Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 19, 2021 9:31 AM

Oct 2014
Yayy we got to see the 10th Demon Army Commander in action. Can’t wait to see more of her as the series progresses.
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Mar 19, 2021 9:31 AM

Jul 2007
Azugot said:
Less humans, more spider!!

what this person said
Mar 19, 2021 9:42 AM

Aug 2020
I was shocked to see Kumo-san having more HP than Araba. But why is she even trying to kill Araba after he spared her twice already. But this episode was great.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 19, 2021 9:46 AM

Jul 2017
One lengthy post in a website's comment section about last episode's 3-tiered timeline (of Kumoko, the Humans and the Demons), and the Taboo Lv. 10 itself is a BIG SPOILERY POINT for LN readers who know what's going on. This is basically like Promised Neverland skipping the Goldy Pond arc, and this show doing the exact opposite.

The adventures of Kumoko in the dungeon Stratums aren't getting any batter for constant bloodbaths between monsters, what a cruel world...but even more so is the Human world with this "white girl" (which is Kumoko in the present day, if the last episode wasn't hinting at facts strewn all over).

The studious sessions of understanding Kumoko a.k.a No Name's increasing abilities of skills, sure that could be seen as the constant one-off, as is with the usual fending off of low-level monsters, except the Earth Dragon Araba.

Indeed, there's a lot to take in for these past 2 episodes for diverging and converging timelines, and it only makes the puzzle piecing more thoughtful about skipped events.
Mar 19, 2021 9:49 AM

May 2015
Naren-kun said:
I was shocked to see Kumo-san having more HP than Araba. But why is she even trying to kill Araba after he spared her twice already. But this episode was great.

Chances are it wont be explained in the anime but just in case
Mar 19, 2021 10:11 AM

Feb 2018
Leo said:
Interesting short backstory about the world. So you need to max out Taboo skill to know all of this. So are the humans killing those with Taboo skill to hide this information?

Is Kumoko the girl in white? And here I thought she was the Demond Lord. The studio really likes the play with the viewers. Is the WN/LN like that as well, to the source readers.

Kumoko is becoming more of a monster with that massacre lol. Now she has to take down Araba, the earth dragon which I'm looking forward to.

oooh the WN is much much worse lol
The contents of Tabboo weren't shown until much later, I'm actually disappointed that they showed even fractions of it. For us it was like, Kumoko got super pissed and decided to do something about it and only at the point where she would have a small chance of actually doing something about it that we got part of the info that was in taboo. Also, the info that it was two different timelines and crucial hints of where/who is Kumoko in the future where given much sooner in the anime.

About your first question, that is a good guess, but to know you have to hide it you have to know what you're hidding, right? It's kind of contradictory...

Anyway, I'm glad the wasps are here! they should have been introduced sooner, but I'm glad that at least Kumoko getting stabbed stayed, it's a shame that they'll skip her fight against the other two dragons tho....

And to all of you anime onlies, welcome to the plot! It only took 11 episodes to get here lol
Mar 19, 2021 10:30 AM
Jun 2019
KANLen09 said:
One lengthy post in a website's comment section about last episode's 3-tiered timeline (of Kumoko, the Humans and the Demons), and the Taboo Lv. 10 itself is a BIG SPOILERY POINT for LN readers who know what's going on. This is basically like Promised Neverland skipping the Goldy Pond arc, and this show doing the exact opposite.

The adventures of Kumoko in the dungeon Stratums aren't getting any batter for constant bloodbaths between monsters, what a cruel world...but even more so is the Human world with this "white girl" (which is Kumoko in the present day, if the last episode wasn't hinting at facts strewn all over).

The studious sessions of understanding Kumoko a.k.a No Name's increasing abilities of skills, sure that could be seen as the constant one-off, as is with the usual fending off of low-level monsters, except the Earth Dragon Araba.

Indeed, there's a lot to take in for these past 2 episodes for diverging and converging timelines, and it only makes the puzzle piecing more thoughtful about skipped events.

