Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup as expected, Yoshida supports Sayu where she goes, no matter when or how.

This was another emotional episode for the both of them. Sayu needed all the support she could get and Yoshida carried that responsibility. Many tears were shed this episode. And also, Asami still continues to support Sayu even though she isn't there in person. What a great friend.
Jun 14, 2021 7:28 AM

Apr 2010
Well at least Sayu is coming to terms with the things that happened.
The question now is how wil things go with her mother, the slap made it clear she is angry but it that's to be expected.
It's just wil she accept the return of her daughter or not and what will she do now that her daughter is back this could get nasty.
Hopefully it won't tho.

Also Sayu's brother is obsessed with Lexus.
Jun 14, 2021 8:14 AM

Jul 2020
Sayu's grip strength do be crazy, cutting her hands on the gates. Jokes aside the first thing her mother does when she see's her daughter after she's been missing is slaps her? I guess this might be played off as she was finally showing emotion but still violence is never the answer - ususally xD.

So the beginning of the episode was sayu acting like a real teenager, enjoying flights, cafes and the such. This does raise the question, how did Sayu end up in tokyo, it's quite the distance to travel and she didn't have money so going that far is kinda crazy.

Facing your past is something everyone will struggle with, and even though Sayu was shaky at the start, she faced it with her chest held high and you can see the resolve that she got from confronting her past. Might be bad to say but the whole breaking in charade reminded me of those fear tests you see in anime then when sayu looked up at the sky after coming down I thought she was gonna start singing, god I've watched too much anime now my mind is tainted xD.

Yoshida did spit facts though, no matter how much sayu blames herself, that's all just hindsight and she did the most natural thing to do in that situation and it can't be helped, the ultimate decision did lie on her friend to take her own life and sayu can't change that no matter how much she wants to.

The brother again is the MVP, allowing sayu to get adjusted to the new environment and taking it slow, like sure he had some business to attend to but he allowed them to enjoy it and even gave sayu time to steel her resolve, big up.

Going back to the mother, you can tell appearances are all she cares about, who wears those clothes in the night? Jokes aside, for her to slap sayu after everything she's done is quite audacious to say the least, downright rude imo and I honestly thought yoshida would turn into yoshida man and stop her. Sayu's entire resolve seemed to have crumbled from that. Demeaning behaviour.

Next episode is going to be heated to say the least, probably starting off with yoshida shouting at her mum and so on, but at least sayu will get the closure and the best ending I could hope for is that they reconcile but go their separate ways, but we'll wait and see.
LeviathanHWDJun 14, 2021 8:26 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jun 14, 2021 8:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So they went back to Hokkaido by plane and Yoshida and Sayu visited her previous high school, it was kinda sad to see her in that state with all the memories on the roof where her friend committed suicide... and of course they should have installed that fence before, now it's time to confront Sayu's mother but she doesn't seem to be kind at all with how she slapped Sayu directly when she saw her :x
Jun 14, 2021 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
It's time to go home to the Ogiwara Family. Yoshida tagging along with Sayu on their journey to the family's home in Asahikawa, Hokkaido, accompanied by Brother Issa.

It's so nice to see how both Yoshida and Sayu are having fun onboard the plane, and then thereafter burning time in Sapporo whilst Issa does his stuff for the time being. With Yoshida, Sayu feels a sense of freedom and is able to exhibit her JK lifestyle, one that should have been given against her strict mom's orders.

The true nature of Sayu returning to Asahikawa to face and overcome her past traumas, from the school that she last attended (and seeing her only classmate and friend Yuuko commit suicide from the roof, that's now fenced up), it's not her fault that things were to happen this way, and chad Yoshida reaffirming her decisions back then of the irreparable past, to forgiving herself and moving on from this tragedy which still is heavily implanted in her memories. The heart pangs of Sayu has been settled, and a done deal there and then.

From the school, to home, the one big hurdle left to overcome between both adult and JK. This will be a pivotal moment for both Sayu and Yoshida, against the nasty mother.
Jun 14, 2021 8:28 AM

Apr 2014
It's time for Sayu to face her problems. Thankfully, with help from Yoshida, she can overcome one of her past. I hope she will able to smile when talking about Yuuko soon.
Next, time for the last boss, her mom. Honestly, at this point, I really hate her. I've wondered how Sayu and Yoshida will talk and make Sayu reconcile with her. Let's see.....
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 14, 2021 8:29 AM

Jun 2019
Yoshida decided to tag along with Sayu and her brother to Hokkaido so she won't feel alone all of a sudden. Yoshida and Sayu hang in a cafe where they reminisce about their time together and how fast it went away. Yoshida has done so much for her sake.

