Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 5, 2021 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh Ichika in that apron. She looks just like a housewife LOL

Looks like some more girls came to visit Ryo and being a womanizer, I gues that shouldn't be too surprising. I hope Ichika can get used to it. On the other hand, I like how much Rio supports Ichika as a friend by her words. Really, I think she's a great friend to have.

Tbh, I think Rio sets the standard of a role model in the show. The school festival looked fun.
Apr 5, 2021 6:24 AM

Jun 2012
That was a pretty fun episode. Ichika and Ryou have this S&M type chemistry which makes it really funny at times.

Furthermore, am I the only one who thinks the voices sound like they where recorded a little too far from their mics?
Apr 5, 2021 6:25 AM

Jan 2021
I'm starting to like this anime
I'm glad that because of Ichika, Ryou has a better relationship with his sister
Ryou and his friend's talk was hilarious 😂
He deserved that slap xd

Apr 5, 2021 6:27 AM

Apr 2016
Second episode in and this shit is still more of a dumb comedy rather than that "uncomfortable"/"im literally shaking right now" anime tv show. Dude people need a hobby.

Glordit said:
Furthermore, am I the only one who thinks the voices sound like they where recorded a little too far from their mics?

1. Either the voice lines were recorded outside of studio and we will have it like this for the rest of the season.

2. Either some of the the voice lines were recorded outside of studio and we will have it like this for only a couple of episodes.
SwagernatorApr 5, 2021 6:34 AM
Apr 5, 2021 6:36 AM

Apr 2014
Never expect the second episode will come out this week.
Ichika in her apron really looks like a real housewife. No wonder why Ryo will think like that.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 5, 2021 6:50 AM

Apr 2020
What's up with all these recent romcom adaptations being so sub/dom heavy lmao

Anyways, this show exceeds the realms of the sub/dom thingy and is just purely creepy and predatory...it terrifies me how this still has a rating above 7 (even though the episode discussions are mostly 1/5s)

This show is definitely not my cup of tea but I'm gonna keep watching it for the sake of being able to vibe to this banger of an opening lol
asapabriJan 2, 2023 2:17 PM

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Apr 5, 2021 6:55 AM

Jun 2019
Ryo is really funny. LOL As expected Ichika's friends totally fell for his looks.
Got to know that Rio cares a lot about her brother and Ichika as well. That was pretty sweet. Ryo's friend, Matsuda was also a funny guy. He's surprised as well knowing that his womanizer friend finally fell for someone.
I'm really loving this show so far. I love their bitter-sweet relationship so much.
Apr 5, 2021 7:06 AM

Feb 2019
Quite funny episode and better than the first one. Ryou is so handsome that his sister's friends already fall for him.
Ichika was so cute in Japanese dress .i don't know why i don't really care about the romance between Ryou and ichika.
Sakuta002766Apr 5, 2021 7:34 AM
Apr 5, 2021 7:46 AM
Mar 2021
Why is there so much hate for this show ? If romance anime is not your thing then drop it why bother ranting
Apr 5, 2021 7:47 AM

Nov 2017
How the hell she even tripped lmao and don't tell me she is already starting to like him...
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Apr 5, 2021 7:48 AM

Nov 2017
lee0401 said:
Why is there so much hate for this show ? If romance anime is not your thing then drop it why bother ranting

I don't think is because it's romance, many people hate the age gap (27 yrs old and 17 yrs old)
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jun 2020
I don't get why people are finding the age Gap a major problem. It's just fiction and it really doesn't matter as long as it's a fun watch.
Love the ending song btw

Jul 2017
Man the opening and ending songs are nice, only real highlights of this show so far for me. Comedy is still not right up my alley, although Ryou is definitely getting A for effort for trying his ass off in various ways to woo Ichika, and after saving her with the stairs fall and having an embrace, she's slowly recognizing those feelings too in her own way.
animejasApr 5, 2021 7:51 AM
Apr 5, 2021 7:50 AM

Dec 2020
I love this comedy between theses two ,he likes it when she bully him and omg cutes was that in the end ryo saved ichika!<3
More girls like him but the only he is interested is ichika
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 5, 2021 7:54 AM

