Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 5, 2021 8:09 PM

Dec 2019
Pretty funny.. "yikes"! Looking forward to the next ep.
Here we go again...
Apr 5, 2021 8:17 PM

Mar 2019
In this poor season....

This serie is taking one of the top places of the season....

Not loving it, but enjoying it...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 5, 2021 8:32 PM

Jun 2020
Ichika is so cute! And I love her deadpan reactions to Ryo lololllll

Also what a waste of a great voice cast with that audio quality. They are doing Toyonaga Toshiyuki dirty. He makes a perfect Ryo. And once again Kimura Ryohei plays the cheeky friend.

And I wonder what’s up with Enoki Junya’s character?

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 5, 2021 10:55 PM

Jan 2021
I will admit I find the age gap weird. But I do find the show a bit entertaining.
Apr 5, 2021 11:08 PM

Mar 2008
I'm loving this a lot. Ryou's reaction to Ichika in an apron was great. That throw Ichika made had me rolling. lmao
Apr 5, 2021 11:12 PM
May 2018
The episode was solid and I can appreciate a cheesy anime(which this has a lot).
You can almost see where it is going and I dont mind.
Apr 6, 2021 12:49 AM

Oct 2008
once again another wonderful episode!
it's great that hilarious moments never gets old!
5/5.

Apr 6, 2021 2:40 AM
Nov 2019
Why do so many people hate this?? It's kinda good ngl
Apr 6, 2021 3:05 AM
Feb 2021
lee0401 said:
Why is there so much hate for this show ? If romance anime is not your thing then drop it why bother ranting

Exactly. I don't see the point in the poll result itself. I genuinely liked it
Apr 6, 2021 4:20 AM
Feb 2021
This episode made me laugh.
Apr 6, 2021 6:08 AM

Oct 2015
Kirito378 said:
lee0401 said:
Why is there so much hate for this show ? If romance anime is not your thing then drop it why bother ranting

Its clearly because a bot.
Apr 6, 2021 6:13 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty hilarious episode! Ryo is honestly a good dude, he's just genuinely and innocently in love. And this is pretty much legal in Japan so I don't really see the problem anymore. As long as there's consent and all that, this is a pretty wholesome show.

I really like Ichika, she's really great. And at this rate I think the microwave voice recording will become one of the charms of the show lmao, I am getting used to it.
Apr 6, 2021 7:16 AM
Mar 2021
Prog_upworks13 said:
Kirito378 said:

Its clearly because a bot.

I mean the messages ppl post , i dont care bout the poll they are ruin by bots for several animes
Apr 6, 2021 7:21 AM

Aug 2013
So Ryo's newfound love has awakened something inside of this him. Yikes!

Ryo got to see Ichika in an apron. I guess that's a win for him. XD

Apr 6, 2021 7:23 AM

May 2018
Apron Ichika let's fucking gooo! Mc truly is a masochist and a chad lol
Apr 6, 2021 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
it was very good episode are really explaining more about the ryo. I liked that about the episode.
Apr 6, 2021 8:50 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi made progress with his save She has changed him for the better
Apr 6, 2021 9:37 AM

Aug 2020
Lol how is that possible

Apr 6, 2021 11:46 AM

Dec 2016
SuperFancy said:
When does Ryou get a visit from Truck-kun??

Yikes, that was brutal! ^^;

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 6, 2021 11:53 AM

Dec 2016
It's not like the age difference are too big of a deal, but 10 years is still too long >>; I guess I am up for the entertainment, but their relationship? No, not really :/ Still, it was a nice episode :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 6, 2021 12:54 PM
Sep 2019
so poeple dislike this anime because of the age gap ? ridiculous !! there are many manga/anime like that, + Ryou has no desire sexual toward Ichika, at least for now. Ichika has 16, in Japan it's a legal age.
Apr 6, 2021 1:41 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
cakethecat said:

The age gap would be fine if she wasn't a **MINOR**. Just sick of so many anime sexualising literal kids and teenagers, and treating it as a joke. Y'all saying it's cute because she's 'mature for her age' and 'he looks young' as if that's an excuse 🤢🤢🤢

Big words coming from a person with a monogatari pfp
Apr 6, 2021 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
Ichika still the star of the show, not liking Ryo that much still.

Oh how Ichika is now falling for Ryo it seems (both literally and figuratively speaking)!