Before heading back home, Sayu decides to go to the place where it all started, her school where her friend died. It really takes a lot for someone to do what she does. I'm proud of her and thanks to Yoshida that he was with her at that time. Now, back home, and the first thing she received from her mother was a slap. Great job mother.
Jun 14, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2019
Huge episode for Sayu. With Yoshida’s help she was finally able to let Yuuko go and move on. She’s a child and carrying that much burden with you is just not healthy. Ultimately Yuuko deciding to take her own life was her choice, not anyone else’s. “I’ll see you again sometime Yuuko” beautiful farewell. I noticed a couple shots during the episode, particularly when they were in the plane where Yoshida looked at Sayu and you could tell it was not just as a little sister type figure, but as a woman. Nice job by the staff.

The slap from her mother is believable tbh, ran away from home, most black families would have the belt waiting for her ass soon as she walked in. I hope her mom will come to understand her feelings tho. Only two more eps left! :/
Jun 14, 2021 8:34 AM

Oct 2017
Sayu finally came back to her home town and she faced Yuko's death. The part at the school was alright. Now time to face her mom and ofc she slaps her first thing.
Jun 14, 2021 8:38 AM

Dec 2020
This an emotional episode first off Asami is a really good friend for her,
they fly to hokkaido and then sayu brother drive to his company and sayu and yoshida enjoying their time in the cafe.
Then Sayu wants to face the past and that was rough scene i hope when she thinks on Yuuko she smiles.
Now they meet sayu’s mother and first thing sayu got slapp damn i understand why but idk xD
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 14, 2021 8:48 AM
May 2021
Well if i had a kid and they ran away for a while, i dont think id slap them as soon as they came back so that says a lot about how her mom feels about her
Jun 14, 2021 8:57 AM
May 2021
It all feels so forced. They went to the roof top because the script asked for it, not because it went with the flow of the story. It felt like they were acting. Though, this episode did capture some emotions, like how Sayu didn't have a normal high school life, which is the only thing they actually built up since episode 1. The tragic backstory was held back like a secret and was presented in one episope so it was more like an excuse for Sayu to meet Yoshida. Sayu's mother's hate doesn't feel all that real. It feel more like forced drama.
Jun 14, 2021 8:57 AM

Jul 2020
welp, that welcome greeting from her mother wasn't that bad hahaha
Jun 14, 2021 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
Im just kinda bothered by the time passage. They departed early morning from Tokyo and by the time they got to the school was already dark outside.

For the better or worse Sayu, try to own the blame of Yuuko suicide, a sign of a good friend.

Kinda off topic,but looks like Sayu didn't get her nice breasts from her mother.
Jun 14, 2021 9:05 AM
Feb 2021
Slap more than deserved..
Jun 14, 2021 9:08 AM
Jan 2021
I don't have many comments. It's very powerful. I was clearly devastated even though it was 6 months ago.

SPOILER ALERT

With such "moderate" artistic presentation, it's quite touching to be a witness of Sayu's battle of her inner struggle, her griefing on Yuko, and triggers him when he decides to return to a place that was very traumatic for her. At least, this was enough for Sayu to give her positive energy, recovery for her mental health, before "facing the real enemy," the only antagonist here, namely her own mother.

Although ...

You are right. Running away is an act of cowardice. Sayu deserves a "welcome slap" from her mother, even though she is a bad person.
Jun 14, 2021 9:09 AM

Nov 2016
That 👋🏻 was the best shit from the last couple of episodes

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 14, 2021 9:13 AM
Jun 2019
Nice story, and sayur to be strong abiut before life, she so very very strong
Jun 14, 2021 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
Am I the only one or the animation is getting worse?
Jun 14, 2021 9:19 AM
Mar 2021
Someone should have caught that hand....or is it ok in Japan to hit your children? I don't think Sayu should stay there.
Jun 14, 2021 9:20 AM

Nov 2014
Imagine have your daughter disappear for almost a whole year and knowing nothing about them and the first thing you do when they come back is slapping them. Oh yeah, normal mother behaviour.

Besides that, it was a mildly decent episode, yoshida's behaviour atleast made sense this one.
Jun 14, 2021 9:21 AM

Oct 2020
As someone who has experienced the effect of suicide first-hand, Sayu was really relatable in this episode, you don't want to blame yourself but you also don't want to blame the person that committed suicide. It really is painful. 2 years passed and that pain still hasn't faded away, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Remember, suicide doesn't end the pain, it just transfers it to someone else.

