Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 1, 2021 4:29 PM
Nov 2018
There is something illogical here: The doctor was going to copy Grace's conscience to the other robot, and then that would be Grace.

Then why couldn't they just do that to run the island? Why did they need Grace and her robot body, when they could just copy her mind and it would be the same thing?

(Aside from the absurdity in needing that one AI to run the island, of course. Or the absurdity in "marrying" a machine that will stay the same way while the man grows older, a machine that can never have children, a machine that will only like the same TV shows and hobbies that you do if it is programmed to do so. A machine that will only enjoy the "husband's" touch if people programmed it to act that way. But I digress.)

It is nice that they go a bit back and forth with the AIs and their nature, robot vs "alive". Vivy gasps in despair in the end. (A biological reaction that comes from overwhelmed organs she doesn't have.) Before that, she talks with Teddy Bear Lelouch through their internal radio, which is not human. And we see Grace in the past describing her comforting actions as a program. (And still he falls in love with her? Otakus....)

A show like this should go back and forth between human vs. machine for the AIs, to keep the audience discussing their nature.

Also nice that they have the Toak guy show up time and again. A human factor in Vivy's decades-long quest. I wonder if we will see him as an old man, and if another human will take over after that.
May 1, 2021 4:31 PM

Jan 2014
Such a deep episode, and that ending mmmmmm. I do fear that with what was talked about within today's ep, that something is gonna happen with Vivy by the end of this series. I really feel something fucked up is gonna happen, and I dunno if my heart can take it.
May 1, 2021 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
My god that animation is great, the struggles of vivy were very emotional.
May 1, 2021 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Rose_Player said:
It's getting worse every episode. wtf is this show lol
Did you know that the numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 exist, because it does not seem like it?
May 1, 2021 5:34 PM

Sep 2020
Vivy's starting to crack...
Hegar said:
Then why couldn't they just do that to run the island? Why did they need Grace and her robot body, when they could just copy her mind and it would be the same thing

Because after Estella defied all the expectations about possible AI's behavior, the scientists building the island wanted an AI as symbolic and representative of goodwill as the purehearted Grace to run their out of this world experimental facility.
Yes, it's possible that she wasn't personally needed to manage the island and it's also plausible that another Sister could've handled the same job (well, I'm still not sure about that) but you know how humans are, right? It was obviously an unproductive choice but it wasn't meaningless.
May 1, 2021 5:39 PM

Dec 2016
Really enjoying this series
May 1, 2021 5:46 PM
Dec 2015
Wow this movie animation, the soundtrack and the history!!!!!

Vivy is the best anime of the season for sure!
May 1, 2021 5:46 PM

Jul 2015
Saeki's blood in one hand, Grace's in the other, the AI supposed to bring happiness to everyone ruined the future of both with her actions, absolutely heartbreaking finale to an already outstanding episode, this show keeps amazing me.
May 1, 2021 5:54 PM

May 2020
Just Perfection. Insane how good it is.
May 1, 2021 6:21 PM
Feb 2017
I thought Diva had been infected with a virus in episode 3, when the AI Diva indicator turned red for a few seconds, I thought it was just a coincidence. but in the final scene of this episode to make it clear, I speculate that in the future AI will still fight humans with different triggers. and that trigger I think is Diva
May 1, 2021 6:26 PM
Jan 2021
This episode made me feel more emotions than all of to your eternity so far😂
May 1, 2021 6:33 PM
Dec 2020
What an episode! Lots to unpack, but the overarching theme for me was...

AI is NOT like us. It's been stated before that humans are not ready to integrate with the AI, but this this episode hammered it to a point. It's because we as humans do not understand how AIs think.

The doctor saw the song as a cry for help, but he was only projecting his own feelings. Grace he knew and loved was long gone. The song was not a method of communicating with humans, but a data stream meant for AI. That realization would be enough to push anyone to a breaking point.

And now Vivy is at a breaking point too. The song she wrote brought to a human not a smile but a desire to die. The one thing she knew she could hold on to through everything - her mission, has been shattered in an instant. How is she going to come out of this?

