Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 25, 2021 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The trio of Neku, Beat, and Shiki...it seems this anime prepared the trio for this final episode against the boss. Ofc, they had to throw in some catchy music to make the fight feel more impactful.

Joshua also came back for the finale and it's kinda crazy to see what he can do just with the snap of his fingers. Seems they went with a more lighthearted way of storytelling for this episode in the end. I wish I was more invested into the main cast but overall, felt like this anime was very average.
Jun 25, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
Man, the fight between Players Shiki, Neku and Beat against Kitaniji in his Taboo Noise form, the Fusion between these 3 players is the kicker to defeat Kitaniji and go meet the Composer in the flesh.

The stylistic designs on the wall are unmistakenably CAT a.k.a Hanekoma's, but Joshua came forward as the final Composer boss himself, shocking the trio. Holding both Shiki and Beat hostage, Neku wrestles their lives and the fate of Shibuya under Joshua's control...and so is the history between him and Minamimoto, to which Joshua returns his memory to him in full, as is the 2nd Player pin that Neku consciously had from the start. The same duel as is Joshua and Minamimoto, Neku is forced to make a decision...and decides not to shoot Joshua, landing the same fate as before.

The post-game sequences of the typical Shibuya coming to life, and everything is back to normal. Beat and Rhyme, Neku meeting the real Shiki in front of the Hachiko statue in the Realground, as is Hanekoma and Joshua conversing events after the fact.

A pretty faithful adaptation of the game, though with early stumbles with pacing issues and such that once ironed out, didn't look to be too bad.

Time to play the sequel: NEO: TWEWY!
Jun 25, 2021 10:35 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The battle with Kitanji was actually really good. The CG implementation was nice, with the dynamic camera during Beat’s attacks. I’m glad that the production of this show held up till the very end. However, the fight was most certainly longer in the game. There was an entire second phase with Kitanji where he actually fused with the composer, but that was cut out. Cutting it out is fine, since there wasn’t much of an explanation as to why Joshua would choose to fuse with Kitanji anyways (other than for lols I guess).

Lol, Neku’s trust with Joshua just keeps on jumping back and forth. It was actually kinda amusing seeing him being so friendly to Joshua for a bit. Though the revelation of him being Shibuya’s composer and the person behind Neku’s death should’ve been enough to end said trust for good. However, Neku decided to trust Joshua in the end. And Joshua decided to keep Shibuya alive and bring Neku and his friends to the Realground.

It’s nice to see Neku still being friends with Beat, Rhyme, and Shiki in the Realground. Just like the game, we don’t get to see Shiki’s real look properly. And I’m glad that they adapted the secret ending of the game and expanded more on it by bringing up the information that’s only in the Secret Reports of the game.

The secret ending is only obtainable by collecting all Secret Reports in the game, and Secret Reports are obtained by replaying the game and doing certain actions or objectives. The Secret Reports go considerably in-depth with how the Reapers’ Game works and what Joshua’s goals are. The reports were written from Hanekoma’s perspective, which reveals him to be the Producer of the Reapers’ Game and someone who cooperated with Joshua. The anime’s ending didn’t go completely in-depth like the reports did, but now wasn’t the time to info-dump for an hour anyways, lol. Regardless, I’m glad that scene with Hanekoma and Joshua existed in this anime.

Although this adaptation had its fair share of issues, it did do a lot of things better than I expected. And as a whole, I actually did end up enjoying the anime. I do think that it’s one of the better anime adaptations of a game out there (not that the bar for that is particularly high).

The visual presentation of this anime is great! They really nailed the game’s art-style in the anime. The character designs and backgrounds were all on-point. The CG-work was also pretty impressive. Studio domerica is pretty experienced with CG, so it wasn’t much of a surprise, but the CG models for all of non-Noise stuff (like Neku, Beat, etc) was excellent. There are times where it’s hard to tell whether Neku was hand-drawn or CG animated. A lot of it has to do with the character designs themselves and how they handle shading. Look at Neku’s hair for example; it only used three shades of color: yellow, a darker yellow, and then pure black. All the other characters have a similar shading system too. With the simpler shading on the characters, you don’t have to depend on lighting and consistency in shading too much to make the CG-characters not look too-jarring. Basically, the character designs (and even the background design) helps with the composition of CG scenes drastically. The Noise CG models were a little jarring, but they are meant to be otherworldly, so it felt acceptable enough.

