Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 21, 2021 6:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The power of nullstones huh? Well this episode turned out to be a tense one in terms of storytelling and power. Yui really is no pushover and the goal of trying to bring back Akira almost seems impossible.

Seems this penultimate episode serves as a way of building up for the finale too.
Stark700Mar 21, 2021 6:52 AM
Mar 21, 2021 6:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another really interesting backstory for Akira and Yui's village, it explains why Yui acts like that, damn their condition is really hardcore :/ So now I guess the anime will finish with Akira being rescued by Kabané in the next episode, well also I hope we'll see Kon one more time before it ends xD
Mar 21, 2021 6:57 AM

Jul 2017
The shock on Akira's face that her older brother Yui's treatment would turn out to be a death threat within itself, that's harsh.

More backstory between Akira and Yui, of which the Yuki-okono life would define Yui's life to devour him in a corrupt way, despite Akira being his only salvation, and the revelation that Akira was a Yuki-okono instead of the tradition of the Yuki-onna. So that's why Yui led him to Inugami while Yui held back.

Even if Akira waits for Yui to come back, there's no waiting for Kabane's part to convince him, as desperate as Akira trying to play a feign of ignorance with Kabane to distract Yui, much less Inari-sama with her usual game of pursuing the lifestone, Yui's ice stone in fact that's connected to Kabane's parents.

The impending family revelation of Kabane's that lie with Yui vs. tanuki-kitsune Nobimaru, what a set-up to the finale.
Mar 21, 2021 7:06 AM

Jun 2019
Sleepy Akira was so cute. Got to know more about Akira and his brother's past. Besides being cute and fluffy, that sheep plushy is pretty handy. Looks like Akira went along with his brother after lying to Kabane. Inari is also here.
Yui seems like a nice guy just a little too overprotective of his brother. I wonder what's with the clan of women.
Nobimaru vs. Yui's fight gonna take place in the final episode. Also, seems like Kabane will jump into the show as well.
Mar 21, 2021 7:07 AM
Oct 2016
Yui rages on with his terrible ice. After how last episode ended with Kabane, Inugami and Shiki frozen solid I did wonder how Akira could possibly unfreeze them. Using the salt makes sense considering its used to melt icy roads all the time. Lucky that Kabane also broke free on his own. Akira yelling at Kabane that he didn't care about them at all broke my heart since its obvious he did that to try and protect his friends from Yui. Akira convincing him to leave the ice castle so they could melt. Inari and Nobimaru showing up does add some complications but of course she'd want this nullstone that Yui has. With it being connected to the lifestone that Kabane has I wonder what I can really do, if there's a connection to his parents at all. Hopefully this arc gets wrapped up before the end of the finale next week so we can learn some information about it.
Mar 21, 2021 7:16 AM
Oct 2020
As every episode passes, I feel like Akira is getting more useless
Friend Request?

Mar 21, 2021 7:22 AM

Jul 2020
Kinda feel bad for the brother, the yuuki-onna are honestly she-devils man
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 21, 2021 7:31 AM

Oct 2017
If it wasn't already obvious what Yui was made to do in the village then it's made clear now lol. Thou it wasn't hard to get to the conclusion that he'd be used as a sex toy for the entire village full of women. This would have been all fine if Yui was a harem anime mc thou.
Mar 21, 2021 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty decent episode. kabane development hooray!

God cringe Akira is cringe. The least likable character in this anime imo.

There's been a lack of KON and I don't like it.

I know next week is the last episode but I am PRAYING for a season 2. This anime is that good.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 21, 2021 7:44 AM
Mar 2021
At the start of the Yui/Akira arc I was left unsure of whether I was excited for this particular sequence in the season or not. Thankfully this episode resolved those doubts. It was ideal getting more backstory on Yui and Akira in order to gain more sympathy for their plight. It's clear they had an oppressive upbringing in their village and it will be interesting to see if the season finale touches on what happened after Yui was able to leave. I was also glad to see Inari-san as she had only been introduced and not given any more development and screen time. In the finale I'm hoping to see if we can establish a long-game for her character. Overall this show continues to be a delight to view and I encourage more people to watch it.
Mar 21, 2021 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
i sure i'm just dumb or my head is nothing working right right now, but can anyone tell me what they made yui do??And what was with pee thing. I feel dumb right now, that it's just so embrassing...
Mar 21, 2021 8:04 AM

