Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 2, 2021 11:20 AM
Nov 2018
Man this was a stupid ep... so much stupid and senseless drama...
May 2, 2021 11:23 AM
Apr 2019
An absolute banger
May 2, 2021 11:28 AM

Aug 2018
First, this anime is not at all what i first expected and that is a great thing!

What an amazing episode this was! Easily cements Vivy as best of the season for me (so far)
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

May 2, 2021 11:38 AM

Nov 2015
nick_kun said:
foxyahoo said:

Well he said he stopped working with them for a while... I think at that point he already had another job.
if that's the case, what would you make of the rest of my question❓

He was shocked because he was told how Grace would be used as the core of the island. Not sure where you got that the phone call was about the fall of Sunrise.
May 2, 2021 11:47 AM

Sep 2020
KyleRiley said:
nick_kun said:

He was shocked because he was told how Grace would be used as the core of the island. Not sure where you got that the phone call was about the fall of Sunrise.
Ah man such a simple thing.
KyleRiley said:
nick_kun said:

Ah man such a simple thing.

Thanks to Matsumoto, it took more time to process the subs in my head
May 2, 2021 12:02 PM

Jan 2017
Holy shit, that last scene with one hand in human blood and second in "AI blood".

Wit really did reverse click-bait themselves on this one! One of the best anime of the season being one of the less popular :(
May 2, 2021 12:22 PM

Jul 2020
Another great episode as always! We saw how Saeki first met Grace and how they eventually met again in the future. We also learned that Grace was basically the core of the metal float and learned of her mission as well. Then the final scene with Saeki and Vivy, damn that was really unexpected to see, and then we saw Vivy "malfunctioning" or going "crazy." I don't know what's going on with her in the final scene of this episode but I'm definitely excited to see next week's episode!
May 2, 2021 12:56 PM
Jul 2015
The last scene tho... caught me off guards... Like seriously off guards
May 2, 2021 1:16 PM

Mar 2017
This episode was unbearably sad, just one heartbreak after another. I can't imagine how Saeki must've felt losing Grace in that way.

The biggest problem with the AI-Human relationship seems to be the AI's obscure place in society; they're treated like inanimate objects by a majority yet they have emotions & 'souls' which in turn cause bonds like Grace & Saeki to happen and it's just so tragic.
May 2, 2021 1:31 PM

Jan 2021
Grace’s singing being the only background noise while Vivy told Dr. Saeki she was goung to destroy grace was one of the most chilling anime moments I’ve seen in a long time. So well done
May 2, 2021 2:13 PM
Apr 2021
(Contains spoilers of Episode 6)

The perennial question continues: what does it mean to pour your heart into something?

Episode 6, as the numerical halfway point of the series, serves as a pivotal turning point for both the audience and Vivy. The commentary below will mainly focus on how symbolism is used to portray this change in tone.

Two sacrifices were made during the process of terminating Metal Float in this episode. While the most groundbreaking one regards Dr. Saeki – which we will discuss momentarily – the first sacrifice actually revolves around M205. When asked by Vivy “what it means to pour one’s heart into something,” M205 responded in a way seemingly indicative of that it holds no capacity for independent thought aside from fulfilling its prefixed mission. However, when Vivy injected the serum into M205, the viewer was shown an ephemeral scene of M205’s mind – a future where M205 happily interacts with children and being proud of his nickname, “M.” Although still mindful of its mission, M205 was nevertheless able to develop its own dreams and aspirations.

Vivy’s actions, however, strangled the possibilities for M205's dream to ever become reality, sacrifice its consciousness to shut down the Metal Float. She exhibits grief for M205’s fate but was able to overcome it and continue with her own mission. Perhaps it was because her mission is to destroy AI to prevent human death, and that she considered M205’s death an inevitability along this process.

The second sacrifice, however, erupts much more chaos. This, of course, regards the actions and eventual death of Dr. Saeki. When Vivy finds herself lost at the central tower, Dr. Saeki chooses to lead her to Grace’s core. With the lifeless body of K5 lying beside him, Saeki realizes that his fight has come to an end: Grace cannot be recovered, and the remnant of his love will forever be no more. Vivy, however, still has a future ahead of her. What motivates Dr. Saeki is a sense of sympathy and abandonment; by showing Vivy the way, he admits his downfall and, in a certain sense, passes his longings and responsibilities onto Vivy – the AI who is destined to destroy all AI.

