Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Edens Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 29, 2021 5:18 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the OP song is a banger as expected from TM Revolution

the 3DCG is not bad its very well done here on Happy transforming into guns
Mar 29, 2021 7:43 PM
Oct 2020
Opening sure a banger!! Excited to meet the other crew..... #Xiaomei the narrator and a troll.
Mar 30, 2021 12:37 AM
Oct 2016
deg said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

It kinda looks like CG but trust me that's completely 2D hand drawn transformation scene. I've seen it in quarter speed and it has a lot of smears.
Mar 30, 2021 2:32 AM

Jun 2019
So far, JC staff is handling it pretty well, Rebecca's ship CGI is really good !

AND THE OP LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO, well are the FT staff working on the OP's visual though, the storyboarding, while good, felt all over the place at some times...

The ost are pretty good so far and it feels really western cartoon with some 'futiristc' twist and I like that

THE EDEN GEAR ANIMATION AND SOUND EFFECTS, HAPPY'S TRANSFORMATION YOOOOOOO

Elsie is here !!!! Let's gooooooo THE ENDING IS A BANGER AND HAVE THE COLORED CHAPTER COVERS LET'S FUCKIN' GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Decent pace again, did they only adapted chapter 2 for this episode ?

Anyway, everything has been looking good so far, now we wait for the 10 April for the official release.
JulianfoxyMar 30, 2021 2:40 AM
Mar 30, 2021 3:58 AM
Oct 2016
Julianfoxy said:

AND THE OP LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO, well are the FT staff working on the OP's visual though, the storyboarding, while good, felt all over the place at some times...

Yes, the OP is Directed and storyboarded by Yuji Suzuki, and he has done quite a few openings for FairyTail, hence, even this has the same vibe.
Mar 30, 2021 4:07 AM

Jan 2009
blank4lulz said:
deg said:

It kinda looks like CG but trust me that's completely 2D hand drawn transformation scene. I've seen it in quarter speed and it has a lot of smears.

maybe its a mixed of 3D and 2D? i downloaded a low quality recording on NyaaTorrents so gonna watch it again when fansubs are out
Mar 30, 2021 4:17 AM
Oct 2016
deg said:
blank4lulz said:

maybe its a mixed of 3D and 2D? i downloaded a low quality recording on NyaaTorrents so gonna watch it again when fansubs are out

It's the shading which makes it look like 3D, I'm pretty sure it's completely 2D, try going frame by frame.
Haven't confirmed but I think that cut is from the MADMAN Kenichiro Aoki, the first cut where Happy spins around is 100% Aoki cut, he even confirmed that on Twitter.
Mar 30, 2021 6:18 AM

Jun 2019
Nitpicks: The censorship is pretty tame so far, in comparison to Fairy Tail (thanks too the midnight timeslot), but I can't get around the fact that THEY CENSORED HAPPY BEING SPLIT IN HALF ON THE 'CAR' ACCIDENT AFTERMATH

JulianfoxyMar 30, 2021 6:41 AM
Mar 30, 2021 10:24 AM

May 2013
Julianfoxy said:
Nitpicks: The censorship is pretty tame so far, in comparison to Fairy Tail (thanks too the midnight timeslot), but I can't get around the fact that THEY CENSORED HAPPY BEING SPLIT IN HALF ON THE 'CAR' ACCIDENT AFTERMATH

I was going to say the same but... after reflection I'm not that upset actually.
JCStaff is capable of showing bloody messes (heavy blood, monsters cut in half, bleeding wounds, you name it) but I think in that very case we can talk about animal cruelty and I think we just witnessed their -I don't really know how to say it- "sense of morality" (?) here.
Mar 30, 2021 1:30 PM

Jun 2019
Hey... the OP sure is a banger.
Well, they have their own B-Cube and B-Cubers, I guess. LMAO
Sad to see Rebecca and Happy like that, but seems like everyone's not happy about the censorship(just saw the chapter) and yep I agree. But, cool to see Happy being transformed there into a gun and Rebecca teaching them a lesson.
Also, Crimson-Scarlet.... Erza... Is that you? ED is fine.
Mar 30, 2021 10:44 PM

Oct 2017
So someone once met mother huh, wonder who that is. Also that hologram of Mother is huge and looks cool. Shiki thinks he has met mother, that's interesting.