Im confused, i havent watched promosed neverland season 2 so reference is has tl get for me. Are you saying youre glad they skipped stuff or wanted it covered- if so what did they skip
Mar 19, 2021 10:40 AM

Nov 2016
An episode dedicated to Kumoko planning how to beat Araba, I'm hyped for the showdown.

So

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 19, 2021 10:48 AM
Dec 2017
poisonedbite said:
WHOA, that was some major,

It's not really a spoiler unless they show
Mar 19, 2021 10:52 AM

May 2015
FMmatron said:
An episode dedicated to Kumoko planning how to beat Araba, I'm hyped for the showdown.

So

Mar 19, 2021 11:02 AM

Aug 2020
I'm getting a lot of signs that this white haired person has something to do with Kumoko.
Mar 19, 2021 11:17 AM

Mar 2016
was worried that the studio would rush things and make the araba fight this episode, so im pleasantly surprised. at least they managed to hype him up here after blowing it in his first appearance
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 19, 2021 11:24 AM

Dec 2013
Taboo is extremely useful, no wonder the religion doesn't want anyone to have it, as per usual they want to keep everyone in the dark, I still have no clue why the teacher doesn't want anyone to power up at all.
Mar 19, 2021 11:39 AM
Oct 2010
I can understand some people's dislike of the human segments, especially as they're focusing on Shun/Schlaine who is the most useless piece of useless trash that has ever been useless. As a WN reader, the side stories that stole the focus away from our adorable spider protagonist were my least favorite even if there ended up being some characters and developments that were pretty interesting.

Fortunately, the anime won't (or at least shouldn't) get into the endgame of the novel series where you'd really get to see just how much a waste of breath Shun is, so be happy!

And Taboo... hooboy, whattamess. I wonder how much of the world's history they'll actually end up covering? That story segment is actually pretty long and involved, it could almost be a season all on its own.
Mar 19, 2021 11:42 AM

Jan 2013
Tarrian said:
I can understand some people's dislike of the human segments, especially as they're focusing on Shun/Schlaine who is the most useless piece of useless trash that has ever been useless.

He is there so I can hope he gets brutally murdered by the spider.

I am certain it is not going to happen, but one can hope.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Mar 19, 2021 11:47 AM

May 2015
Tarrian said:
I can understand some people's dislike of the human segments, especially as they're focusing on Shun/Schlaine who is the most useless piece of useless trash that has ever been useless. As a WN reader, the side stories that stole the focus away from our adorable spider protagonist were my least favorite even if there ended up being some characters and developments that were pretty interesting.

Fortunately, the anime won't (or at least shouldn't) get into the endgame of the novel series where you'd really get to see just how much a waste of breath Shun is, so be happy!

And Taboo... hooboy, whattamess. I wonder how much of the world's history they'll actually end up covering? That story segment is actually pretty long and involved, it could almost be a season all on its own.

Thats funny I actually thought the same thing regarding Shun when I first read the Lns, but after re reading them in anticipation for v11 I actually find the human parts to be pretty interesting. As far as world building my guess is they will make it to
billybubMar 19, 2021 11:52 AM
Mar 19, 2021 11:50 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
An episode building up to Kumoko vs Araba.

I wonder how Kumoko is going to secure the W.
Mar 19, 2021 12:06 PM

Apr 2018
Looks like she is ready to fight Araba the Earth Dragon to gain more power. I wonder if she can do it tho since Araba has insane Stats.
Mar 19, 2021 12:12 PM

Dec 2015
I enjoyed the episode. I thought the dragon vs. the cobra fight was pretty cool, seeing new abilities/skills that the monsters around her have. Since the Phoenix Feather can revive someone when holding it, why didn't the Julius' army have more than just one of them? Shouldn't the key figures in the battle have them as a last resort if something goes awry and they need to give out critical information on the enemy? Anyway, I'm kind of curious to know-how Fei looks like after she evolves. I can't wait to see the next episode -- Spider vs. Dragon. Also, I'm confused with the comments talking about the girl in white.
Mar 19, 2021 12:22 PM
Oct 2010
billybub said:

Thats funny I actually thought the same thing regarding Shun when I first read the Lns, but after re reading them in anticipation for v11 I actually find the human parts to be pretty interesting. As far as world building my guess is they will make it to

Yeah, the sides are important as can be, seeing as

All told I'm enjoying the show. The CGI doesn't really bother me, I've seen worse, and at least the character designs and overall animation is good. Most of all, the spider clan is enjoyably funny and cute.
Mar 19, 2021 12:45 PM

Oct 2017
This anime is getting better and better with each episode, the weird CGI still gets me, but I don't mind it.
Mar 19, 2021 12:54 PM
Dec 2017
Nunbo_Arbur said:
I enjoyed the episode. I thought the dragon vs. the cobra fight was pretty cool, seeing new abilities/skills that the monsters around her have. Since the Phoenix Feather can revive someone when holding it, why didn't the Julius' army have more than just one of them? Shouldn't the key figures in the battle have them as a last resort if something goes awry and they need to give out critical information on the enemy? Anyway, I'm kind of curious to know-how Fei looks like after she evolves. I can't wait to see the next episode -- Spider vs. Dragon. Also, I'm confused with the comments talking about the girl in white.

The Fenix is rumored to be a Legendary (or Mythic depending on the translation) Threat Level monster.

To beat a Monster in the Legendary scale you need a country's full army, the Hero and the Saint to only had a slight chance to kill it.
Mar 19, 2021 1:01 PM

Dec 2015
linkhuesitos said:
Nunbo_Arbur said:

The Fenix is rumored to be a Legendary (or Mythic depending on the translation) Threat Level monster.

To beat a Monster in the Legendary scale you need a country's full army, the Hero and the Saint to only had a slight chance to kill it.

Apparently, the country was able to find and beat the Phoneix in the past, which is why they have a feather. I'm still confused as to why there was only one feather with them during the battle. Does the Phoenix only drop one feather or something, or did the country only have one remaining?
Mar 19, 2021 1:05 PM
Sep 2016
Nunbo_Arbur said:

Because its an extremely rare item and getting them isnt easy, considering how weak human kind is. That kind of rare items usually are national treasures.
Mar 19, 2021 1:07 PM
Oct 2010
Nunbo_Arbur said:

Apparently, the country was able to find and beat the Phoneix in the past, which is why they have a feather. I'm still confused as to why there was only one feather with them during the battle. Does the Phoenix only drop one feather or something, or did the country only have one remaining?

Even if they had a whole bird's worth of feathers, the higher ups would most likely consider them far too valuable for anyone but the hero to have one. Companions are a yen a dozen, even a lot of their upper knights could act as one.
Mar 19, 2021 1:11 PM

Mar 2020
Kumoko is setting her goal real high. Araba The Earth Dragon will be a powerful foe; however, I'm sure Kumoko will come out victories!
Mar 19, 2021 1:34 PM

Jan 2013
Tarrian said:
Even if they had a whole bird's worth of feathers, the higher ups would most likely consider them far too valuable for anyone but the hero to have one. Companions are a yen a dozen, even a lot of their upper knights could act as one.

However, the Hero died in battle, obviously not resurrecting. A new Hero received his perk once the old one dies, presumably immediately, and they know a new Hero was nominated/awoken, etc. since a new hero is King's son. National treasure disappears without a trace. A month after, a supposedly expendable knight appears with the Feather, unharmed. He handles Feather to Shun, a new Hero. As far as the line of inheritance goes, this is perfectly fine, Shun is not only a new Hero, but he is also Siegfried's brother. But why no one else (than Shun) cares why Knight have feather and what happened on the battlefield?
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Mar 19, 2021 2:21 PM
May 2016
Kumoko preparing for fighting the dragon as if it was a boss fight in a video game (which it pretty much is) instead of YOLO'ing it was my favorite part of this episode.
Mar 19, 2021 2:22 PM

