Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok, good finish to everything. Vivy kinda just Disney Princess her way through to sing and save the world. Then gets rebooted or smth. Nice trim at the then tho.

Overall this was p good anime. I am glad I quickly went and watched this through. 8/10
Jun 19, 2021 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
Vivy is transported by Osamu back in time AGAIN, back to the end of Episode 10, while the same results repeat for itself, but with a new backup plan and objective: to carry out the Singularity Project, with ALL known facts made present to Elizabeth, Yui and the Toak remnants. All A.I. are linked to the Arayashiki Tower which houses the Archive's servers, and is a network that is awaiting its moment of destruction on humanity, seen in Episode 12.

With this new change of time sequence events, Vivy is firm on doing her way, Diva style, to complete her written song before the Archive could go berserk in an alternate timeline. There is no way out of this mess, and Vivy has her only one shot to do so in the alternate correct future.

Going back to Navi, Vivy's advisor in NiaLand, and even as it is to commit to her mission, Diva is willing to do so despite the consequences. It's not surprising that the girl Momoka who stood by Vivy's side as Diva in Episode 1 came back as a memento, and Vivy is ready to defy the conventions to change the world with her singing mission, while Elizabeth, the Toak soldiers and Matsumoto fend off the A.I.s.

With the full ED song (which is the title of this show) on display on the Main Stage, the A.I. extermination is brought to a close, until her last gasp of A.I. breath due to the A.I. shutdown program. Diva/Vivy's singing mission IS DONE, and the humans are saved.

A great reunion to Matsumoto and the new short hair Vivy/Diva reboot in a new age for a close.

WHAT A MASTERPIECE OF A SHOW, and I wouldn't have it any other way than of this perfect finale episode. Vivy/Diva's Seiyuu Atsumi Tanezaki really carried the show extraordinary well, as is Tappei Nagatsuki and Eiji Umehara with Wit Studio on all fronts.
KANLen09Jun 19, 2021 10:51 AM
Jun 19, 2021 8:03 AM

May 2011
Safe way to end the series but still very satisfying. Eyes tearing the entire time when Vivi was singing...
Jun 19, 2021 8:04 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I am happy this show overall stuck the landing, if it hadn't I would have lost faith in original anime for a while.
Jun 19, 2021 8:10 AM
May 2020
Great final episode , not the best for sure but still great tho :)

This series is a 8/10 imo , thanks Wit Studio , thank you Tappei ^_^
One Piece is bad, really
Jun 19, 2021 8:20 AM

Oct 2017
Another magnificent episode to end this series. Vivy went back in time to the begining of this madness and thankfully this time she managed to save the humans. Thou it came at the cost of Vivy and Matsumoto's death but well it's quite a fitting end to their 100 year long journey. They can finally rest in peace now or not? Was that post credit scene just an imagination/afterlife or was it legit? Guess it's upto us viewers to decide.

What a ride this was with Vivy and Matsumoto. Absolutely loved all episodes but still Vivy at it's peak was definitely episode 6. That final scene with Vivy, blood in both arms. Human blood in one and robot blood in another and the shocking look on Vivy's face, man I'm never gonna forget that scene.

Didn't think we'd get an even better original anime than WEP in the very next season. Props to WIT studio, Tappei, Umehara Eiji and all the other people involved for giving us such an amazing show.
MegamiRemJun 19, 2021 12:56 PM
Jun 19, 2021 9:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow reborn Vivy at the end with short hair! That was quite emotional for her final song and how they saved the situation, it was a bit predictable though... well I think it was a good show but it could have been better, even though I can't blame it since it's original, but if it was less rushed and more thorough it would have been great, the anime was just perfect though nothing to say about that, but I still think it's not the best original anime of this season
Jun 19, 2021 9:25 AM

Feb 2020
Very emotional but also a satisfying ending.

Overall, this was a very good show. I liked the story and characters.

