Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2021 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's kinda creepy just realizing those demons in disguise walking around like that. Looks like the kids are having a more difficult time to survive and find a place to live in.

I think this episode reinforces the idea tha nowhere really is safe and that the kids are always in danger, especially when they don't have a safe place to stay in. At least they have characters like Emma and Ray in charge to survive.

Feb 4, 2021 10:04 AM

Dec 2020
EPISODE 5 SPOILER WARNING

I love this episode so much, not only because they brought back norman "best character" big brain, but because they showed why demons need humans to survive with the sick girl. Favorite episode so far, taking the place of episode 2.
ylwjcktsFeb 4, 2021 10:26 AM
Feb 4, 2021 10:13 AM
Jun 2015
This anime original bullshit. Yoh I'm currently reading the manga and its obviously much better. Done. Theres no saving this series now. Completely fucked. Score should be a 6. And shame on the writer for allowing this. Absolute garbage.
Feb 4, 2021 10:23 AM

Jul 2019
So halfway through the episode. and ngl I don't mind this new idea of moving from place to place constantly, it might bring around something better.

Ayo, they found Norman! But holy damn they skipped a ton of the manga lmao, this is literally like half the story gone lmao!
NextUniverseFeb 4, 2021 10:49 AM
Feb 4, 2021 10:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The infiltration in the demon world was really tense but damn Norman at the end?! (well it was to expect xD), things are going to be even more interesting now... I can't wait for the next episode
Feb 4, 2021 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
pretty long timeskip, they taking shelter in some old temple type thing now. that old demon guy looked pretty chill, funny how he doesn't realize that they're humans too lol. also damn, didnt expect that guy to be a demon but didn't think it'd be norman either. regardless, looks like they're safe for now...
Feb 4, 2021 10:29 AM
Nov 2020
They rushed the crap out of it read the freaking manga.
Feb 4, 2021 10:33 AM
Feb 2021
It was good detailing
Feb 4, 2021 10:34 AM

May 2017
I knew he wasn't dead! thank god I missed him. Things should become interesting now. I heard that next week will be a recap due to production issues.
Feb 4, 2021 10:38 AM
Mar 2018
Even though I'm an anime only dude it DOES feel like they skipped on a lot of (important?) stuff.
Feb 4, 2021 10:40 AM

Apr 2019
So they skipped the whole godly pond arc, lmao?

Feb 4, 2021 10:40 AM

Apr 2019
SaurabhCharde said:
Even though I'm an anime only dude it DOES feel like they skipped on a lot of (important?) stuff.
they skipped like 30 or 40 chapters

Feb 4, 2021 10:41 AM
Aug 2017
Bruh at least if they want to make an original plot, make it original. This is just cut content.
Feb 4, 2021 10:41 AM
Oct 2016
Thrilling episode even with us well off the rocker after it was over. Bringing Norman back this early is interesting for sure but it definitely adds to the already prevalent changes. Very far off from how Norman returns in the manga but lets see how it goes. I'm interested in the characters behind him and if they're gonna keep manga characters for them. Despite this episode being what it was I enjoyed it. Edge of my seat the whole time they were running from those two demons. The whole episode I held my breath with that chase scene and the elderly demon coming into where the kids were staying. Big moves from the anime having a major character like Norman back so differently, see where it goes.
Feb 4, 2021 10:42 AM

Jul 2017
The skip is real. They really going for an anime original eps with this HUGE skipping. But I don't think it will be nowhere near as good as the real manga story. From the looks of it so far.

These last 2 episodes kinda disappoint me, as a manga reader. I'm fine with going anime originals but yeah, but don't mix it like this. Feels rushed, confusing, and degrading the manga story parts of it.

But feels glad they found Norman. At the very least.
Feb 4, 2021 10:45 AM
Aug 2017
Aikotoba said:
The skip is real. They really going for an anime original eps with this skipping. But I don't think it will be nowhere near as good as the real manga story. From the looks of it so far.

But feels glad they found Norman. At the very least.

I was pretty excited when they go original imo the manga have some flaws but this, this is just rushing it.
Feb 4, 2021 10:46 AM

Sep 2019
So are we seriously not going to see Golden pond? We did a time skip very fast and we don’t even know what happen in that year
Feb 4, 2021 10:46 AM

Jan 2016
damn, that was an unexpected timeskip. Pretty good episode tho, loved seeing the demon town and the old demon guy. Honestly, it's not like the demons are that bad, it seems that some of them need human meat to cure some disease(?), so it's not like they are very morally wrong. Also, Norman??? I expected for him to come back some time, but not this fast. pretty funny seeing manga readers rage just because it skipped an arc even though it's still good lol
Feb 4, 2021 10:53 AM
Mar 2018
pint said:
SaurabhCharde said:
they skipped like 30 or 40 chapters

Damn. This is yet another Tokyo Ghoul √A.
Feb 4, 2021 10:59 AM
Jan 2020
ffs. one: no Yuugo two: wtf was that face reveal. no tension at all imo.

yay another Tokyo ghoul root A.
even doing a recap for episode 6 cuz of production problems.
at least if its going to be an original, please don't rush it.
Feb 4, 2021 11:00 AM
Oct 2020
It felt like I skipped a bunch of episodes when I started this one... I was expecting it to start with them escaping the soldiers in the forest but nope, it just skips 6 months ahead and doesn’t explain anything that happened. I’m gonna read the manga at some point since I heard it’s a lot better than the anime, at least season 2
Feb 4, 2021 11:00 AM

Oct 2020
Woah random ass time skip lol. Also wtf Norman. Him being "dead" didn't last very long. I wonder if he's in some special group of humans living in the demon world

Was really cool seeing how all the kids had adapted their living around the situation they're in. This episode also did a really good job of ironically humanizing the demons. It layers the story and I appreciate it.
Feb 4, 2021 11:05 AM
Jul 2020
honestly I hated it and it made me angry I don't like the direction that they are taking it in and I don't get why they skipped a whole year and left out important characters to the plot
Feb 4, 2021 11:09 AM
May 2015
Well that was a very random time skip... lol. It really feels like there's no saving this anymore. Again, I've never read the manga, but it really just feels like they're stampeding right through the story and I don't really get to soak in their true experience and feelings since leaving Grace Field... oh well
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Feb 4, 2021 11:10 AM

Aug 2020
i hate this already. they really made Norman's sacrifice in season 1 look like bullshit. I was kinda hoping the demons in the end was Yuugo lol. Well I guess they did mention that someone was attacking the farms.

