Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 27, 2021 2:40 PM

Apr 2018
Damn what an ending, reminds me of the Code Geass ending a lot. What a wild ride and when Sherly jumped off with William on that bridge I teared up a bit. One of the most underrated animes of this season in my opinion.
Jun 27, 2021 2:47 PM
Nov 2008
First Megalo Box, now Moriarty.. streak of pathetic endings continue lol
First of all that whole idea that some big fire can open aristocrats eyes and unite them with commoners is very dumb and unrealistic. Then that staged cheap theatrical fight with Holmes was very cringe and author used this same move with Jack earlier and on a ship too. My god this was awful.. at least Production L.G. delivered as usual.

p.s. but of course redditors will praise this shallow garbage as usual lol
Jun 27, 2021 3:11 PM

Feb 2009
solidss said:
SaltyReinn said:
I'm highly confused from the amount of people praising the ending.

This whole season felt a bit rushed, the whole Moriarty plan was supposed to be a grand amazing plan that nobody else could have thought of, but they just slayed more nobility and then started a fire and one of the side characters gave a heartfelt speech that softened the hearts of the nobility.

What a plan.

Not to mention the character motivations are all over the place. Sure, Sherlock, you talked to Moriarty three-four times during the entire show run time, he's your amazing friend (apparently more important than Watson), but he's also a mass murderer, so this whole lovers suicide at the end really felt like the writers pulled it out of their asses. I don't know, really mixed feelings about this show. Nice animations and good atmosphere, but often times a really stupid plot that's trying to sell itself as very intellingent.

I'm glad to find bright and intelligent comment without fakeness and boot licking.

I agree, this ending was horrible. Second season started off better than the first one but after the Irene arc everything went downhill with some peaks there and there.

I would have preferred that they didn't have rushed everything up and made an open ending than this.

The only reason I didn't give a lower grade (I gave it a 6) is because of the amazing art and the presence of Irene, I really liked her character. But overall I'm very disappointed.

I'll try to read the manga though, I really hope it's much better than this.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Jun 27, 2021 3:15 PM

Jan 2020
Just one thing to say: "Catch me if you can Mr. Holmes"

The ending isn't anything special, but I liked it. It was a great season, and in my opinion, it surpassed the first part.

A great watch. I might check the manga for more backstories and character development.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jun 27, 2021 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
Moriarty tries to kill himself when he judges himself in the river I'm surprised with this act but it all changed to Sherlock when trying to save Moriarty that was a beautiful scene the direction was also great.
Jun 27, 2021 5:30 PM

Jul 2017
While this season felt kinda rushed imo, i still think the ending was quite amazing and the ride was still worth it for sure. Storywise, as good as the 1st season, nothing much to add tbh. When it comes to Lord of Crime vs Sherlock, i knew i'd be glued to the screen anyways, and thats basically what happened xd

8/10 just like the 1st season, awesome thriller show overallđź‘Ś
Jun 27, 2021 6:21 PM

Dec 2020
I have never wished for a show to be Shounen-Ai this badly!!!
Jun 27, 2021 6:57 PM

May 2017
What a letdown. His whole "master plan" was to get the nobility and the working-class people to cooperate. Why then even go to the extent of killing the previous nobles. The last 2-3 episodes ruined the whole series for me
Jun 27, 2021 7:26 PM
Feb 2021
What a great ending. Actually in tears where Liam and Sherly said how they think of each other as friends. It's nice to see the other characters in their own path living their lives. Such a great conclusion. Moriarty The Patriot will always have a special place in my heart.
Jun 27, 2021 7:37 PM
Mar 2015
A different ending to Reichenbach Falls MI6 indeed James Bond
Jun 27, 2021 7:41 PM

Apr 2007
I skimmed through these chapters in the manga and was really curious how they would end it since the manga is ongoing. Although I feel the very last part could have been better, I'm really satisfied overall.

The visuals when they jumped off the bridge were stunning compared to the straightforward art in the manga. I loved it!

