Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 1, 2021 11:52 PM

Mar 2019
I haven't been completely speechless after watching anime since watching Heavens Feel III in theatres in November.

I had 86 as anime of the season earlier today but it's got to be Vivy now. Not enough people are watching this, which is a huge shame.
May 2, 2021 12:07 AM
Apr 2017
N2N said:
Is odd the scientists didn't re-produce Sisters and have to appoint Grace specifically for the role. Since lacking info of where Estella was produced from. Even so Grace replica could have the duplicated AI experience, but whoever organization took Grace didn't even do any data backup. Vivy also killed Grace directly without thinking to severe the unit first hand my mind went WHAT.. but she is not there to save any AI.

The scene Matsumoto convert to hovercraft is cool and farewell to 205. Not sure how to think about the whole island was part of Grace explanation but I kind of had weak feeling Doc would go out like that, seen it in movies but didn't think he actually did it. Entire episode gone by so fast this time. Oh that Toak agent, gonna see him again soon lol

There are a lot of sisters, Grace just happened to be the most qualified.

Elizabeth was supossed to be a failure...So Estella's experiments are not helping the point.

They have a whole talk that Grace cannot be saved and the robots were after them, what was the point of trying other options?
May 2, 2021 12:34 AM
Feb 2021
minfairys said:
Rose_Player said:
It's getting worst every episode. wtf is this show lol

maybe drop it then? i don't see how it getting worse. it just getting better.but if you don't like it, i don't get why you haven't dropped it

Either this user is watching the wrong anime or they're trolling because they're not liking the dark stuff happening in this series. Might as well they drop this quietly and go watch their light-hearted slice-of-life series.
May 2, 2021 12:37 AM

Feb 2008
One shot that was a brilliant piece of art, pretty good action scenes, not too bad story, and a bit of heavy handed symbolism. Similar vibe to episode 4 for me. On to the next segment!....
May 2, 2021 12:39 AM
Feb 2021
foxyahoo said:
N2N said:
Is odd the scientists didn't re-produce Sisters and have to appoint Grace specifically for the role. Since lacking info of where Estella was produced from. Even so Grace replica could have the duplicated AI experience, but whoever organization took Grace didn't even do any data backup. Vivy also killed Grace directly without thinking to severe the unit first hand my mind went WHAT.. but she is not there to save any AI.

The scene Matsumoto convert to hovercraft is cool and farewell to 205. Not sure how to think about the whole island was part of Grace explanation but I kind of had weak feeling Doc would go out like that, seen it in movies but didn't think he actually did it. Entire episode gone by so fast this time. Oh that Toak agent, gonna see him again soon lol

There are a lot of sisters, Grace just happened to be the most qualified.

Elizabeth was supossed to be a failure...So Estella's experiments are not helping the point.

They have a whole talk that Grace cannot be saved and the robots were after them, what was the point of trying other options?

What was the reason Elizabeth was discarded? Was it because she can't have the same personality as Estella? Because there's so much exposition dump of important info that I'm trying to piece together on what will happen. Nevertheless, every episode is a wild ride and I don't see any signs of slowing down.

Yet it's a series that hits me with all kinds of emotions, and I'm loving every second of it. The ending for this episode makes a lasting impact in my mind.
May 2, 2021 12:40 AM

Nov 2020
damn wtf was that he shot himself.
also that blue and red blood

May 2, 2021 12:41 AM

Dec 2020
foxyahoo said:

Thanks, that explain why Grace was selected and no data duplication is used.

And I wasn't complaining, could've worded better, I was reminded that Vivy's purpose was not there to save any AI.
May 2, 2021 12:44 AM
Feb 2021
N2N said:

That Toak leader might be in his early 60s if the time skip is 30 years later.

Some speculate he's the professor who sent Cube AI back in time but judging that professor who's in his early 60s, it can't be possibly him unless he went into cryogenic sleep (for medical reasons).

Yeah, we really need answers on the professor from the future was part of Vivy's past encounter of that doomed timeline. Hopefully the identity reveal makes sense.
May 2, 2021 12:57 AM
Mar 2021
CDSHT said:
The best episode so far.
But still, having an ultra-realistic(?) scene of Vivy face every single time is a little bit too much.

Will_do_it_later said:
someone mind explaining what Metal Float is all about? and why Grace is turning into a bad/harmful AI for humans?

and wtf the anti-AI group was doing on the island?

Metal Float can be said to be an AI factory producing AI and replacement parts.
Grace became harmful because she tried to fulfil her new mission which was protecting Metal Float (from the virus).
There was no mention of why the anti-AI was there but I guess they just wanted to destroy the island because you know, it's a giant AI island which accelerates AI growth.

