Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 9, 2021 12:34 PM
Oct 2019
The Engrish dialogue is hilarious
Feb 9, 2021 1:39 PM
Jul 2013
what the fuck was that writing. That was the dumbest ep so far. It felt like the two MCs suddenly lost all braincells. You've had experience with this world and yet you still fall for its tricks (the phone call) and not take advice (using the phone)? They ate their rations, never bothered to even help them and then ran away leaving the soldiers for death even tho they clearly saw how much those guys went through. Damn this ep made me rly not want to root for the MCs anymore, fuck them. And i dont accept the explanation well they clearly wanted to kill them. It only happened at the end and the MCs NEVER throughout the whole ep even entertained the idea of helping those people, i honestly cant believe it.
Feb 9, 2021 2:45 PM

Apr 2015
IBloodstormI said:
CeddyyBearr said:

That's creepy as hell and let's say this is actually based on this Japanese urban legend you mentioned, I wonder how many other things in this Otherside are actually based on urban legends. Japan has a lot of them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they included a lot more of those in here.

At the end of the novel the author actually explains the urban legends and where they found them. I found it pretty interesting. Author did a lot of research on that stuff, from what it seemed. Not that we can tell from this adaption.

I need to check that out then, cause that sounds really promising. Would be a fascinating read. Thanks!
Feb 9, 2021 3:08 PM

Jan 2018
Mika-taicho said:
what the fuck was that writing. That was the dumbest ep so far. It felt like the two MCs suddenly lost all braincells. You've had experience with this world and yet you still fall for its tricks (the phone call) and not take advice (using the phone)? They ate their rations, never bothered to even help them and then ran away leaving the soldiers for death even tho they clearly saw how much those guys went through. Damn this ep made me rly not want to root for the MCs anymore, fuck them. And i dont accept the explanation well they clearly wanted to kill them. It only happened at the end and the MCs NEVER throughout the whole ep even entertained the idea of helping those people, i honestly cant believe it.

This is a byproduct of them shuffling arcs but not really changing them. This happens right after Hasshaku-sama in all other versions of the story, so they really haven't figured much out at this point.

As for the MCs, as Toriko mentioned in the Time-Space Man episode, she is actually pretty shy with people, and Sorawo is also mentioned to be very apathetic toward people in the same events.
Feb 9, 2021 6:08 PM

Oct 2008
that phone call was creepy! sound like voices of inhabitants from hell.
how the hell did they got an M14 EBR !?!?
4/5.

Feb 9, 2021 7:12 PM

Apr 2018
The military is kinda sus ngl.

This was the most thrilling episode, and honestly pretty good. It was really creepy when they got their phone to work and that creepy msg came up.

I wonder where they are? looks like they are on some island.
Feb 10, 2021 1:14 AM

Jul 2017
Part 2 of Arc 3: Station February / Kisaragi Station

"Where The Wild Things Are", anime version. Continuing from last week, Sorawo and Toriko's escape to a U.S. military camp, the truth of the matter is just like the creepypasta itself.

"No phones are allowed to be used." And yet, logic is lost when both girls tried to use it to contact Kozakura, and it transformed to be a creepy-ass invitation call to the wild things to their location.

The faces with the cow though, that was kinda anti-climatic, but The Meat Train being their only way out, any possibility is a good opportunity. Getting it out on a stranded island, that was a decent end.

The creepiest episode so far, but this was done decently well.
Feb 10, 2021 4:18 AM
Dec 2019
I'm not even gonna deny it, this was pretty good. It managed to keep the tension properly without losing the atmosphere and character synergy. Even with the good things, the English was a dumpster fire. I was massively disappointed with the censored train ride (the meat and potatoes got cut), and in general, the military's English sucked a huge gaping ass.
Feb 10, 2021 5:57 AM

Oct 2017
That phone call was the most interesting part of this episode. Wonder why it become such a freaky call. Is someone trying to send them some sort of message through it?
Feb 10, 2021 7:56 AM
Jan 2021
Mika-taicho said:

Sgt. Greg wanted to kill them from the start, and the rest of the soldiers seemed pretty hostile. It was only the two officers keeping them safe. Now that Sorawo's eye was exposed, the officers might change their minds, or lose control.

