Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 26, 2021 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, this episode...Kumoko finds out the hard way, in that she's not the only one with cheat abilities. I mean, the Earth Dragon definitely is no pushover but to think that it can also be overwhelmingly powerful.

I didn't mind the CGI this episode though. Got way used to it by now but they made that Earth Dragon look like a legit badass.
Mar 26, 2021 6:56 AM
Jul 2018
damn that fight was very nice, lots of tense moments and very good use of the skills and stuff, kumoko finally out of the labyrinth! also, that demon lord girl is kinda sus... could she be future kumoko? well, this was a really nice first cour, definitely looking forward to see more.
Mar 26, 2021 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
Kumoko vs. the Earth Dragon Araba, in somewhat above-average CGI. That's the biggest haul of challenge that Kumoko has ever faced, and victory is never easily ensured with Vs. magic for cheat abilities, but she made it through thick and thin, fire and the flames.

...but this also means that her actions are caught on by the Demon Lords, and the human world catching onto Kumoko very soon with Shun avenging for Julius while Hugo awaits his time for revenge against Shun.

Time to reach towards the surface? That's gonna bring a lot of implications...

For once, a thoroughly enjoyable episode that showcases the best of Kumoko.

P.S. Episode 13 (start of 2nd Cour) airs 2 weeks later:
https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1375454235609866241
(Edit: Link broken. Fixed)
KANLen09Mar 26, 2021 8:18 AM
Mar 26, 2021 7:00 AM

Feb 2019
Really great finale to the first half of the season. Kumoko v Araba was awesome and really emotional. We’ve never seen Kumoko against the wall so much, yet she was able to overcome it and level up 4 times. This was easily my fave kumoko themed episode. Normally I prefer the human stories, but this was really well done. CGI was slightly above average as well.

So much to look forward to in the next cours. On the human side and kumoko’s side. I can’t wait to learn more about Ariel and the other demons she’s working with.
Mar 26, 2021 7:01 AM
Nov 2018
I was expecting the episode to have at least a few minutes towards moving other plots points. I wasn't expecting the entire thing to be the Araba fight given how the anime hasn't given him much attention.

They did a pretty good job making him seem agile and strong. He still looked kinda janky sometimes.

Overall a good episode.
Mar 26, 2021 7:06 AM
Oct 2016
Kumoko did it! Ending this first cour with a spectacular fight against her earth dragon nemesis Araba! The whole fight had me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what trick she pulled next to counter all the skills Araba had. Things looked dire in the middle when he spent all those skill points just to fight Kumoko specifically. He absolutely saw her as a true threat to use thousands of skill points like that. Kumoko pushing herself beyond what she's thought possible in this fight. Araba was definitely a worthy opponent who went down with his pride. Knowing he was beaten and accepting his loss with his head held high. There's some good teases for what the next cour will bring not only for Kumoko but also for the human side of this story. Happy to see that she has finally made it out of the labyrinth!
Mar 26, 2021 7:06 AM

Jan 2014
RIP Araba. She beat a foe she wanted to climb and beat, I'm proud of her. Though more trouble coming up. Can't wait to see it in this form.
Mar 26, 2021 7:07 AM
Mar 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Really great finale to the first half of the season. Kumoko v Araba was awesome and really emotional. We’ve never seen Kumoko against the wall so much, yet she was able to overcome it and level up 4 times. This was easily my fave kumoko themed episode. Normally I prefer the human stories, but this was really well done. CGI was slightly above average as well.

So much to look forward to in the next cours. On the human side and kumoko’s side. I can’t wait to learn more about Ariel and the other demons she’s working with.
I’m surprised anybody likes the human parts dam
Mar 26, 2021 7:07 AM

Feb 2019
LooselyCarrot said:
Marinate1016 said:

Best part of the show.
Mar 26, 2021 7:08 AM

Jun 2019
I enjoyed the episode. Kumoko has gotten really strong but the Earth dragon was not weak at all. CGI was also not that bad in this episode.
Overall, enjoyed the first cour of the show. Now it's time to see what's there for Kumoko in the outside world.
Mar 26, 2021 7:08 AM
Mar 2021
Probably gonna be at least long time years before I figure out how she becomes a demon lord. I’m not about to read the novels too much work
Mar 26, 2021 7:10 AM