Woa that was quite the plot twist. Wasn't expecting Happy to turn into a gun at all, Rebecca looks cool with those. Also their backstory was quite emotional.

OP/ED were really good, liked both of them. Also finally Erza ahem I mean Elsie makes her appearance.

They rearranaged the story a bit in this episode but I think it flows better like this. In the manga Happy gets kidnapped as soon as they reach the planet and after saving them they go to the guild but here they went there first and then the stuff with Happy happpened.
Mar 31, 2021 8:06 AM

Nov 2016
Not quite Black Clover, but could fill the void left.

No surprise that the opening for this one would be dope. Fairy Tail pretty much never missed and popular shounen in general got it when it comes to openings.

And yeah, as expected, this is even more fun animated. I honestly prefer this kind of lighthearted sci-fi fantasy adventure based on a shounen manga to your average isekai LN adaptation. From worldbuilding to design of the characters and tropes that are used, it's all up my alley. Edens Zero isn't anything too ambitious, but pretty enjoyable for shounen sucker and I believe J.C. Staff will do a solid job.

FMmatronMar 31, 2021 8:20 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 31, 2021 11:42 AM

Nov 2019
Take a sip every time Shiki mentions "friends".

This is not my type of anime but I'll give it a few more episodes to impress me. And Erzy Crimson - Erza Scarlett come on I know this is not the same anime but at least make some sort of effort when it comes to giving the characters names.
The opening is a banger as expected from any shounen these days.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 31, 2021 12:06 PM

Sep 2019
Happy and Rebecca's backstory was sad. Elsie looks really similar to that one girl from FT.
Mar 31, 2021 12:44 PM

Sep 2017
The OP is an absolute banger, the ED is good as well, pretty hyped by both in the visuals and audio departments. The episode itself was quite nice, the animation is still solid and the story is moving at the pace I imagined. The reactions to Happy's transformation was amazing lol and Becca gunning everyone down was cool. They did change a bit the order of events but they made it a way that still makes sense, so another point for them in the slight changes department, so far they are handling pretty well.
Mar 31, 2021 12:49 PM

Jul 2015
They are recycling A LOT from Fairy Tail.
Even Levy had a cameo with almost unchanged design.
Erza also appeared.
PiromyslMar 31, 2021 12:56 PM

Mar 31, 2021 12:52 PM

Nov 2014
Except looking alike and friends seems different to me. Shiki gravity gear's cool and i didn't expect happy to turn into a gun,pretty sad past.
Mar 31, 2021 1:22 PM
Dec 2020
Piromysl said:
Erza also appeared.

That's kinda intended though. And its just a cameo to pay homage to his previous work, nothing more.

revzy said:

This is not my type of anime but I'll give it a few more episodes to impress me. And Erzy Crimson - Erza Scarlett come on I know this is not the same anime but at least make some sort of effort when it comes to giving the characters names.

Well Shiki wants to make friends because he simply doesn't know any better.

Elsie crimson has minimal role in the story beyond being a simple plot device to establish the plot to be able to move forward.

Character designing is rather hard. But still I'd advice you to not say that he's lazy or he doesn't put effort. He's literally the most hardworking mangaka I've seen. He also gives every villian and most characters an unique design beyond a handful of characters, so saying that he doesn't put in effort is quite untrue.
Mar 31, 2021 1:25 PM

Feb 2014
OMG, loli Rebecca is the cutest thing ever.
I almost shed tears when she started crying due to Happy being about to die.
Mar 31, 2021 1:29 PM

Nov 2019
Thetis-Zeta said:
Piromysl said:
Erza also appeared.