The ramifications of this sacrifice, however, arrive during the ending scenes of the episode. Just like the cardinal principle of AI, when Dr. Saeki’s only goal is demolished, his life is ended with his downfall. When he killed himself next to the unworn wedding ring, human blood spills all over Vivy, leading to the scene in which one of her hands is covered with blue fluids from Grace, the other with red blood from Dr. Saeki. This juxtaposition of color can be interpreted to portray several messages, but the one that establishes Episode 6 as the turning point of the entire series is the point of Conflict in Vivy’s identity.

As she stated herself before, Diva is the AI who aims to bring people happiness through her songs, while Vivy is the AI who aims to destroy all AI to prevent slaughter. Although these two identities entail vastly different responsibilities, they are united by their central goal, which is to save humans; this conjunction has been the core that kept Vivy operating under both identities. Dr. Saeki’s death, however, disrupted this protocol on a fundamental level: by terminating Grace, Vivy has indirectly caused Dr. Saeki to take his own life. The ocean of artificial fluids Vivy treads on has now been mixed with human blood. In such a world where AI and humans have developed a complex relationship of dependence and emotional attachment, destroying AI would also sever a part of humanity as a sacrifice. The manifestation of this conflict can be seen when Vivy’s power signal began to flicker between blue and red at the end, indicating that the coexistence between “Diva” and “Vivy” is ultimately conflicting – and that her 100-year mission would involve much more than destroying artificial fabrications.

To the viewer, Episode 6 is a reminder that the macroenvironmental setting is quickly changing with every passing episode. As years go by, the perspectives humans hold on AI and themselves evolve as well. As change is the only constant, Episode 6 encourages the viewer to remain vigilant about Vivy’s change in principles and behaviors, providing one the eagerness to discover how Vivy will cope with her conflicting missions and interact with allies and opponents alike.

With the thoughtful infusion of symbolism in characters like M205 and objects such as the mixture of blood and artificial fluid, Episode 6 is to be remembered as both the literal and the symbolic turning point of Vivy: Flourite Eye’s Song.
May 2, 2021 2:19 PM

Sep 2018
Hey emotions, you are not a fucking roller coaster
Official account of the Eastern Roman Empire
May 2, 2021 2:53 PM

May 2017
I'm genuinely afraid. that last scene with both her hands covered in blood literally shows how much she's done and how she feels its her fault. in a way, both colors show that she feels responsible for AI deaths and human deaths. I'm so scared for next episode, will she have sanity left. that must be so much to bear. its not ok that they let her carry so much.

I really hope she isn't the one who ends up starting the AI-pocalipse
May 2, 2021 3:07 PM
Jul 2020
Damn dude u can already see how well tappei can write and develop a character. It's no fucking joke.

Also the animation wtf wit u didnt have to hit that hard, i almost passed out lmao
laaalaMay 2, 2021 3:19 PM
May 2, 2021 3:25 PM

Feb 2012
Vivy admits she is an AI that fights other AIs in order to achieve her goals. I'm still waiting a character to mention that she's preventing AIs from gaining more rights...

Grace's identity being spread amongst all of the robots in the factory was quite the reveal; the song they chose and that they wanted to surprise Vivy.

Matsumoto just using the factory to quickly manufacture more cubes for himself to combine into this flying bike thing.

For a second time, humans die because of her actions, this time she has the blood of Saeki's suicide on her hands.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 2, 2021 5:18 PM
Mar 2019
The production is truly top-tier. Everything is so so great
I love K-On, and so should you.

May 2, 2021 5:53 PM
Apr 2016
I can see the influences from Detroit Become Human and Nier Automata in this anime, along with the Portal Cube.
May 2, 2021 6:21 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty good episode. The flight sequence was good and I was joking that the guy was gonna kill himself so when he actually did I was like "woah"

The show as a whole is still kinda all over the place and incredibly style over substance but it's still fun to watch.
May 2, 2021 6:35 PM
Aug 2017
This show is very good, omg can't wait to watch the next episode
May 2, 2021 6:57 PM
May 2019
Is this the new Sci-fi Attack on titan/Steins Gate!?
May 2, 2021 7:07 PM

May 2018
5/5 Aoty potential. Aots for sure.
May 2, 2021 8:26 PM
Mar 2015
Vivy cannot make everyone happy
May 2, 2021 9:27 PM

Jan 2019
I wasn't as big a fan of this episode... then that ending damn.

Diva clarifying Vivy as a separate identity is fascinating, and has huge implications for the future of AI.

