Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Farewell, My Dear Cramer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even though they are facing against a tough team in a practice match, I like Nozomi's overall determined spirit.

Sumire is also someone to keep an eye on but definitely not an easy person to get along with. A very skilled player though.
Apr 18, 2021 9:25 AM

May 2015
And the heads in the fence issue makes another appearance
Apr 18, 2021 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
The continuation of Kunogi vs. Warabi Seinan, and the latter team is going nicely along the lines of possession football, despite a large gap in score and lead by Onda, whose never-giving up spirit raises the morale of the team.

Amidst Aya being the comedic clown and Midori being an abled player, the star of the show is Onda and Suo's team work. One goal scored, and achieved.
Apr 18, 2021 9:38 AM

Jul 2017
I really want to enjoy this adaptation like the manga but man, due to the amateurish animation and direction of the project, the match in this episode come across as soulless despite the general matches in this show actually being better written than a lot of other football matches that I've seen across anime (not that they're many great football anime anyway). The dialogue, the intense moments in concept just feel so flat in its presentation that it sort of kills the spirit of what the material wants to showcase with the beauty of women's football.
Apr 18, 2021 9:45 AM

Apr 2014
Firstly, Warabi should change their FW as soon as possible, in my opinion. They need a forward that can really score a goal and not mess up in front of their opponent's goal.
Onda is an MVP for this training match with her insane skill and her motivation to score a goal.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 18, 2021 9:46 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, the presentation is not the best out there but I'm very invested for whatever reason.

Yeah, looks like what I thought was right, Non-chan needs some excitement before she can begin playing to her potential. Watching her come out and play was awesome. I can understand what the show is going for when she gets her showcase moments but some more dramatic or fluid animation would go a long way towards showcasing Non-chan's skill and moves. Lost potential there, though for what it's worth, almost every other football anime that comes to mind suffers from similar things. I guess we just have to continue hoping that one day we'll get a high budget football anime. The last scene is honestly the best example of what I'm trying to say, so much potential there and it was still hype when she did the roulette into shoot.

The part where Suo stepped over the opposing team's defender, isn't that a foul? Did Suo trip her or did she just fall down herself and Suo just stood over her? Nevertheless, that seems conduct seems like it could be a foul.

Is it just me or is the striker girl with the weird accent kind of off putting, it feels weird when she says random stuff in the middle of the game.

Still very excited for more episodes.
Apr 18, 2021 10:01 AM
Apr 2020
kinda like the weird direction
Apr 18, 2021 10:01 AM

Oct 2017
This episode felt pretty lifeless even if I don't compare it to the manga. The visuals were really meh, animation wasn't that good either and overall execution was bad. I really wanted to see Onda's glorious moment animated well but sigh.
Apr 18, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
Conflicting player interests huh. But honestly, been enjoying how this team has been playing and growing.
Apr 18, 2021 10:25 AM
Sep 2019
OK, the last shot was cool NGL
Apr 18, 2021 10:37 AM

Feb 2020
Decent episode. That last shot was pretty nice.
Apr 18, 2021 10:41 AM

Nov 2011
Cringe to say the least. I gave it 3 episode and I do not see any improvement at all. Hot drop.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 18, 2021 11:05 AM
Sep 2015
The ugly side of most team sport is that there's a defense tactic call holding out the game when you lead, some sport solve this by giving a certain threshold score you need to cross in order to win.
Apr 18, 2021 11:24 AM

Feb 2019
That onda/Tsukada confrontation was awesome. It was most of the episode, but felt like it went so quickly. I love how Onda wiped that smug look off her face and then Itou with the messi-esque goal. Great episode. I actually had no idea this was by Shigatsu’s author, I have a totally different impression of the series now
Apr 18, 2021 11:36 AM

Mar 2019
legend. ROBERTO CARLOS. LEGEND!

Lelouch0202 said:

The part where Suo stepped over the opposing team's defender, isn't that a foul? Did Suo trip her or did she just fall down herself and Suo just stood over her? Nevertheless, that seems conduct seems like it could be a foul.

Definitely and clearly a foul against the goalie, she had the ball already and Aya was late. But luckily there is VAR (yet). Just a matter of time when even joshi kousei football have VAR.

Even Messi can learn from her. His goal against Bilbao yesterday was nothing compared to this. When Ballon d'or for her?