Other animes would love to have those face drawings that you are getting here. Those are not easy to make so I will never understand why people would complain about something like that...
KIERO360May 2, 2021 1:30 AM
May 2, 2021 1:10 AM

Oct 2017
This was messed up damn it, not Grace nor Saeki deserved it. They were torn apart forcefully and it ended in a tragedy. Also that last scene broke me, blue blood in one hand which came from Grace and red blood in the other which came from Saeki :)

Vivy's character is becoming more and more beautiful with each episode. Also Matsumoto keeps evolving and is getting new features. The action scene was dope in this episode.
May 2, 2021 1:32 AM
Jan 2021
the episode moved me unbelievably!!!
May 2, 2021 1:35 AM
Apr 2020
Fuck this episode is a freakin masterpiece. Playing the beautiful song like that in an exact moment that Grace will mmet her fate.. Too much emotions and tears man.. 5/5 for this. If this will not be AOTS in some of the official anime voting pages in FB, I'm gonna kill myself.
May 2, 2021 1:37 AM
Oct 2010
If Portal taught me anything, it's that a cube without hearts on the side is not your friend and should never be trusted. Especially when it looks like a knock-off Wheatley/personality core. Matsumoto still sus af.

Pretty brutal episode. The moment where they showed a completely different view of her eyes after she declared her identity as Vivy was chilling and sad at the same time. Not sure her personality is going to survive that shot at the end though, it may have caused a temporary regression or breakdown.
May 2, 2021 1:59 AM
Jun 2020
An absolute amazing rollercoaster of an episode, I was not expecting a suicide at the end of this episode.
I wonder how Vivy has changed from this in the upcoming episodes.
May 2, 2021 2:15 AM

May 2011
Wonderful episode. Was kinda joking midway that Saeki would commit suicide cause his wife died, but when it really happened *chef's kiss*. On another note Vivy's personality is slowly changing after every episode that I wouldn't find it weird if she somehow turns to the dark side especially after what happened now.
May 2, 2021 2:20 AM

Aug 2019
hmm after this episode I might have to bump the score from a 7 to 8, I’ll hold off until the finale for now though but that was a really good episode honestly
May 2, 2021 2:39 AM
Jul 2020
Mind is totally blown...

this show leaves a bad taste in my mouth

but it is so good
May 2, 2021 2:39 AM

Oct 2008
Vivy is really a different maybe transcendent AI, since after the doctor commit suicide, she exhibit emotions of withdrawal symptoms like...of those humans wherein they could not take it anymore and gets nuts!
5/5.

May 2, 2021 3:21 AM

May 2019
Honestly, I can't believe I didn't watch this until I saw a post saying how good it was and gave it a shot.
It's really great thus far, is Matsumoto really in it for the good?
But it's great visually and I love the emotions it's invoking with every episode, if this keeps up it'll get a great rating.
May 2, 2021 3:59 AM

Jun 2015
That was quite a strong episode. I can see that this is going to be the turning point for Vivy for finally accepting her "second" mission. I don't know how far I could take the "One AI only has one mission" idea now. I also haven't had clear enough idea of Grace having more than one mission since she became the core of Metal Float and how it affects her judgement.

Now, the exact thing is happening to Vivy. On one hand, her "Diva" side wants to make people happy through her songs. On the other, her "Vivy" side wants to prevent the AI dystopia by becoming the AI-killing AI. I may need to rewatch the episode to grasp the multiple mission idea.
May 2, 2021 3:59 AM

Sep 2012
Phil_Call said:
Rose_Player said:
It's getting worse every episode. wtf is this show lol

It's getting to make me feel worse, because this anime original shocked me alot. I have never seen any anime original this so good. This is like Yoko Taro levels of storytelling while the music and animation is breathtaking. This anime left me in a worse state (depressed), and imo if the anime ends really well, we can call this a masterpiece.

Doesn't this anime remind you of Nier (automata) with some if its tracks?
I get so many vibes from Nier while watching this.
The song in question being this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu3nRsnDfe4&list=PLqGysMwLcMoMJptPQrdfDaf41VfD703Ek&index=32
Goen_sh7May 2, 2021 4:07 AM
May 2, 2021 4:09 AM

Oct 2007
was simply blown away by this episode

the fight sequence to get to the core as Vivy flies with Matsumoto.. simply amazing.

M-205 nearly got her with the self detruct..

sad that Grace had to be destroyed, but it had to be done..

Saeki cannot accept the death of his waifu, commit suicide.

Vivy now has blood of human and ai on her hands.

looking forward to next week!! :)

10/10
May 2, 2021 4:14 AM
Oct 2013
At this point, I think that Matsumoto will turns against Vivy at the last episode. And he'll probably be right, because to me it sounds like Vivy WILL become the last crisis kicking off the AI uprising.