Also notable that she wasn't in the preview at all.
May 2, 2021 11:31 PM

Jul 2020
This is a brilliantly executed episode with a lot of emotion.

Seeing Grace being ripped apart for the greater good of society was quite saddening. That ending... dang. I was not expecting that, it shocked me. I'm really enjoying this original series, and I am very much excited for next week.
May 2, 2021 11:56 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I caught on too late but now I realize while there is the main story of saving humanity that is the back bone of the show, this is still episodic in nature as we move closer to whatever finale they have in store for us

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 3, 2021 3:03 AM
Mar 2021
Lots of emotional moments with Grace and Tatsuya’s story.

The scene of red blood on the left hand and AI blue blood in the right hand, it was heartbreaking and I was a bit shocked when Tatsuya committed suicide.
May 3, 2021 3:05 AM
Dec 2018
What a nice episode!

I love the way the emotions were played with and the part where vivy searched for the core was so cool like a game :3

Didn't expect the last part. I'm curious to see how things would turn out.
May 3, 2021 4:20 AM
Mar 2021
Tsarko said:
Another great and exciting episode. Love how the show manages to one up itself each week. Doctor taking his own life was sure shocking for Vivy. I wonder how she will come out of this incident, she will probably blame herself. I also wonder if her mission will entail taking human lives herself in the future.

Also, seeing the ending credits of this episode, it seems like things aren't really going smooth production-wise. Hopefully the team at Wit manages to go through this one and without the loss of visual quality we've been getting so far.
Huh? How can you tell that from the credits?
May 3, 2021 4:47 AM
Mar 2021
Episode 6 was a rollercoaster. From start to finish, it made me cry so much that I had a headache! It was so heartbreaking, so sad. The scene when Vivy looked at Saeki in the eyes with what looked like tears on her face, I was immediately hit. It only got worse then. Grace’s singing was a supporting factor. When Vivy finally destroyed Grace… The scene was so heartbreaking. It looked so beautiful yet so melancholic. When I thought the sadness was over, well.. they REALLY decided to pull a trump card at the end of the episode. I don’t think I can EVER move on from it.
Aside from WIT Studio successfully ripping my heart apart, the animation for this episode was really done well. I REALLY loved it. Not the fact that they had to shatter my heart though.
May 3, 2021 5:46 AM

Feb 2011
Diva/Vivy stating a difference of both of her personas' missions was refreshing, we needed that scene. This episode was so emotional for the fact that a product of Vivy(her song) played such an important role on this guy. Even with her singing she couldn't save him/both of them. The ending of the episode was just brutal, i wonder what's going to happen to Vivy's "mental state"(ik shes an AI but you get what i mean) from now on..
May 3, 2021 6:21 AM
Jan 2021
*Darling in the franxx flashbacks*
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
May 3, 2021 7:24 AM
Nov 2018
Avvenirista said:
Vivy's starting to crack...
Hegar said:
Then why couldn't they just do that to run the island? Why did they need Grace and her robot body, when they could just copy her mind and it would be the same thing

Because after Estella defied all the expectations about possible AI's behavior, the scientists building the island wanted an AI as symbolic and representative of goodwill as the purehearted Grace to run their out of this world experimental facility.
Yes, it's possible that she wasn't personally needed to manage the island and it's also plausible that another Sister could've handled the same job (well, I'm still not sure about that) but you know how humans are, right? It was obviously an unproductive choice but it wasn't meaningless.

But in that case ... it seems it wasn't common knowledge that Grace in her robot body was running the island, which makes the symbolism pretty meaningless.

And no matter how they justify it, there's no way a robot would be attached like that to run the island. A robot not meant to run the island, inserted to run it. If people like symbolism, and love this robot because it is pure hearted, why would they want to have it buried deep down in the machinery? It was just for the story, so she could be mercy killed. I enjoy the show but this was poor writing.
May 3, 2021 7:26 AM
Nov 2018
GGcc78 said:
Spicelit said:
Nah, Season 1 was better, but season 2 wasn’t essentially a step down from it. And no, Subaru’s character development is godlike no matter how far back you go. Season 2 wasn’t a mess, you probably just weren’t following all the dialogue. Anyway, all of Re:Zero is a masterpiece, that’s my opinion.
Spicelit said:
Nah, Season 1 was better, but season 2 wasn’t essentially a step down from it. And no, Subaru’s character development is godlike no matter how far back you go.
How was it godlike?