That's kinda intended though. And its just a cameo to pay homage to his previous work, nothing more.

revzy said:

Elsie crimson has minimal role in the story beyond being a simple plot device to establish the plot to be able to move forward.

Character designing is rather hard. But still I'd advice you to not say that he's lazy or he doesn't put effort. He's literally the most hardworking mangaka I've seen. He also gives every villian and most characters an unique design beyond a handful of characters, so saying that he doesn't put in effort is quite untrue.

Did you even read my statement? I specifically said names and nothing else. The character designs are similar but not identical and it's nice to see resemblances between the two shows.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 31, 2021 1:41 PM
Dec 2020
revzy said:
Thetis-Zeta said:

Did you even read my statement? I specifically said names and nothing else. The character designs are similar but not identical and it's nice to see resemblances between the two shows.

Lol. That part was meant as an answer to the other guy, not you. I just accidentally pasted it under your answer while editing.
Mar 31, 2021 1:56 PM

Aug 2020
OP is good and so are the sound effects.

We got a bit of action this episode and if I do say so myself Shiki is OP if he uses his power correctly.
Mar 31, 2021 1:58 PM

Jun 2014
"Hey can I copy your homework?"

"Sure, just change it a little so it isn't obvious that you copied."

*Erza Scarlet ----> Elsie Crimson*

It was nice to get some backstory about Rebecca and how she and Happy first met. It was tragic but hey now he can transform into guns so Rebecca can pew pew people. Shiki continues to be ambitious in his goal to try and befriend everyone, but also knows when to get serious when it comes time to fight.

So far we've got Natsu with Grey's hair, not-Lucy, Happy of course lol, and now totally-not-Erza. If my memory of the small amount of the manga that I've read serves me correctly, to round out the reskins of Fairy Tail's MCs, we should be getting
next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 31, 2021 7:36 PM

Jan 2020
Happy and Rebecca are quite cute together. I liked this much more than the first episode and I'm interested in seeing how the story goes from here

Mar 31, 2021 11:35 PM
Apr 2020
Wow! This gets more fascinating!

Shiki and Rebecca are basically the same, abandoned by their parents. I wonder if it's related. If Shiki remembered that he met Mother, could it be Mother is his relative? Shiki seems famous. Even Erza I mean Elsie (lol) is looking for him.

Rebecca and Happy's tragic back story. Another character hit by a truck, but he wasn't isekaied. lmao. Mecha Happy and Rebecca's tandem is incredible. Rebecca is a sharpshooter af! Looking forward to more space adventures!

Team Shadow Gear cameo! Even GruVia are in the ED dating. Haha

Ao_SkyMar 31, 2021 11:51 PM
Apr 1, 2021 4:56 AM

Dec 2014
Am I getting old or do this sort of shounen anime feel outdated ? ... like after Jujutsu, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, Neverland and so on, this feels like something that was ok in 2005. I will give it few more episodes probably ... maybe check the manga too, this may be the case of an manga that doesn't translate that well into anime... it was kind of the same with Fairy Tail too, the manga feel a bit more serious, while the anime was kind of childish ... but then... it was a really bad adaptation in the later part.
Apr 1, 2021 5:50 AM

Jun 2019
kronopy said:
Am I getting old or do this sort of shounen anime feel outdated ? ... like after Jujutsu, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, Neverland and so on, this feels like something that was ok in 2005. I will give it few more episodes probably ... maybe check the manga too, this may be the case of an manga that doesn't translate that well into anime... it was kind of the same with Fairy Tail too, the manga feel a bit more serious, while the anime was kind of childish ... but then... it was a really bad adaptation in the later part.

If you'e seriously expecting something like KnY, MHA, TPN or JJK then.....drop it, now, there.
Apr 1, 2021 6:38 AM

Feb 2014
if its a different universe to fairy tail then whys levy and co there -o-
still nice to see her tho!
Apr 1, 2021 7:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the cat happy got an accident and now he's an android who can change into a gun to fight with Rebbeca?! that's pretty cool xD and it works well with Shiki's gravity abilities... well now it's seems like Erza...hmm no, Erzy, is here to fight against them
Apr 1, 2021 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
"My adventure is starting!"

