Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 29, 2021 10:42 AM

May 2020
uncleqrow said:
tl_dr said:

As an anime only watcher (and parts of the manga - which also isn't very comparable), what's "Katia's arc" about (unless it has any spoilers)? :)

I think saifors is talking about from the moment Katia got brainwashed until she was supposed to be killed when ambushing Shun. In the novels, the arc was the first time when Katia finally embraces her personality as Katia the girl, and move on from her previous persona as Kanata the boy. Despite being under brainwash control, she fights the brainwash and protected Shun instead (whilst killing herself). And in case you're confused, she did temporarily died. Shun resurected her with the "Kindness" ruler authority skill he had.

Oh wow, that's definetly a lot more interesting than it was here in the anime. Thanks for letting me know! In case the anime doesn't get a second season some time soon, I think I'd really like to read the novels to get more background & stuff.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
May 29, 2021 12:02 PM
Jan 2021
tl_dr said:
uncleqrow said:

I think saifors is talking about from the moment Katia got brainwashed until she was supposed to be killed when ambushing Shun. In the novels, the arc was the first time when Katia finally embraces her personality as Katia the girl, and move on from her previous persona as Kanata the boy. Despite being under brainwash control, she fights the brainwash and protected Shun instead (whilst killing herself). And in case you're confused, she did temporarily died. Shun resurected her with the "Kindness" ruler authority skill he had.

Oh wow, that's definetly a lot more interesting than it was here in the anime. Thanks for letting me know! In case the anime doesn't get a second season some time soon, I think I'd really like to read the novels to get more background & stuff.

And part of the Katia thing was that due to the conflict between male and female, she has the Parallel Minds skill with separate male and female minds fighting.
This reduced the effect of the brainwashing. Her female mind was brainwashed but her male mind was unaffected.
Her male mind basically committed suicide to free the female mind from the brainwashing.

They also left out where Cylis was reduced to an imbecile by the brainwashing - he got his wish to be king, but basically sat there drooling as his mind was gone.

Nothing critical to the plot, so it is understandable why it was rewritten to skip those, but useful backstory.

Unlike many anime adaptations, there is more story than action in the main plot, so adapting to video is hard. (You can easily convert a 20 page fight into 1 minute of anime without losing anything. A couple of pages of text or exposition can eat up that minute, and you often have to cut things)
AbredonMay 29, 2021 12:09 PM
May 29, 2021 1:45 PM

Jul 2008
For anyone who had read the novel
My candies:
May 29, 2021 2:54 PM
Nov 2010
NoHeart said:
For anyone who had read the novel

May 29, 2021 3:17 PM
Dec 2017
Maruseru93 said:
did you read the light novel from arifureta? the mc there got a shitty profession at first alchemist so he was a shitty support class he could make weapons and amors for his classmates but later on he can makes weapons with those he later kills the got who summoned him and his classmates to the other world

Funny enough this is one of the reasons the author started this story. He was already tired of novel were the MC is able to kill god with the powers that that same god gave to him

Fragment extracted from an interview with the author.

Editor: Then, you were influenced by the Narou Novels’ trend of that time and decided to create your own own isekai reincarnation story with status messages, right?
Baba: As I read those Status System Novels the thing which bothered me the most was „How is this going to end?” I had the question of „Who will be the final boss?”, you see. And many of those novels had the gods as final boss. „Challenge the gods with your improved status and skills!” or something like that. But that’s when I realized that skills and statuses are all in the gods’ control. „Can you really challenge the gods and win with the things they themselves created?” I thought to myself, and then I started wondering „Why would the gods create statuses and skills in the first place?” which might have been the beginning of the „So I’m a spider, so what?” story.
May 29, 2021 3:44 PM

Apr 2018
Stupid Envoy's who think they can control Kumoko. Looks like its time for her to save the country from war.
May 29, 2021 10:03 PM

Nov 2009
So, to rescue the other Reincarnates, Kumo fucked Shun over and killed his brother and some other Reincarnate... so... Kumo still technically evil in present/future.

Kinda funny tho, cause from the past-spidey-Kumo and present-humanoid-Kumo...

In the past, Kumo will? help save baby-vamp's country from the allied forces.

