Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2008 2:36 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Mytho's name isn't really Mytho? I wonder what Fakir aims to gain from keeping him in the dark. Rue and him seem to only want Mytho as a puppet that they can order around but their final aims appear to be different.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 2, 2008 3:56 PM

Nov 2007
OMG! Fakir and Rue are SO acting like Mytho's parents haha ^_^ I luv it =w= and Rue was all like "ACK! He's smiling!"

Aug 2, 2008 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
happyhellhound said:
OMG! Fakir and Rue are SO acting like Mytho's parents haha ^_^

agree!!!
Aug 13, 2008 3:00 PM

May 2008
Fakir keeps reminding me of the crow more and more with every episode.
But the crow was supposed to be dead.=|
ukonkiviAug 13, 2008 3:06 PM

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 13, 2008 3:41 PM

Feb 2007
ukonkivi said:

Keep watching ;)
May 11, 2009 10:46 PM

Jan 2008
Asrialys said:
ukonkivi said:

Keep watching ;)

Mid way through this epi I was convinced that Fakir must be the crow.
Jun 22, 2009 11:37 AM

Jun 2008
I love watching the part when Fakir gets owned by Ahiru. He must be really weak.

The lamp's voice is soo cute.
Dec 29, 2010 9:48 AM

Apr 2009
ukonkivi said:

I had that nagging suspicion too since episode 3! The feeling of affection gave Mytho (Mute since I'm watching a.f.k. & HnK subs) gentle eyes and Rue doesn't seem to like it, she preferred the cold & dead eyes? >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 14, 2011 9:48 AM

Jan 2009
So we finally get a none depressing emotion this episode.
Jul 25, 2011 1:55 PM

Feb 2009
Good episode.
It has been doing great in terms of direction so far.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Mar 10, 2012 7:21 PM

Jun 2009
datsunvic said:
Asrialys said:
ukonkivi said:

Keep watching ;)

Mid way through this epi I was convinced that Fakir must be the crow.

Yeah, I'm kind of ashamed of myself for not thinking of that. It kind of makes me feel like an idiot.

I sort of thought that it was more of a case of Fakir and Rue wanting to stop him from having emotions because they think it could lead to his unhappiness or something. Maybe not, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 22, 2012 7:13 PM

Aug 2010
Interesting turn of events. There are signs that lead me to believe that maybe getting back his heart shards is actually a bad thing. Hmm, who knows. We have yet to see the plot unfold.
May 12, 2012 9:43 AM

Mar 2009
Hmmmm, the only reason I can think of for not giving Mytho back his shards is that reforming his heart will release the Crow's seal. But from how Rue and Fakir are acting, I have a feeling that that may not be the case. Also, I don't like Drosselmeyer.It's like all of this is nothing to him but actors playing their roles.
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>
Jul 3, 2012 8:01 PM

Jun 2009
Altair718 said:
Also, I don't like Drosselmeyer.It's like all of this is nothing to him but actors playing their roles.

Which I believe is exactly the point.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 22, 2012 2:18 AM

May 2008
Sadness, Loneliness, Affection...

Mytho's going to be super clingy in the next few episodes.
Feb 8, 2014 11:30 PM
Dec 2012
this is gradually getting better ^^
Mar 2, 2014 2:57 PM

Oct 2012
Interesting turn of events. Really liking this series, it gets better and better with every episodes. :D
Jul 14, 2014 3:15 AM

Aug 2013
Ouch. Ahiru basically played cupid for Mytho and Rue. Weird that Rue doesn't like his kind eyes though. Something's fishy >__>

Fakir is starting to piss me off -___-
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 21, 2014 3:51 PM

Feb 2014
Lamp and duck dance haha

Hmm so both Rue and Fakir don't like the fact that Mute is getting the pieces of his heart back, and Ahiru is getting unhappier because Mute isn't smiling. Maybe this will get into the psychological aspect of being Princess Tutu but not seeing the Prince become happier.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2015 3:35 PM

