Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 20, 2021 2:57 AM

Mar 2019
This episode was really awesome. It showed they growth of the characters from various points of view, from Lily's solo performance to group performances trying to give a little bit more of comfort to everyone during the calamity. Also their effort trying their best to hide the fact they are zombies.

Pure development and I just can't believe this story will end in the next episode. Season 3 has to come.

By the way, Yuugiri's past was very emotional, but never expected the mask break scene to be the one that would make me cry watching this anime. Ai-chan's face when looking back to the group in this scene, showing that they love Franchouchou doesn't matter how they look, just made me tear. Damn.

Jun 20, 2021 3:09 PM
Jul 2012
Such an amazing episode, the ending with Kotaro and Sakura had my heart palpitating. Will there be a new season? Or can they wrap things up in one episode???
Jun 20, 2021 8:02 PM

Oct 2013
Please just have Sakura remember Kotaro and how much he's done for here!!!!!!!!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiip!
Jun 21, 2021 10:23 AM
Mar 2018
Man, this was a fantastic episode, definitely one of the best ones so far. I laughed, I cried, what more can you ask for?

The mask scene was super funny and wholesome at the same time, but I think the scene with Kotaro and Sakura at the end steals the show for sure. I´m looking forward to the final episode next week and also possibly a third season.
Jun 21, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2014
Great comedy but also so any emotions. Ai turning to them there was such a strong scene.
What I hope for the most in next episode is S3 announcement, or however long it takes to get Kotarou and Sakura's past revealed.
Jun 21, 2021 9:34 PM
May 2016
Such a good show, deserves more love.
Jun 23, 2021 8:01 AM

Mar 2016
Everyone is doing their best during the hard times is pretty inspiring.

Seems like Tatsumi's bar uncle who is the embodiment of the Saga is getting worse.

Franchouchou keeps everyone's morale up and helps all the people out.

The reporter now knows that Kotaro didn't exploit the dead girls, the girls themselves are only doing what they wanted, not being exploited.

When the girl's mask broke, saga people didn't care if they look like zombies, they are accepted as Franchouchou is very much wholesome. (Nice getaway with "Dressing up as zombies" hahaha)

The last scene where Kotaro gives them all a prep talk is very much inspiring. For the Saga people!

And lastly, the flashback scene where Kotaro mourns Sakura's death and him talking(more like confessing but without saying love) to Sakura is very much emotional.

Can't wait for the finals episode tomorrow and Season 3 if possible!

Also, this show really need more love!
Jun 23, 2021 9:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh boy, I caught up just in time! Final episode in under 24 hours but I'm really looking forward to that now.

Masks giving away there in the nick of the time surprised me to my core xD but the children saved the day. Intense stuff, that. I'm surprised they managed to get away with the Zombie makeup excuse, that just nullifies their entire purpose of getting makeup in the first place lol. Hopefully, no cracks though. It seems like their presence is controlled by the old man's "power", after all.

Kotaro-san and Sakura's conversation in the end was quite touching.

With just 26 minutes for the finale next week, I doubt we'll be getting all the answers but here's to hoping the season goes out with a bang nonetheless.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 23, 2021 11:33 AM
Aug 2020
I hope that the new single is gonna be the full version of the Opening Song, that would be insanely hype!
Jun 24, 2021 8:33 AM

Nov 2016
Wow, that storm was wilding.

Such a fun and touching episode again. The children got it and there was no way reporter-kun wouldn't receive Franchouchou's feelings either.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2021 9:45 AM

Mar 2010
Twas a bit cringy, I mean most things are when you've lost your home and belongings lol, but damn it got better at the end there.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 5, 2021 6:03 AM
Oct 2019
They got Mamoru Miyano singing in this episode???
Holy shit...
I know man can sing, but didn't expect him to sing in this.

That ending scene, is that Kotarou trying to fullfil Sakura wish to become an Idol?
Wow what are their relationship in the past?
Jul 20, 2021 3:09 AM
Jun 2020
the masks breaking were hilarious fr. and the kotaro and sakura scene. i thought he would say something like 'i am inui' or 'i have always loved you' or something lmao but i expected too much. at least we got a kabedon lol. his facial expressions hurt man idk he's usually a goof so his kind of vulnerable expressions were shocking and sad lol. i didn't really understand the flashback much but maybe it meant that he was hated by everyone except this cute girl with a bright smile aka sakura?? that's what i got from it. i wish to know more of kotaro and sakura's backstory
umaruchan26Jul 20, 2021 9:27 PM
Aug 19, 2021 12:51 AM

Jul 2015
Those little kids saying they're not zombies but Franchouchou are just too precious and wholesome. Also lovely heartfelt moment there at the end with Kotaro and Sakura.