The Sisters are becoming more and more widespread, with more and more ability as technology progresses. Vivy also has a lot of influence on the world and is shaping up to be a leader, a figurehead to all AI. So it's either she becomes a symbol of peace, or she becomes a symbol for the AI rebellion.

Another point : Matsumoto is overpowered, for now. But as technology progresses, he'll lose power gradually. They'll reach a point where he'll be ast the same level of technology as every other AI around.
May 2, 2021 4:49 AM

Jun 2020
minfairys said:
him to kill himself at the end... that's something i didn't expect. why is this anime so damnn good though?

For me it was the opposite, like 10-20 seconds before it happened I had exactly this thought: "if he is not gonna kill himself now or attack Vivy, it will make no sense character-wise. He is gonna kill himself as his love is gone and he knows it".

Yea, the show is great. It made a perfect sense and the show of one hand cover in AI blood and the other in human blood gave me chills. Both production value and writting is top notch so it is no wonder...
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
May 2, 2021 5:06 AM
Jan 2021
I get Jun Maeda vibes from this anime except it's sci fi
May 2, 2021 5:09 AM

Jul 2020
Imagine Wit Studios making a mecha anime in the future. This episode was insane. Especially the flight sequence with Vivy and Matsumoto. Can't wait for next week!

I accept random friend requests!
May 2, 2021 5:16 AM
Jan 2021
This episode takes this anime to another level wit studio is best in using cgi
May 2, 2021 5:23 AM

Jun 2016
WTF is this !!
so beautiful ,epic and cool action .. this is perfect !!!

i cant believe this show so fucking good and better than aot final !!
May 2, 2021 6:01 AM

Nov 2016
Another spectacular episode. This series keeps being quite the outstanding audio-visual experience.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2, 2021 6:03 AM

Aug 2018
I expected Dr Saeki's suicide, it happened... damn every episode of Vivy just becomes stronger & stronger (and it was also great on first episode).

I truly loved the final shots, where Vivy had her left hand covered in red blood, and hier right hand covered in blue blood : the symbolic was strong, once more
May 2, 2021 6:04 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Matsumoto was the last one in contact with the programm that lead to the hostility of the entire Island.

Either it was a revolt from Grace to save the Island or Matsumoto did manipulate the programm for his own benefit.
He/It might want to achieve a different goal then he/it is vocal about. Maybe he/it is not that logical saviour from the future.
CyanwasserstoffMay 2, 2021 6:09 AM
May 2, 2021 6:29 AM

Oct 2016
Fucking hell man, that was an amazing episode. Good thing I sandwich Nagatoro between Vivy and 86, it eases the pain. The more episode goes by, the more suspicious Matsumoto becomes. Was there really no way to save Grace, or is Matsumoto just manipulating Vivy. The way I see it, shit is just getting worse, there is nothing improving in the world.

Sing my pleasure playing most of the episode though, fucking top tier opening and it serves as an important part of the plot too. That ending hurts, it really does. R.I.P. Dr. Saeki and Grace. And now Vivy's mind is going crazy, I wonder what's next. Really looking forward to the next episode.
May 2, 2021 6:45 AM

Jun 2020
GGcc78 said:
Spicelit said:
If Re:Zero didn’t air this year, Vivy would be anime of the year easy. This episode left me in shock with how, godlike, depressing, and beautiful this show is.
The most recent season of Re:Zero wasn't that good; if anything it was a confusing mess. Animation, story telling, music, none of it was as good as what were getting in Vivy.

I can agree with the animation but nothing else is better and it can hardly be because you have just 6 episodes.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
May 2, 2021 6:45 AM
Jan 2015
Marinate1016 said:
Am I bugging or is the ep not on Funi yet? Still showing ep 5

Ok funimation finally uploaded the episode and holy shit. Second best episode to only episode 4’s finale fight. Lots of emotional moments today with Grace and Tatsuya’s story, star-crossed lovers that were unfortunately never meant to be together. It’s really heartbreaking that they had to be ripped apart to save the future. The Vivy-matsumoto bike transformer sequence was awesome and the OST that played during the final punch thru Grace was chef’s kiss.

Then the scene of the red blood on Vivy’s left hand and the blue Android blood on the right after Saeki’s suicide.. gut wrenching. Beautiful ep.

Vivy continues to be the most slept on masterpiece in modern times.

Yeah that was really deep there...I wonder how this is gonna affect her.
May 2, 2021 6:46 AM
May 2017
Whew, his suicide got a reaction out of me that shows in general rarely ever do. I guess I should have expected it though with how things turned out and how this show doesn't pull its punches. That's episode two that has made me tear up, good job Vivy.
May 2, 2021 7:02 AM
Aug 2018
I've just watched all 6 ep in one go and holy shiit this is the anime of the year calling it now this early, and I don't usually say this about most anime but im shock how good this story is I just hope the next few ep don't drop the ball.
May 2, 2021 7:35 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
"At this moment, i am not Diva. My name is Vivy"
Hot damn Vivy, badass af, so cool!