Definitely an enjoyable series. It also got me to watch the BBC Sherlock series so I'd say it's a win-win.

Like many others, I recommend reading the manga if you are interested. I only read a bit so far and they clearly cut a lot out to focus on the meat of the story. Imo that made some of the characters, especially Moriarty, more dry in the anime which is a shame.
Jun 27, 2021 7:46 PM

Jul 2015
This is how you end an anime.. the 2 minute Sherly vs Liam fight was better then that anti climactic ending of nomad.. which sucked ass btw..
I'm glad that they ended the anime on such an open ending note.. also.. no sign of Milverton huh.. really expected him to make an appearance for a split second but oh well
Also happy that no one actually died
Jun 27, 2021 9:07 PM

Mar 2016
Okay, this kind of feels like an insult to the amazing season 1. They should have taken their time with the story, and properly developed it.

One of the things that makes stories told from a different character's POV fun is how it changes the way we look at the scenes in the original story. But, this went with a whole new story, so that fun part was completely removed.

They changed the location of Moriarty's death. How disappointing! Even though they had foreshadowed the place in season 1!

I wish Sherlock and Moriarty had really gone from being friends to hating each other. That would have been a more interesting development. But, this went with the typical YA trope of "In a different world, we could could have been friends". (I know this is YA, but this could have done something better!)
Because of this change, they had to get rid of Sherlock's and Moriarty's amazing abilities to think and act on the spot.

I'm saying this as someone who loves BL: WTF was that Sherlock x Moriarty moment! Gross!! No!! That's weird! Sherlock x John would have been better since it was actually there in the original books too (probably accidentally, but still)!

I don't want to only say bad stuff. So, here are some good parts:
-The soundtracks, and the way they were used.
-The way the walls were wet, letting the audience piece together that they were about to burn the place.
-Also, a tied up Albert is always a welcome sight.
-Do I need to mention the art? Production IG has always been great with it, so I feel like I'd be stating the obvious if I talked about how the art quality was so high.
Jun 27, 2021 9:27 PM
Apr 2021
Jesus. I haven’t watched a genuinely good anime in a LONG time and Moriarty definitely gave me that feeling a good anime gives you when it ends. The moment of disbelief, but hype at what happened, then the shock, then finally the emptiness about the show ending. When Moriarty fell- I paused my phone and put my head in my hands- ready to accept this was possibly the last scene of him ever. My heart couldn’t take it when Sherlock jumped with him. If you looked carefully you could see Sherlocks hand on Moriarty’s head- protecting him. My heart melted. The letter that Moriarty wrote really stuck with me and the impact it had on Sherlock showed in that last scene. Probably gonna continue with the manga. Might be my favorite anime of all time now.
Jun 27, 2021 10:05 PM
Jul 2013
Irene becoming James Bond is still fucking dumb.
Jun 27, 2021 10:19 PM

Oct 2018
the ending is really rushed and so many scenes are skipped especially the bridge scene. (skipped moran shot william when he was at the bridge & sherlock dialogue "I finally catch you")
really underwhelming ending ngl.
and I doubt they're gonna continue the anime even though the manga is still on going with the MI6 guys. (the time skip in the anime is only months, while in the manga its years, one of the sign this wont get a continuation).
But still a good underrated series nevertheless.
Deserve to have more fame.
Jun 27, 2021 10:46 PM

May 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
A pretty disappointing concluding season.

It felt like they were just trying to throw in a bunch of Holmes stories and other references without much thought to the overarching narrative and character building. The Irene arc had no purpose. Sherlock killing Milverton had no purpose.

Sherlock was a complete disappointment this season. He is hyped up to being on the same level as Moriaty but he is always 5 steps behind and never got much development. All of a sudden he and Moriaty are best friends that are worth dying for after talking 3 or 4 times total.

The art, animation, and music were all top-notch and the writing wasn’t complete garbage, but it is certainly a letdown from the promise the first season showed.