Jun 2013
I like how when Duck transforms into PT, not only can she dance much better, she also gains people skills. She becomes... like a therapist or something.
Apr 15, 2016 10:16 PM

Jan 2013
I'm still not buying the theory about Fakir being the raven, partly because the show is leaving so obvious clues so early that I'm more inclined to believe its a bluff...
Anw, if Fakir was the raven, why would he object to having Mytho getting his heart shards back? If anything, Mytho getting his feelings back would break the seal upon the raven, so Fakir has only to gain if he was the raven. Rue's position in the story is still unclear, but she definitely doesn't like the fact that Mytho is becoming more human. In fact, she's afraid.
At this point, as weird as it seems, I'm starting to have doubts about Mytho's identity. If we are to go by Fakir's reaction to Mytho getting his heart back, one would think the real sinister thing lies with Mytho. Apparently Fakir gave Mytho an identity after Mytho lost his memories. That's only if we believe what Fakir says to Ahiru is not some twisted fact to conceal the truth from her (and the viewers).

Also, one important thing that I (and probably a lot of others) assume is that the prince is the protagonist and the raven, the antagonist. But its quite possible the opposite is true as well given that the show doesn't say anything about it. Pretty much a wild theory...
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 9, 2016 9:48 PM

Nov 2010
Homolust said:
Interesting turn of events. There are signs that lead me to believe that maybe getting back his heart shards is actually a bad thing. Hmm, who knows. We have yet to see the plot unfold.

Yea, i had the same vibe from the events and the whole episode.
let's see what happens.
Jun 7, 2017 11:41 PM

Nov 2011
I've been wondering if Fakir is the Raven since the second episode. As for why, he may not want to turn back into the Raven if sealing him also made him not-evil. It's definitely possible that he and Rue actually have good reasons for wanting Mytho's heart to remain shattered, though.

How much is the storyteller still influencing the story, I wonder? He's taken direct action despite being an otherworldly being, yet at the same time the previous episode's intro said that the story is trying to wander toward a conclusion (on its own) since it no longer has a storyteller. My guess is that he choose the general direction without necessarily choosing the outcomes.

This really does feel fairy-tale-like, particularly this episode and the past one. It's very soothing and charming.
Aug 14, 2018 7:31 PM
Aug 2012
She knows she's just a Duck, she gets it. Haha but that little fact seems to not be getting to our dear princess as much as it did once she found out a few episodes prior. Their professor's Quirky trait and known line by now still has me smiling, especially after watching him silently watch and approve of our little ducks hard practice while she was within the probation class. Fakir is being a bit harsh once again, and maybe saying a bit is to nice, since it literally pinned our ducky agaisnt a wall by both wrists, but he seemed maybe more scared than he was angry ( for a second that is ) at the fact that Ahiru knew about myuuto being a prince form a story book. Rue also becomes distant and worreid when she notices myuutos eyes flood with emotion, now that he has gotten the emotion of happiness, wanting to bring others to smile, his eyes very much so can no longer throw off the ones that want to keep him in the dark.
Jul 29, 2019 2:08 PM

Jul 2016
Very charming episode. I have to give credit where credit is due, although following the same formula, it still is quite very good. This episode was interesting since it showed more of Fakir and his intentions. How many shards does she have to collect to get Myuuto's full emotions back?
Feb 23, 2022 6:16 AM

Dec 2020
WHY IS FAKIR SO MEANNN. i mean yeah he'll probably have a sob story somewhere near the climax but D:< man ur a dick. and mytho's name isn't mytho? awe i kinda like it tho. wonder what his real name is

the feeling of affection! something positive yay :D but is it..? rue instantly pushed him away when she saw kindness in his eyes. so..... she's into lifeless cute guys?šŸ˜¦ bit odd but okay

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 15 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 30, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Apr 21, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 13 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 14, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 26, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Awesmoe - Apr 3, 2008

143 by WisperG »»
Mar 21, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 12 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 13, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 10, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 12, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 25, 11:22 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.