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Too much to process.
May 1, 2021 6:34 PM

Apr 2015
What an episode. Already predicted that Grace and Saeki wouldn't get a happy ending, I did not expect the way it turned out. Not only was the real Grace beyond saving, the Grace standing next to him was a copy. Vivy absolutely destroyed her in one hit to the face. Impressive.

The whole flight sequence on a transformed Matsumoto wasn't the best stuff this show had shown us so far, but the moment Vivy stabbed the core of the island, the real Grace was pretty good again.

The final scenes were really grim, when Saeki was standing at the altar, I already had a feeling that he was not going to walk away from there. The moment turns around and walks away, he shoots himself. The scene of Vivy having blue "blood" on her right hand and Saeki's blood on her left, left a really big impact. I wonder what was going through that AI program when she saw her hands covered in 2 types of blood, seemed to me she was pretty much freaking out.

Also all these face close ups again, WHY THEY SO DROPDEAD GORGEOUS!
May 1, 2021 6:58 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Heartbreaking ending to this arc. Grace was destroyed, then Saeki shoots himself. In the end, Vivy could neither save both of them. How can she still continue to bring happiness to people? This episode brought a tear to my eye...

I was truly in awe with the animation during the flight sequence, and all the face close up shots of Vivy are always absolutely beautiful. Loving the details every single time I see those close up faces.

Maybe the next arc will also be just as sad. :(
May 1, 2021 7:08 PM

Jul 2011
Was an okay plan from the doctor, but dumb saying that would fight thousands of robots. I want that self-confidence

Now the terrorist will become friend.

But still strange need to refurbish Grace than build a new one specially for the mission.

The suicide was for the best.

Hopefully next episode will have an Ai to overpower Vivy.
May 1, 2021 7:40 PM
Dec 2007
They absolutely brought it this episode. The AOTS gap is widening....
May 1, 2021 7:41 PM

Mar 2012
Every episode makes it more and more obvious that Vivy is being played and is actually the one causing the inevitable disaster.

Almost as if her AI buddy is literally working for the AIs. Really makes you think
May 1, 2021 8:16 PM

Dec 2020
someone mind explaining what Metal Float is all about? and why Grace is turning into a bad/harmful AI for humans?

and wtf the anti-AI group was doing on the island?
May 1, 2021 8:22 PM
Dec 2008
MothQAQ said:
Rose_Player said:
Did you know that the numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 exist, because it does not seem like it?
My take is people like that don't have the mental capacity to vote scores outside of black and white. Sadly there are always people like that. I think it would be cool to see a MAL staff vote alongside the member vote.

Realistically a score of 1 should only be used when you actively hate every aspect of a show (music, animation, art, plot, and characters), and at that point may as well just drop it. No point wasting your time. I don't understand people who hate-watch shows.

Also on a more positive note, this anime really delivers! I love seeing how Vivy has developed as a character. I have to wonder with the one terrorist helping Vivy this week if he may have finally had a change of heart or will we see him being a nuisance again?

Is there another new sister next week?
May 1, 2021 8:35 PM

Jan 2011
fuck this really is making me feel like Neir all over again keep feeling bad for the robots ,that ending was Cruel to VIVY and is also challenging her very own mission
May 1, 2021 8:37 PM

Jan 2021
If Re:Zero didn’t air this year, Vivy would be anime of the year easy. This episode left me in shock with how, godlike, depressing, and beautiful this show is.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

May 1, 2021 8:46 PM

Sep 2020
The best episode so far.
Omg, I love you Japan.

One thing I love about anime is these action scenes with insert songs.
Really loved this episode.

RIP my spine.
May 1, 2021 8:47 PM

Sep 2020
Spicelit said:
If Re:Zero didn’t air this year, Vivy would be anime of the year easy. This episode left me in shock with how, godlike, depressing, and beautiful this show is.
Don't get me wrong I love re zero
infact it is one of my favourite isekai but This is better that re zero S2 P2 , and AOT S4 P1 will be anime of the year
May 1, 2021 8:49 PM
Dec 2007
Spicelit said:
The most recent season of Re:Zero wasn't that good; if anything it was a confusing mess. Animation, story telling, music, none of it was as good as what were getting in Vivy.
May 1, 2021 9:03 PM

Jul 2012
The best episode so far.
But still, having an ultra-realistic(?) scene of Vivy face every single time is a little bit too much.