6/10. Closer to a 5 than a 7.

I Agree with you.I feel very dissapoined in this SS 2. I like SS1 more. I give 3/10 because it whole of SS2 is full of unnecessary references like James Bond and Jack the Ripper in Moriaty team,Seriously? The story is no progression and very boring and predictable.
AnidoseTHJun 27, 2021 10:54 PM
Jun 27, 2021 10:48 PM
Jan 2016
So many good stuff skipped

In general, I didn't get that upset with skipping some arcs, and 90% of the final ep had what I expected HOWEVER that bs of Holmes and Will in Switzerland was one of the worst things they could have done. At least as a manga reader

The best ending would have been Holmes walking on a train station with his hair down like in one panel of the manga, instead of the bs they gave us

Jun 27, 2021 11:04 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I see, its the power of friendship all over again. Ofc William successfully be saved. The conclusion kinda anticlimactic for me, even though the whole plan of Moriarty always blown my mind completely. However, the way they decided up having William and Sherlock got that abrupt final, even without showing how it can be happening in the first place (as expected, rushed ending to conclude everything on the right time, in the right place, i see). Its really not so convincing, in my honest opinion, moreover, with everyone final position. Bonde, after getting so much hype back then, suddenly became a sole nothing-but-side-character-only in these episode, thus same with the others. Louis even got some ridiculous job in the end, different from his older brother. Holy mind-blowing shit right there.

After all, Its a bit sad with how this conclude, less impactful than i thought. Still, the reason is, mostly, because i am enjoying myself on the first season more than this. Because the final look even more solid back then than this, and including more detective story than this second season. After Bonde got an introduction, everything went down hill, on my point of view. However, it is what it is, everything already end. So, whatever. I am still willing to consider myself giving this second season a fair amount of score. Thats it all from me. No hate, and moving on....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 28, 2021 2:19 AM

Aug 2012
The first 12 episodes, for me, were fantastic. However, I thought the last episode was massively rushed and some things about it just didn't sit right with me. I'm probably going to change my rating from an 8 to a 7, but I'm still on the fence because I really did love the other 12 episodes... again, this is just my own personal opinion and take on the season. Agree or disagree, I don't care. My opinion is my own.
Jun 28, 2021 2:56 AM

Jun 2020
Sexy. “Sherly is my BFF” & “Liam is my BFF” sorta came outta nowhere but I’m not complaining. I can’t believe Sherly jumped with him a literal what the flying fuck lol

And daddy Moran!!!!! ♡_______♡

Wished they left the ending a bittttttttt more ambiguous too. But goodbye Yuukoku no Moriarty, that’s 2-cour of bishieness they have served us on a silver platter. I’ll miss that.

ꕤ but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
ꕤ

Jun 28, 2021 3:01 AM
Jul 2017
Disappointed that his plan succeeded, and he got to live after that, Sherlock not doing anything, no, nobody doing anything to stop the madman.... the show was good overall, would have liked better if either he was just left to die or his plan were to fail but besides the ending the show was nice.
Jun 28, 2021 3:13 AM

Dec 2020
aaand he catched him. i liked that ending, a few stuff im still confused with but ill just see the other posts
Jun 28, 2021 3:33 AM

Jan 2021
The moment when Liam said "You came here not as a detective.. but as a friend, didn't you? You've bested me, Sherly." was touching and I didn't expect Sherlock to jump in..