The music in the game was some top-tier stuff. In this anime, ehh… it’s alright I guess. The songs taken from the game were the highlights. The newly-composed stuff lacked the variety the game had to offer. Not enough rock, not enough hip hop imo. And honestly, I can’t even recall any of the new tracks except for the one that they played during the Higashizawa fight (which is also the track they played during the next episode previews that they upload online). And the lack of Teenage City Riot will forever hurt my soul. I like Twister a lot, but I’ve listened to that and all of its variations at least a couple hundred of times. I just wanted something different, lol.

I think the biggest issue I had with the adaptation was that so little time was spent on the first week. With only three episodes to work with, a lot of important scenes were all crammed to the same episode. For example, Ep. 3 had Rhyme’s erasure, Shiki and Neku’s regained motivation to take down the game master, the battle with the game master, and the revelation that Neku will have to do the game again. The first two episodes were fine, but that third episode really needed another episode so it could breathe. And the problem is that the core of this series heavily relies on the first week. Considering how Shiki is Neku’s motivation throughout the entire series, having their dynamic be kinda half-assed in the anime makes a lot of Neku’s motivations to come off as shallow or out-of-nowhere

The second week was pretty well-paced, especially since it got four episodes. The third week was perfectly paced and maybe it was a little too well-paced, lol. Honestly, this anime needed to be a 13-episode series with one more episode dedicated to the first week. However, if they only had 12-episodes to work with and couldn’t do anything about it, I think this anime should’ve gave Week 1 one more episode and the final week could’ve still functioned with one less episode. I think that would’ve helped this series in the long run imo. However, other than the pacing in the early episodes, the adaptation avoided feeling too rushed, which is an issue a lot of anime adaptations of games tend to have. I think what helped was the fact that the original game was pretty short and a lot of it was combat segments and not a whole lot of story stuff. A one-cour adaptation was the right size for this kind of source material.

Still liked the anime enough to call it pretty good, so 7/10.
GoldenDevilGamerJun 25, 2021 10:39 AM
Jun 25, 2021 10:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The revelations about Joshua were not surprising at all and I think we all knew it xD the happy ending also felt kinda random.
I'm especially frustrated because I wanted to see Shiki's real face but they didn't show it, she seemed to be pretty too with her real face :/
Anyway I still liked the anime as a whole for a game adaptation I think it did great especially with this kind of art/chara design, I feel like it's underrated, I really liked the characters overall and when I compare it to the game it sometimes felt more entertaining even though the game is obviously better (with the gameplay) and more developed... I'll miss it a bit to be honest :/
Jun 25, 2021 10:48 AM

Jun 2019
So, as I had anticipated initially, it was all Joshua's doing. He was the composer all along. But, hey they're finally out of the game. Shiki, Neku, Beat, and Rhyme. All are alive. And, gotta say Neku has changed a lot by the end of three games. Hanekoma had the angel wings. All were happy as well.

Overall, a very average show. Got really bored with each episode. The story was alright but it didn't sit well with me. Well, I'm definitely going to play the game tho. So, that's a win-win. Meh...
Jun 25, 2021 11:03 AM

Oct 2017
The final twists were pretty nice and whew I'm glad all of them came back to life. Including that couple and the rippers.

Decent anime overall, I really liked the artstyle and some of the plot twists.
Jun 25, 2021 11:05 AM

Jun 2015
waited like 14 years for an adaptation just so we could continue to not see Shiki's face. very cool
Jun 25, 2021 11:41 AM

Apr 2020
I knew it wouldn't be good the moment they announced it was 12 episodes but I still got disappointed. I give it a 5/10 because I don't see it as bad... It's just there...
Hoping that the game sequel is good tho.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 25, 2021 11:45 AM
Jan 2021
I found this episode good and quite interesting... I found the camera moving with the Beat's attacks amazing... Twister Remix wasn't playing in the final battle :( ... Neku's final attack was like in the game (perfect). .. Of course there wasn't Neku's monologue at the end like in the game, but it was good... I wanted them to show Shiki's face :( Joshua is back ^^... The weapons duel part was really cool... the final minutes with Hanekoma and Joshua were interesting... It was a good adaptation, if you don't consider the rhythm of the episodes at the beginning...