Sep 2019
I don't know if I got the wrong idea but it looked like the village chief's purpose is to reproduce with those woman and keep the village's population going. I felt really bad for Yui.
Mar 21, 2021 8:37 AM
Mar 2021
minfairys said:
i sure i'm just dumb or my head is nothing working right right now, but can anyone tell me what they made yui do??And what was with pee thing. I feel dumb right now, that it's just so embrassing...

The women used Yui for their sexual desires (they raped yui) And they raped Akira in his sleep so that’s why Yui made Akira leave because he wanted to keep Akira safe.
Mar 21, 2021 8:38 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, great episode today. Akira is Yuki-onoko not onno, the village elders betrayed them both. Lots of reveals, but also some really good voice acting on the part of Akira seiyuu during that scene she screams at Kabane on the way out of the ice castle. Really felt the emotion. “What, you thought I was crying?”

The finale set up for next week is exciting af. Yui vs Tanuki-kitsune. Can’t wait. Really gonna miss this.
Mar 21, 2021 8:40 AM
Dec 2020
lacedthighs said:
minfairys said:

The women used Yui for their sexual desires (they raped yui) And they raped Akira in his sleep so that’s why Yui made Akira leave because he wanted to keep Akira safe.
No, Akira has a wet dream, which means he hit puberty and is ready to be used as a sex slave.
Mar 21, 2021 8:43 AM
Mar 2018
minfairys said:

Maybe you are just very pure, like Akira. Have you been told about the flowers and the bees yet? Unsure if I should take away your innocence, but this is such a strong subtle plot point I want people to know about it.

Basically it's been well established that the Yuuki-onna almost never give birth to males. This makes it very hard to sustain their population, as two female Yuuki-onna cannot bear children. So when a male does come along, he is very precious. He's the only way their population can grow. And so they make him have sex with everyone, all the time, as much as physically possible. No matter if he wants to or not. They basically rape him to death. Yes, it's very grim, and this episode makes it clear they are utterly unapologetic about it.

The thing about Akira's bed wetting, and I love how subtle this is too, is that if that wasn't pee, the implication is that it must have been cum. Yui's realised Akira basically had a wet dream. And if he was capable of that, he was capable of reproducing too. If the female Yuuki-onna found out about that, they would certainly make Akira become "village chief" along with Yui. Akira wouldn't survive that long. So Yui did everything he could to make sure Akira would escape that fate.

Though I wonder if that wasn't more so Akira's innocence ("purity") would be preserved, rather than to save him, exactly. It's clear Yui sees Akira not so much as a brother, or even as a person, but as a reflection of everything he lost to the female Yuuki-onna.
Mar 21, 2021 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
lacedthighs said:
minfairys said:

Bruh wtf... they are fcking kids... now I feel bad for them and I can undertand why yui is like that now
Mar 21, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
yasm said:
minfairys said:

Maybe you are just very pure, like Akira. Have you been told about the flowers and the bees yet? Unsure if I should take away your innocence, but this is such a strong subtle plot point I want people to know about it.

Basically it's been well established that the Yuuki-onna almost never give birth to males. This makes it very hard to sustain their population, as two female Yuuki-onna cannot bear children. So when a male does come along, he is very precious. He's the only way their population can grow. And so they make him have sex with everyone, all the time, as much as physically possible. No matter if he wants to or not. They basically rape him to death. Yes, it's very grim, and this episode makes it clear they are utterly unapologetic about it.

The thing about Akira's bed wetting, and I love how subtle this is too, is that if that wasn't pee, the implication is that it must have been cum. Yui's realised Akira basically had a wet dream. And if he was capable of that, he was capable of reproducing too. If the female Yuuki-onna found out about that, they would certainly make Akira become "village chief" along with Yui. Akira wouldn't survive that long. So Yui did everything he could to make sure Akira would escape that fate.