While in the present, Kumo and Demon Lord is using the SAME allied forces to try? and destroy Elf's country.

___ ___ ___

Tho the most weird thing is... why did the Elves decide it was better to "Buy" and "Kidnap" the reincarnates instead of just protecting them from the shadows until they grew a bit older and understand they're reincarnates and told them they'll be in danger in the future so they should go live in the elf village...

So yea, in a way, Teach didn't think it through and is technically a bad teacher (I guess).

Too bad about her skill tho, what the fuck kind of skill is that you can't tell others you just want to protect them... (TBH, this sounds like Admin D pranking on Teach just to fuck her and all other reincarnates over) (so... this means the "above quote" someone posted... is "God" is still the "final boss"... LOL)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 29, 2021 11:38 PM
Sep 2019
Just ask for help from Guli-whatsit admin to be able to peacefully approach the Demon King(or Queen lol) so Kumoko can retrieve KARADA... and they addressed the bodies showing up at their manor thing that people were complaining about, so time will tell the answers I guess, Or I hope so at least.
May 30, 2021 2:06 AM
Sep 2016
amlg said:
So, to rescue the other Reincarnates, Kumo fucked Shun over and killed his brother and some other Reincarnate... so... Kumo still technically evil in present/future.

Kinda funny tho, cause from the past-spidey-Kumo and present-humanoid-Kumo...

In the past, Kumo will? help save baby-vamp's country from the allied forces.

While in the present, Kumo and Demon Lord is using the SAME allied forces to try? and destroy Elf's country.

___ ___ ___

Tho the most weird thing is... why did the Elves decide it was better to "Buy" and "Kidnap" the reincarnates instead of just protecting them from the shadows until they grew a bit older and understand they're reincarnates and told them they'll be in danger in the future so they should go live in the elf village...

So yea, in a way, Teach didn't think it through and is technically a bad teacher (I guess).

Too bad about her skill tho, what the fuck kind of skill is that you can't tell others you just want to protect them... (TBH, this sounds like Admin D pranking on Teach just to fuck her and all other reincarnates over) (so... this means the "above quote" someone posted... is "God" is still the "final boss"... LOL)

Regarding Kumo's view on saving or killing people:

Regarding the Kumo + Ariel + humans vs elves:

Regarding the elves motives on the reincarnators:

Regarding Oka-chan's skill and Admin D:
uncleqrowMay 30, 2021 2:33 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
May 30, 2021 2:32 AM
Aug 2019
Actar said:
Because English? Lol.

It Latin, not English.

========

Regarding this episode.

Too much time was taken by the full length flashback of the dungeon exit stronghold destruction. It's a filler in the amine there character development is painfully missing, and the pacing of the story is crazy fast. The studio keeps biting more than they can chew. I wish they would have taken the risk of a slower adaptation. There are enough of action and drama throughout the story, so there is no need to rush for the big battles. And since the big battles only serve as the icing on the cake, by the end of this season we'll be left hungry with a sugar rush.

The teacher's background came too late in my opinion. She was an undeveloped blank from the start, and then she became unpleasant and shady. Now we get this revelation, that she had a very good reasons for what she is doing, so we should feel sympathy for her. I get that it follows the LN, but the LN had all other human characters developed and fleshed out at this point, so she was a single point of mystery in the Shun's group.
Sanitizer_trioMay 30, 2021 3:15 AM
May 30, 2021 3:51 AM

Oct 2008
Sanitizer_trio said:
Actar said:
Because English? Lol.

It Latin, not English.