Also this "hentai protagonist" probably overheard the conversation at the staircase Ichika almost fell down off. I am curious to see what role he will play.
Apr 6, 2021 2:20 PM

Jan 2008
lee0401 said:

I don't really do romance but I appreciate it when it's done well. This is definitely not done well.
Make her a college student over 18 and take out all the stalker, womaniser, won't take no from the male and maybe it will work.
Apr 6, 2021 2:31 PM

Apr 2018
This ep was so funny and it was pretty cute when Ryou saved Ichikawa this time when she tripped in her Kimono.
Apr 6, 2021 4:08 PM
Sep 2020
cakethecat said:
Worvrammu said:

In my country, and in most of Western Europe, the legal age is 16. Even if he were 72 instead of 27, that would still be perfectly legal.

Their relationship is nobody's business but their own.

The legal age is 16 *for couples of the same age*, not for adults and children. It's an anime, so in theory it really doesn't matter, but a lot of anime (as well as a lot of popular culture in Japan and the West in general) acts as if it's OK for age gaps when one partner is still in school ... newflash, it's predatory af.

You have no idea what you are on about. Stop posting.
Apr 6, 2021 6:30 PM

Jul 2019
This was a good episode again. School festival isn't new, but for sure is enjoyable. I like Ryo's old friend too.

Side note, people bringing their life values onto this when this is clearly supposed to be wholesome... just one day... can we go without the negativity.
Apr 6, 2021 9:33 PM
May 2020
MC's sister is the worst friend ever. Feeding your friend to a confirmed womanizer.
Apr 6, 2021 10:26 PM

Mar 2009
And...dropped. Show is terribly boring.
Apr 7, 2021 12:31 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. The clicheness route continued. Ichika slowly felt something wrong through her body. Okay. But, idk why she should blurt his smell out. What else his smell must be? Candy? Its unnecessary, tbh, together with that her friends favourite food. I couldn't care more with that! Well, at least its a progression, right? I got another cast introduction too this episode. Two supporting male characters from the poster already revealed. Ryo old friend kinda sus. But, that one boy looked more sus, and might possibly become Chika's high school crush. Idk if its lead into more drama, need more chapter to see whats his exact role.

They also showed the siblings backstory. Okay, not much bring a good feeling over that. But its still fine to setup her motivation. So, its started Ichika to thinking more about Ryo? Hmm an understandable reaction. The truth is, If Ichika really annoyed with his act, she should've kick his ass asap. Rather than that just show how adored her toward his smell. Really, kimochi warui route. Even Ryo know that shit. Lmao.

Okay. Next.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 7, 2021 6:54 AM
Jan 2018
Sokah said:
anime_abhi said:
I don't get why people are finding the age Gap a major problem. It's just fiction and it really doesn't matter as long as it's a fun watch.
Love the ending song btw

It's not the gap, it's that she's below the age of consent. Even the show admits he's creepy.

The whole thing is pretty cringe. The bar conversation was awful. The attempts at humor with his over enthusiastic responses, the shoving food in mouths, hitting a guy on the head with a ball etc. are all just dumb. It's not enjoyable in the least unless you're into creepy relationships.

So if she was 18 and the age of consent was 18 Is that somehow meant to make it better
Mattinator95Apr 7, 2021 12:08 PM
Apr 7, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 2019
Most Americans throw a fit, Japanese find it funny. The contrast is very interesting to see. It's not as bad or even the worst as ppl make it out to be tbvh.

And if the synopsis makes.you uncomfortable why rant about it? Lol
lov3lymjApr 7, 2021 9:06 AM
Apr 7, 2021 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
RIO IS THE MVP AGAIN IN THIS EPISODE!!! She is the best Wing Woman for Ryo but I am glad she came out and told him "If you hurt Ichika I won't forgive you." I definitely think that will come back later in the anime but I think it will be great development for everyone.

I kind of want some focus on Rio as well but we will see what happens.

Okay no Eyes Boy definitely saw or was around for the hug...so we'll see what happens there.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 7, 2021 10:06 AM

May 2012
cakethecat said:

The age gap would be fine if she wasn't a **MINOR**. Just sick of so many anime sexualising literal kids and teenagers, and treating it as a joke. Y'all saying it's cute because she's 'mature for her age' and 'he looks young' as if that's an excuse 🤢🤢🤢

It is not illegal in all countries. Depends on the country

Also, laws are man made and subjective anyway. Who decide that it must be 18 ? And not 16 or 17 years ?
Apr 7, 2021 2:43 PM
Nov 2018
I love this show already. Ryo is so over the top, and they do it in a funny way. And it's even better by how he is totally cool and capable with other people. It's just this girl that makes him change.

Girls dream of meeting a guy who is handsome, successful, and especially who is sought after by other girls. All that's missing is having authority over other people, but his ease in handling others kind of fits that. And then he should change his ways, from dating a long line of women to have eyes only for this girl.