Though I wonder if that wasn't more so Akira's innocence ("purity") would be preserved, rather than to save him, exactly. It's clear Yui sees Akira not so much as a brother, or even as a person, but as a reflection of everything he lost to the female Yuuki-onna.

Thank you for explaining. I’m might be too innocent as you said but I’m old enough so yeah I’m feeling embrassed now. But now I understand better why yui is like that. But this also saddens me for what they did to yui and akira. This is literally to much and the fact they did that to them as kids. It is really disturbing
Mar 21, 2021 9:06 AM
Mar 2018
minfairys said:
Thank you for explaining. I’m might be too innocent as you said but I’m old enough so yeah I’m feeling embrassed now. But now I understand better why yui is like that. But this also saddens me for what they did to yui and akira. This is literally to much and the fact they did that to them as kids. It is really disturbing

Yup, what I love about this anime is how it looks like your standard shounen on the surface, but if you pay attention it's actually really dark, grim and gory. My favourite literature teacher once said that "adulthood is when you stop trying to convince everyone else you are mature enough". In that sense, this anime is the definition of adulthood.
Mar 21, 2021 9:07 AM
Apr 2020
i really do hope this series gets a second season or more at some point
Mar 21, 2021 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
yasm said:
minfairys said:

Yup, what I love about this anime is how it looks like your standard shounen on the surface, but if you pay attention it's actually really dark, grim and gory. My favourite literature teacher once said that "adulthood is when you stop trying to convince everyone else you are mature enough". In that sense, this anime is the definition of adulthood.

exactly, like since we got shiki's backstory, this serie turned dark. At first i just tought this would be another average anime that's just enjoyable but it proved me wrong and i'm loving it. Now i just want season 2 so bad
Mar 21, 2021 9:19 AM
Mar 2021
I have to say I really like this anime, only thing which I hate is Akira, damn he is so useless and dumb.
Mar 21, 2021 9:36 AM

Aug 2020
So lifestones and nullstones have something to do with Kabanes' parents apparently.
Mar 21, 2021 9:51 AM

Dec 2015
Are coerced sex and rape the only strong drama-driving points in this anime? Anyway... as suspected, Yui's motives aren't so antagonic even though he carelessly freeze those three, and Shiki and Inugami might have died if not for Inugami's thermo technique. Still not sure what to think about him. We got some more Inari being... well, the bitch character she is supposed to be. Kabane not buying any of that shit, Akira.
Mar 21, 2021 11:22 AM

Mar 2017
The revelation of Yui's past made my stomach turn... no wonder he's so cold and unemotional now. I could feel his panic when he realised that Akira had hit puberty too and it broke my heart when he sacrificed himself to try keep Akira safe. I hope he and Akira can happiness and be together the way they used to be!
Mar 21, 2021 11:34 AM

Oct 2017
Well the studio really tone down a lot of stuffs compare to manga to make this serie PG friendly.

They even change some dialogues of what Yui said to tone down the overall rating.

Idk why they want to avoid to discuss about anything sexaul as much as possible, be it dialogue or screen. I mean the ep 1 is pretty graphical already, so why suddenly holding back?
Or maybe they make BD different to match the manga... Who knows..
Mar 21, 2021 11:52 AM

Mar 2020
Damn there was alot of censorship in this episode. In the manga they were using the word sem@n casually tbh and they literally showed bruises on yuis naked body while he was being r@ped by women. However Censor ship was required for that part in all honesty and overall they did a great job at potraying the same and the music oh man it made the experience complete for me the part where yui escapes and was done soo well and tbh want to thank the studio for giving a good adaptation to this story. All in all it was a great episode as always. The next episode is the last damn...
Mar 21, 2021 11:55 AM

Mar 2020
Ventus_S said:
Well the studio really tone down a lot of stuffs compare to manga to make this serie PG friendly.

They even change some dialogues of what Yui said to tone down the overall rating.