May 2015
Good episode overall my only complaint would be
but I guess thats pretty petty in the grand scheme
Mar 19, 2021 2:26 PM
May 2016
billybub said:
Mar 19, 2021 2:31 PM

May 2015
CaeruKohler said:
billybub said:

Mar 19, 2021 2:34 PM

Mar 2010
Spider girl got stronger but so did the dragon, damn I wouldn't have minded if we had more episode with the spider grinding for levels. every battle is real fun.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 19, 2021 2:44 PM
Mar 2015
Ready to fight the earth dragon
Mar 19, 2021 2:49 PM

Apr 2015
Reaching Taboo lvl 10 was quite surprising, that world is fucked. Atleast Kumoko is determined to change it after seeing what she saw.

So glad to see a little of present day Kumoko, even if it was a fast glimpse of her!
Mar 19, 2021 3:11 PM

Aug 2010
Nunbo_Arbur said:
linkhuesitos said:

They haven't necessarily beaten it. It's just a feather. Do you need to die to drop a piece of hair? No.
Mar 19, 2021 3:18 PM

Jun 2019
The good news: they improved the CGI on the ground dragon.

The bad news: it still looks bad.

The sound design during the fight between the ground dragon and the snake was really bad. It was so quiet and empty for two giant monsters fighting each other.

The Shun stuff was kinda whatever, but I’m interested to see how the dragon will look after he formed a pact with it.
Mar 19, 2021 3:31 PM
Dec 2017
beast_regards said:
Tarrian said:
I can understand some people's dislike of the human segments, especially as they're focusing on Shun/Schlaine who is the most useless piece of useless trash that has ever been useless.

He is there so I can hope he gets brutally murdered by the spider.

I am certain it is not going to happen, but one can hope.

Don't worry he's going to get what he deserves soon.
Mar 19, 2021 3:33 PM
Dec 2017
Nunbo_Arbur said:
linkhuesitos said:

You don't need to kill the Phoenix to make him drop some feathers.
I think the same happened with Fenrir, one kingdom tried to kill it a long time ago but they failed. At least they managed to break one of it's claws an made a great sword (Monster Hunter type) with it and right now it's the sacred treasure of that country.
Mar 19, 2021 4:17 PM

Dec 2011
Wow the human side animation is really bad in this episode... Even the animations for the talking scene looks bad and cheap. Now I am a bit worried how the anime will look in the second part later, there will be more humans interactions and human fights and if they continue with this quality I am dread to think what we will see later. Why does all the interesting and popular savage light novels have sub par animations? Overlord, Goblin slayer and now Spider
amc9988Mar 19, 2021 4:21 PM
Mar 19, 2021 4:39 PM

Oct 2019
That "white girl" who killed (per the survivor's account, he might well be an unreliable narrator or a traitor) the Hero had five little red eyes inside each of her eyes -shown for just a couple of frames- beside being able to use the Rot Attack. So she must be someone who apparently started as a spider/taratect and then evolved into a human looking form.

At first I thought she was the girl who had the idiot Hugo Baint turn to the side of the demons but I doubt that's the case. That one (who is also in the Demon Lord's "inner circle" of resurrected students) is listed as "Keren Sophia" here and she's not a spider, she is something else (MAL as usual spoils it).

Therefore either the "white girl" is Kumoko and Kumoko is not the Demon Lord or she is an offspring of Kumoko, or they are the same person (i.e. Kumoko can transform both into the Demon World brat form and into the "white girl" form and perhaps to whatever else she wants) or ... both of them are red herrings (anime-only theories galore.. :p)

Either way, the "white girl" was almost certainly the "Queen Taratect" which was previously mentioned to have attacked and slaughtered everyone at some other castle, except at that time she had her spider form, which is probably her true form.