Season 2 wasn’t a mess, you probably just weren’t following all the dialogue. Anyway, all of Re:Zero is a masterpiece, that’s my opinion.
Stilted animation and never ending flashbacks is pretty messy story telling to me.

Code Geass was good in general, but there were several illogical things in Season 2.

My friend has two sons and he started watching Code Geass with them now. He hasn't watched any other anime with them. That's a pretty good grade.
May 3, 2021 7:56 AM

Dec 2015
I feel like I'm not understanding what this episode made to make everyone so hyped. Maybe the whole playing the opening music and insert better than average animation sequence is more powerful to this community than I thought.

So far I'm not intensely invested because the episodes are asking for the viewer supend their disbelief even more not only about how A.I. and emotions dillema, but what those robots actually work, which makes most of their plot points and stakes fundamentaly lose credibility. Also, was it suposed to be a plot twist that the dude had lost the will to live? They literally teased his suicide on that entire scene. If anything, I was actually confused that they wouldn't have done it, but they ended up doing it at the last second.

I still have some hope this could improve and maybe create some high stake end arc, specially because WIT clearly cares on create good storytelling, rather than just stretch things and make them look pretty. But I feel like the writing is already all over the place in here.
May 3, 2021 8:23 AM

Apr 2020
Ever since this anime started I remembered Bioshock!
May 3, 2021 9:02 AM

Mar 2021
Damn, the moment I saw him pull out a gun I knew he was going to end up killing himself with it. Also does anyone feel the anti-AI terrorists are kinda dumb? At first they seemed competent, but there plans fail worse and worse each time. Also it's silly that one reoccurring terrorist still hates Vivy despite her saving him and his buddies multiple times in the past 20 years.
May 3, 2021 9:45 AM

Sep 2020
Hegar said:
Avvenirista said:
Vivy's starting to crack...

Because after Estella defied all the expectations about possible AI's behavior, the scientists building the island wanted an AI as symbolic and representative of goodwill as the purehearted Grace to run their out of this world experimental facility.
Yes, it's possible that she wasn't personally needed to manage the island and it's also plausible that another Sister could've handled the same job (well, I'm still not sure about that) but you know how humans are, right? It was obviously an unproductive choice but it wasn't meaningless.

But in that case ... it seems it wasn't common knowledge that Grace in her robot body was running the island, which makes the symbolism pretty meaningless.

And no matter how they justify it, there's no way a robot would be attached like that to run the island. A robot not meant to run the island, inserted to run it. If people like symbolism, and love this robot because it is pure hearted, why would they want to have it buried deep down in the machinery? It was just for the story, so she could be mercy killed. I enjoy the show but this was poor writing.

Even it wasn't known among the public (are you're sure about that?) it would be still known among the team that projected the island so the symbolism and yada yada wasn't lost on them.
And yes, she obviously wasn't originally meant to run the island but the scientists were able, supposedly for the first time, to change her life's mission (which is a very important point and may be expanded in later episodes) and so the island found its Mother Computer in Grace.
May 3, 2021 10:37 AM

Jul 2012
Hegar said:

>The doctor was going to copy Grace's conscience to the other robot, and then that would be Grace.
In the past, they tried it with Elizabeth and failed so I don't think this is an option. The copying is just the expectation of the professor, he doesn't know if it actually works (like the virus runs amok instead of shutting down the island). At that point, I think he was just desperate and wanted to try whatever he could.
>Love with a robot is weird
Grace is a robot but she also had the option to refuse his proposal. She accepted because it was him so it was mutual, coming from both sides. Vivy shows some emotions at the end so it would be possible for Grace to do the same given enough time. btw, he lacked motherhood and Grace was a perfect replacement. So I think the romance here is just fine.
>Why the autonomous island and Grace must be the core?
They don't explain much so here are my speculations.
After the Sunrise incident, they found out the AI had evolved so they wanted to test it. They built it on an island so if worse comes to worst, nobody will be harm. There were more AI supporters but it didn't mean everyone would support an autonomous island because who knew what could happen. For example, Elon is still cautious of AI growth even though he is using it for different projects.
And that was when they used Grace, a symbol of kindness that a lot of people had met and interacted with. Grace also showed some promising aspects after interacting with humans (somewhat similar to Estella) so she was the best option for the test.
May 3, 2021 10:43 AM
Apr 2017
thiago52192 said:
I feel like I'm not understanding what this episode made to make everyone so hyped. Maybe the whole playing the opening music and insert better than average animation sequence is more powerful to this community than I thought.

