Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 8, 2021 4:15 PM

Feb 2019
KneelBeforeMe said:
How to ruin an episode, the japanese way. Not only did they flash lights to censor a buddhist symbol, we get different storyboarding than the og version and horrible cuts to go along with it. Jarring to say the least. If these censors keep up for the entire season it will legit be unwatchable. I’ll just swap to the manga not gonna waste my time. Who thought that was a good idea?

Marinate1016 said:
Damn this episode went by way too quick, I was just getting into it after Mikey and Draken apologised to the parents and then boom. Really good episode. Felt bad for the misunderstanding with Takemichi and Hina, but Emma is an interesting character.

So we got a pretty good set up for the upcoming conflict with Moebius, that’s going to be a tough one, excited for the next few episodes to see where things go from here

I’ve seen some people complaining about the manji symbol being censored on crunchyroll, I must’ve missed it because I didn’t notice anything strange.
You srs? That’s just a few examples. They also censored it in the op.

Why would I make a post if I wasn’t serious?
May 8, 2021 4:18 PM

Apr 2013
Marinate1016 said:
KneelBeforeMe said:
How to ruin an episode, the japanese way. Not only did they flash lights to censor a buddhist symbol, we get different storyboarding than the og version and horrible cuts to go along with it. Jarring to say the least. If these censors keep up for the entire season it will legit be unwatchable. I’ll just swap to the manga not gonna waste my time. Who thought that was a good idea?

Why would I make a post if I wasn’t serious?
You might want to get your eyes checked then.
May 8, 2021 4:37 PM
Mar 2020
BlichoBoy said:
Since the beginning of this anime, I feared happening to Hina what happened to that poor girl.

Hide swastika is dumb, and just keep people from learning the original meaning. Like the proposal to substitute the swastika on Buddhist temples in Japan

It also pretty much takes away from the stories importance of the Manji gang it's so stupid the censorship makes me want to die
May 8, 2021 4:38 PM

Apr 2015
What ya doing Crunchyroll, some really weird censoring going on here and all that for a symbol that looks like a Swastika...

Damn, Takemichi almost be banging that blond girl (I wouldn't have questioned anything, cause she's mighty fine). Love how he's now is known as the "wussy-kid" to her, leaving her behind while she was already stripped down to her underwear XD Hina had to be there to hear it

I love seeing the relationship between Draken and Mikey. They both care for each other and it's just like Takemichi said, they cover the parts the other lacks. That hospital scene was a bit hard to watch, yeah Draken and Mikey did nothing wrong, but the Dad's reaction is completely understandable. I hope that the guys who put that girl in a comatose, will suffer greatly by the hands of Mikey and/or Draken.
May 8, 2021 4:44 PM

Jan 2019
What was their thought process picking up Tokyo Revengers when the manji symbol is literally everywhere in the manga/anime?
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the average anime fan"
May 8, 2021 4:48 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

So it was the symbol they censored. I noticed the censoring but couldn't really pick out what was being censored. I guess it makes sense because of what it's normally associated too but if they keep doing it everywhere then it might suck.

Mikey riling up the gang was pretty awesome, especially when he asked if there was anyone who disagreed against taking the fight to Moebius.

Damn, that was rough. I felt really bad for the girl. The scene with her parents was really well done. Drachen is the one who keeps Mikey straight and leads him towards a righteous path. They might be delinquents but he teaches Mikey to understand the heart and show empathy to people and not involve innocent civilians. I'm with Takemichi here, there's no way both of them had a falling out, something must have happened and I hope Takemichi can prevent it.
May 8, 2021 5:04 PM
Apr 2020
Nycro said:
What's up with those very bad cuts? Even if they are there to hide its budget it's extremely noticeable. Or is this an attempt to hide the swastika?
someone said there are 2 versions an uncensored and censored so we need to check the uncensored one to see
May 8, 2021 5:14 PM
Apr 2020
Glordit said:
ttcchen said:
Is it just me or is the animation poor af this episode??