Oct 2017
Whew that was a fierce battle but Kumoko's plan to defeat him using sloth worked. She did it, she beat the boss of the dungeon. Also she's finally outside? Wonder what kind of terror she's gonna spread outside lol.
Mar 26, 2021 7:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow!!! That was a very tough fight for Kumoko against the Dragon, I felt so bad when she was severely injured like that, at least she beat and him and got healed, but sure it was very shocking, now it seems like it's gonna be more interesting for her, and the same for the human part, they're teasing so many things, I can't wait!
Mar 26, 2021 7:19 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So the line the demon lord said about earth dragons is yet further evidence that Kumoko will eventually transform into that. As for the fight, it was filled to the brim with her character and the animation was pretty decent for it being for the most part cg. Hopefully things start picking up in the humans' side soon.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 26, 2021 7:47 AM

Apr 2016
Our dear Kumoko missed the point ... its about living to to your fullest, and once oyur time is up going with the biggest bang in the history of bangs, which Araba did.

Also yeah people are getting so fucking baited by the staff lmao.
Mar 26, 2021 7:51 AM
Mar 2014
MegamiRem said:
She did it, she beat the boss of the dungeon.
You mean to tell us that the final boss ain't her grand mom? Never mind the other dragons?
Mar 26, 2021 7:51 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, this was AMAZING from start to finish. The battle was intense and emotions were high. I even got emotional at the end and was really close to crying. This was damn good

Best episode without a doubt
Mar 26, 2021 7:58 AM

Jan 2021
SolidusDiabolos said:
MegamiRem said:
She did it, she beat the boss of the dungeon.
You mean to tell us that the final boss ain't her grand mom? Never mind the other dragons?

Well, there are mini/sub bosses and main ones.
Mar 26, 2021 8:03 AM
Sep 2020
What was that creature in orange liquid shown near the end? Before kumoko starts to exit the dungeon?
Mar 26, 2021 8:04 AM

Jan 2015
Nayrahsetkum said:
What was that creature in orange liquid shown near the end? Before kumoko starts to exit the dungeon?

Fei evolving in the egg
Mar 26, 2021 8:07 AM
Nov 2017
KANLen09 said:
Kumoko vs. the Earth Dragon Araba, in somewhat above-average CGI. That's the biggest haul of challenge that Kumoko has ever faced, and victory is never easily ensured with Vs. magic for cheat abilities, but she made it through thick and thin, fire and the flames.

...but this also means that her actions are caught on by the Demon Lords, and the human world catching onto Kumoko very soon with Shun avenging for Julius while Hugo awaits his time for revenge against Shun.

Time to reach towards the surface? That's gonna bring a lot of implications...

For once, a thoroughly enjoyable episode that showcases the best of Kumoko.

http://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1375451793002405894

that link's dead. Here's the correct one:

and yes, only on the 9th now. Good to catch up with the manga
Mar 26, 2021 8:20 AM
May 2016
Decent first half, dragged in some spots but kept getting better and Kumoko's seiyuu was excellent throughout.
Mar 26, 2021 8:27 AM

Sep 2019
The animation was pretty bad but I liked what Kumo said to that dragon at the end.

The demon lord was hot when she was lying down.
Mar 26, 2021 8:28 AM

Dec 2010
The battle with Araba was very good, very satisfied with the adaption, much better than the manga cause the great animations and special fx, now there is just another big obstacle before she can leave forever the labyrinth. :D

KANLen09 said:
(Edit: Link broken. Fixed)

Nuuuuu, really? 2 weeks wait... >_>
Mar 26, 2021 8:32 AM
Dec 2017
LooselyCarrot said:
Probably gonna be at least long time years before I figure out how she becomes a demon lord. I’m not about to read the novels too much work

You know that the anime will have 24 episodes, right?
There's going to be a week break, Episode 13 will air in April 9th.
Mar 26, 2021 8:32 AM
Jun 2020
Well, I don't think kumoko is the Demon King, I think he's a friend of Shun.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMar 26, 2021 6:57 PM
Mar 26, 2021 8:37 AM

Aug 2020
Did she have to kill Araba for no reason. She just chose to kill someone to test herself. but this episode was awesome.Wanna see Kumoko show off her skills to the humans.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 26, 2021 8:38 AM
Dec 2015
LooselyCarrot said:
Marinate1016 said:

i agree the humen part is just "normal"? typical? nathing new
i actully feel bad every time we switch to them i say where is my fucking spider
but if we want a story we need them so be it
Mar 26, 2021 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
Hats off to both Kumoko-chan and Araba for allowing us to witness a spectacular fight. Araba deemed her worthy by going all out.
I got a feeling that the moment Kumoko jumped into that light she went to a different part of the labyrinth. XD

The studio is still playing with us about the identity of the Demon Lord.