Shiki's personality is like a kid at the candy store. Character chemistry between Rebecca and Shiki is surprisingly fun to watch. I hope Shiki won't be that sensitive throughout rest of the season though.

Well one thing is for sure. Shiki is the type of guy that isn't afraid of taking bold risks.

There's already flashbacks of Rebecca's past with Happy, so wouldn't be too surprising to see some of Shiki's this season.
Apr 1, 2021 9:07 AM

Jul 2020
Generic, 6/10 ep. giving it a few more episodes

Apr 1, 2021 9:08 AM

Jul 2020
kronopy said:
Dude I fully agree not saying I was expecting demon slayer or sum shit but this shit is visually eh and everything around eh

Apr 1, 2021 11:03 AM

May 2012
kronopy said:

Edens Zero should be better than JJK, MHA or Demon Slayer since those follow the DBZ/Bleach formula without doing much with it while Edens Zero has the expansive world formula where one arc or smaller event will progress the story to the next.
Apr 1, 2021 3:31 PM

Mar 2014
k11chi said:
kronopy said:

Edens Zero should be better than JJK, MHA or Demon Slayer since those follow the DBZ/Bleach formula without doing much with it while Edens Zero has the expansive world formula where one arc or smaller event will progress the story to the next.

You had me with MHA and Demon Slayer...but JJK? I get a more Yu Yu Hakusho vibe. To be fair any anime nowadays is not really original so I could never fault Eden Zero or any of those animes above, however it's how they use and present the formula is what I enjoy.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 1, 2021 9:41 PM

Jul 2017
Almost didn't recognise Justice in the OP. He's pretty much the splitting image of Jellal in the manga, but his design looked off lmao.

Apr 2, 2021 12:44 AM
Jan 2021
On Google it shows that anime release date is 11 April
Apr 2, 2021 12:54 AM
Oct 2019
Julianfoxy said:

It’s not verified he was cut in half. Hair could be ripped off
Apr 2, 2021 12:58 AM
Oct 2019
animegirl2533 said:
Generic, 6/10 ep. giving it a few more episodes

“Few more episodes?” Just watch the whole season. The first few episodes going to be world building etc. Edens zero has a vast universe and amazing story as it progresses
Apr 2, 2021 1:21 AM
Oct 2018
freaking love the series so far, i've read the manga and the the first few episode adapting the first volume of the manga is definitely staying true to the original pacing. hoping that nobody'll fuck this gem up wwww

sidenote: HAPPY'S TRANSFORMATION GAVE ME LIFE WWWWW
Apr 2, 2021 3:26 AM

Feb 2014
The OP is really cool. Feels more anime-like than the current new gen songs.
A nostalgic journey for us.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 2, 2021 5:38 AM

Nov 2019

Edit I apologize if my comment sounded as a troll but that was not my intention the robot Shiki was fighting just reminded me as Timeskip Alvarez Makarov the shape of his face That´s all.
MiraStraussFan99Apr 28, 2021 10:49 AM
Apr 2, 2021 6:25 AM

Jun 2019
MiraStraussFan99 said:
I'm disappointed by the fight scenes
I hope the animation of the fights movement gets better and not a freeze frame. like the punch Shiki did in Ep 1 against the robot Alvarez Makarov

slo-mo shots*, these are expected because of how Mashima panels, but it still leagues above fairy tail in that department. things move when they should and that's good.
Apr 2, 2021 6:41 AM

Mar 2021
I like the setting and how vibrant and colorful it is.. the OST is pretty nice and Rebecca & Happy are great...Shiki on the otherhand is kind of a cornball generic "I NEED FRIENDS" kinda guy And the animation during fights are dog shit, but I really like the atmosphere and Rebecca & happy's backstory / Shiki's homeland plot so far so hopefully the fights get better and doesn't end up as bad as fairy tail
Apr 2, 2021 6:55 AM

Jul 2017
As expected from TM Revolution, Takanori Nishikawa with the OP is a banger. CHiCO Ed this time is OK.