I'm quite satisfied with the ending, the only thing that bothered me was that I felt sad because Albert was a person who didn't often contribute to Moriarty's crimes but he was the only one in prison... while the others continue to live by doing a new job or live in a new place. The fact is that it all started with Albert who supported William's idea when they were kids, yet I just felt sad about it.
hanakocheeksJun 28, 2021 3:45 AM

Jun 28, 2021 3:42 AM

Apr 2012
This last episode actually made me cry. It was so beautiful I honestly wasn't expecting something like this, especially not Sherlock to jump after William. Since the manga is still ongoing, I really hope there will be a 3rd season. My only issue with this whole ending is that everyone goes on with their lives, only Albert is arrested who will probably be sentenced to death. So yeah... not cool...
Jun 28, 2021 4:39 AM

Jul 2016
KobushiDeNanpa said:
First Megalo Box, now Moriarty.. streak of pathetic endings continue lol
First of all that whole idea that some big fire can open aristocrats eyes and unite them with commoners is very dumb and unrealistic. Then that staged cheap theatrical fight with Holmes was very cringe and author used this same move with Jack earlier and on a ship too. My god this was awful.. at least Production L.G. delivered as usual.

p.s. but of course redditors will praise this shallow garbage as usual lol

I liked Nomads ending but this one was pretty shit.
Jun 28, 2021 4:43 AM

Mar 2021
idc what anyone says,this episode was pretty good. I would have liked it more if they didn't tell us he was alive but whatever. and another thing was that people came together pretty easy and they stayed like that afterwards 🤔 idk
callmenedaJun 28, 2021 4:47 AM
Jun 28, 2021 6:09 AM

Jun 2019
AnidoseTH said:
Blue_Maroon said:
A pretty disappointing concluding season.

It felt like they were just trying to throw in a bunch of Holmes stories and other references without much thought to the overarching narrative and character building. The Irene arc had no purpose. Sherlock killing Milverton had no purpose.

Sherlock was a complete disappointment this season. He is hyped up to being on the same level as Moriaty but he is always 5 steps behind and never got much development. All of a sudden he and Moriaty are best friends that are worth dying for after talking 3 or 4 times total.

The art, animation, and music were all top-notch and the writing wasn’t complete garbage, but it is certainly a letdown from the promise the first season showed.

6/10. Closer to a 5 than a 7.

I Agree with you.I feel very dissapoined in this SS 2. I like SS1 more. I give 3/10 because it whole of SS2 is full of unnecessary references like James Bond and Jack the Ripper in Moriaty team,Seriously? The story is no progression and very boring and predictable.

Yeah I actually bumped it down to a 5 when I wrote my review. It gets worse the more I think about it.
Jun 28, 2021 6:12 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, that bridge scene has to be one among the most beautiful scenes I saw in anime.

This season was a bit fast paced and especially the plot with Milverton and the last episodes gave the impression that this could have been done in a few more episodes but still I like how it was done and how it ended.

Anime went for the different ending than the manga and it worked pretty well. I like how they chose to focus more on what it means to atone and what it means to give yourself to your country, hence the Patriot in the name, than the pure logic of everything else. They went with making this emotional and succeeded.
All in all, this was a really pleasurable anime. That much that I wouldn't even mind if they watered it down a bit more before arriving at The final problem.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jun 28, 2021 7:22 AM

Dec 2014
Good finale but it feels like the pacing in these last few episodes was too fast to be impactful. In fact, the entire final problem felt rushed through and the few episodes before also weren't as compelling to me.

Even Moriarty's grand plan could've been something much more extravagant. Assuming the nation was as corrupt and divided as they said, I think they needed way more than a fire and some heartfelt speeches (Not that they weren't good, I loved them) to get over it. Killing the nobles also seems like the easy way out as Sherlock pointed out to Moriarty himself.

However, by far the most interesting tidbit to me was that Watson releases the Sherlock Holmes book and it sounds like the book is the version of Sherlock Holmes that we know in reality. The idea that the book is just fabricated to make Moriarty out to be more diabolic just to write home the fact that he is the devil and make me people remember it is kinda interesting to think about.

Overall, I don't think I enjoyed the first season as much as I did the first. I think the first half was good but the second half i.e. ever since Moriarty decided to put his plan into action felt a little too rushed. I can understand the reason why Sherlock and Moriarty feel like they could've been good friends but it does feel a little off that Sherlock would go so far for him when we don't get as much background into him. I'll let it pass though, since despite everything I said. I did really enjoy the show, it's only the last few episodes that kinda lost me and this is definitely by far the best Sherlock Holmes adaptation in anime form I've seen.