So far I'm not intensely invested because the episodes are asking for the viewer supend their disbelief even more not only about how A.I. and emotions dillema, but what those robots actually work, which makes most of their plot points and stakes fundamentaly lose credibility. Also, was it suposed to be a plot twist that the dude had lost the will to live? They literally teased his suicide on that entire scene. If anything, I was actually confused that they wouldn't have done it, but they ended up doing it at the last second.

I still have some hope this could improve and maybe create some high stake end arc, specially because WIT clearly cares on create good storytelling, rather than just stretch things and make them look pretty. But I feel like the writing is already all over the place in here.

Why people cannot see something for themselves? it's like people need to validate their opinions and get mad if they concesus is not the same as they think.

If they "teased" the dude doing it, why would be a " plot twist", you are contradicting yourself.

Why would they need to explain that? they are humanoid AI, I swear people are being extra nitpicky with this show... It's like asking how the terminator movies made robots.

The last scene was important for Viviy starting to see the contradiction on his two missions, not the dude killing himself, it can't be more obvious.
May 3, 2021 11:14 AM

Dec 2015
foxyahoo said:
thiago52192 said:

Why people cannot see something for themselves? it's like people need to validate their opinions and get mad if they concesus is not the same as they think.

If they "teased" the dude doing it, why would be a " plot twist", you are contradicting yourself.

Why would they need to explain that? they are humanoid AI, I swear people are being extra nitpicky with this show... It's like asking how the terminator movies mad robots.

The last scene was important for Viviy starting to see the contradiction on his two missions, not the dude killing himself, it can't be more obvious.

Why people cannot try to engage on discussions and understand each other? It's like people need to validate their opinions and get mad if one individual is not the same as the consensual opinion.

My whole point about the plot twist is exactly this contradiction. The show teased his death scene but tried to make it as something surprising. That idea was pretty straight forward on my comment. You're just desperately trying to find a contradiction.

Terminator movies are a good example on how to make A.I. because they're actually doing things based on their program. In fact, one of the main criticism of Terminator 3 was precisely when the machine was shown to try neglect his mission based on his "emotions", making the moment very cheesy. The main problem in here is simply that the characters in Vivy are not A.I. They're humans with some few traits of computers.

And I'll be nitpicky with anything people claim it's masterpiece. If people are saying something is on a certain quality, I must evaluate as if the show was trying to achieve this quality and not be just a decent watch.

It was pretty obvious what the last scene was meant to be, and it's actually a somewhat promising scenario. I won't deny the qualities about the show, like the soundtrack, the double personas of Vivy's character and the mysteries surround this A.I. apocalyptic future they're building. But I'll also not be a fanboy and claim the show is something that it's not.
May 3, 2021 12:32 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Oh yeah we got some ex-arm level cgi! What a win!

For real though this one kind of played with my emotions a bit

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 3, 2021 2:43 PM

Jun 2019
Vivy is AOTS and beyond so far imo, I have nothing to say this is just... everything I wanted it to be and more, thank you WIT, Tappei and staff, the remaining episode can't come soon enough !
May 3, 2021 2:53 PM

May 2011
Best episode so far. I really liked that entire riding sequence.It reminded me of Akumadrive.
''I was dead serious''

May 3, 2021 3:54 PM

Oct 2019
Yet another great episode, perhaps the best so far. By now I worry that Vivy's and Matsumoto's "Singularity Project" (what a suspicious name..) will ensure that the massacre of humans by robots will happen in the future no matter what they do (or precisely due to their actions), either at the same time or a decade or so earlier. Matsumoto keeps talking about the "official history" but it is more accurate to call it the "original timeline".

While this was not explicitly stated by our two leads we were shown (rather than told) a graph earlier where a new timeline was spawned from the original one and then the two timelines went along in parallel. The new timeline was generated either the moment Matsumoto traveled to the past or when he and Vivy completed their first mission. It is important to note that Matsumoto and Vivy can only save the humans of this new timeline they are currently part of.

The humans of the original timeline (which will always exist, apparently with no humans, in parallel to the new one) cannot be saved; the future events of that timeline will transpire exactly how Matsumoto's "official history" records they will; and Vivy and Matsumoto will not be able to jump into that timeline. They can only save the humans of this new timeline. The separate timeline plot device gets rid of a truckload of time and logic paradoxes; if Steins; Gate was a single timeline / world line story the show would have been an utter mess and nothing would have made sense.