PS: I recommend you play the game (for those who have only seen the anime)
Grade: 8/10

『THE POWER IS YET UNKNOWN』
Jun 25, 2021 11:49 AM
Nov 2020
I believed Hanekoma to be the composer but I never expected that to be Joshua. WTF
In a way both Hanekoma and Joshua were rooting for Neku to win. If a shut in like Neku can change for the better Shibuya deserves a chance.
A satisfying end to the anime. I was hoping to see Shiki's real face but they didn't reveal it. Maybe they want us to remember her that way. I don't know what's Hanekoma's true form. Is he an angel since he had wings ??
Jun 25, 2021 12:39 PM
Sep 2015
If Hanekoma is an angel, then Joshua would be a God, which is reasonable since he has the power to revive anyone, but the most notable thing is he love to test people, just like God.

My favorite boy Minamoto didn't get revive in this anime, however, in Neo..., can't say more!

Anyway, by knowing that death is reversible in this anime, I feel at peace, and I like it more than ever, might pick up a game!
Jun 25, 2021 1:25 PM
Jul 2017
the biggest cockblock of all time was shiki's (real) face not being revealed.

i think overall the anime is pretty nice if you go in without the expectation of something phenomenal and/or you knew the game already but are prepared to see 12-episode adaption pacing (what i'm saying is, go play the OG game if you haven't already.)

it's been a fun ride, guys. see you all when NEO comes out.

7.5/10
Jun 25, 2021 1:41 PM

Jan 2009
why they did not show the face of the real Shiki? damn

and Mr. CAT is an angel? welp a guardian angel for Neku for sure

so Joshua is the real Composer all along

the anime is basically Gods playing a game and the toys are the humans err ye
Jun 25, 2021 2:12 PM
Aug 2020
I don't want to open a new thread for this, but why is this lated so insanely low for MAL standards? Is it really that bad?
Jun 25, 2021 4:00 PM

May 2020
Storm1988 said:
I don't want to open a new thread for this, but why is this lated so insanely low for MAL standards? Is it really that bad?

People who played the game seem to hate it. People always say the adaptation of the original is worse. It's like some kind of sickness. I didn't play the game but I enjoyed the anime. 7/10
Jun 25, 2021 4:12 PM
Aug 2020
GhostCow said:
Storm1988 said:

People who played the game seem to hate it. People always say the adaptation of the original is worse. It's like some kind of sickness. I didn't play the game but I enjoyed the anime. 7/10

Amazing that the Steins;Gate anime somehow broke that curse then. ^^ Thanks for explaining.
Jun 25, 2021 4:47 PM

Mar 2012
that kitaniji fight was an absolute joke

joshua remains one of the best characters in animangame history
Jun 25, 2021 6:06 PM

Jun 2015
I'm glad they used more game music in the finale
Jun 25, 2021 7:36 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
...I could easily sum up my whole post with just the first few notes I wrote for the episode...
6/25/21 - twewy anime ep 12 subarashiki kono sekai
HOPEFULLY THE END OF MY SUFFERING
  • Yeah I kinda give no shits about this adaptation anymore
...but I won't do that.

First thing first, some positives. Dunno why it stood out to me, but this right away seemed to be one of the better-looking episodes—I mean it obviously should, this is the end after all, but I mean, well hey, it's still a positive, right? Even the CG usage was a bit nicer than usual in my opinion. I may not be one of the many pissed off over the CG, but it did kinda stand out somehow. Speaking of that, there's an interesting use of Fusion here—it seems the anime staff only decided to innovate on the "spam Fusions" resort during fight scenes at the very end—where Mr. Mew borrows the power of Beat's chains, that was kinda neat I guess. Neku summoning the final Fusion of the whole game looks fairly decent too.
And...... wait what?
The whole Kitaniji Noise fight ended already?
It ended before the opening even started!!!!

