc afterall.
Being able to see things from a different point of view is already an interesting thing for me.
Jul 15, 2021 1:49 PM

May 2017
i couldnt help but feel like that last ost when keiichi was giving the doll was giving an ambience of false wholesomeness. as if it underminded the scene. as if it took away all the good from it. showing that this is not going to last. i think that was a great touch
Jul 15, 2021 1:52 PM

Oct 2014
Well, I guess it was decent, for the most part atleast.
Made me think that this is what GOU should have been like.

However...
First of all, I don't really see the point of having to show Teppei and this whole getting the gun thing.
If Satoko can just go and yoink the H173 from the clinic, why not just get one of the guns in the process?

Honestly, wouldn't it actually have been cool if Satoko used Takano's gun?

Secondly that syringe thing... was just stupid.

Lastly... I lost the count already... how many fucking times have we seen this game tournament now? 6? This getting close to endless eight smh.

Animesh5877 said:
Don't know exactly how and what type of pathogen this is or how it works, but in theory that could be true.
However, I doubt it.
Usually the medicines/drugs/whatever which you need to inject with a syringe, work differently if at all when you ingest them.
If it was that easy to use, I doubt they'd only use the syringe.

Ohmena said:
And they didn't notice?

Yes part of the pain depends on the depth of the injection, however we are talking of very small... distances. And the length of the needle we saw, I'd imagine it would be extremely difficult to control. (And no Satoko didn't loop many times until she succeeded, there was no finger snapping)
As for the component, even if it was something that wouldn't hurt in itself, you're DEFINITELY going to feel 5ml of anything entering your body.

The theory is somewhat correct but not quite there. But did you see the size of that fucker?
That is not an intradermal syringe, and you're not injecting 5ml of liquid intradermally. Also skin has feelings too.

Why the hell are you complaining about a injection that probably felt like a mosquito bite.
Yeah... I think the diameter of that needle was many many times bigger than the... uhh... Mosquito's needle. And also injecting the mass equivalent of hundreds of mosquitoes inside your body...
Yeah I don't think it would feel like a Mosquito bite.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Jul 15, 2021 2:16 PM
May 2021
I don't even see this as Higurashi anymore lol. I see this more as a fanfic where Evil Stewie from Family Guy stole a portal gun from Rick & Morty to cause endless suffering to Brian, and that fanfic writer just mixed it in with Higurashi because why not.

How little I take this show now I just straight up see Satoko as also Jimmy from Ed, Edd n Eddy. Good kid gone evil later on in the series because they sucked so bad I guess in the first half. A return of EEnE where Jimmy caused endless suffering to Sarah now THAT'D I would be more invested into.
Jul 15, 2021 2:38 PM
Mar 2021
Satoko asked Eua that Mion was never on Hinamizawa Syndrome before. Eua answered her that Syndrome only work if there was stressfull condition on the target.

Back in Oni-akashi, Rena could feel that way while Satoko was injecting her cuz her trauma i guess.

So in theory, H-173 wouldn't give any effect at all if people don't have any of stress/painful memory. Maybe Shion will be the one who triggering H-173 effect on Mion i guess.

But still in my question, How did Satoko inject Mion? Ah maybe i should wait until Wataakashi-hen part 3 i guess.
Jul 15, 2021 2:52 PM

Dec 2008
K, so they really are going to go through everything from last season from a different POV before we get to see episode 17 continued. At least people who wonder about Satoko's "magical gun" know the origin of it now. Though yes, I was also questioning how she managed to inject Mion without her noticing or explain it if she did.

Oh well. I love the OP/ED, and love Rika and Satoko, even when either one is the villain. I'm gonna enjoy this as much as I can.

Jul 15, 2021 3:03 PM

Apr 2016
Jin_uzuki said:
It's intravenous, we saw her injecting Rena when she was asleep in the previous episode.

I forgot that. Thx bro

Hulio said:

Ohmena said:
And they didn't notice?

Most of them didn't notice LOL
"[...]She said that she only realized that she had been wounded by a needle when she saw the aggressor skewer another woman's body on the same sidewalk, moments after skewering her." (google translated)

Jul 15, 2021 3:20 PM

Jun 2017
Welp at least Satoko's gun is explained now, I found hilarious how she manipulated her uncle, that's such a next level karma on the poor guy I feel pretty bad for him. lmao

It was weird they skipped how she injected Mion tho...but maybe it will be shown later.

Jul 15, 2021 3:41 PM

Oct 2014
Ohmena said:
Most of them didn't notice LOL
"[...]She said that she only realized that she had been wounded by a needle when she saw the aggressor skewer another woman's body on the same sidewalk, moments after skewering her." (google translated)
Smh.
Well people are different and might just disregard it. Like being bumped but at the same time stabbed with the needle. Guess it was a small then, no way they wouldn't notice something the size of in the episode xD

Personally, I think I would always notice if someone came to poke me.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.