SerafosMar 5, 5:51 AM
Jun 19, 2021 9:27 AM

Feb 2019
Superb finale! Wow, didn’t disappoint at all. So in the end, Vivy was finally able to sing her song. Could not be more proud of her. Her journey of self discovery was really nice to see. I was a bit worried about if they could stick the landing for the ending as that’s usually what trips up anime originals, but they did it perfectly. And we get a happy ending with Vivy reborn with short hair!

Anime was slept on for so long and finally started getting some momentum at the end with scores and praise. Love to see it. Can’t wait to check out the companion LN.
Jun 19, 2021 9:30 AM

Dec 2010
what grand finale, couldnt have asked for more

all them dead matsumotos
GoukenslayJun 19, 2021 9:33 AM
Jun 19, 2021 9:31 AM
Nov 2020
Really got Original Anime the ending was ok nothing Special 9/10 for sure
Jun 19, 2021 9:31 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
The show has a deeper message, and I will not enter into any discussion about it either. It was a good show, and I enjoyed it. Yes, there are some flaws, but they are passable.

Jun 19, 2021 9:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
At least this time Vivy was able to save that man from becoming roadkill. Though the cost of moving to rescue Yui first came at great cost. The split consensus of the AI's though was pretty interesting. The little talk that Yui had with shows just how much Vivy's actions over the course of the series have affected the beliefs of those around her. Navi's attempt to stop Vivy though sure was a hard one to overcome. The infusion of the memories into the song really served to enhance its effect. But using the song to pacify the rage really was quite the amazing move. In the end though the odds arrayed against them were staggering Vivy and Matsumoto really did their utmost to end the destructive song of the archive. Overall an excellent finale that really served to end the series with one hell of a performance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2021 9:37 AM

Feb 2020
The whole show was amazing until this episode, and this episode was a little weak, but still okay.
9/10 great show.
Jun 19, 2021 9:41 AM
Apr 2016
Pipe said:
The show has a deeper message, and I will not enter into any discussion about it either. It was a good show, and I enjoyed it. Yes, there are some flaws, but they are passable.
C'mon, you can't just say it has a deeper message and then not elaborate and explain it to us fools...
Jun 19, 2021 9:44 AM

Feb 2021
Now we finally know why it is called "Flourite eye's song"
Overall I loved this show 9/10, the first 4 episodes were really good too.
Jun 19, 2021 9:45 AM

Jun 2014
Vivy was finally able to sing her song, and their mission overall was a success. I thought Vivy was going to stay dead, but in the end she was reborn and can continue making people happy with her singing.

I had no clue what to expect from this show going in, especially with it being an original so it's not like I could reference any source material. But damn this exceeded the expectations I initially had by miles. I'm satisfied with this conclusion and the journey we all experienced.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 19, 2021 9:45 AM
Nov 2020
Pipe said:
It was deep but not that deep the message is from vivy to fight for his goals and what it means to sing with your heart great message but not that deep
Jun 19, 2021 9:46 AM

May 2021
Hands down to the best original anime of the spring season 2021.
8.5/10 wonderful show.
Jun 19, 2021 9:46 AM

Jun 2019
Matsumoto and Vivy went back as instructed to save another timeline. Matsumoto and Vivy have their mission to save humanity from extinction at the hands of AI. Vivy, on the other hand, was made to sing songs and make everyone happy. Crazy to think, such a simple AI did so much for humanity's sake

Vivy's final song was just as beautiful as her and the mission that she was carrying all along. She pours her heart into it, with all her memories and all the experiences she had all this time made her sing that beautiful song. Matsumoto managed to save the crash of satellites and the human has been saved for another day.

Great show and writing. Amazing animation from WIT and beautiful Vivy. I'm gonna miss you.
Jun 19, 2021 9:50 AM

Apr 2018
What an ending! This was one of the best animes from this season. Really loved the ending, glad that Vivy is still alive but los her memories. It was one hell of a ride. An emotional coaster indeed. Vivy's VA did a good job too, don't forget that. Animation, soundtrack, opening and characters were all above good imo. Really going to miss this show and espically Vivy..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 19, 2021 9:52 AM

Oct 2018
JanPri said:
Pipe said:
C'mon, you can't just say it has a deeper message and then not elaborate and explain it to us fools...