*sigh* Yup... and here comes the complaints...... I'm sorry in advance.

The opening fight, like most other fights in this whole fight, ended almost as quickly as it started, with almost barely any time to process that there was even the slightest bit of struggle. It practically feels quite pathetic especially while remembering the several times I had to repeat this final boss fight lol. Then for some reason the next scene onward is entirely moved to the Trail of the Judged... well I mean, I guess maybe I could see one reason why, they changed it so that all that graffiti there would be a callback to where this whole story chronologically began (Udagawa-cho), right? I guess in that way it's not that game-changing...
Anyway, from this point on, it's clear that whoever wrote up this adaptation started eating some quiche or something, because I could practically smell some cheesiness onto the rest of the episode. I already smelled some of it in the beginning of the very first episode, with stuff like Neku frantically running away from the cars and the hilarity coming when Truck-kun is unironically added to the story like the start like your average modern isekai, but at least there I tried to ignore it and keep some hope for the rest of the show oh, if only I knew any better. This time I can't restrain myself—after the biggest twist of the story gets revealed, the characters are understandably shocked but they're drawn with these goofy ass faces (especially Neku); just before Neku drops his gun, he suddenly hears Hanekoma's words and summons yet another unnecessary-blatant-unsubtle-lack-of-budget flashback of his friends while he basically monologues "My friends are my power!" in his head.

And after all that, he decides to drop his gun and FRICKIN HOLDS OUT HIS HANDS AND SAYS "I'LL TRUST YOU" WITH A SMILE FOR SOME REASON??
What the f***????

NO SANE PERSON would ever realistically act like this. Not even if it was some other weapon and not at gunpoint.
Especially not Neku, not even after all the shit he's gone through.
Did anyone other than all the Joshua x Neku shippers out there (yes they exist) ever take this part even the slightest bit seriously?

This is a genuine question from someone who unironically loves a lot of magical girl anime, by the way.

...uh... yeah... so uh anyway, after that happens....
I'd be happy at everyone coming back to life (even Sota, Nao, and 777's band comes back, yay!), but... the bafflement still continues. Neku's return to the UG feels so diluted and it's honestly kinda disappointing. Because of new changes like the decision to make the RG folks look weird in the UG, it's no longer ambiguous whether he wakes back up in the UG or the RG. His iconic 「なんだよ? なんだよこれ?!」 (which was changed to this well voice-acted line in the English version if anyone's curious) is nowhere near emotional (or even cinematic) at all, and is instead mindlessly mashed in with some other needless monologue stating things that could have just as easily been shown, not told. I appreciate the extra voice acting during his reunion with his new friends, but it kinda loses some of the emotional impact from just silence... even if it means Shiki gets to reintroduce herself again.

Speaking of RG Shiki........ WE STILL DON'T GET TO SEE HER EYES!!!!
WHAT THE F***!!!!!!!!!

It's been 14 years since the game came out!
After realizing that this anime was likely to disappoint, I still kept on going for at least hoping of truly seeing her after all this time...
...AND WE STILL DON'T! D:<<<

Not to mention there's also a shitton of random expostion. I guess we gotta info-dump some of the Secret Reports... but still... I still feel like this could have still been possible in a less "eh" way and if this was a (much deserved) longer adaptation. I just—OH WAIT NOW IS THE TIME YOU REMEMBER THAT GOOD MUSIC EXISTED FROM THE GAME? NOW OF ALL TIMES WAS THE TIME TO PLAY "Underground"?? NOT EVEN DURING SHIKI'S ARC OR SOMETHING??? AND THEN NOW YOU RANDOMLY SPAM "It's So Wonderful" AGAIN? Why does it feel like no one knows that there's a time and place for everything...?

Speaking of music, I wasn't expecting "Lullaby For You" to ever show up, and so of course, it continues to never appear again.
But the anime doesn't even bother to use "Runaway" during this part? Why not?
Not too big of a deal since I only started losing expectations as the show went on, but still... it would have been a tiny bit nice to do at least that...