Also, "nothing to help them" because taking out the cow/face dogs is nothing?
Feb 10, 2021 7:41 PM
Dec 2019
dark-chaos said:
compare to manga this adaptation really trash, they didn't show what exactly happened on the train
I feel sad every time I read the manga and look how much they remove and hide things
True. The train was overly censored and didn't carry the amount of suspense it could have. It was incredibly underwhelming for me to watch, having read the associated manga chapters.
Feb 10, 2021 7:44 PM
Dec 2019
Mikelaaaa said:
It literally sounds like a bunch of Japanese people struggling to sound English. Some of it sounded Russian. I actually lost it when the soldiers yelled "Fire!"
Feb 10, 2021 8:15 PM

Jul 2016
Greg being like the worst subordinate ever lol.

Also yay, MCs once again not giving a shit about the guys they left behind. Those soldiers will most likely meet a pretty gruesome fate but who cares, we got a bit more yuri this episode.
Feb 11, 2021 9:38 AM
Oct 2019
Desmondus said:
Mikelaaaa said:
It literally sounds like a bunch of Japanese people struggling to sound English. Some of it sounded Russian. I actually lost it when the soldiers yelled "Fire!"

Pretty much like that, in some anime that kind of pronunciation is done for the sake of comedy , but clearly wasn't the case here.
Feb 11, 2021 12:56 PM
Apr 2015
IBloodstormI said:
AnimeFanservice said:

Oh as a manga and LN reader, I can tell you now this is not Yuri bait. It is 100% Yuri and it's one of the best slow burns I've ever read.

I know, just feels that way right now, lol, especially because of the anime. I am working through volume 2 of the ln right now.

Why any anime adapt novel become bad ?
Do adaptation novels is so difficult ?
Feb 11, 2021 4:49 PM
Dec 2019
Mikelaaaa said:
Desmondus said:

Pretty much like that, in some anime that kind of pronunciation is done for the sake of comedy , but clearly wasn't the case here.
yeah. It really gets to my nerves when something doesn't get enough budget, but I think this could have been better if they tried. Same with the CG, it was like they couldn't be bothered trying.
Feb 11, 2021 4:51 PM
Dec 2019
TGAvi said:
IBloodstormI said:

I know, just feels that way right now, lol, especially because of the anime. I am working through volume 2 of the ln right now.

TGAvi said:
IBloodstormI said:

I don't think it's that hard. But Adachi Shimamura was a novel adapted beautifully, only by a different studio. I think Ura Sekai just had the wrong people working on it, possibly a lower budget too.
Feb 12, 2021 8:57 AM

Jun 2016
damnn.. when they at the train , that is creepy me out !!!

this interesting. and what happen next with the army ??
Feb 12, 2021 10:25 PM
Jan 2021
Desmondus said:

I don't think it's that hard. But Adachi Shimamura was a novel adapted beautifully, only by a different studio. I think Ura Sekai just had the wrong people working on it, possibly a lower budget too.

AdaShima is probably easier to adapt, though. Like with UraSekai, you have each main chapter (File) as it's own self-contained story which is part of a larger whole. So each file's adaptation has to make sense or else get dropped completely. Thus we get stuff that's either rushed feeling (first 2 eps) heavily cut (4th) or stretch files into 2 parts (5&6), which eats up your episode count really fast (if they gave every file 2 eps, we'd end mid volume 2). You're also balancing two overall narratives; the otherside exploration narrative and the SoraTori relationship narrative. You can't cut too much from the first without things not making sense, and there's comparatively little time devoted to the relationship narrative in the first place (at least in the early volumes) so you can't really cut anything from there.