So even in the world of Fairy Tail Edens Zero also have YouTube B-Cube...more like a travelogue of sorts.

Shiki still is ignorant of the world before him, but at least he's getting along in the action space. But dang, Mashima went the dark route between Rebecca and Happy's relationship...albeit toning down the censorship from the manga, and did Happy get a hilarious mech upgrade...? AM I SEEING THAT WRONG??? Well, alright.

And of course, the reskin of Erza Scarlet being Space Pirate Elsie Crimson...YEA.
Apr 2, 2021 9:10 AM

Aug 2020
Natsu is reincarnated in Grey's doppelganger well known as Shiki and more idiotic than the natsu before. Kidda best explanation for Shiki lmao

Apr 2, 2021 12:07 PM

Nov 2019
Julianfoxy said:
MiraStraussFan99 said:
I'm disappointed by the fight scenes
I hope the animation of the fights movement gets better and not a freeze frame. like the punch Shiki did in Ep 1 against the robot Alvarez Makarov

slo-mo shots*, these are expected because of how Mashima panels, but it still leagues above fairy tail in that department. things move when they should and that's good.

Thanks I did not know that But it is better than Final season of FT but 2009 FT + FT 2014 had movements Final Season Fairy Tail fight department Sucks.
MiraStraussFan99Apr 2, 2021 12:13 PM
Apr 2, 2021 2:21 PM

Aug 2013
So Happy is a robot. Rebecca's and Happy's backstory was sad.

I like Rebecca. Especially the way she fights. She and Shiki make an interesting duo.

Apr 2, 2021 9:24 PM

Mar 2019
First episode was pretty average...

Second episode better...

Not bad in general, but this is any near from what i expected...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 2, 2021 11:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Aw, the ed actually very good. I am enjoying my little time hearing Chico works there. Nice!

Anyway, this episode revealed the goddess cosmos name as the Mother, whose the Demon king already mentioned before. Grander than planet? Ofc. Lol, not even realized that from the mal list. Okay. The goal of the mc kinda been done setting it up there, tbh. Well, how could Shiki find her location? It is truly make me curious.

Anyway, Shiki and Rebecca arrived at the earth, i guess, Blue Garden planet. The centre of the adventurers. Most of where humans created a colony, i guess. Why they called with such a classic name, in the middle of the technological advanced of spaceship era? I know nothing. But, let it goes like that. Because its actually a pretty fun ride episode. The antic of Shiki has been pretty solid so far. Friends, friends, and friends. I hope its grow better when the time goes by.

In short, the episode proved Rebecca to be worthy enough as the heroine, together with the series mascot, Happy, not just rely on her beauty as a personified fanservice. I hope its stay true in the later episodes. The way they flashbacked her past kinda solid, imo. Even though i am still wondering how the hell she got abandoned and still safe until that day, considering how healthy her body was. I hope the storyline didn't forget to mentioned it, somedays. But, well, the point of her relations with Happy was solid afterall. Happy will always be happy. Long live the iconic mascot!

Next, what else i got? A space pirate gang commanded by an ara ara beautiful lady? Ofc, its such an interesting introduction. They might've been caused such a chaos. I wonder whats the planet did to greet her? Lets see next, at the last day of this month!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 3, 2021 5:09 PM

Jul 2012
OP was surely a banger.

So I heard that, despite some characters looking like FT characters, this show was totally different and had nothing to do with it... But these two episodes actually felt like watching a watered down boring version of FT.

So yeah, I'll be showing myself out...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

45 by nessflamvell1992 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:26 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

50 by amf85 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

33 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 17, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

162 by nyankana »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

82 by Ichigo28582 »»
Jun 29, 2023 4:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.