Mar 2019
sooo...10 years is their gap...well the dude looks younger for sure. But I mean is this so bad? Don't think so tbh as long as these two are fine. Just hope it will stay wholesome
Apr 5, 2021 7:57 AM

Jul 2019
Ep 2 we get apron and school festival.Rio as always is best wingman/wingwoman.Also I don’t understand why this show gets so much hate,it is brilliant and funny and it is actually refreshing to see guy courting girl he likes from 1st episode and is trying to win her affection instead of being passive for god knows how many episodes before even asking her for date or something
Apr 5, 2021 8:23 AM

Jan 2014
Those kimonos were really cute and lovely. Really dig the art of this show.
Apr 5, 2021 8:31 AM
Aug 2020
OP and ED are soooo good, soooo happy they are both already released XD
I like the development!
Apr 5, 2021 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
JK Ichika: *Shows up in apron*
Smooth criminal adult Ryo: IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Well, that's fun, having younger sister Rio's friends over at home. The specific latte cup art of Ryo to Ichika...HEH. An armadillo of love.

Masuda is so over-reactive, but I'd guess because of Ryo's hidden "fetishes" that it's like so. And going over to the usual school festivities, it's not surprising at all to see both him and Ryo do some "visitation" with the usual comedic banter.

There's just something that works with this show in the comedic space, and I can't put my foot down on it, but it does have some heart in it which makes the show better IMO.
Apr 5, 2021 8:59 AM
Jul 2017
When does Ryou get a visit from Truck-kun??
Apr 5, 2021 9:34 AM

Feb 2019
The humor in this show isn't really cutting it for me. Masuda couldn't have gotten a more obnoxious introduction than that whole bar bit. Ryou is the closest to being funny this far with his whole desperation skit, but not enough to cross that threshold. I'll give one more episode, though I don't see much point in a comedy that doesn't tickle my funny bone.

The OP is a bop though.
Apr 5, 2021 9:37 AM

Jul 2014
anime_abhi said:
I don't get why people are finding the age Gap a major problem. It's just fiction and it really doesn't matter as long as it's a fun watch.
Love the ending song btw

It's not the gap, it's that she's below the age of consent. Even the show admits he's creepy.

The whole thing is pretty cringe. The bar conversation was awful. The attempts at humor with his over enthusiastic responses, the shoving food in mouths, hitting a guy on the head with a ball etc. are all just dumb. It's not enjoyable in the least unless you're into creepy relationships.
Apr 5, 2021 9:45 AM
Jun 2020
Sokah said:
anime_abhi said:
Love the ending song btw

It's not the gap, it's that she's below the age of consent. Even the show admits he's creepy.

The whole thing is pretty cringe. The bar conversation was awful. The attempts at humor with his over enthusiastic responses, the shoving food in mouths, hitting a guy on the head with a ball etc. are all just dumb. It's not enjoyable in the least unless you're into creepy relationships.

its not that i enjoy. i just want to say that there is no point in complaining cuz there are people who are enjoying it.
Apr 5, 2021 9:57 AM
Jul 2020
this show is so funny. the episode is getting good ngl. the humor is so hilarious.
Apr 5, 2021 9:59 AM
Jan 2021
MacchiaStella said:
How the hell she even tripped lmao and don't tell me she is already starting to like him...

Yeah it looks like the show is fucking hilarious lmao
Forhad-mahmudApr 5, 2021 10:05 AM
Apr 5, 2021 10:04 AM

May 2020
Pretty shoujo the anime, eh.

But overall, a fun episode although some of the humour was a bit jarring at times. Also, the whole voice recording just doesn't seem to improve. Hopefully, it gets better as it progresses.

Maybe try sleeping?