AdaShima is all one single, flowing narrative, so it's easier to pare down without losing too much. Iirc, you do lose a fair bit of Shimamura's perspective, and some of Adachi's internal panic/awkwardness; however, you still get enough of both of those for the story as a whole to work.

That's not to say budget isn't an issue, but I think there are more challenges with Urasekai as well.
I_am_nemoFeb 12, 2021 10:28 PM
Feb 12, 2021 11:45 PM
Dec 2019
I_am_nemo said:
Desmondus said:

AdaShima is probably easier to adapt, though. Like with UraSekai, you have each main chapter (File) as it's own self-contained story which is part of a larger whole. So each file's adaptation has to make sense or else get dropped completely. Thus we get stuff that's either rushed feeling (first 2 eps) heavily cut (4th) or stretch files into 2 parts (5&6), which eats up your episode count really fast (if they gave every file 2 eps, we'd end mid volume 2). You're also balancing two overall narratives; the otherside exploration narrative and the SoraTori relationship narrative. You can't cut too much from the first without things not making sense, and there's comparatively little time devoted to the relationship narrative in the first place (at least in the early volumes) so you can't really cut anything from there.

AdaShima is all one single, flowing narrative, so it's easier to pare down without losing too much. Iirc, you do lose a fair bit of Shimamura's perspective, and some of Adachi's internal panic/awkwardness; however, you still get enough of both of those for the story as a whole to work.

That's not to say budget isn't an issue, but I think there are more challenges with Urasekai as well.
fair. I think urasekai needs more budget and/or episodes to actually be successful. right now it just isn't as good as it possiblity could be.
Feb 13, 2021 1:02 AM
Jan 2021
Desmondus said:
fair. I think urasekai needs more budget and/or episodes to actually be successful. right now it just isn't as good as it possiblity could be.

Yeah, I definitely agree there. Would have liked to see 24 eps so they could do 2 eps/arc up through vol 3, + budget to match.

Such is life, I guess.
Feb 14, 2021 8:02 AM

Dec 2016
They could have explained to the military guys about the eye, if not all at least Suwabe-san's character would definitely understand. And I wish they helped them in getting out too...

That phone call, yeah I would be creeped out too and I don't even talk on phone that much XD
Feb 15, 2021 7:37 AM

May 2011
I_am_nemo said:

Also, "nothing to help them" because taking out the cow/face dogs is nothing?

I'd say nothing cause wasn't the phone call the reason the monster went to the base in the first place? So it's less "helping" and more of "taking responsibility" for their screw up. Cause honestly, I agree that was the dumbest thing ever since the guy literally told them not to use the phone and they just went "oh you know what? let's use our phone!"
Feb 15, 2021 4:03 PM

Mar 2009
These last two episodes have been great.
Feb 16, 2021 4:53 AM
Dec 2019
Mormegil said:
yeah. i don't know if that was sarcastic but these episodes made me laugh so hard i almost had a stroke
Feb 19, 2021 12:43 PM

Mar 2009
Desmondus said:
Mormegil said:
yeah. i don't know if that was sarcastic but these episodes made me laugh so hard i almost had a stroke

I'm usually very sarcastic on this forum, but not this time. I found these last two episodes to be genuinely creepy and unnerving. Overall, I really liked them. Although, yeah, the English was silly.

I haven't read the novels, by the way.
Feb 19, 2021 5:28 PM
Dec 2019
Mormegil said:
Desmondus said:

I'm usually very sarcastic on this forum, but not this time. I found these last two episodes to be genuinely creepy and unnerving. Overall, I really liked them. Although, yeah, the English was silly.