Too bad there is a week break. The wait will be worth it though.

Mar 26, 2021 8:44 AM

Aug 2016
Pretty good fight, MC's anger at both losing her goal/rival and expecting more from the dragon, I guess.
Fighting to the bitter end, or standing to meet you fate after a battle that pushed you to the brink, both are valid options, a clash of ideals, I guess.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 26, 2021 8:46 AM
May 2016
Truly the best girl
Mar 26, 2021 8:54 AM
Apr 2019
The use of cgi was pretty good ngl, such a great fight to end the first part.
Mar 26, 2021 9:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Araba's ability to improvise really was impressive. Kumoko really had to go all out in order to make it out of there alive. Though Sloth proved effective in the end the battle ended up far more fierce than both parties could have expected. But its interesting seeing Kumoko get so frustrated about Araba giving up that easy. You will think that a creature like Araba would struggle to the last though. Despite having enough power to be named a demon lord Ariel's remanence there was very human of her. Looks like Schlain has managed to awaken his determination to take up the mantle and avenge his brother. Overall a pretty action packed Ep that did well to show Kumoko's long awaited showdown with her nemesis Araba and her graduation from the first area. On the other fronts looks like things are starting to get interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2021 9:42 AM

Feb 2018
MORFOLOMEU said:
Well, I don't think kumoko is the Demon King, I think he's a friend of Shun.

Spoiler tag if you would please. You can't just "I read the manga and..." let people enjoy the show trying to figure things out

Anyway, RIP Araba, you will always be remembered as the true warrior you were.
Mar 26, 2021 9:57 AM

Jan 2020
Excellent battle, sloth did it, although I would like to know about %n and those things because I do not understand those things very well.

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Mar 26, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
this was a great fight.. cgi or nah but it had the impact of the "final boss".. Kumoko is probably one of the few MCs who powered up solely on experience unlike the typical "training arcs"..
So.. if i had to guess either the black haired or the white haired girls are Kumoko.. or maybe both..
I was hoping for some comedy reunion for when Kumoko goes back to her classmate, looks like that's out of the question now.. Also.. Kumoko also becomes serious later on huh..
kinda sed ngl..
Mar 26, 2021 10:32 AM

Dec 2013
That ending reminds me of this confusing yet funny image

I assume the white girl must be Kumoko but it makes me wonder, is Kumoko controlling the demon lord girl like a puppet? or is she just another reborn.
Mar 26, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2020
Hopefully we get more information on this "demon lord". Her character seems interesting and they're hinting that it's Kumoko.
Mar 26, 2021 10:41 AM

Jun 2019
There were aspects about the fight that I really liked and aspects that I did not.

I liked how both Kumoko and Araba kept using smart tactics to combat each other, such as Araba spending skill points to gain abilities Kumoko is weak against and recognizing traps. I also liked how Araba was very honorable in his defeat and ended his own life when he realized he lost the battle, with Kumoko breaking down because that was a luxury she has not had.

I still do not like how bad the sound design is for the fights. It lacks the weight is should, like how does a ground dragon running on rock walls sound like a horse galloping? There were also times that I couldn’t understand what was happening during the fight because of the bad CGI and messy layouts. But one of the things that puzzled me the most was how Kumoko was constantly at low health by the end, yet she kept taking hits and even cut off part of her abdomen while impaled, yet she was able to survive.

Nevertheless, this was one of the best episodes so far for Kumoko’s moment at the end of the fight alone.
Mar 26, 2021 10:46 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
I love how the enemy dragon was also picking up skills during this fight to counter her vice-versa, really cool seeing that it shows that the dragon has brains and is actually using it thinking nice to see👌
This was a jolly good episode the struggle was real, the brutality was real the enjoyment was real, i like seeing characters struggle to win a fight shows how intense and hard of a hurdle it is
YoubamiiMar 26, 2021 10:53 AM

Mar 26, 2021 10:55 AM

Mar 2019
Favorite episode so far, nice.