Apr 5, 2021 10:12 AM
Apr 2018
I don't find Ryou as attractive as this in the manga. Toyonaga Toshiyuki's voice really does wonders. Ughhhhhhh <3
Apr 5, 2021 10:12 AM

Sep 2019
It was better than the first episode, made me laugh a few times. That dude saw them hugging, I wonder if he likes Ichika too.
Apr 5, 2021 10:21 AM
Jan 2021
So the gap is 10 years plus some scenes don't make sense.Romantic shows are realistic but this one is not.
Apr 5, 2021 11:14 AM

Jul 2017
ngl I feel like microwave Toshiyuki recording is also happening somewhere in a quiet place, because it really does seem he's trying to hold himself back from speaking too loud lol

welp it only took 2 eps for the ball to start rolling. Curious to see how far their relationship will go

but what I'm more curious about is if hentai protagonist is going to be the ill fated 2nd ML in this story???

dlxuniuniu said:
sooo...10 years is their gap...well the dude looks younger for sure. But I mean is this so bad? Don't think so tbh as long as these two are fine. Just hope it will stay wholesome

yea I think if it ends up getting too manipulative/obsessive/power dynamic, then it'll definitely be in the predatory realm. At the very least Ichika seems mature for her age (though it's only 2 eps so far) so this isn't too bad as far as age gap romances go

though tbh people tend to throw context out the window anyway when it comes to age gap romances so people will find it bad regardless. It's not like this one doesn't have any creepy moments present, but this really doesn't seem that bad so far when it comes to age gap
Short_CircutApr 5, 2021 11:17 AM
Apr 5, 2021 11:15 AM
Feb 2017
Why did the school feel so empty despite a festival going on???

The male mc's behavior is bothering me more than the age gap right now plus the reaction of people around him. Why would you be happy if your middle aged friend is having a crush on a high school girl??

I kinda wanna watch a few more episodes before deciding whether I really wanna drop or not. I like Ichika and Rio tbh and the music for this show is really good too. Looking forward to next week!
Apr 5, 2021 11:25 AM
Dec 2020
This was a nice episode.
Im glad im sticking to this anime.

I like the ending of this episode it was really really sweet.
The Romance is building up!
Apr 5, 2021 11:31 AM

Jul 2011
I heard that some didn't like how MC girl were ignored by all, even by her best friend.

This is partially explained on this episode, about him and his sister (flashback about dad and son fighting about son's some random hookup girl? his sister really hated this moment, and very likely want to do anything for his brother to stop being womanizer and focus on one only, and get him to love someone), and then he was told by his sister that if he hurt MC girl anyhow, she won't support this romance anymore.
GaichiApr 5, 2021 11:36 AM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 5, 2021 11:32 AM

Oct 2017
OK, all of you who say "this isn't my thing", "age gap/she is a minor - call FBI", "i'm here only for the OP", etc. - just drop it and let the rest of us enjoy this in peace!
If you keep going, then you're just masochistic trolls.

Forhad-mahmud said:
So the gap is 10 years plus some scenes don't make sense.Romantic shows are realistic but this one is not.

Quite the opposite. I find this pretty realistic (for now) with the age gap, young girls attracted to older boys, the courting, etc. , while most other romantic shows are not.
Sure, there are comedic exaggerations, but what (comedy) show doesn't have them?!
RainyShadowApr 5, 2021 11:36 AM
Apr 5, 2021 11:44 AM

Aug 2020
Is Ichika growing on him? Maybe.
Apr 5, 2021 12:02 PM

Jul 2011
expired_0 said:
Is Ichika growing on him? Maybe.

Slowly, yeah maybe :)

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 5, 2021 12:21 PM

Dec 2016
MacchiaStella said:
lee0401 said:

I don't think is because it's romance, many people hate the age gap (27 yrs old and 17 yrs old)

The age gap in this anime isn't that bad because:
- She is almost 18;
- the guy isn't pervying on her, he's just truly in love and don't sexualize her body, just find cute or pretty how she dress or act;
- the anime graphics don't make the age gap looks too different, like when you watch an anime that a 26 years old woman looks like a loli to make an excuse to be able to se..ualize her.

anyway some bad sides from this anime is how some pervs can interpret their behavior
for example: he is saying he loves her and he keep sending gifts, she is denying and asking to stop, but sending gifts and expressing your feelings is not that invasive, and she is denying but she don't try to ignore him or look desesperate to get away from him, like when she didn't denied to take him through school
this line between expressing your feelings and actually try to do something worse in the sake of se..ual intention (you know what I mean) is what some creeps can misunderstand and use the "she says she don't like this but i'll do it anyway" line (like the anime protag uses) to do something actually bad
this is not uncommon in japan btw

the anime staff should create some scenes to keep it clear that he is not going to do anything she doesn't want to, because she is not 18 years old and she didn't gave him consent (yet)!!
Apr 5, 2021 12:26 PM
May 2020
The way Ryo shows his love towards ichika through out the festival, it was really cute 😍😍😍😍. Loving the show ☺️
Apr 5, 2021 12:42 PM
Jun 2013