Will_do_it_later said:
someone mind explaining what Metal Float is all about? and why Grace is turning into a bad/harmful AI for humans?

and wtf the anti-AI group was doing on the island?

Metal Float can be said to be an AI factory producing AI and replacement parts.
Grace became harmful because she tried to fulfil her new mission which was protecting Metal Float (from the virus).
There was no mention of why the anti-AI was there but I guess they just wanted to destroy the island because you know, it's a giant AI island which accelerates AI growth.

May 1, 2021 9:08 PM

Dec 2020
CDSHT said:

Grace became harmful because she tried to fulfil her new mission which was protecting Metal Float (from the virus).

what virus though?
May 1, 2021 9:10 PM

May 2020
Zean_9435 said:
Spicelit said:
infact it is one of my favourite isekai but This is better that re zero S2 P2 , and AOT S4 P1 will be anime of the year

I personally prefer Re:Zero by far, it is my favorite anime of all time so S2P2 is already AOTY for me, but still Vivy is also really good so far, to be expected since both were written by Tappei Nagatsuki the goat, I wouldn't say Vivy is better in the story and character department because Re:Zero is still his main work and his masterpiece but that's just my opinion.
GilgameshuuMay 1, 2021 9:14 PM
May 1, 2021 9:12 PM
Oct 2007
It's an understatement that I'm a s*cker for this this kind of show/episode. Still no weak episode so far. All 6 are binge worthy!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2021 9:18 PM

Jan 2021
GGcc78 said:
Spicelit said:
The most recent season of Re:Zero wasn't that good; if anything it was a confusing mess. Animation, story telling, music, none of it was as good as what were getting in Vivy.
It was just not confusing at all, I don’t know what you are talking about. Of course animation is going to be better because WitStudio is animating this. I’ll admit that Re:Zero’s arc 4 dragged a little, but it was all for the better. Yes the music is better, but that’s because this is an over-the-top, dramatic, sci-fi idol anime, so of course it’s going to be like that. Re:Zero has better characters, world building, drama, and is a better overall psychological anime.

May 1, 2021 9:21 PM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far! Everything is ultimately fantastic!! I cried many times...
OP song name expressed whole story and characters. "There's not a thing I don't cherish" - Cloud Strife
May 1, 2021 9:26 PM
Dec 2007
Spicelit said:
GGcc78 said:
It was just not confusing at all, I don’t know what you are talking about. Of course animation is going to be better because WitStudio is animating this. I’ll admit that Re:Zero’s arc 4 dragged a little, but it was all for the better. Yes the music is better, but that’s because this is an over-the-top, dramatic, sci-fi idol anime, so of course it’s going to be like that. Re:Zero has better characters, world building, drama, and is a better overall psychological anime.
ReZero as a whole maybe . The adaptation that led to ReZero season 2 Part 2, no. It was a mess and a drop in quality from prior seasons.

I would even argue that Tappei is doing a better job with character development for Vivy in these first six episodes than he did for Subaru in the first two novels of Re:Zero.
GGcc78May 1, 2021 9:31 PM
May 1, 2021 9:47 PM
Jan 2021
It's was amazing. And vivy getting better episode by episode. I love this show.
Spoiler🚨
This show is full of action but it's also emotional. That what I love about this show, they covering every side. And ep 6 last scene
Man my heart stopped for a sec when he shoot himself (I feel bad for Ai and him)
May 1, 2021 9:57 PM

Sep 2020
Gilgameshuu said:
Zean_9435 said:

I personally prefer Re:Zero by far, it is my favorite anime of all time so S2P2 is already AOTY for me, but still Vivy is also really good so far, to be expected since both were written by Tappei Nagatsuki the goat, I wouldn't say Vivy is better in the story and character department because Re:Zero is still his main work and his masterpiece but that's just my opinion.
I personally prefer season 2 part 1 it heavily focus on subaru and it has more thrilling and suspance moment, one the other part 2 was very boring with all that flashback and subaru was out of the picture for majority of time no deaths nothing,

And I think vivy is better in term of maintaining consistency throughout the story it doesn't make you feel bored and vivy's animation is one another level comparing to re zero which have very low quality animation especially in season 2,
Vivy have amazing action sequences and music too
May 1, 2021 9:59 PM

May 2020
GGcc78 said:
Spicelit said:
ReZero as a whole maybe . The adaptation that led to ReZero season 2 Part 2, no. It was a mess and a drop in quality from prior seasons.