Lol, stop being pedantic. English is full of loanwords, but no one goes around pointing out the etymology of each and every single one of them. That would be a faux pas.
May 30, 2021 4:10 AM
Aug 2019
You're confusing pednatic with factual. English word would be "with", so there is no need to borrow what you already have. But by all means, you are welcomed to consider any word that is being used by an English speakers as English. As they say, ignorance is a bliss.
May 30, 2021 6:56 AM
Jan 2018
[quote=uncleqrow message=63317876]
amlg said:

No, his ultimate goal
May 30, 2021 8:32 AM
Mar 2021
Damn am I excited for the next episode sheesh the war and spider is going to help the country because of baby blood sucker 🤣🤣 and she's going to join the all you can eat buffet for exp.
May 30, 2021 10:31 AM

Nov 2013
only 4 more episodes left and i feel like there are still so many things left uncovered aaaa i hope they'll find a way to end this in a satisfying way
May 30, 2021 3:47 PM
Jan 2018
madelajn3 said:
only 4 more episodes left and i feel like there are still so many things left uncovered aaaa i hope they'll find a way to end this in a satisfying way

That's because the entire labyrinth setting? That's just the prologue. Season 1 is only like, 25% of the story. The web novel is at 588 chapters, and it's not finished :P I'd recommend starting the light novels, then settle in for the long haul since this will be at least four 24 ep seasons.
Jun 5, 2021 4:20 PM

Nov 2017
Is it just me,or is her actual real "Nightmare" look starting to look really cute as well as her "Kumo" pov look?
Jun 5, 2021 5:01 PM

Aug 2016
No cute spider screeches this time, that's disappointing, but it was still a good episode. Kumoko is so OP.

I feel bad for sensei. Sensei had a good reason for doing what she did. The student roster skill was probably added by D for twisted entertainment. Of course the teacher would try to save her students, most people would attempt to save children from dying. Sensei should've waited until her students were older and did a come with me if you want to live speech. The Elves' plan was terrible. People don't like being kidnapped. The kids whose parents sold them should be grateful to her.

Starhammer said:
Is it just me,or is her actual real "Nightmare" look starting to look really cute as well as her "Kumo" pov look?

No, it's not just you. I noticed that too.
D_GeekGirlJun 5, 2021 5:06 PM
Jun 5, 2021 5:46 PM

Nov 2017
D_GeekGirl said:

Starhammer said:

No, it's not just you. I noticed that too.

I know,I want plushies of both bloody forms now! :D
Jun 7, 2021 5:56 AM

Aug 2010
beast_regards said:
AiHikari said:
-The elves didn't kill the reincarnations, they kidnapped most of them successfully.
-The elves are shown to be more advanced than the rest of the world, big bulky barrier around their entire territory, advanced information network, dedicated teleporters, extremely rare teleport gates and so on.
-Nowhere ever says that the teacher is the only one who can strip skills, that's only your headcannon, stop bringing it to the discussion.

All require knowledge of the novel to find out.

I purposely used information that can be acquired in the past 2~3 episodes, so no.
Jun 7, 2021 8:35 PM

Nov 2012
She wanted to keep them safe, but she brought them to the place of their deaths. That makes sense how. Now they'll all be in a war that most probably could've avoided. Teachers are to educate and provide students with the tools to make their own choices not make the choices for them. Just because she can not divulge her kill doesn't mean he couldn't help them prepare. She could've had elves teach them archery and other skills. What are they supposed to do in battle? Throw potatoes?!
dragynfaerieJun 7, 2021 8:41 PM
Jun 8, 2021 9:03 PM
Mar 2012
Oka sensei good yet tragic backstory & skills. Seeing future death 'spoilers' quite a weird skill.
Seems like two (or more?) wars in different timelines. At this point it's bit too late for Kumoko to avoid affecting the world too much even if she tried.
Jun 9, 2021 2:19 AM
Sep 2017
I love kumos story, wish this anime was the same as the manga because I just cannot bring myself to care about the hero and is harem
Jun 9, 2021 7:05 PM
Mar 2021
dragynfaerie said:
She wanted to keep them safe, but she brought them to the place of their deaths. That makes sense how. Now they'll all be in a war that most probably could've avoided. Teachers are to educate and provide students with the tools to make their own choices not make the choices for them. Just because she can not divulge her kill doesn't mean he couldn't help them prepare. She could've had elves teach them archery and other skills. What are they supposed to do in battle? Throw potatoes?!
the elf seems don't like and don't care about human and other race. That's why don't protect the elf and let them die. But Shun wants protect them.
Jun 18, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2016
Don't mess with Kumoko, she's super deadly ☠ maybe too deadly starting a whole war like that. Time to level up some more.