They just cut a TON of stuff and used stills, black screens and terribly zoomed in panning shots to avoid showing the manji on the uniforms.
that's the crunchyroll censored version, the raw one doesnt have the
May 8, 2021 5:16 PM
Apr 2020
Rizaadxn said:
What was their thought process picking up Tokyo Revengers when the manji symbol is literally everywhere in the manga/anime?
bruh the raw version doesnt have the censores tho, we only need a fansub for it
May 8, 2021 5:39 PM

Jan 2019
slenderblak said:
Rizaadxn said:
bruh the raw version doesnt have the censores tho, we only need a fansub for it

Yeah, hopefully some group picks it up.
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the average anime fan"
May 8, 2021 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
It's good that Hanagaki is still strong with his words. I like that, although it was shown a lot about draken, that made the episode interesting.
May 8, 2021 5:46 PM

May 2020
Such a great episode just to be damaged by the censorship. If the next episodes will also have censorship I probably drop it and just read the manga.

An important thing about censorship:
Is not Crunchyroll censorship, it seems is directly from Japan soo...
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll_fr/status/1380976909794877443?s=20
May 8, 2021 5:50 PM
Nov 2019
this anime is so good. this is the only good airing anime it hasn't disappointed me yet let's hope it stays that way. a week feels like a year of how much i miss this anime. let's hope it's a 1 season anime cuz i ain't tryna wait years for some more when i can barely wait 1 week ;-;
May 8, 2021 5:52 PM
Nov 2019
EthereaL015 said:
Such a great episode just to be damaged by the censorship. If the next episodes will also have censorship I probably drop it and just read the manga.

huh? drop it? just bcs it censored the symbol LMAO that's a rlly shitty reason to drop an anime. especially an anime as good as this.
May 8, 2021 5:55 PM

May 2015
woooowww ngl the first ep got me kinda meh but then it turned out to be the ep 0 so i decided to give it another go and WOW i dont regret it, might read the manga as well
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
May 8, 2021 5:57 PM
Nov 2019
KneelBeforeMe said:

Marinate1016 said:
Damn this episode went by way too quick, I was just getting into it after Mikey and Draken apologised to the parents and then boom. Really good episode. Felt bad for the misunderstanding with Takemichi and Hina, but Emma is an interesting character.

So we got a pretty good set up for the upcoming conflict with Moebius, that’s going to be a tough one, excited for the next few episodes to see where things go from here

I’ve seen some people complaining about the manji symbol being censored on crunchyroll, I must’ve missed it because I didn’t notice anything strange.

dude chill tf out they just censored a symbol how is that unwatchable to you? if you think that is worth dropping the anime then ur just stupid asf. just drop it instead of complaining
May 8, 2021 6:15 PM

May 2020
Keyaru6 said:
EthereaL015 said:

huh? drop it? just bcs it censored the symbol LMAO that's a rlly shitty reason to drop an anime. especially an anime as good as this.

Indeed is good, Im not dropping cuz it's bad or the censorship, actually I was already so interested in the story that I wanted to read the manga, so dropping it and go and read would mean nothing, is just preferency lol
May 8, 2021 6:31 PM

Aug 2019
I really hope they end up fucking up those dudes in moebius, raping his girl was already out of line but killing his parents? welp this is probably the second time I’ve seen a dude getting his girl raped in front of him in anime (excluding hentai)
snowykevinMay 8, 2021 6:46 PM
May 8, 2021 7:32 PM

Jul 2014
They did all that to him wtf. And probably Mikey and Drakan are going 2v100 next ep, gonna be intense
May 8, 2021 8:03 PM

Feb 2021
another great ep cant wait for next one
May 8, 2021 8:04 PM

Jul 2013
damn the censorship was awful this episode, they straight up blocked some of the characters who showed up lol

how the hell are they gonna animate the fights when the whole gang has that symbol on them? is it gonna be a lightsaber show? lmao

i think it's time to torrent the uncensored version...
May 8, 2021 8:05 PM

Feb 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:

Marinate1016 said:

watch it on animepahe.com with adgaurd adblock, because i didnt see any censorship
May 8, 2021 8:10 PM

Jun 2019
Shit got pretty real after hearing about what happened to that one member of Mikey’s gang. The animation is still sketchy in some places, but the plot is interesting and the characters are well written so it isn’t a death sentence like it is to other anime. Hopefully they end up giving the gang fight good enough animation so that it is at least not distracting.
May 8, 2021 8:35 PM

Dec 2020
takemichi spies on mikey and draken's daily life because he finds out that draken will die in a few weeks, mikey being the goofy child-like kid he is and draken acts as the mature one to balance him out. not just that, draken is also the one who acts as mikey's "heart", which is understandable if mikey turns 180 if draken died.

next episode will probably be about the mobeius fight, can't wait for that
May 8, 2021 9:07 PM
Jul 2018
Fck that censor, this even not sex scene its just manji symbol diferrent from swastika.