I wish my favorite team would also strike once again someday...but heyyy we don't even have a forward...watching real football is just so much more depressing, maybe I should watch this only.
dlxuniuniuApr 18, 2021 11:54 AM
Apr 18, 2021 11:56 AM

Nov 2016
I can see what others mean with the presentation, it's a bit off, but at it's core it's working for me and I like the rawness of it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2021 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
-dropped 3/10
Art style is bland and not very good to put it mildly.
It comes of as an anime created by someone who has no clue about football but decided to make it after some quick & dirty research on the subject, if this show was something from the early 90's i would just go 'ok', but it's 2021. wth is this trash? lol
Apr 18, 2021 1:07 PM

Mar 2020
Onda is a very powerful and influential player. She's was able to turn the momentum around and generate some offense in the opponents zone. She was the glimmer of hope for Warabi Seinan. With the momentum gained, Warabi Seinan was able to finish the game achieving one goal with the few scoring chances they had.
Penguinman37Apr 18, 2021 1:11 PM
Apr 18, 2021 2:00 PM

Aug 2018
3rd episopde in and still dissapointed in LIDENFILMS. I know they can do better.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Apr 18, 2021 3:40 PM

Mar 2020
animejas said:
I really want to enjoy this adaptation like the manga but man, due to the amateurish animation and direction of the project, the match in this episode come across as soulless despite the general matches in this show actually being better written than a lot of other football matches that I've seen across anime (not that they're many great football anime anyway). The dialogue, the intense moments in concept just feel so flat in its presentation that it sort of kills the spirit of what the material wants to showcase with the beauty of women's football.
animejas said:
yea especially the animation.
Apr 18, 2021 3:42 PM

Jul 2020
The show has been pretty disappointing but this one is promising, so I'll stick around. I do like the two conflicting views on losing or pride...

So best episode so far and yeah still not too big of a fan of the bad animation but I'm enjoying the character growth.
Apr 18, 2021 4:01 PM

Nov 2015
Not a great anime for sure but I have a serious question...

Why does the sound effect being used when they are running on grass sound like they are running on a hard floor?
Apr 18, 2021 4:02 PM
Mar 2021
Is that bagpipes at 20:50? I'm not an audiophile so I'm not sure, but I think hearing bagpipes in anime in 2021 just made my day.
Apr 18, 2021 4:37 PM

Dec 2019
The directing is honestly atrocious especially for a sports anime. I wanted to like this anime so much but it's failing everything it tries to do.
Apr 18, 2021 4:39 PM

Jan 2020
The presentation really stands out in a bad way when it comes to the matches itself

Apr 18, 2021 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Several goals, this is incredible, I hope the female team wins more teams.
Apr 18, 2021 6:13 PM

Mar 2021
This is supposed to be a good anime and the story itself is becoming to get more interested. However, the visual, the animation is beyond tolerable especially for a sport anime, so I wanted to say sayonara to Sayonara watashi no cramer. 4/10

Apr 18, 2021 6:28 PM

Jun 2019
This looks like the episode that I drop this anime. It just looks bad and the plot & characters are not good enough to carry me through in spite of it.

It really is a shame because if the art & animation were at least average I likely would have kept watching. LIDENFILMS remains one of my least favorite studios.
Apr 18, 2021 6:52 PM
Apr 2017
Shame people are dropping it but hope they read the manga at least. At least the threads will be more fun to read now.

I enjoyed this episode as always, really good fun and thought the animation picked up in the second half.

Apr 18, 2021 6:59 PM

Nov 2015
ManWild said:
The presentation really stands out in a bad way when it comes to the matches itself

Completely agree.

The matches are incredibly boring and the way the matches are "shot" is just awful.
Apr 18, 2021 7:10 PM
Dec 2016
It is unbelievable to know that anime is from the same author of "Your Lie in April", I gave a chance to know that it is her work, but I am really regretting it.
Apr 18, 2021 7:43 PM
Mar 2021
KyleRiley said:
Why does the sound effect being used when they are running on grass sound like they are running on a hard floor?

That is bugging me to no end. I can watch something that looks like this (it's not the best, far from it), but the "soundscape" is pretty bad

Almost no ambiant sound, no excitement heard from most of the character, it's as if the VA where recorded in isolation without knowing what's happening... the encouragements felt empty, as if they were done On Cue

Not only the isn't any atmosphere. the sound effects do not match what is shown... once wouldn't be that bad, but since they run all the time, it's everywhere!