8/10, Definitely wouldn't mind a 3rd season.

Kinda wish they explained how both of them survived the fall or at least tease us like how they did in BBC Sherlock.
Jun 28, 2021 8:43 AM
Mar 2020
I liked the ending, but it's not the best version of this story.
Jun 28, 2021 9:43 AM

Oct 2016
Perfect ending thematically for the show, but it did feel rushed. I knew they had to adjust some things from the manga to make it fit the anime's runtime, but they still got the message across. Honestly wanna read the manga, anyone know if I have to read from the beginning or if I can just read the chapters they skipped. Honestly prefer just reading the skipped chapters or cut contents.

Louis is now the leader of MI6, that's pretty cool. Bonde is definitely part of that team lmao. I think the season was just a little better than season 1, I give it an 8.5/10 ~ 8/10
Jun 28, 2021 1:05 PM

Jan 2021
Will_do_it_later said:
I have never wished for a show to be Shounen-Ai this badly!!!

I felt the same way xd It was like No.6 for me, that wasnt shounen-ai either, but it was hinted
Jun 28, 2021 1:14 PM
Oct 2020
Will we get a third cours Season adapted from its manga? Great season, loved the pace, ending, drama. Exponentially grows out as a worthy successor to the Season 1.

S_TadayoshiJun 28, 2021 1:35 PM
Jun 28, 2021 1:28 PM
Oct 2020
FuMomo-kun said:
Okay, this kind of feels like an insult to the amazing season 1. They should have taken their time with the story, and properly developed it.

One of the things that makes stories told from a different character's POV fun is how it changes the way we look at the scenes in the original story. But, this went with a whole new story, so that fun part was completely removed.

They changed the location of Moriarty's death. How disappointing! Even though they had foreshadowed the place in season 1!

I wish Sherlock and Moriarty had really gone from being friends to hating each other. That would have been a more interesting development. But, this went with the typical YA trope of "In a different world, we could could have been friends". (I know this is YA, but this could have done something better!)
Because of this change, they had to get rid of Sherlock's and Moriarty's amazing abilities to think and act on the spot.

I'm saying this as someone who loves BL: WTF was that Sherlock x Moriarty moment! Gross!! No!! That's weird! Sherlock x John would have been better since it was actually there in the original books too (probably accidentally, but still)!

-The way the walls were wet, letting the audience piece together that they were about to burn the place.
-Do I need to mention the art? Production IG has always been great with it, so I feel like I'd be stating the obvious if I talked about how the art quality was so high.
The death scene, I agree, shoulda been in the place where the books say. But where in Season 1 do they mention Liam's death place? I seem to have forgotten as it was long ago.
Jun 28, 2021 2:42 PM

Sep 2017
There were some great episodes this season but feeling a little let down by this ending ngl. The pace was just too fast and kinda felt like the final plan came out of no where. Just feels like wasted potential tbh. Both Sherlock and William surviving the falls feels kinda like a cop out as well.
Jun 28, 2021 4:40 PM

Mar 2016
S_Tadayoshi said:
FuMomo-kun said:

The death scene, I agree, shoulda been in the place where the books say. But where in Season 1 do they mention Liam's death place? I seem to have forgotten as it was long ago.

The ED. Baby Moriarty paints it on the wall of the ruins.
Jun 28, 2021 5:27 PM

Jun 2019
it was bad , i did not like it

most characters did not get any character development at all
that moment when moriarty said wish we could be friend seems so fake and for not a good reason
Jun 28, 2021 5:56 PM

Sep 2010
Boazanian said:
Amazing series from start to finish, and definitely liked this 2nd cour. Really liked how they used the historical aspects here to tie the story together, felt almost as if it was real history. Really cool that Louis became founder of MI6 haha! Anyways, considering the manga is still ongoing, the anime must be different compared to it. Might possibly pick it up one day.