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶

Anyway, there goes the last episode of—and the series as a whole—The World Ends With You The Animation.

And honestly, as a diehard fan of the original TWEWY on the Nintendo DS........ *sigh* I would say more, but I think this anime will actually be the subject of my very first anime review on this site. I've only made MAL reviews for some very obscure manga at this point, as they didn't have any reviews on them at the time and most of the anime I had strong opinions about to put into a review were not only already plagued with reviews, but also had at least one or two that reflected my opinion, so posting my own review didn't feel necessary. But this time I really feel the need to. It might take some time, but... I'll try my best.
For now, I'll leave my thoughts at... a 4/10.
This anime adaptation is clearly just an advertisement for a new game, not a passion project like the original game was.
And I could feel the lack of passion to the point where it influenced into my enjoyment.
I'm sorry.

I understand how Promised Neverland fans felt earlier this year now...

IT'S A WONDERFUL WORLD

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU
Jun 25, 2021 7:37 PM
Dec 2020
The thing I was most excited for with this episode was seeing the real Shiki's face. In the game (or at least the DS version), they never go past her nose.

The same goes for the anime. Darn it.
Jun 26, 2021 2:57 AM

Sep 2010
So even in the anime they didn't show Shiki's real face I was hoping that they will show it :/ I'm very curious what she looks like

And I think I saw the kids from the pin mini game...
Jun 26, 2021 3:28 AM
Sep 2020
As someone who has played the game many times through multiple systems finally seeing an anime adaptation for this game was honestly very satisfying I will admit yes there were some rushed moments and things that got skipped over but honestly I’m genuinely content that a niche game like twewy my favorite RPG or just game, in general, got a genuinely good game anime adaptation it wasn’t the best but it was really good 8/10 for me tbh and I’ll buy it whenever it comes out on blu ray and rewatch it as I’ve always done with the game can’t wait for the sequel to come out (sorry for my bad grammar kinda late where i live I honestly wanted to type it out as is)
Jun 26, 2021 3:31 AM
Sep 2020
SakuRainbow said:
So even in the anime they didn't show Shiki's real face I was hoping that they will show it :/ I'm very curious what she looks like

And I think I saw the kids from the pin mini game...
They were there i yelled out “THE TIN PIN BOYS” by myself when i saw them lol but who knows maybe in the sequel will get a face reveal…
Jun 26, 2021 6:35 AM

Oct 2016
That was honestly a really good finale and it was very interesting. I haven't played the game nor I have time to, but I wanna get into Neo, so the anime was good enough to basically get the story. They could have explained the pin powers though. Good to see Sota and Nao alive and everyone else, especially Kariya and Uzuki, I really liked those two. Really wanted to see what Shiki really looked like, but Neku and Shiki officially meeting alive now was really sweet, imma be disappointed if they didn't end up together lmao. 6.5/10 ~ 7/10

Looking forward to Neo, sucks that it's an epic exclusive.
Jun 26, 2021 7:14 AM
Dec 2018
I never played the game so I don't know if it was faithful to the game but as an anime onlies, it was boring I mean really boring. I should have dropped it in episode 3 but I continue because of the art style. Everything is dull especially the characters. The world-building isn't properly explained.
4/10 I don't think I will play the game I don't have time.
Jun 26, 2021 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
what episode was this finally things were resolved but this is a surprise how the composer was in the face is this was the highlight episode about shiki's death.

Kitaniji is actually the songwriter I was surprised by that I thought a few episodes ago that he really had disappeared or died after the old fight with the master.

This ending was even cool for this show.
Jun 26, 2021 1:09 PM

Jun 2019
My 148th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Jun 26, 2021 7:14 PM
Jul 2019
This was actually a pretty enjoyable adaptation overall. I enjoyed it. It has its flaws, the pacing was off in the first week and most action scenes weren't that good and always felt very rushed, but the story progressed pretty smoothly starting from second week and most twists were done well imo.