The age gap would be fine if she wasn't a **MINOR**. Just sick of so many anime sexualising literal kids and teenagers, and treating it as a joke. Y'all saying it's cute because she's 'mature for her age' and 'he looks young' as if that's an excuse 🤢🤢🤢
Apr 5, 2021 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
Sokah said:
anime_abhi said:
Love the ending song btw

It's not the gap, it's that she's below the age of consent.

Ahahhahaha
What a dumb post.
0. Fictional story.
1. She's literally not
2. And even if you want to go this idiotic route limited to only few states in burgerland and maybe FEW other countries (definitely not in the source country from where you're consuming media and you're not the target audience btw) - they aren't having sex and they won't do it because it's a comfy romcom series.
Just drop it already if you have nothing else to say about the actual episode. Or stop watching media which you aren't the target audience of.
And this is not an advice only for you.
rsc-plApr 5, 2021 1:50 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 5, 2021 1:51 PM
Jan 2021
It’s really simple if you don’t like age gaps then this anime isn’t for you!! The anime I like it so far cuz is pretty funny imo but that can change if he becomes touchy yk what i mean since she still 17.
Apr 5, 2021 2:27 PM
Apr 2020
I'm liking this a lot. It's fun and the main couple is cute. (Last season I tried Horiyama and it was kind of boring.)
This season seems a whole lot better.
Apr 5, 2021 2:31 PM

Jun 2019
I liked this episode considerably more than the first one.

The blond guy was a lot less creepy and stalker-ish. The pacing was much better and there were actually a couple moments that made me chuckle.

That being said, the art & animation are both still bad, it can still feel empty at times, and many things happen that make no sense just to progress the romance between the characters (like the girl tripping on nothing and the blond guy going out of character to leave her in an empty classroom to get food).
Apr 5, 2021 3:39 PM

Dec 2016
cakethecat said:

The age gap would be fine if she wasn't a **MINOR**. Just sick of so many anime sexualising literal kids and teenagers, and treating it as a joke. Y'all saying it's cute because she's 'mature for her age' and 'he looks young' as if that's an excuse 🤢🤢🤢

are we watching the same anime? In wich part they are sexualizing her?
Apr 5, 2021 3:47 PM

May 2015
NakamuraBK said:
cakethecat said:

are we watching the same anime? In wich part they are sexualizing her?

They're probably not watching it period. Just another person who feels the need to get on here and virtue signal about whatever show they deem "controversial" this season. Just ignore them
Apr 5, 2021 3:52 PM
Jun 2013
It's virtue signalling to think putting ephebophilia in a mainstream show is gross? I think you picked that phrase up somewhere without taking the time to find out what it means...
Apr 5, 2021 4:07 PM
May 2020
how the roles have reversed at the end of the episode with ichika falling lol
Apr 5, 2021 4:09 PM
Jan 2021
Glordit said:
That was a pretty fun episode. Ichika and Ryou have this S&M type chemistry which makes it really funny at times.

Me too! Maybe it was during lockdown they had to record remotely? I thought I was the only one thinking that as well~
Apr 5, 2021 4:10 PM
May 2020
cakethecat said:

wallahi I must be Stevie wonder cos i haven't witnessed any sexualisation of this minor
Apr 5, 2021 4:29 PM
Feb 2016
cakethecat said:

The age gap would be fine if she wasn't a **MINOR**.

In my country, and in most of Western Europe, the legal age is 16. Even if he were 72 instead of 27, that would still be perfectly legal.

Their relationship is nobody's business but their own.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

146 by arceprog »»
Feb 23, 11:02 AM

» I love Rio! Who's with me?

mufarari - Feb 15

4 by TrayC-3PO »»
Feb 16, 6:56 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

274 by suyumanda »»
Oct 21, 2023 7:39 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2021

98 by b_a_d »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

61 by cableguyjay »»
May 1, 2023 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.