Could anyone give me the link uncensored version
May 8, 2021 9:13 PM

Jul 2020
Well, that's quite the situation to wake up to right after going back into the past...^^;

I guess it makes sense that the former Takemichi takes over once the future version returns to the present, but damn, that's a VERY BIG risk factor right there. Basically any time Takemichi's consciousness is in the present, his old idiot self could completely ruin things for him.
May 8, 2021 9:17 PM

Jul 2016
Good recap.

Emma just grabbed him randomly?

So confused...
May 8, 2021 9:22 PM
Mar 2021
Interesting episode, feud against Moebius. Mitsuya's debut, he was voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka.

I'm a bit annoyed with the censored part, why does the swastika symbol have to be censored?

Draken's words at the end are really cool. Lastly, I'm waiting for Chifuyu's debut.
May 8, 2021 9:41 PM

Jul 2020
This was a pretty good episode.

Hina beating up Takemichi was pretty humorous. I really don't like the past Takemichi all that much, especially that dudes hairstyle, it's a big yikes from me.
May 8, 2021 9:44 PM

Jul 2013
watched a torrent version haha...

wow the shrine scene looks MUCH better

outside of that it's not much difference yet, but i'm worried about the moebius fight since people in the gang would be everywhere, how are they gonna censor it?

i do have to give kudos to the voice acting in this anime, it's quite on point.
i like how many of the characters' voices can go from deep chill bored type to a rougher growly type (for example: mitsuya and mikey in this episode)

but really mikey's dead eyes really adds to his intimidation factor even though he was quite cute in the restaurant scene

also speaking of the restaurant scene, the tone of the story changes quite a lot in one episode, idk how to feel about it. i think they capture both tones very well but the transitions between them can be abrupt
May 8, 2021 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
LeEggBread said:
This was a pretty good episode.

Hina beating up Takemichi was pretty humorous. I really don't like the past Takemichi all that much, especially that dudes hairstyle, it's a big yikes from me.

honestly future takemichi is def >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> past takemichi lol
past takemichi is a mess...
May 8, 2021 9:58 PM

Apr 2013
Keyaru6 said:
KneelBeforeMe said:

dude chill tf out they just censored a symbol how is that unwatchable to you? if you think that is worth dropping the anime then ur just stupid asf. just drop it instead of complaining
Why would I bother watching the anime on CR when they remove entire scenes, change the storyboarding, or make the experience unenjoyable by flashing lights in my face simply because they’re too lazy to add a disclaimer at the start of the episode? The manga will give me the full experience, it’s not like I’ll miss out on balls to the wall sakuga with LIDENFILMS at the helm. Either that or pirated version but knowing some of the things coming up and how often that symbol shows up, I ain’t sitting through 2-cour of this.
May 8, 2021 10:16 PM

Apr 2021
Best episode imo

The story is building up nicely. My only *sigh* regret is that this show also has much more interesting characters the the MC. This is being like new trend of the anime/manga world. Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man come up mind mind where mc is much less likable then most of the characters

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

May 8, 2021 10:48 PM

Oct 2013
Mikey had such a alpha presence, inspiring respect, feels like the boys would follow him through fire if he'd jump in.

But the real kicker for me was the scene at the hospital, toping off with Draken's speech. I got a soft spot for a strong gangster that's honorable & with a heart of gold and well in this case, he IS the equivalent of Mikey's the heart.