I will give it a 7/10. The current rating, being below 6 is way, way too harsh imo.
Jun 26, 2021 7:18 PM
Jul 2019
GhostCow said:
Storm1988 said:

I played the game and thought it was a mostly fine adaptation. The game is of course 10 times better, no doubt about it, and I recommend it for anyone who hasn't played it yet, but as an adaptation this was quite decent, not bad at all and the rating is very harsh. It should be 6.50 or something.
Jun 26, 2021 11:58 PM
Dec 2020
My sister and I have been watching the last few episodes together. She decided to skip out on this one because we were eating and she was a fraid she would spill something on the gaming chair.

We went kayaking today. It was dreadful, but she was having fun. Near the end of the river, she asked me how the episode was, and decided to guess how it ended. I wasn't expecting anything close to what actually happened. Here's what she said:

"So they beat the Hydra (Kitanji), and white-hair guy (Joshua) comes in and says 'ha-ha, I'm the real villain' and points a gun at headphones guy (Neku). Headphones guy then drops his gun and probably says something stupid like 'I trust you,' and he gets shot and dies, but then he's alive, and Rhyme is alive."

I asked her whether she found a summary of the episode beforehand.
Jun 27, 2021 4:19 AM

May 2009
Adaptations of video games are pointless and boring.
Jun 27, 2021 4:48 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 12 and its really good, and its also the last ep.. the story was actually misleading us to believe and think that hanekoma was actually the composer, when its actually joshua! Like, that really got me.. lol.. we all even thought that hanekoma was actually the composer, which is quite unexpected.. since right after the intense battle with kitaniji, the head reaper, they directly proceeded to meet the composer.. then also learned the truth of the reaper game, which is actually a bet between a god and a reaper.. the god who wants to erase shibuya cuz of its defects, while the reaper who also loves it.. anyways, i rate the anime a 9.5 of 10, 9.5 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 27, 2021 6:07 PM
Dec 2017
Thank the composer this show is done.

Jun 27, 2021 8:14 PM

Jun 2014
7/10 - fulfilled my expectations, at least for being a video game adaptation. The anime alone is definitely not meant for people who havent played the game. Otherwise, there would be a lot of things that dont make sense due to certain details being cut out or fast paced for time. I do appreciate that they at least took the time to explain [most of] the ending.

In my opinion, the only one egregious thing with the anime was the gross underrepresentation of the game OST. IIRC, only like 5 songs were played, and that includes the OP (twister), "Calling" only played in ep1, two songs that only played in ep12, and then "its so wonderful" played 2-3 times. No Game Over, no Detonation, no Rush Hour, no Satisfy, no Junk Garage, none of battle music. sigh.
Jun 28, 2021 9:16 AM
Dec 2017
Vaineeeeee said:
I never played the game so I don't know if it was faithful to the game but as an anime onlies, it was boring I mean really boring. I should have dropped it in episode 3 but I continue because of the art style. Everything is dull especially the characters. The world-building isn't properly explained.
4/10 I don't think I will play the game I don't have time.

Play the game instead, you'll have a much better time.

Jun 29, 2021 10:46 AM
Oct 2010
The best way to enjoy this anime is to have played the DS game a decade ago, and let the show's nostalgia hit you. I do wish they played more of the OST but it was still a fun ride and got me pumped for NEO.
Jun 29, 2021 4:48 PM
Dec 2017
Chevve said:
The best way to enjoy this anime is to have played the DS game a decade ago, and let the show's nostalgia hit you. I do wish they played more of the OST but it was still a fun ride and got me pumped for NEO.

Yeah exactly and the anime onlys should play the game already.

Jul 7, 2021 6:02 AM

Mar 2020
Quite a nice tie to the end of this series. I skipped the last couple of minutes because I didn't want to lose the incentive to collect all of the game's secret reports, but I think concluding the series with a lore dump between Hanekoma and Joshua was a pretty good way of capping everything off. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't keep that monologue from Neku, though. Although it clashes with my attitude towards Joshua, I think that the image of Neku lying face down in the scramble crossing is a pretty good way of indicating that he's back in the RG while also serving as a visual metaphor for how he's finally willing to venture outside his comfort zone.