Anyways, back to the episode. Overall it was really good, that relationship between Sayu and Yoshida is just like father and daughter. That Sayu crying and screaming scene made me shed a tear too. Oh yeah, Sayu's mother is such a bitch and a terrible mom. Looking forward to the last 2 episodes tho!!
Jun 14, 2021 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
bruh i'm abt to throw hands right now. her mother is such a bitch. who just hits their daughter who you haven't seen in a while
Jun 14, 2021 9:33 AM
Jun 2019
Higehiro is actually a garbage anime
Jun 14, 2021 9:39 AM
Apr 2020
Wow you see your daughter after almost half a year and first thing yo do is slap her typical asian parents 🤧
Well if you had just stopped her and talked her through nicely she wouldn't have ran away. If only you would be a good mother and stopped blaming your child for your husband leaving you. Stop blaming others for your downfall.
Hope things becomes good next week...
Jun 14, 2021 9:48 AM
Mar 2021
4.5 out of 5 it is good episode
Jun 14, 2021 9:50 AM
Sep 2020
I really enjoyed this episode!! Not only does it show how much Sayu has matured as a character it shows how she's not afraid of facing her past anymore!

Btw Am I the only one that plans on using my Death Note on Sayu's mother?
Jun 14, 2021 10:04 AM

Nov 2015
Well, Sayu certainly didn't exaggerate about her mother. No "I was worried about you", or "I'm so happy to see you", just a smack in the face?
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Jun 14, 2021 10:11 AM

Jul 2015

not to sound like an asshole.. but Sayu was being waaay more melodramatic.. and i was cringing like hell in later half..
i love sayu mother for slapping the shit outta her.. she deserved this more before running away..
remember kids.. Sayu's mother did NOT disowned her.. Sayu freaking ran away.. and running away is the worst thing a teenager girl can do.. and Sayu's mother already knows that Sayu destroyed any chance of getting a normal life after sleeping with a ton of randos..
Jun 14, 2021 10:11 AM

May 2021
Sayu finally faced her past thanks to Yoshida.
It was very sad indeed.
But why her mother bitch slapped Sayu? No emotional hug or something?
Jun 14, 2021 10:13 AM

May 2021
PiyushSan said:

I noticed that too.
Especially the plane and cafe parts.
What's wrong with them?
Jun 14, 2021 10:15 AM

Oct 2020
It's time for Sayu to return home to Hokkaido now. Luckily, Sayu's able to clear her past trauma about her friend Yuuka with the much-needed support from Yoshida. Yoshida, frankly, was truly a keystone piece in helping Sayu face her past. And now, it's time to return home. That slap from her mother was peak.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2021 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Mysticus92 said:
PiyushSan said:

I noticed that too.
What's wrong with them?

Yes, the background art is quite bad. But the character designs look really weird at times. That ruined a lot of emotional scenes for me.
Jun 14, 2021 10:26 AM

May 2021
PiyushSan said:
Mysticus92 said:

I noticed that too.
What's wrong with them?

Yes, the background art is quite bad. But the character designs look really weird at times. That ruined a lot of emotional scenes for me.

Even the previous episodes some part seems off.
Let us hope for Project 9 to fix those parts from their BD releases.
Jun 14, 2021 10:30 AM

May 2021
Emotional episode. Nice to see Yoshida always stand up for and care for Sayu. Looking forward to next week.
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 14, 2021 10:48 AM

Jan 2021
What do you mean, an appointment? Shh, for me it's a date
I don't understand why close the rooftop if they can get through the window at the end 😂
Ahg, I already disliked the mother, that's it, even if she apologizes later, I'll never forgive her ( `ε´ )
Jun 14, 2021 10:49 AM

Feb 2014
This episode really did a good job in packing in a strong emotional moment with Sayu. You can really feel that when her emotions were at its most unstable when she was on the school rooftop, the very same one where her friend jumped off and killed herself before, hence the very tall fencing to prevent that from happening again.

Yoshida was finally back at his best, after going through multiple episodes of him being a verbal punching bag from two certain preaching colleagues of his. He was able to get his message through to Sayu that what happened to her is all in the past and the time to move on was now.

The only downside for this episode was that the visual quality wasn't that good at times. Some scenes look spot on, but others feel as if it didn't get a lot of time focused on polishing it up enough. Hopefully Project Number 9 will fix this for the Blu-Ray release.