I would even argue that Tappei is doing a better job with character development for Vivy in these first six episodes than he did for Subaru in the first two novels of Re:Zero.

Now that's a bit much imo, Re:Zero is still Tappei's finest and more polished work personally, just because you get things faster doesn't mean it's good conversely just because things go slowly doesn't mean it's bad. He just spent more time in building the world and the other characters, he can't solely focus on Subaru alone as oppose to Vivy where she takes the center stage of the series and there's not much other characters to build up on also it's an original with a limited episode count, so they have to cut the less important things and focus solely on important key moments especially with Vivy's 100-year plot and while that may be good and make things more consistent I also like slower episodes that are there to give extra characterization and worldbuilding, also about your claim about development, I don't think we've seen any development with Vivy on par with the most iconic moment of Volume 2, that is Subaru's cliffjump.
GilgameshuuMay 1, 2021 10:03 PM
May 1, 2021 10:09 PM

Aug 2016
Rose_Player said:

It's getting to make me feel worse, because this anime original shocked me alot. I have never seen any anime original this so good. This is like Yoko Taro levels of storytelling while the music and animation is breathtaking. This anime left me in a worse state (depressed), and imo if the anime ends really well, we can call this a masterpiece.
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ 🆃🆁🅰🅿🆂 🅰🆁🅴🅽"🆃 🅶🅰🆈 🅻🅾🅻 ♥
May 1, 2021 10:13 PM
Dec 2007
Gilgameshuu said:
GGcc78 said:

Now that's a bit much imo, Re:Zero is still Tappei's finest and more polished work personally, just because you get things faster doesn't mean it's good conversely just because things go slowly doesn't mean it's bad. He just spent more time in building the world and the other characters, he can't solely focus on Subaru alone as oppose to Vivy where she takes the center stage of the series and there's not much other characters to build up on also it's an original with a limited episode count, so they have to cut the less important things and focus solely on important key moments especially with Vivy's 100-year plot and while that may be good and make things more consistent I also like slower episodes that are there to give extra characterization and worldbuilding, also about your claim about development, I don't think we've seen any development with Vivy on par with the most iconic moment of Volume 2, that is Subaru's cliffjump.
Gilgameshuu said:
GGcc78 said:

I suppose it's a case of different strokes for different folks. I wasn't all that impressed with Subaru's cliff jump and would rate Viv'ys attempt to save her friend at the end of episode 2 but failing, her actions at the end of the sunrise arc, and more importantly the ending to episode 6 as more impressive instances of story telling and character development than the cliff jump.

May 1, 2021 10:16 PM

Jul 2012
Will_do_it_later said:
CDSHT said:

what virus though?

Remember the red thing Vivy injected to shut down Metal Float? The one the scientist gave her, maybe virus is not the correct term but for me, it is xD.
May 1, 2021 10:18 PM

Jan 2021
GGcc78 said:
Spicelit said:

Nah, Season 1 was better, but season 2 wasn’t essentially a step down from it. And no, Subaru’s character development is godlike no matter how far back you go. Season 2 wasn’t a mess, you probably just weren’t following all the dialogue. Anyway, all of Re:Zero is a masterpiece, that’s my opinion.

May 1, 2021 10:23 PM

Jan 2020
What the actual hell did i just watch? It literally hit deep, my god this episode shows lots of emotions. With every episode it gets even better.
May 1, 2021 10:24 PM
Dec 2007
Spicelit said:
GGcc78 said:

Nah, Season 1 was better, but season 2 wasn’t essentially a step down from it. And no, Subaru’s character development is godlike no matter how far back you go. Season 2 wasn’t a mess, you probably just weren’t following all the dialogue. Anyway, all of Re:Zero is a masterpiece, that’s my opinion.
Spicelit said:
GGcc78 said:

Nah, Season 1 was better, but season 2 wasn’t essentially a step down from it. And no, Subaru’s character development is godlike no matter how far back you go.
How was it godlike?