Oct 28, 2021 8:04 AM

Mar 2017
Koutarou was so cool there at the end, one of his best moments.
Oh and the saga policeman actually got top be useful :}
Nov 5, 2021 3:06 PM

Oct 2017
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
It feels like the story is JUST beginning!

It really does, it feels like it could probably go not only for a season 3 but also a a fourth and maybeeee a fifth, but at least a 3rd and 4th season for sure.
A lot of progress has happened as well, but I really don't think its anywhere near over just yet.
Nov 29, 2021 7:11 AM

Feb 2019
Another great ep, Zombieland Saga doesn't stop.

An idol anime makes me want to cry. Truly amazing.

I love Franchouchou and gigachad Kotaro so much.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Nov 30, 2021 3:45 AM

Mar 2013
I can't stop laughing the moment the masks broke after their jump... XD
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 30, 2021 9:51 AM

Aug 2018
Floods exist, yeah..
Wonder, what Kotaro asked journalist of..
Feb 6, 2022 1:21 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
How does this show maintain this high-quality episodes? The directing was insane in this one, I loved the tension, the music, the backgrounds, the timeslips, everything was spot on.
Apr 10, 2022 8:39 AM

Apr 2016
The joke with the mask was funny but the rest felt so boring, I blame Lily's scat, since her episode this show has took the road of boredom, with Tae's episode being the big exception.
May 5, 2022 6:21 AM

Apr 2011
Nice Kotaro x Sakura moment at the end. The feels as well.
Jun 8, 2022 7:23 PM
Mar 2019
Just when things were starting to look up, Disaster happens.
The Girls are great with the Kids who are not shocked when the Makeup comes off.
Aug 5, 2022 7:38 AM

Jan 2015
Everything here was beautiful, super great episode. All amazing characters! Powerful episode! Oh yeah, the directing too, loved it.
Sep 21, 2022 4:46 PM
Jan 2017
And so, Franchouchou gave Saga the thing it needed most: hope. The story of Franchouchou was never about fame, glory or popularitiy. It was always about things that don't have a price. like friendship, teamwork and helping others. This episode perfectly encapsulates those ideals and delivers a fantastic climax for our heroines.

Only one episode remains and I can only hope Zombieland Saga delivers a satisfying conclusion.
Oct 8, 2022 8:21 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
I really want Kotaro's past with Sakura to be revealed, he obviously was (or is) in love with her

Nov 18, 2022 5:59 PM

Oct 2022
I like how especially Kotaro got a bit more spotlight in this episode, what's with him singing, the one frame with him standing alone, and the scene at the end. Lowkey hoped it would reveal more but I think it's still a really excellent scene.
Mar 6, 2023 5:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The tragedy hit Saga, but our zombi-girls are a breath of fresh air!!!!

the real face in front of the kids, surprise kids!!! kekeke

Oct 16, 2023 11:21 PM

Sep 2016
"Zeroko"...bruh, what about 'Reiko' instead D:
bruh
Nov 8, 2023 3:55 PM

Feb 2018
Lmao when their masks broke on stage oof. Glad that Ookoba saw them for what they're and will now help Kotaro.. but what favor was he talking about? This is peak!
Nov 11, 2023 7:32 PM

Dec 2022
Damn that scene at the end.. actually made me tear up a bit. What a great scene, so much emotion in that. What a great episode overall.
Dec 17, 2023 4:48 PM
Oct 2017
I actually think the idea of having the protagonists affected by a flood great, this is something that also happens in Colombia where I am from and it is not something that you would see a lot in fiction, even less in anime, the idea that the protagonists got found out because of they lost their possessions to a flood is just really refreshingly humane and realistic.

But well, they backed down, I am guessing they want to go for a more episodic route, so while we got to see how the public would react if they revealed they were zombies, they kinda just backpedaled it and went with the obvious choice, I think it was a way to show us the acceptance of the public and give us some piece of mind while allowing themselves to still keep an open ending for the future, I believe the next episode might also be open ended.

Oh well, I was kinda expecting this, it seems the reporter is also backing up in his mission of reveal the truth of the girls, and that arc will be closed nice and tiddly, overall, a fine option for an episodic show about zombie idols.

But, if anything, this makes me want to look into more zombie books and stories, something that explores into the topic more deeply.
Feb 9, 6:14 PM

Dec 2022
Koutarou living the dream
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2021

235 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 10, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

109 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

120 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

172 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

113 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.