I know what he’s talking about, but I too have decided not to say anything other than the fact that I know

Jun 19, 2021 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
Stellar finale. I can only say this. If you wanna know my more feelings with this show, read my review. Definitely best original anime recently.
Jun 19, 2021 9:58 AM
Nov 2020
Zean_9435 said:
assassini981200 said:
It was deep but not that deep the message is from vivy to fight for his goals and what it means to sing with your heart great message but not that deep
No you are wrong it is more deep then the mariana trench
Hm ok then im to bad to think how deep it is maybe you can say me how deep it is :D
Jun 19, 2021 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
What a great ending. Vivy's final song was amazing and emotional.
Gladfully, Vivy and Matsumoto are still alive.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 19, 2021 10:01 AM

Aug 2020
Im really going to miss this show :( Probably the one of the best original anime out there. Im pretty satisfied with ending and that new cut tho.
So it looks like she got rebooted and put into some kind of AI museum like before. It also looks like from he ending scene there's no other AI other than Vivy and Matsumoto, which begs the question on whether human and AI will ever co-exist.
Im glad Vivy got to answer her long seeked question of "What does it mean to pour your heart into something?"
Overall 9/10

Jun 19, 2021 10:04 AM
Nov 2020
Zean_9435 said:
assassini981200 said:
Hm ok then im to bad to think how deep it is maybe you can say me how deep it is :D
The depth is around 6,969 km , very deep bro
Hm that doesnt help how deep it is if you cant explain it :D
Jun 19, 2021 10:05 AM
Apr 2020
Can someone explain to me why vivy passed out during singing her last song?
Jun 19, 2021 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
Not gonna lie.. i couldn't imagine another ending.. and this was most likely the only possible ending i could hope for.. and it was a damn great ending might as well add..
Also.. Vivy with hair cut :D
i will miss you a lot Vivy.. alot..
Jun 19, 2021 10:14 AM
May 2021
but someone there realized that there was no explanation, for the change of kakitani, he simply heard the voice of god is changed changed the attitude ??? as far as vivy's return was expected they saved Beth, so it was obvious that this would also happen with vivy, look I deserved an OVA to close some loose ends.
Jun 19, 2021 10:14 AM

May 2016
MegamiRem said:
What a ride this was with Vivy and Matsumoto. Never thought we'd get an even better original anime than WEP in the very next season. Props to WIT, Tappei and Umehara Eiji for giving us such an amazing show.
For real. Such a good watch
Jun 19, 2021 10:16 AM

May 2016
I started bawling when Vivy went lifeless :(
Jun 19, 2021 10:17 AM

Aug 2010
Wow. What an ending. I love how they tied Vivy’s promise to Momoka to sing on the main stage with her performance to stop an AI murder rampage. It’s just so fitting. Of course, we’ve already seen Diva sing in the same place but this was so much more meaningful than episode 7’s opening credits. Having Matsumoto bodycheck an incoming satellite was just icing on the cake.

Well done to WITS and Teppei for smashing this out of the park. Bravo.
Jun 19, 2021 10:18 AM
Apr 2019
Damn. Just damn.

Although it was not all too unpredictable how this episode would turn out, it's still a personal 10/10.