Season 2 wasn’t a mess, you probably just weren’t following all the dialogue. Anyway, all of Re:Zero is a masterpiece, that’s my opinion.
Stilted animation and never ending flashbacks is pretty messy story telling to me.
May 1, 2021 10:26 PM
Oct 2020
Some of the comments here make me lose my brain cells.
May 1, 2021 10:47 PM

Mar 2013
Dayum that was great
When the OP song played within the episode it was glorious. Also they snapped on that animation this episode
Surprised the guy killed himself at the end there.
May 1, 2021 10:50 PM

Sep 2020
Rose_Player said:
wtf with you lol, want to gain some attention here or what ?
May 1, 2021 10:59 PM

Feb 2014
Is it the right thing to do even if it means someone somewhere will be wronged by it? A question you should always ask yourself before taking any action. What's right for you doesn't mean it will sit right with others. That's why people build their own worlds to make it come true. But if everyone starts doing that the current world would not have anything left.
Vivy came to a realization after the saddening end of this episode. Next we're going the amnesia route I guess.
The way this show is progressing really feels like its gonna end one of a kind masterpiece.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 1, 2021 11:13 PM

Dec 2020
that was in fucking sane. so ai mission's can be re-written? thats pretty scary. an ai could be an angelic nurse at first then turn into a battle machine after getting a new mission. animation is great as always, the scene where matsumoto was building a bike for vivy to ride in was great. and this scene, "im not diva. im vivy, vivy is an ai who will destroy other ai's to change the destructive future" is my favorite scene from this whole series so far. that last part with her having ai blood in one hand and human blood in the other was great too
May 1, 2021 11:14 PM
Jan 2019
Yo... this was really good. From some insane action, OP blasting in my ears for half the episode and some unexpected feelings at the end of the epsidoe. Good 9.5/10 epsidoe for me, best episode yet I think.
May 1, 2021 11:18 PM

Jan 2021
GGcc78 said:
Spicelit said:
Spicelit said:
Nah, Season 1 was better, but season 2 wasn’t essentially a step down from it. And no, Subaru’s character development is godlike no matter how far back you go.
How was it godlike?

Season 2 wasn’t a mess, you probably just weren’t following all the dialogue. Anyway, all of Re:Zero is a masterpiece, that’s my opinion.
Stilted animation and never ending flashbacks is pretty messy story telling to me.
You just don’t get it do you? He goes from being a complete loser to becoming Emilia’s knight and one of the most respected people there. He does so by suffering a shit ton (like Vivy but more fleshed out so therefore it’s better) and repeating the same events over and over again; grinding out this seemingly endless struggle. When he grows a pair, he’s able to do amazing things (like in season 2 when he makes a contract with Beatrice) unlike most of us. It shows how great of a person he actually is and how he could’ve been in his previous life. Like I said, it’s my opinion.

May 1, 2021 11:37 PM

Apr 2015
My Waifu is gone, and I'm gonna be gone. :lol
-Tatsuya

I bet vivy is going to make the worst timeline thanks to that doll/cube.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
May 1, 2021 11:40 PM
Jan 2021
Rose_Player said:
It helps if you turn on your monitor and put on your headset while watching.
May 1, 2021 11:43 PM

Dec 2020
Is odd the scientists didn't re-produce Sisters and have to appoint Grace specifically for the role. Since lacking info of where Estella was produced from. Even so Grace replica could have the duplicated AI experience, but whoever organization took Grace didn't even do any data backup. Vivy also killed Grace directly without thinking to severe the unit first hand my mind went WHAT.. but she is not there to save any AI.

The scene Matsumoto convert to hovercraft is cool and farewell to 205. Not sure how to think about the whole island was part of Grace explanation but I kind of had weak feeling Doc would go out like that, seen it in movies but didn't think he actually did it. Entire episode gone by so fast this time. Oh that Toak agent, gonna see him again soon lol
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2021

202 by Excit »»
May 13, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

256 by Nextella »»
Apr 24, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

368 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.