Another captivating episode. Sensei "saved" her students, tho I guess she's just delaying the inevitable. Hyped for the battle.
FMmatronJun 23, 2021 3:50 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 22, 2021 9:36 AM
Oct 2019
It's so funny seeing Kumoko talked so formal to Administrator lol

Sensei Backstory as i expected is pretty interesting...
She got a very unique skill, i suppose.
Jun 22, 2021 2:49 PM

Jan 2011
Mirei's whole little bit there was fucking moving but people say these characters suck. WTF man. :(
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 24, 2021 12:34 AM
Oct 2019
elf teacher's reasoning makes sense. tough situation for her to be in. how does a baby that literally can't do anything earn points and level up though? haha. and, i mean, you don't have to treat the students as outcasts and prisoners in the elf village, forcing them to do manual labor

does sophia think the demon lord is the spider that saved her all those years ago? so she's loyal to the wrong person? maybe?

that one administrator returns. why can't he just change the game to stop the war? and holy crap i forgot how the administrator "d" said they were in spider girl's class and created/programmed this new world/game or whatever... still don't have answers about that
Jun 25, 2021 11:35 PM
Sep 2020
Good episode..Then I was like what an great CGI army...Then i was like oh its not ohts army but the Hugo one...Anime obsessed with misleading
Jul 11, 2021 3:50 AM

Dec 2013
The administrator did a good job of calling it. She really did start a war! Considering Sophia's position in the future I'm guessing it doesn't end well for Sariella.

I feel really bad for the teacher in this episode. She really is trying her best despite being put in a really bad position. She never deserved all of this hatred and suspicion.
Aug 13, 2021 9:29 AM
Aug 2020
Whattttt.... ive been wondering this since the scene with the baby sophia. Is that the Sophia that they are fighting right now??? And if it does, does this mean that they met each other since awhile ago??? Wait what......

If sensei has student roster, why does she said that Hiiro is dead???
Aug 13, 2021 3:59 PM
Jun 2021
Engiem said:
Whattttt.... ive been wondering this since the scene with the baby sophia. Is that the Sophia that they are fighting right now??? And if it does, does this mean that they met each other since awhile ago??? Wait what......

If sensei has student roster, why does she said that Hiiro is dead???

Shun's story is 15 years after Kumoko's story (and Sophia is a reincarnate too).
Sep 17, 2021 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
Must be tough being born with literal spoilers of what happens to each of her students and knowing how they die. That second restriction really messes things up otherwise I'm sure the students would gladly live in captivity than dying (again) before reaching 20.

Sep 26, 2021 7:23 AM

May 2013
Interesting... So this "Student Roster" ability that Filimøs possesses is essentially shinigami eyes from Deathnote with the same restrictions, except limited to her students, pretty cool ability, wonder if it also comes with the lifespan reduction.
Sep 26, 2021 8:53 AM
Jun 2021
Raybrandt said:
Interesting... So this "Student Roster" ability that Filimøs possesses is essentially shinigami eyes from Deathnote with the same restrictions, except limited to her students, pretty cool ability, wonder if it also comes with the lifespan reduction.

It's not the same thing as the Shinigami Eyes, the cause of death keeps changing.
Sep 26, 2021 11:44 AM

May 2013
groudonvert said:
Raybrandt said:

It's not the same thing as the Shinigami Eyes, the cause of death keeps changing.

Hmm, but she said that she was able to alter the cause and time of death for them, not that it was constantly changing, also the shinigami eyes can be used to alter someones death in theory even without a deathnote.
RaybrandtSep 26, 2021 11:48 AM
Apr 3, 2022 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
An easy win for kumoko
Nov 22, 2022 8:22 PM
Mar 2021
they dont focus on the spider enough
Jun 24, 2023 9:37 AM
May 2023
It's Amazing, also i think it's very underappreciated i mean i suppose people don't think that i would be great cause of the whole spider thing BUT YOUR WRONG its one of my favourite anime out there and I'm really begging for a season 2 which i don't often feel that way when there hasn't been any response on one but for this one im literally going to lose it if they say there's no season 2.
Dec 16, 2023 7:59 AM

Nov 2023
Ariel is a loli demon lord
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.