The most sold literature genre by far today is women's romance literature, paperbacks like Harlequin. I know, we are in a sorry state. But those stories and their enormous success, with constantly more titles sold every month, show what women fantasize about, and it's exactly these factors. Just over the top. Koikimo should do well.
Apr 8, 2021 1:47 AM

Apr 2016
Hegar said:
The most sold literature genre by far today is women's romance literature, paperbacks like Harlequin. I know, we are in a sorry state. But those stories and their enormous success, with constantly more titles sold every month, show what women fantasize about, and it's exactly these factors. Just over the top. Koikimo should do well.

This, sometimes people need to check what is popular in japan and why. This kind of stories are what jap girls like and buy. Thats why we are here having an anime adaptation of this.
Apr 8, 2021 4:01 AM

Nov 2017
So sweet and funny. The best ED in this season.

Apr 8, 2021 9:48 AM

Aug 2012
Glordit said:
Furthermore, am I the only one who thinks the voices sound like they where recorded a little too far from their mics?

I thought everyone except Ryou sounded fine. His voice sounded notably different compared to the rest.
Apr 8, 2021 10:54 PM

Jul 2014
Alecks said:
Glordit said:
Furthermore, am I the only one who thinks the voices sound like they where recorded a little too far from their mics?

I thought everyone except Ryou sounded fine. His voice sounded notably different compared to the rest.
I think episode 1 sounded somewhat weird and episode 2 improved. Ryou still sounds weird, though.
cakethecat said:

The complaint about her being a minor would be valid if the show was about her and the MC having SEXUAL RELATIONS. But the show is nothing about that.

cakethecat said:
It's virtue signalling to think putting ephebophilia in a mainstream show is gross? I think you picked that phrase up somewhere without taking the time to find out what it means...

Again, ephebophilia is also about sexual atraction. You're seeing a grapefruit and calling it a grape.

Also you can have ephebophilia and feel sexual atraction to legal adults (age for ephebo is 15-19), so ephebophilia is not the issue.
LeviathanTheEspApr 8, 2021 11:30 PM
Apr 9, 2021 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
i'm getting more and more into this show, it's mediocre but the dude's honest crush on the girl is adorable
Apr 11, 2021 11:40 PM

Mar 2010
Lots of introduction to the cast this episode. Their love is growing.
Apr 14, 2021 2:37 PM
Dec 2020
ahhh this was an adorable episode!!
i was screaming the whole episode
Apr 15, 2021 9:06 PM

Jul 2020
This episode was decently good

Honestly, Ryo got more irritating, but Ichika was overall a more enjoyable character in this episode, so it balances it out
Apr 15, 2021 11:04 PM

Nov 2008
LOL SNOWFLAKES SO TRIGGERED.

MAL really is turning into Twitter. Ugh...what's with all these normies complaining about anime all the sudden? GTFO. The community was way better without your Karen asses. :p

....anyway...

I want to see more of Ryo's bad boy past. xD And I like his seiyuu's performance...why do people think it's bad?

Also found the running gag hilarious how his friend kept calling for stuff at the bar that bars normally wouldn't have and the bar tender goes right along with it. xD

Jun 8, 2021 4:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
More development hmm, but Ryou got slapped because of the hug xD
Jun 12, 2021 11:56 AM
Dec 2020
I love this so much ryou and ichika are perfect for each other🔥☺️❤️. Can’t wait to see the rest😂🔥❤️👍🏻. Also Ichika in that apron looking Fine as hell.
Jun 12, 2021 11:02 PM

Feb 2011
WizKid2 said:
I love this so much ryou and ichika are perfect for each other🔥☺️❤️. Can’t wait to see the rest😂🔥❤️👍🏻. Also Ichika in that apron looking Fine as hell.

Oh yes I totally agree, I really love Ryou x Ichika ship SO MUCH and it's going to get better. ;)
Jul 11, 2021 6:28 AM

Feb 2021
Very nice story, I feel that it's improving a lot. Also technically, in particular the voices have improved a lot.
Aug 14, 2021 1:45 AM

Jul 2015
I expected Ryo to be in his early 20's but being 10 years older than highschooler Ichika is quite the age gap. Its nice to see Ryo managed to save Ichika this time from the dangerous stairs.

Dec 6, 2021 9:15 AM

Apr 2011
I'm starting to like this show now seeing more funny moment between the two. Him getting turned on her cruel words to him is hilarious.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

146 by arceprog »»
Feb 23, 11:02 AM

» I love Rio! Who's with me?

mufarari - Feb 15

4 by TrayC-3PO »»
Feb 16, 6:56 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

274 by suyumanda »»
Oct 21, 2023 7:39 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2021

98 by b_a_d »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

61 by cableguyjay »»
May 1, 2023 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.