With everything sorted at the school, Sayu's brother (his obsession with Lexus knows no bounds! XD) drove to Sayu's home, where we were greeted by her mother, first shoving her son to the side, then placing a nasty slap on Sayu's face. Slap first, ask questions later, huh? No wonder she's a pathetic excuse of a parent. >_<

I can only hope that Sayu and Yoshida can get some sense into this immature mother in the next episode. =P
Jun 14, 2021 11:16 AM
Apr 2018
I think the slap might have been a good thing, maybe while sayu was gone she started to miss her genuinely. I sure hope its the case.
Jun 14, 2021 11:36 AM
Apr 2017
This episode felt a 100% filler to me. The show tried to take this episode seriously and pull of some higher than average scenes (compared to what it had so far), but it just didn't work for me. It actually made me realize how sub-mediocre the animation in this show has been all along.
Jun 14, 2021 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
This show has become complete and utter garbage in the writing department. The mother continues to be so over-the-top evil it's impossible to take seriously, and the melodrama about Sayu's feelings about the suicide falls completely flat (seriously, how can Yoshida talk so authoritatively about Sayu and Yuuko's relationship just from being told it and how does Sayu take a word he says about something he knows basically nothing about so seriously?) because the writing completely trivialises suicide by even including it as part of Sayu's backstory: literally, Yuuko is introduced in the flashback solely to have her suicide used as a plot device, when the backstory could function exactly the same without any suicide and without Yuuko being bullied at all. The writing to get them onto the rooftop at all is also embarrassingly contrived and in no way natural.

I would just drop this if there wasn't only two episodes left, as it's become absolutely abysmal in every department.
AtavisticJun 14, 2021 11:56 AM
Jun 14, 2021 12:28 PM

May 2018
Yoshida-san coming with Sayu was the correct decision after all. Who knows how long Sayu would spend sobbing on the rooftop :O at least she has overcome her past trauma now. Mother with the bitch slap damn
Jun 14, 2021 12:50 PM
Nov 2019
Reminder#7: Sayu Is One Of The Worst Characters Of All Time.
Jun 14, 2021 1:20 PM

Apr 2015
Been running away from home for 6 months and the moment you return with your brother, not even like "Oh Sayu, I am so glad you're okay" or atleast something nice like that, but nope, straight slap to the face. I was honestly expecting Yoshida or the brother to step in there.
Jun 14, 2021 1:23 PM
Feb 2017
Melodramatic and cringed a bit on the roof part.
Jun 14, 2021 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
R77Prodigy said:
I think the slap might have been a good thing, maybe while sayu was gone she started to miss her genuinely. I sure hope its the case.

I thought the same. But we'll see next week...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 14, 2021 1:38 PM

Feb 2007
AnimeSSonic said:
It all feels so forced. They went to the roof top because the script asked for it, not because it went with the flow of the story. It felt like they were acting.

She went there to make peace with what happened, before finally being able to face going home. How does that possibly not go with the flow of the story?

UkRs said:
remember kids.. Sayu's mother did NOT disowned her...

Have we been watching the same series? Sayu's mother pretty much disowned her the moment her father left for good.

Keyaru6 said:
Reminder#7: Sayu Is One Of The Worst Characters Of All Time.

This coming from someone with that username... >_>

rsc-pl said:
R77Prodigy said:

I thought the same. But we'll see next week...

One can only hope so...
Jun 14, 2021 1:39 PM
Jan 2021
Am i only one that saw how long hers mother arms was if she stood so far away then how she slapped sayu
Jun 14, 2021 1:43 PM
Jun 2015
PiyushSan said:

I noticed it too, this episode didn't look as good as the previous ones, especially found Yoshida's and Sayu's face proportions to be off, and there was one scene in the first half where Yoshida didn't look like himself at all. very weird animation there.
Jun 14, 2021 1:49 PM

May 2021
great episode..... until the ending

we literally see mom slap sayu while cheerful music is playing in the background
where's the sense

Jun 14, 2021 2:08 PM
Nov 2019
SGCS said:
great episode..... until the ending

we literally see mom slap sayu while cheerful music is playing in the background
where's the sense

Agree, the ending music clearly didn't matched with what happened

[User has been banned for this post]

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

302 by griddyweeb »»
Apr 6, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

185 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Mar 12, 8:09 PM

» Season 2?

Koukyoukyoku - Jan 8

22 by cjozam »»
Jan 17, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

212 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 14, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

175 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 9, 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.