Single timeline time travel stories can work, but only if they obey the Novikov self-consistency principle (meaning the past can never be changed; e.g. if you go back in time to kill Hitler/Jesus/Napoleon/Alexander the Great as a baby you end up becoming Hitler/Jesus/Napoleon/Alexander the Great yourself while realizing you were one of them all along, while killing your grandpa before having your father/mother is even nuttier : in this case your actual grandpa was always ... yourself!).
May 3, 2021 4:04 PM
Jul 2020
this anime is seriously the best one of this season.

this episode made me so emotional and I feel really sorry for professor Saeki.

I'm wondering what happened to diva at the end and I'm really looking forward to the next ep

May 3, 2021 5:08 PM
Aug 2015
I am calling to mayor events that will happen in the end of the show (is obviously pure speculation)

I believe that what we see in the first episode maybe is not the beginning of story, but the end of this season (when we learnede that it was skynet who sent matsumoto to the past to empowers the AIs)

There is also the possibility that the only way to save the future is to make Vivy the best AI of "Sister Program", so the others AIs must be sacrifice
May 3, 2021 6:35 PM

Jan 2020
Wow that opening remix and whole final action fight was absolutely incredible. Compared to the dialogue, the action is scarce but when it's present, it never disappoints and it always hits well. I really enjoyed this one

May 3, 2021 7:59 PM

Nov 2017
I knew he was going to end up shooting himself by the way he was talking...anyway Vivy finna go crazy or what
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
May 4, 2021 3:49 AM

Jun 2019
This episode took the show to a whole new level. The animation and story were both amazing, really sad at the end, poor Dr Saeki. He truly seemed in love with Grace and she seemed more than just an AI. She told him "i wouldn't marry just any human, it's only because it's you Tatsuya".

This episode looked so good, Vivy's eyes are so detailed!
May 4, 2021 4:27 AM
Nov 2018
CDSHT said:
Hegar said:

>The doctor was going to copy Grace's conscience to the other robot, and then that would be Grace.
In the past, they tried it with Elizabeth and failed so I don't think this is an option. The copying is just the expectation of the professor, he doesn't know if it actually works (like the virus runs amok instead of shutting down the island). At that point, I think he was just desperate and wanted to try whatever he could.
>Love with a robot is weird
Grace is a robot but she also had the option to refuse his proposal. She accepted because it was him so it was mutual, coming from both sides. Vivy shows some emotions at the end so it would be possible for Grace to do the same given enough time. btw, he lacked motherhood and Grace was a perfect replacement. So I think the romance here is just fine.
>Why the autonomous island and Grace must be the core?
They don't explain much so here are my speculations.
After the Sunrise incident, they found out the AI had evolved so they wanted to test it. They built it on an island so if worse comes to worst, nobody will be harm. There were more AI supporters but it didn't mean everyone would support an autonomous island because who knew what could happen. For example, Elon is still cautious of AI growth even though he is using it for different projects.
And that was when they used Grace, a symbol of kindness that a lot of people had met and interacted with. Grace also showed some promising aspects after interacting with humans (somewhat similar to Estella) so she was the best option for the test.

The doctor would know if he can copy a conscience or not. There is nothing here that says it couldn't be done; they would have shown if it was just his vain hope. Time has passed on, and he of all people should know whether you can do that with a robot.

It's not love, really, for the robot. I was thinking when Vivy and the cube left him on the beach in the earlier episode, whether his robot waifu would come stand next to him and lean against him. But she didn't. Because she doesn't have that need. But in any other show, when a couple says goodbye to people going on a dangerous mission, which they have a stake in, they would hold each other. She would stand close so he could put his arm around her. They didn't include that here because the show's writer is wise enough to show that these are machines.

Like Vivy not showing any polite gratitude when the robots on the island surprise her, she just walks out. No need to be polite, they and her are just machines.

>They don't explain much so here are my speculations.

Real explanation: The show's producers wanted a merciful killing scene. It still makes zero sense to put a robot there to run the island when it wasn't built for it. Instead of, you know, an AI actually built to run the island.

And again, it makes zero sense that people who loved Grace would bury her in machinery. No, it was bad writing to get to a dramatic point the writer had envisioned in advance. It's kind of like another show where the producers went, wouldn't it be cool if we had a dragon burn this city to the ground? It might be illogical but it would look good on screen. No point defending that with the weak in-story explanation. See the reason outside the show.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2021

202 by Excit »»
Yesterday, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

256 by Nextella »»
Apr 24, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

368 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.