Hell, there is more excitement on my work daily morning call and we think those are boring!

Like a few said, it feels like a "debut anime" from a new studio with a staff composed only of juniors just out from school.
Apr 18, 2021 8:42 PM

Aug 2020
did onda just do the mcgeady spin lol

Apr 18, 2021 10:15 PM

Mar 2019
Simply AMAZING Episode..

The Expressions

The Carisma

The Funny Moments

The Animation

The Final... 10/5

PS: I dont understand people saying its boring and dropping it... honestly i think you just dont like soccer... because in several soccer series ive seen, this is not the greatest, but so far so good... and if you mention "animation".... there are other "popular/awaited" series in this season that have worse flaws than this one.
YuyoAlbertoApr 18, 2021 10:21 PM
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 18, 2021 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
in this episode, Suou & Onda shines!
5/5.

Apr 19, 2021 12:32 AM

Nov 2012
OMFG, if they didnt get one freaking goal, I was ready for the drop, but it looked like a goal, so Ill wait to confirm it next week.

My Candies:

Apr 19, 2021 12:50 AM
Apr 2021
I have a question,why ep 3 not aired
Apr 19, 2021 12:51 AM
Apr 2021
Why ep 3 not yet aired
Apr 19, 2021 12:53 AM

Oct 2016
Oh yeah, that was awesome. Let's fucking go Onda. Definitely my favorite episode so far, I am really liking this. Yeah sure, visuals aren't the best but it isn't really bad for me either, story is pretty good anyway. Suo showing off on that trash talker was satisfying as hell lmao, her mindset is pretty understandable though, but I wouldn't wanna be a laughing stock even if it's just until their next match together.

Been waiting for Onda to turn up, and she did not disappoint, she definitely stole my heart as well. Great episode, looking forward to the next one.
Apr 19, 2021 1:00 AM
Oct 2019
I am dropping this anime and will switch to the manga
Apr 19, 2021 1:11 AM
Apr 2013
YuyoGzm said:
Simply AMAZING Episode..

The Expressions

The Carisma

The Funny Moments

The Animation

The Final... 10/5

PS: I dont understand people saying its boring and dropping it... honestly i think you just dont like soccer... because in several soccer series ive seen, this is not the greatest, but so far so good... and if you mention "animation".... there are other "popular/awaited" series in this season that have worse flaws than this one.

Thank you! I was getting depressed by all the hate in this comment section. I've seen worse animation than this, it's not spectacular but it doesn't deserve all this hate
Apr 19, 2021 5:11 AM

Dec 2020
animation distracts me way too much. movements are stiff, when a character thats commentating talks only their mouth moves and its always shown in the same shot, effects are like something you'd play around when you're new to editing. the studio can definitely do better so why arent they doing so? animation probably wont improve anytime soon so i will prob drop this if the next episode's story isnt interesting enough
Apr 19, 2021 5:39 AM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
Off the back of the recent horrifying announcement that all of the top European clubs will be forming a European Super League, I came into this episode willing to forgive all my previous criticisms for the sake of some wholesome football entertainment, but really that's hard to do. I'm going to start sounding like a broken record very soon, but the animation really is poor. I can see what they were going for, but when I can physically count each frame during a moment that, let's face it, is supposed to be sakuga, then it becomes impossible to hold any stakes. Onda I get is supposed to be impressive, her skills being ball control and turns, but no matter how impressive the show tries and tells me the moves are they just end up looking flat. Animation aside, even the way the players are stanced looks flat. The body movements of the players aren't convincing and the physical battle between Suo and her marker was only "physical" because the show told me.

That being said, I liked where they were going with Suo really losing her shit. It was ALMOST scary, but the show really has a weak soundtrack. And by weak I mean it's proper weak, I barely even notice it sometimes.

Anyway, the death of football has begun ladies and gentlemen, I'll try and enjoy this show as much as I can.
Apr 19, 2021 5:44 AM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
YuyoGzm said:
Simply AMAZING Episode..