May 8, 2021 11:23 PM

Sep 2012
Is it just me or Tokyo revengers anime feel bland? Idk, I love the manga so much and anime is sticking to the story, still it feels so forced, every scene was a gem in the manga. I think execution in the anime feels boring. There is something lacking, feel? atmosphere? animation? I thought this episode would be hype since i loved it in the manga, when i watched the anime it just feels wrong i cant describe.
May 8, 2021 11:31 PM
Sep 2019
FRICKIN RAPIST SUCH BAD AAAAA
May 8, 2021 11:32 PM
Jul 2018
yet another American habit of censoring stuff (both Amazon+crunchyroll) only to get people more curious and talk about it aka streisand effect, well done idiots making sure westerners will forever remain ignorant of other cultures

this ep was dark n funny at the same time, hard to believe this guy is a notorious gang leader

removed-userMay 8, 2021 11:38 PM
May 8, 2021 11:35 PM

Jan 2021
Holy shit. Did they really raped his girlfriend. Just kill them already
May 9, 2021 12:20 AM

Oct 2010
KneelBeforeMe said:

Marinate1016 said:

Just watch the uncensored version mate. The dumbass censorship is not in the Japanese broadcast, it's purely due to Crunchyroll's own editing. Have to go the piracy route sure, but it's way better than whatever the hell is going on with the official CR version.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
May 9, 2021 12:47 AM

Feb 2014
Crunchyroll censors killed Baji's appearance. Hope they do something about it.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 9, 2021 1:52 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Oh wow this shows so good it’s so captivating I gotta watch the next episode now! *forgets that it’s still airing*

dangit

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 9, 2021 2:06 AM

Mar 2021
Loved the episode. Excited for the upcoming episode to see how Takemitchy will save Draken. Good to see that Draken have a heart and the childish heat of Mikey.
To me the whole Tokyo Manji gang is Badass.
And by the loved the part where Takemitchy(I mean the past one) was going to screw Draken's chick.
May 9, 2021 2:57 AM
Feb 2021
can we just take a second to appreciate how cute hina is
May 9, 2021 3:45 AM

Jul 2017
REALLY, CRUNCHYROLL? Censoring the Swastika of the Tokyo "Manji" Gang? That's a pretty bold move that'll not gear good for all.

Trying to take the easy way out, Takemichi? NOPE, because Naoto won't let you be. And the impending internal struggle beween Mikey and Draken that lead to Ryuguji's death, along with the earlier suicides, Toman must both be stopped and saved.

To go back to the past with such a heartthrobbing situation, Takemichi must make a lot of things right. So Emma was the one who almost violated Takemichi, that must've pissed Hina off, more than being Draken's girl. The Moebius conflict with Toman is a serious one: a no-holds frill gang who does the despicable, and revenge must be served cold on the exact day where Draken dies.

Mikey's such a kid LOLS, which makes Ryuguji look like a parent in comparison. But to see one of their comrade's significant other get the disfigurement treatment from a rival gang, both Mkey and Draken have no choice but to take revenge and have a heart for immediate friends and families.

A good takeback for this episode: Draken is Mikey's heart, and the Musashi Festival must be changed at all costs.
May 9, 2021 3:47 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Glad I watched the uncensored version, those white lines are annoying, if they were going to censor it, they could at least do it better.

Damn, past Takemitchy was in on some shit, who tf would cheat on Hina. I mean Emma do be fine, but sheesh, dodged a bullet there, nice save present Takemitchy even if she was just doing it to get Draken's attention. Moebius needs to get their asses handed to them though.

Mikey is such a kid though lmao, I fully understand now how Mikey was badly influenced, Draken was literally his heart, he sets him on the right path, after Draken died, Mikey lost his heart. I really hope Takemitchy is able to save Draken. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 9, 2021 4:00 AM

Mar 2021
Overall a great episode. My only problem is that their reasoning for not telling Hina about the future seems kinda weak. Also Draken and Mikey are amazing bros.
May 9, 2021 4:18 AM

Aug 2013
I just want to protect Hina's smile
May 9, 2021 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
i want the bond mikey and ken have:( I fcking love ken, he just so kind and precious. i hope takemichi will be able to save him or i won't be able to recover
May 9, 2021 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
i want the bond mikey and ken have:( I fcking love ken, he just so kind and precious. i hope takemichi will be able to save him or i won't be able to recover
May 9, 2021 6:09 AM
Apr 2021
Ep was so good and waiting for the fight in next ep
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

» Worst protagonist ever? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Leon888 - Jan 14

169 by KobayashiChi »»
Mar 19, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

253 by Ryokonoma »»
Mar 10, 11:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.