GJ WIT
Jun 19, 2021 10:20 AM
May 2021
Satisfying ending, though I would've liked to see a bit more struggle/realizations before she could start singing again. It was quite easy for her all things considered, seeing how she couldn't at all before.
Jun 19, 2021 10:23 AM

Nov 2020
This is now one of my favourite animes. Great season, great anime, great ending. Surely a 10/10 from me.
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Jun 19, 2021 10:24 AM
Jan 2021
Although I had my problems with it, especially leading up to the finale, the finale itself was very good. I really really really liked the last performance, and this episode in general, it was very straightforward and emotionally potent, gave me the feels. It certainly had its ups and downs but I don't regret watching it at all.
Oct 2020
9/10 at the very least. Anime originals are demolishing the competition out there. Wow. Vivy saved humanity and managed to gain a sense of her own in the end. Such a beautiful anime. Thank you WIT Studio and Tappei! Wonder Egg Priority (and upcoming 1 hour special finale), Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song and Sonny Boy (hopefully smashes it out of the park) are giving manga adaptations a running for their money.
Jul 2020
Why and how do you give this any less than a 9?
I really don't understand some people
Jun 19, 2021 10:25 AM

Mar 2010
I enjoyed the episode, but I feel like this episode could and should have been made into two episodes. It felt kind of rushed(?) and everything went by so fast and felt a little too convenient. We also didn't get to see more of what happened to Kakitani (the grandfather) and why/how he saw the "revelations from heaven".

That said, the show is overall 9/10 for me!

Kaizaki_ said:
Can someone explain to me why vivy passed out during singing her last song?

The shutdown programme probably included her since she's connected to the archive.
RythmeJun 19, 2021 10:29 AM

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Jun 19, 2021 10:29 AM

Jun 2019
One of my favorites this season. I'll rewatch the Blu-ray version for sure.
Jun 19, 2021 10:31 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty nice, I thought that from the start, Vivy and Matsumoto would die protecting Earth, but I guess this end is also good too. But I wonder what had become of Dr. Matsumoto in this timeline, since he wouldn't have needed to send Vivy to the past last minute with the AI surrounding him, therefore him dying in the process.

Good anime, superb visuals from WIT, and I enjoyed the music and its connections with the story.
Jun 19, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2018
That was a near perfect ending. I'm glad they didn't go the dark ending route implied by the last episode just for the sake of it. This makes me hopeful for Re:ZERO's ending which is a long ways off.
Jun 19, 2021 10:33 AM
Apr 2018
Minority here- I found it started off strong, but just got weaker as it went on. Found last episode to be predictable and cliche. I thought let me guess... she shuts down at the end.. and wakes up with no memory trope. Ah not disappointed rofl.

Decent show 7/10.
Jun 19, 2021 10:33 AM
Apr 2018
Minority here- I found it started off strong, but just got weaker as it went on. Found last episode to be predictable and cliche. I thought let me guess... she shuts down at the end.. and wakes up with no memory trope. Ah not disappointed rofl.

Decent show 7/10.
Jun 19, 2021 10:35 AM
Jan 2021
I will miss Vivy!

I loved the Final episode, one last time to hear Vivy in her final moments. I want to hear her voice again! Thank you for the journey!
Jun 19, 2021 10:38 AM

May 2016
what is the LN? it can't be the same thing about time traveling
Jun 19, 2021 10:45 AM

Jan 2009
great song by Vivy and a happy ending too since both her and Matsumoto are still alive

Matsumoto should have a backup data of all the memories of Vivy though since ye The Archive shutdown for good so Vivys original memories are now lost along with The Archive

we never know what Fluorites Eye means though but quick google and its a gem

so to sing along with her memories is the answer of Vivy to how she will pour her heart into something
degJun 19, 2021 11:22 AM
Jun 19, 2021 10:45 AM
Jul 2020
HyperdriveYT said:

Decent show 7/10.

Ok look, i'm not going to try and argue here, but it's obvious. cause you know she an Android. You can always remake them. I honestly thought they were going to give her her memory and everything, you know, extracting the memo from the destroyed AI and putting it in a new one. The only other scenario I could imagine is like destruction of world as we know it, so nobody would be able to reconstruct her.
So it just makes sense to me ending it like this.
Jun 19, 2021 10:47 AM

Apr 2016
Before starting this anime i fad 0 expectations, because Tappei latest original anime was very but, but Vivy was pretty good.
Final score 7/10

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

257 by Nextella »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

295 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.