The Expressions

The Carisma

The Funny Moments

The Animation

The Final... 10/5

Really? "you don't like soccer*? First of all, it's football. Second of all, just because their are shows with worse animation it doens't mean this animation is suddenly good. What kind of stupid thinking is that, more than 1 show can be bad. You mention that other popular or awaited series this season have worse flaws, (again a stupid argument), but you're forgetting that this anime is about SPORT. Thus, if the sport looks flat and lifeless, it becomes very difficult to appreciate. If anything, someone that can excuse such lifeless movement as is displayed in this show probably doesn't really like football. It's a beautiful sport, and reducing it to a slideshow is NOT any way to properly appreciate or present it.
Apr 19, 2021 5:53 AM
Jun 2019
I really liked how the match ended. Although the second ep was a little of a thrown-off, as I saw no reason why Onda would become useless out of nowhere, this one was great! All the characters (even Aya) are interesting and pleasant, loved to see the girls not giving up no matter what. And the match was also very well done. I don't even like soccer, but it captivated me the whole episode.

Wow, Onda shone so much! I loved how she is not only a great player, but also the team's morale raiser, and thankfully Suo recovered in the end.

The only thing that still bothers me is the animation ... It just can't keep up with what's going on in the field, both movement and storywise. But I still liked the episode, so I think I'm going to have to familiarize myself with it.
But at least some moments were very memorable. I think that, if they could improve the soundtrack, the visuals would seem smoother (like in the ending scene).
igoramossApr 19, 2021 6:00 AM
Apr 19, 2021 8:22 AM

Mar 2019
DemonChicken123 said:
YuyoGzm said:
Simply AMAZING Episode..

The Expressions

The Carisma

The Funny Moments

The Animation

The Final... 10/5

Really? "you don't like soccer*? First of all, it's football. Second of all, just because their are shows with worse animation it doens't mean this animation is suddenly good. What kind of stupid thinking is that, more than 1 show can be bad. You mention that other popular or awaited series this season have worse flaws, (again a stupid argument), but you're forgetting that this anime is about SPORT. Thus, if the sport looks flat and lifeless, it becomes very difficult to appreciate. If anything, someone that can excuse such lifeless movement as is displayed in this show probably doesn't really like football. It's a beautiful sport, and reducing it to a slideshow is NOT any way to properly appreciate or present it.

Wrong... "Football" therm can be related to other sports... But "Soccer" is the correct one, because it can only be applied to this exact sport we are watching.

The Bad Animation of other series wasnt an excuse... But ive seen more hate to this singular one, compared to other series with better studios... And that is nonsense.

I dont know what you expect, i admit it has some slideshow moments, but ive seen fluid moves and fun plays, zero boring moments for me.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 19, 2021 9:15 AM

Nov 2013
glad to see nozomi all fired up again and I'm really happy they scored even though I'm not much invested in this anime lol
Apr 19, 2021 11:16 AM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
YuyoGzm said:
DemonChicken123 said:

Wrong... "Football" therm can be related to other sports... But "Soccer" is the correct one, because it can only be applied to this exact sport we are watching.

The Bad Animation of other series wasnt an excuse... But ive seen more hate to this singular one, compared to other series with better studios... And that is nonsense.

I dont know what you expect, i admit it has some slideshow moments, but ive seen fluid moves and fun plays, zero boring moments for me.

Only poser Americans call Football "soccer". In every single country where Football is a big, important sport, it's called Football. The same Americans that have a part in ruining European Football at the moment, mind you. Whatever you say, the sport is called Football. Americans didn't invent it, and their league is awful anyway.

If you can enjoy bad animation then fine, but if you genuinely think it's good you need to watch a sports anime that has actual passion put into it. I recommend Haikyuu wholeheartedly. You say you don't know what I expect, but I think it's pretty clear that I and most people who watch this expect to see actual Football.
DemonChicken123Apr 19, 2021 11:45 AM
Apr 19, 2021 12:17 PM

Jun 2008
I think I'm about to just turn around and read the manga. As an anime about soccer you have to get the matches right and they really are not doing that, which is sad. Maybe since it was a practice match they had a subdued level of intensity... idk. The characters are wonderful and I know the mangaka is good enough. It's just a poorly made anime so far. Quite unfortunate.
Apr 19, 2021 12:28 PM

Mar 2021
This show just keeps getting better, the animation isn't the best but I'm really enjoying this, i'm really excited to see where this goes
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

36 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 1, 3:29 AM

» So i guess it's just bad?

KoroSensei024 - May 2, 2021

42 by Romax24245 »»
Apr 27, 2023 3:36 AM

» More seasons?

Sleeping_wolf_ - Jun 20, 2021

8 by Torcher_ »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:46 AM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

26 by samsince04 »»
Aug 14, 2022 3:29 PM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2021

125 by samsince04 »»
Aug 13, 2022 11:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.