The rest of this episode was kinda just alright. I've been able to overlook the combat in this show on account of it being mindless and not occupying too much time, but at this point in the show it was beginning to get on my nerves. The confrontation with Kitanji was what the third week had been building up to, yet Neku and his gang completely fucked him over the course of two seconds. I know Kitanji is meant to look a little pathetic in the game, but he was Neku's bitch from the outset here. I feel bad for the guy.

Jul 11, 2021 2:22 PM

Jun 2014
Well with this being a game adaptation, it was expected that it ended up being average. Didn't really care much for the characters the story or really anything that was going on in this show, so yeah I think 5/10 is a fair score.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 21, 2021 9:38 PM
Dec 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
Well with this being a game adaptation, it was expected that it ended up being average. Didn't really care much for the characters the story or really anything that was going on in this show, so yeah I think 5/10 is a fair score.

The original game is way better than this.

Jul 22, 2021 11:59 PM

Oct 2012
Kind of average, it did mostly follow the game story correctly, but missing all the points that actually made game great to begin with...

Ended up being mostly a fast 'short summary' for those who already beat the game and want a quick refresher.

Kind of weird they skipped the whole post game finale which actually connects to NEO TWEWY and should have been the entire point of actually watching this...

Yeah, a 5/10, it's nothing terrible but leaves a lot to be desired.
Jul 23, 2021 10:33 PM

Jun 2013
I came in with no expectations, only looking for a fun time. And a fun time did I have! I played the game years ago, and I absolutely still love it. I knew that busying myself with comparing the adaptation to the source material would ruin the enjoyment, so I mostly refrained from doing so as I watched the series. This was a pretty decent adaptation imo! It was nostalgic to see the TWEWY aesthetic and characters brought to life. Okay, really, I came here to see Joshua animated and that did not disappoint at all. Overall, this was a fun ride, and I am super excited for NEO :)!

But first, I'm going to replay the original~
Aug 21, 2021 9:43 PM
Dec 2017
bastek66 said:

Clannad and Steins Gate imo are really great adaptations and so is Bayonetta Bloody Fate.

Aug 22, 2021 1:50 AM

May 2009
Crow_Black said:
bastek66 said:

Clannad and Steins Gate imo are really great adaptations and so is Bayonetta Bloody Fate.

Those are Visual Novels and bayo anime movie was meh at best.
Aug 22, 2021 10:16 PM
Dec 2017
MozillaFennekin said:
waited like 14 years for an adaptation just so we could continue to not see Shiki's face. very cool

For real that was really super annoying as hell.

Aug 24, 2021 7:31 AM

Jul 2015
So Joshua was the one who shot Neku after all, damn story playing with my sympathy. Took

Neku 3 long weeks but he and the rest finally managed to defeat this Reaper's Game

Aug 25, 2021 10:25 PM
Dec 2017
Unkrowned said:
So Joshua was the one who shot Neku after all, damn story playing with my sympathy. Took

Neku 3 long weeks but he and the rest finally managed to defeat this Reaper's Game

Play the original game you won't regret it.

Sep 27, 2021 5:03 AM

Nov 2013
i like the last episode, the soundtrack was great as always, and we got that typical power of friendship type of ending, still the whole show wasn't even good lmao
Oct 10, 2021 4:52 PM
Dec 2017
madelajn3 said:
i like the last episode, the soundtrack was great as always, and we got that typical power of friendship type of ending, still the whole show wasn't even good lmao

Play the original game its really great.

Oct 11, 2021 12:06 AM

Nov 2013
Crow_Black said:
madelajn3 said:

Play the original game its really great.

uuu I'll give it a try!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

29 by Shiki_mew »»
Jun 12, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

34 by Shiki_mew »»
Jun 12, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » CALLING

TrishaCat - Jul 3, 2020

21 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jan 23, 2023 11:08 AM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2021

156 by Hayley2877 »»
Oct 28, 2022 1:09 PM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2021

27 by Rob »»
Oct 4, 2022 1:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.