Mar 26, 2021 10:57 AM
Apr 2018
Blue_Maroon said:
But one of the things that puzzled me the most was how Kumoko was constantly at low health by the end, yet she kept taking hits and even cut off part of her abdomen while impaled, yet she was able to survive.

A few episodes ago do you recall that she got a peservearance skill that allows her to survive even with 0hp as long as she has mana. The mana bar essentially becomes an extension of hp.

Also height of occultism gives her high mana total and regeneration. This combined with the auto regeneration she gained from dealing with the lava zone has made her quite hard to kill.
Mar 26, 2021 10:57 AM

Mar 2021
Blue_Maroon said:
But one of the things that puzzled me the most was how Kumoko was constantly at low health by the end, yet she kept taking hits and even cut off part of her abdomen while impaled, yet she was able to survive.

Its because of the Perseverance skill she got in one of the earlier episodes, when her HP reaches 1 it starts depleting her MP instead just like a second HP bar, and bc she has like over 4k MP, shes able to tank quite a few hits.
Mar 26, 2021 11:05 AM

Jun 2019
CommanderZx2 said:
Blue_Maroon said:

A few episodes ago do you recall that she got a peservearance skill that allows her to survive even with 0hp as long as she has mana. The mana bar essentially becomes an extension of hp.

Also height of occultism gives her high mana total and regeneration. This combined with the auto regeneration she gained from dealing with the lava zone has made her quite hard to kill.

Yeah I remembered that she had something like that but I guess I was being misled by all the times it showed her with almost 0 hp and not showing her mana bar.
Mar 26, 2021 11:10 AM

Apr 2017
Great fight if you don't mind it being CGI and a few hiccups fps here and there. The fight didn't feel that long but in actuality it's pretty fucking long. Felt Kumo's outburst at the end there a bit overreacting though, like, really overreacting to the point of crying? Really?

All in all pretty decent story so far, unique approach on telling the reincarnation story, but I don't get the idea of putting this and that character in the mystery. Like, what's the point of hiding their identity? Like Kumo and the hot sexy demon lord. What's the point of forcing so much red herrings to the point that it make it obvious that Kumo is the white lady with eyes always closed? It seem so pointless to make it so mysterious. There's no payout to these mysterious identities.
Mar 26, 2021 11:12 AM
Apr 2020
Magnificent! Episode of the most incredible, my favorite of this anime and (for me) the best of this season * without counting sequels *, the part of Kumo telling the earth dragon not to give up touched me, I had a couple of tears . The fight was great too, episode 5/5.
Mar 26, 2021 11:15 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Kumoko's finally managed to reach the sunlight, and just in time for half-way through the season! 🥳
Mar 26, 2021 11:18 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Xystus said:
Great fight if you don't mind it being CGI and a few hiccups fps here and there. The fight didn't feel that long but in actuality it's pretty fucking long. Felt Kumo's outburst at the end there a bit overreacting though, like, really overreacting to the point of crying? Really?

All in all pretty decent story so far, unique approach on telling the reincarnation story, but I don't get the idea of putting this and that character in the mystery. Like, what's the point of hiding their identity? Like Kumo and the hot sexy demon lord. What's the point of forcing so much red herrings to the point that it make it obvious that Kumo is the white lady with eyes always closed? It seem so pointless to make it so mysterious. There's no payout to these mysterious identities.

Tbh once you've seen exarm everything after that is a masterpiece, what i saw was straight sakuga lol jokes aside yeah xarm makes other 3D CGI shows look brilliant

Mar 26, 2021 11:20 AM

Aug 2020
I'm glad if she really free and nice cgi battle thou

AhrumMar 26, 2021 11:26 AM

Mar 26, 2021 11:27 AM
Apr 2018
Xystus said:

Depending on far they are planning to adapt in the 24 episodes this mystery rabbit hole will only grow bigger full of twists and turns that no anime only viewer has even guessed at, you'll don't even know a fraction of it. I ain't going to spoil anything, but I hope that they manage to get quite far into the LN story.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.