In the manga, the founder is Albert. Louis inherits his position after he's presumed dead/willingly locked in the London Tower. Mycroft backed him with this (he appears before his brother in the manga).
Jun 28, 2021 8:38 PM

Nov 2014
I really loved this series, but i would have liked it even more if they had fleshed it in a longer format (like 50 episodes o so), because i feel that with so many charismatic characters and the interesting plot, a slow build up could have helped it reach a better conclusion. I don't like very much the ending either, i think willian dying would have been more significant to the story, and since the anime was only 2 cours theres not that many interactions between holmes and moriarty for me to buy the "friend" thing, idk.

8/10.
Jun 28, 2021 8:59 PM

Oct 2008
That was YAOI of Sherlock to catch William before they dive in the flames of waters! LOLZ!
So the live-on and atone by the orders of Sherlock was wilfully obeyed by William huh...
5/5.
8/10.

Jun 28, 2021 10:32 PM
Aug 2018
I loved this show, but the last few episodes felt very rushed. Last episode did have some cool moments, but I was left a bit dissatisfied :/ I'll have to check out the manga now :)
Jun 29, 2021 12:39 AM

Sep 2010
SaltyReinn said:

This whole season felt a bit rushed, the whole Moriarty plan was supposed to be a grand amazing plan that nobody else could have thought of, but they just slayed more nobility and then started a fire and one of the side characters gave a heartfelt speech that softened the hearts of the nobility.

What a plan.

Not to mention the character motivations are all over the place. Sure, Sherlock, you talked to Moriarty three-four times during the entire show run time, he's your amazing friend (apparently more important than Watson), but he's also a mass murderer, so this whole lovers suicide at the end really felt like the writers pulled it out of their asses. I don't know, really mixed feelings about this show. Nice animations and good atmosphere, but often times a really stupid plot that's trying to sell itself as very intellingent.

The anime did some stupid thing to cut the arct Holmes and Moriarty become "best friends." I use that with air quotes because their feelings seem like a soulmate bond masked as "friendship." Both VAs agreed it's an undefined "thing." Got to give it to the anime makers to have the bartender asking Holmes if he's chasing after a lady lol.
ThessJun 29, 2021 12:47 AM
Jun 29, 2021 12:46 AM

Sep 2020
Moriarty falling off the bridge was my favorite scene. While I do agree that the last episode felt rushed, it still was a good show for me. It's too bad that they skipped some parts from the manga and slightly altered the ending, I guess this just means that we will most likely not get another season:(
Jun 29, 2021 3:53 AM

Feb 2011
A laughable ending to what was an otherwise enjoyable show
Jun 29, 2021 1:41 PM
Apr 2020
Frist season was great, second season was a disappointment.
Jun 29, 2021 2:12 PM

Sep 2011
Well that was a goofy ending to an okay show. Kinda slid downhill a bit towards the end but it was all right.
Jun 29, 2021 10:18 PM
Jul 2014
SaltyReinn said:

What a plan.

My thoughts exactly.
Jun 30, 2021 9:41 AM

Mar 2017
Even though the end was technically a good one (I mean, William didn't die and they all found their own ways to move on with their life) it was still quite heartbreaking. It's so sad that Louis has to live the rest of his life not knowing if William is alive, Albert ended up in prison and John thinks Sherlock is dead. That's pretty bittersweet if you ask me!

The ways in which the creator retold the original Sherlock Holmes stories was genius, especially how it managed to twist things so that Moriarty was so likable and righteous in his/ their intentions. I am so impressed and adore that Moriarty & Holmes's rivalry was retold as a complex friendship where their extreme intelligence and struggles to fit into society bonded them because it's a feasible path that the two could've taken but one that hasn't been explored.
Jun 30, 2021 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
Ending was a little unsurprising and don't know what to say about the fanservice, but it's still quite interesting to watch overall.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

57 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

75 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

46 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 7, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

51 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 1, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2021

79 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 30, 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.