Another solid episode with touching conclusion arc resolved around the Metal Float, and the professor love story with the Ai, Grace, from the nursing Ai until the core of the robotic autonomous city Ai. The backstory of them really such a piece of beautiful art. More importantly when its reached the action pack. How smooth direction, though, well, it will be even more epic if they could make another side bombastic action ost, not just the repeated op song. But as an overall, that was a heartbreaking route for sure, with the additional, expect end note for the professor fate. Obviously the badass agent like Vivy will be shocked till her backbone receiving all of those reality. Not even her cool ai personality can handle such an information gently. But, remember, mission is still the mission. Or else you've got another change of mind, Diva?

Idk whats the relations with that another Sisters Ai to the Vivy shock of state status. So lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 2, 2021 7:36 AM

Jul 2013
What a beautiful episode!
Diva's song, which is nice and melodic but never really grew on me yet, definitely achieved that in this action-packed episode.

After that ending I wonder if the story will go in the "changing the future was the cause of the said future" direction. Even if it doesn't, there are hints that, unfortunately, Diva is probably going to die until the end or start seriously malfunctioning and ending up doing things she doesn't want. In any case, a tragic ending I assume?
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
May 2, 2021 7:52 AM
Mar 2017
Off-Topic (I loved the episode but...) how can I ignore someone here? Rose_Player is killing more and more of my brain cells...
May 2, 2021 7:59 AM

Oct 2019
Another heartbreaking episode, grace was a really wonderful AI
May 2, 2021 8:01 AM

Jul 2020
I feel so bad for the doctor. It's so depressing
May 2, 2021 8:26 AM

May 2016
I think if Vivy mixed their blood together with her hands so it became purple, that would've been a nice symbolic gesture.....
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
May 2, 2021 8:37 AM
Jan 2019
OP insertion kinda reminded me Steins;Gate 0 vibes.

What an episode.
May 2, 2021 9:09 AM

Sep 2020
Um the episode was beautiful af with such superb symbolism at the ending and how we get to see diva -> vivy for her singularity project.

Though, i m stucked at one thing. Professor was a former member of toak. All right. So did he want Sunrise to crash? because when he heard the news of how Estella saved Sunrise from crashing to the Earth, on the phone, he was kind of shocked. I hope y'all get what i m saying :D
May 2, 2021 9:10 AM
Apr 2021
I never managed to review this one but definitely it was my favorite this season. The way it handles the story made me believe that there 's only small probability that it will lead to a happy ending..bittersweet or even downer ending might be the most possible outcome..
This episode itself was amazing technically as when the song start, the animation lift the viewer spirit enable them to get excited over how the tension builds up
And..the ending was so sad and depressing..
(I kinda know it was expected still..)
Just for once.. i would say I'm thankful for ever seeing this..it was a masterpiece
10 out of 10
4nimedominionMay 2, 2021 9:14 AM
May 2, 2021 9:39 AM

Nov 2013
good episode, i love vivy's song it's really beautiful
May 2, 2021 9:47 AM
Apr 2017
nick_kun said:
Um the episode was beautiful af with such superb symbolism at the ending and how we get to see diva -> vivy for her singularity project.

Though, i m stucked at one thing. Professor was a former member of toak. All right. So did he want Sunrise to crash? because when he heard the news of how Estella saved Sunrise from crashing to the Earth, on the phone, he was kind of shocked. I hope y'all get what i m saying :D

Well he said he stopped working with them for a while... I think at that point he already had another job because he was already with Grace, it would be weird be with Grace and the organization at the same time.
May 2, 2021 9:49 AM

Sep 2020
foxyahoo said:
nick_kun said:

Well he said he stopped working with them for a while... I think at that point he already had another job.
if that's the case, what would you make of the rest of my question❓
May 2, 2021 10:43 AM

Jul 2017
Incredible episode from start to finish, and that ending... wow.
May 2, 2021 11:15 AM

Feb 2017
Another great and exciting episode. Love how the show manages to one up itself each week. Doctor taking his own life was sure shocking for Vivy. I wonder how she will come out of this incident, she will probably blame herself. I also wonder if her mission will entail taking human lives herself in the future.

Also, seeing the ending credits of this episode, it seems like things aren't really going smooth production-wise. Hopefully the team at Wit manages to go through this one and without the loss of visual quality we've been getting so far.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2021

202 by Excit »»
May 13, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

256 by Nextella »»
Apr 24, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

368 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.