I haven't read the novels, by the way.
the novels are better but this is fine.enjoy yourself.
Feb 20, 2021 5:25 AM

Jun 2007
i really like the atmosphere. felt bad for the soldiers.. would have been better without that sudden rifle outta nowhere like what. Toriko is a goddam magician i guess lol
matias067 said:
how the hell did they got an M14 EBR !?!?

right??
Desmondus said:
Mikelaaaa said:

*yells* yes! yes! we did it!
lmao but you are flattering russians really... ahaha these VAs really tried hard though it wasn't enough. bless their hearts
see you, space cowperson . . .
Feb 27, 2021 9:34 AM

Dec 2018
My little angels manage once again to escape .And there were a lot of flirting and touching between the lesbian lovebirds . Awwwwwwwwwwww they are so fucking cute together! The lesbians should kiss,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

More and more Yuri for every episode. I fucking love it

Mar 27, 2021 7:48 PM

Aug 2007
I find it strange that Kozakura did not pick up the biblical reference in 'Pale Horse'. It's about as obvious as calling themselves 'Death squad'.

Apr 4, 2021 8:19 AM

Apr 2015
Not exactly clever, are they?
Jul 12, 2021 10:49 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another thrilling episode. That phone call was so creepy.
Aug 3, 2021 12:38 AM

Jul 2015
Really stupid of Toriko and Sorao to call when told not too causing them to expose their abilities, at least they made it out of there. Although they were incredibly shady, I kinda feel sorry for the army left behind in that world. Kinda disappointed they didn't show what was on the train.

Dec 13, 2021 4:15 AM
Feb 2021
Good amount of interaction, they actually made the phone call CREEPIER and i LOVED it kozakura's va was hamming it up something spectacular, kind of wish that they had done the sans undertale flare in sorawo's eye and this is kinda when it hit that the show is very good at dread but not all that good at urgency. Also, why not More Monkey?
Dec 25, 2021 1:24 AM

Nov 2019
bruh what's with the logic in this episode:

- sorawo and toriko are told not to use their phones by a soldier but they use it anyway and the monsters find out their camp location.
- sorawo and toriko are told not to move outside the battle is about to start but they leave the tent anyway
- toriko already makes it known that she wished she carried a gun with her after dinner before they teleported but somehow she assembles an m14 ebr from her backpack.
- Seems like they trip and fall like every horror film
Dec 26, 2021 12:41 AM

Oct 2017
They're really applying the art of not giving a f***
Also it might be more creepier if the meat train is actually made of meat/flesh

Jun 2, 2023 4:14 AM

Dec 2022
Oke they were able to get to a safe place with the power of trust and yuri

Also was that a frickin monke at the train?
Sep 14, 2023 9:21 AM

Feb 2009
it makes sense that the military would be super wary given how long they've been there and what they've been through. It would be more silly of them to be not cautious about random civilians showing up in there suddenly when no one else has shown up.

Also, the transition from the military dude telling them not to use phone to them immediately using one is some clown shit. I can see how the plot would develop into them eventually using one, but immediately without any reason? Such blatant ignorance just makes them look stupid. Really bad writing there, not sure if that is an anime adaptation fault or if the source is just as bad. Also, some people here are saying the girls saved them when the girls were literally the cause of the problem to begin with is also some clown shit.

Also, no wonder the military is super sus of them, they have continued to ignore the advice and even stole a gun lol Even if it was to fight the thing that they summoned themselves, it's obviously super sus when some civilians you brought into the camp suddenly takes one of your guns and starts shooting it. This is after they were explicitly asked to not aggravate the soldiers who were obviously already high strung from dealing with supernatural shit beyond their understanding...I'm surprised they weren't shot on the spot honestly
EinTheVarianceSep 14, 2023 9:32 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

70 by wildhood »»
Apr 16, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2021

88 by EinTheVariance »»
Sep 13, 2023 4:52 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

88 by WatchTillTandava »»
Sep 5, 2023 6:00 AM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 4, 2021

213 by GrandMarquis »»
Sep 1, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2021

72 by Ayonimarui »»
Jul 24, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.