Idk why they want to avoid to discuss about anything sexaul as much as possible, be it dialogue or screen. I mean the ep 1 is pretty graphical already, so why suddenly holding back?
Or maybe they make BD different to match the manga... Who knows..
Tbh It was neccessary. You cant use words like sem@n casually in a tv program now can u. Overall they could nt really show yui being assasulted instead made a scene where he was shown drowning in order to tell the same(Tbh that would have caused a uproar)Anyways i am extremely satisfied with the end result of how it was adapted.
Mar 21, 2021 12:03 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, good thing Inugami and Shiki had a good news, there, while Kabane, ofc he couldn't death easily there. Then, ah shit, learning more about Akira's brother past surely was a horrific experience. Already polluted, even at the childhood time, made him uncontrollable and emotionless in the end of the day. Thats why he became so dark, and couldn't handle such an approaching. Then, yeah, stealing that stone sounds pretty understandable idea for getting out of those problem asap. Rip snowy village with all of their desires ....

In one side, Akira overcome his whole feeling toward Kabane, in order to tricked Kabane and ofc his brother. Then they got out of those castle, only to met Nobimaru with all of his pride. Well, the fight surely inevitable within them, cause the kitsune had their own purpose at the middle of those family conflict. Poor Akira being useless again, and well, come on, Kabane. Lets kick some ass again!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 21, 2021 12:06 PM

Jan 2014
Obvious content was cut from the manga((which isn't a bad thing, cause of course they aren't gonna animate that lmao)), but pretty much the village that the two grew up in is really rough in all honesty. Did feel sorry for them, as when you're in that field, it's a matter of no choice sadly. Along with how things are over there, it'd be rough for any male in that village for sure.
Mar 21, 2021 12:18 PM

May 2020
I'm disappointed how little Kon has appeared, she has spent more time in the opening than actual episodes
Mar 21, 2021 12:29 PM

Jun 2020
That’s so messed up. What a sick village doing that to kids. Couldn’t they at least have waited till they were more matured & grown up?? I’m not saying that would be more justified tho. Damn.....completely messed up. Poor Yui!

This entire episode I was just imagining & thinking of Kaito & Ayu voicing & working alongside each other lollllol X)

I love Kemono Jihen & how subtly dark the storytelling is. Anyone knows how are manga sales/viewership/chances of a 2nd season? Hope there would be at least an OVA!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 21, 2021 12:31 PM
Dec 2020
I wish Mihai Florescu had more screen time ...in the future maybe
Mar 21, 2021 12:35 PM

Mar 2016
Ew, the women raped Yui, didn't they? I feel so bad for him. I hope he gets justice. Also, I hope Nobimaru doesn't kill him.

I thought twins went through their puberties together, but Akira seemed to go through his much later than Yui.
Mar 21, 2021 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
Well, that backstory of Yui and Akira was pretty messed up... those women actually slept with Yui, against his will and since Akira went through puberty later, Yui send him away before all the women realizing it.

Yui seems like a good dude, I just wonder why he's acting the way he does now...

Lack of Kon is worrying, probably should read the manga.
Mar 21, 2021 2:31 PM

Jun 2019
Why didn’t Akira just talk to his brother about what he is doing and why he is doing it? He recognizes that his brother still cares for him because he gives him everything he asks for, yet he doesn’t tell him that Kabane & Co are his friends and that he doesn’t want them killed.

The Yuki villiage flashback helps explain some of Akira’s brother’s actions, but they once again shyed away from getting too dark to keep the age ratings lower.
Mar 21, 2021 3:48 PM

Jul 2020
- Can get on social media
- Is better than Google
- Can deliver messages based on heart tones and brainwaves
- Soft and adorable

Shut up and take my money, Mihai lol
Mar 21, 2021 3:52 PM

Dec 2020
a pretty good ep explaining yui and akira's past, we also got to see more of nobimaru's power.

and apparently the yui's past was more dark in the manga? he was r*ped by the whole village because males were rare and they needed to keep the village populated. fucking shit thats awful.
Mar 21, 2021 4:51 PM

Dec 2019
AuRomul said:
Are coerced sex and rape the only strong drama-driving points in this anime? Anyway... as suspected, Yui's motives aren't so antagonic even though he carelessly freeze those three, and Shiki and Inugami might have died if not for Inugami's thermo technique. Still not sure what to think about him. We got some more Inari being... well, the bitch character she is supposed to be. Kabane not buying any of that shit, Akira.