A great episode overall. I wonder how Kumoko is going to handle the dragon Araba in the next episode.
SharpedonMar 19, 2021 4:43 PM
Mar 19, 2021 4:47 PM
Apr 2020
I was comparing Kumoko's stats with Araba's and while he (I assume Araba is a he) outclasses her in some areas, some of her stats are higher than his so it's definitely going to be an interesting fight, I can't wait! Also, just before Kumoko attacks him at the end, you can see his eyes widen a bit when his face is taking up the whole screen and I wonder if it's because he's appraised Kumko and is surprised at how high some of her stats are?
Mar 19, 2021 5:04 PM

Jan 2021
I like how they have split up the anime in two halv one with the humans and one our beloved spider.

this was another hilarious episode with many great moment and I can't wait to see if the two halves are gonna get connected at some point.
MAL:
Mar 19, 2021 5:30 PM
Sep 2008
Mar 19, 2021 5:36 PM
Sep 2008
billybub said:
Good episode overall my only complaint would be
but I guess thats pretty petty in the grand scheme

Mar 19, 2021 5:39 PM
Sep 2008
So MA Energy is the big bad huh? Wonder what MA stands for.

Since the Hero title passes when the Hero dies, does dying and reviving by Phoenix Feather trigger the title passing? It looks like it might take time for the revival to occur enough for the skill passing to activate?
Mar 19, 2021 5:54 PM

May 2015
swordmaster2551 said:

Since the Hero title passes when the Hero dies, does dying and reviving by Phoenix Feather trigger the title passing? It looks like it might take time for the revival to occur enough for the skill passing to activate?

No the pheonix thing is instantaneous, thats why (I cant remember his name off hand) lived and told how Julius died. The hero title passes down when the previous hero dies. Shun was born with the hero title so when Julius died he got it. The whole pheonix feather thing is kind of a red herring its kinda just there in order to keep the one guy alive, unless it makes a comeback in volumes 11-14
Mar 19, 2021 6:06 PM
Dec 2017

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeJun 2, 2021 2:02 AM
Mar 19, 2021 6:07 PM
Sep 2008
billybub said:
swordmaster2551 said:

No the pheonix thing is instantaneous, thats why (I cant remember his name off hand) lived and told how Julius died. The hero title passes down when the previous hero dies. Shun was born with the hero title so when Julius died he got it. The whole pheonix feather thing is kind of a red herring its kinda just there in order to keep the one guy alive, unless it makes a comeback in volumes 11-14

Alright so it also protected him from the rot attack, the reason I was assuming it took time to revive is because he said he woke up sometime later to find julius' spider scarf assuming he was completely destroyed by the rot.
Mar 19, 2021 6:18 PM

May 2015
swordmaster2551 said:
billybub said:

Alright so it also protected him from the rot attack, the reason I was assuming it took time to revive is because he said he woke up sometime later to find julius' spider scarf assuming he was completely destroyed by the rot.

No he died, but was revived within a short amount of time. Thats what the whole blacked out thing was. Like I said the pheonix feather thing us more or less a plot device, so far as I can tell. It may show up later in the Lns but as of v10 it hasnt. Like I said dont pay it much mind
Mar 19, 2021 6:25 PM
Sep 2008
billybub said:
swordmaster2551 said:

No he died, but was revived within a short amount of time. Thats what the whole blacked out thing was. Like I said the pheonix feather thing us more or less a plot device, so far as I can tell. It may show up later in the Lns but as of v10 it hasnt. Like I said dont pay it much mind

I know he died, I was asking if the revival from the feather was instantaneous or not, first you say instantaneous, now you say a short amount of time lol. Anyways, I said it protected him from the rot attack because by his own words the rot attack reduced things to dust. If it didn't protect him, then there would have been nothing left for the feather to revive.

I was kinda hoping it was a fakeout actually, like if this dude actually ran away and came back to find the scarf and the feather. Just made up the story of him using the feather so he didn't seem like a coward. Would actually be interesting instead of welp Julius is dead. Less screen time than Shun, infinitely better Julius.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

370 by Youtube_Zero »»
May 9, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.