Yh I think all the rape in characters' bacsktories is really forced and unnecessary tbh. I get that the story wants to be established as dark but it's starting to become an edgelord's wet dream
Mar 21, 2021 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
Akira's power is really interesting, that village is strange and I hope it explains more about that village.
Mar 21, 2021 7:01 PM

Oct 2017
HikarusukeV3 said:
- Is better than Google
- Soft and adorable

What if I tell you it can also shoots laser beam?
Mar 21, 2021 7:14 PM
Mar 2015
Headed toward a final battle
Mar 21, 2021 7:51 PM

Dec 2020
I have regrets that I just binged all the eps in one day, and now have to wait a whole week for the last episode.

God this show was brutal. What I don't get is, if men are only born every 100+ years, does this mean they've a long lifespan? They magically survive until a new man is born?
Mar 21, 2021 8:08 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I did not expect this anime to get so dark. These kids are going through some traumatic shit for their age.
Mar 21, 2021 8:51 PM

Oct 2017
KaeraNyu said:
I have regrets that I just binged all the eps in one day, and now have to wait a whole week for the last episode.

God this show was brutal. What I don't get is, if men are only born every 100+ years, does this mean they've a long lifespan? They magically survive until a new man is born?

They milk the same man ever since they hit puberty until they can't produce semen anymore.
That's at least 50~70 years of usefulness.
Mar 21, 2021 9:04 PM

Jul 2020
Ventus_S said:
HikarusukeV3 said:
- Is better than Google
- Soft and adorable

What if I tell you it can also shoots laser beam?

I'll take it a billion times over lol
Mar 21, 2021 9:42 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Damn, Yui had a rough backstory with Akira, he nearly suffered death by snu-snu. Jokes aside, that’s pretty rough stuff, and it’s also the second time we’ve seen an element of rape in the story. Akira having the wet dream was a wake-up wall to get him out of there, and good thing Yui did. Looks like this arc is gonna be a 3-parter, and this show also ends next week, I’ve been enjoying it a lot, pretty good show. I’m with everyone else here on wanting more Kon before it ends lol.
Mar 21, 2021 9:42 PM

Dec 2020
Ventus_S said:

They milk the same man ever since they hit puberty until they can't produce semen anymore.
That's at least 50~70 years of usefulness.

But then, how was the old guy still alive when the twins were kids? And how did the mother of the twins get pregnant if men are only born after 100+ years? Do these people just keep jars of semen frozen about? That'd be a sight, an unpleasant one though.
Mar 21, 2021 10:13 PM
Dec 2020
Great ass episode a lot of action. Can’t believe one left man. There has to be another season announced if not I’ll read manga but there’s still a lot story to be told. I don’t know if this is a good adaptation of the manga but it’s a great ass show.
Mar 21, 2021 11:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Poor Yui :( The twin's village is messed up, and I can see if some viewers think it's too much to have this kind of content twice, especially one after another. I think the mangaka was trying to put in their point across with how humans and kemono can treat each and their own kind badly. Sure it didn't have to be sexual, but I also found it to be an interesting take on yuki-onna (from what I've seen). Traditionally, there are only females and they are more like ghosts than monsters, so I like how there's a village of them and we get an explanation of how the village works.

They did censor the backstory, but I wasn't surprised about it. They were able leave enough hints for the audience to understand, although it's still quite subtle for some. The friend I simul-watch this with had no clue, except that they found it weird about how Akira's not actually peeing in bed part was mentioned at all.

Anyways, if anyone wants to read the backstory, it's chapter 20. Also obligatory comparison of how Yui actually got the "upper hand" on the conversation about letting Akira leave the village:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 7, 2021

97 by GoldenCl0ver »»
Mar 13, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

85 by Oh_MumenRider »»
Mar 9, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ashhk - Jan 17, 2021

105 by silent_lurker »»
Dec 25, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 10, 2021

144 by silent_lurker »»
Dec 25, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Mar 28, 2021

109 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.