I love how they did not show what happens after the bunker explodes. I love how they just all survived going through the forest full of demons. I love how the pursuers never got to them. I love how they only smelled the humans now.

mannn I really had hopes for this.
dompsterfireFeb 4, 2021 11:13 AM
Oct 2020
Colin333333 said:
It felt like I skipped a bunch of episodes when I started this one... I was expecting it to start with them escaping the soldiers in the forest but nope, it just skips 6 months ahead and doesn’t explain anything that happened. I’m gonna read the manga at some point since I heard it’s a lot better than the anime, at least season 2
Kt actually skips like 11 months. Gilda was saying that nothing of note happened in the last 6 months.

Aug 2013
So demons need to eat humans to cure some disease.

Good to see Norman again.

Dec 2014
Pretty huge skip, I was a little confused after the way the last episode ended.

I do really like the new setting, this is all new to me since I haven't read the manga upto these parts yet. The chase sequence against the demons was pretty nice, though I am curious how they are masking their scent as humans. Is it just unnoticeable because of the public environment? Why didn't that old demon catch on?

Norman reveal at the end was awesome, I was curious who it was but damn that was awesome.
Feb 4, 2021 11:12 AM
Aug 2020
WHY R WE GOIN SO FAST WHAT IS HAPPENING I HATE IT HERE

Dec 2014
Holy shit that was such a good episode. The chase from the demons was intense and what a ending. I knew we would see Norman again eventually, but I didn't expect it to be this early on. Can't wait to see what happens next. Gutted to hear next week will be a recap episode especially as this season will only have 11 episodes.

Nov 2013
WTF? At this pace they'll end the story this season!
Feb 4, 2021 11:15 AM
Jan 2013
Ok so they clearly cut out whole arc and are going straight for the ending.
It's not like story can't be good without this arc because it looks like nothing really important will be missing (in some way) but it's still a lot of really cool stuff.
And I will be missing this cool stuff that was cut out.
Feb 4, 2021 11:16 AM
Jan 2021
Spoilers!

I was eating diner and just watched ep 3 and 4, when I saw the update bar like ‘tpn ep 5’ and I almost screemed from happyness that I wouldn’t have to wait longer, tho I haven’t read the manga, I loved this even tho the spoilers with ‘Norman isn’t dead’, I still had managed to cry when Emma and Ray found him! 10/10! Absolutely loved it!! <3
Feb 4, 2021 11:20 AM
Mar 2018
I'm an anime only, so I went into this not knowing a thing, I only found out about the anime original stuff on ep 3, obviously it didn't effect me since I haven't read the manga. So I didn't think much of it at the time, manga authors sometimes change things in the anime they weren't happy with, and I have enjoyed every ep, but, this one, I don't know how to feel about it. I'm left kinda confused, and apparently some people are saying they've skipped all the way to the "final battle arc"? And have skipped upwards to 50 chapters? Like, the manga is done, it's not like they need to make new stuff because they caught up to where the manga is at, everything is there. For the first time with this show I kinda feel, disappointed sadly, I knew this wasn't going to be like the first season, I knew that going in, but I'd heard this season would still be really good, and now I'm reading that most of the really good arcs have been completely cut?
I'm still sticking with it, but I'm not so confident with this season anymore than I was 2 episodes back.
I still hold out hope, but we'll have to wait and see what they do, I'm still interested to see what happens, but I am much more nervous about it all now
Feb 4, 2021 11:22 AM

Apr 2019
Garbage, what a joke. So utterly disappointed.

Feb 4, 2021 11:41 AM

Jun 2019
I don’t have as much of a problem with this season as manga readers do. Yeah I think the 6 month time-skip or so was a little disappointing because we didn’t get to see how the children survived in that time, but it isn’t a deal-breaker. I enjoyed the moment with the old demon in the temple and the part showing that the demons need human meat to survive.

The smaller kids got discovered immediately when they left, which wasn’t unexpected. But it was surprising to see Norman pop up again. They are going to have to explain that one.
Feb 4, 2021 11:42 AM
Feb 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
WTF? At this pace they'll end the story this season!
I'm pretty sure they're ending it after this season so yikes

Jul 2017
I expected a lot worse from this episode to be honest, although admittedly, the charm of the show is pretty much lost by this point. It was still pretty mediocre at best without really having much exciting stuff or mysterious/horror elements to ponder or get thrilled over, but at least there is some effort with the world building and showcasing of their daily lives while trying to adapt to the demon world surroundings rather than completely run away from it again. The Norman reveal though did happen in a pretty odd, anticlimactic way and to be honest, way too quick for its own good, making the whole sacrifice of him and emotional moment of him leaving the orphanage in the past feel a bit let down as a whole. It was not the worst episode by any means compared to a lot of the other bullshit shows I'm seeing, but definitely a more tame, and kind of dull approach taken from this show with the direction from looks of things. Time skip definitely was too fast too, so they're really pushing to end the anime by this season from looks of things.

I'm not gonna try and compare the manga elements to this since it is an original direction and I'm not gonna bother complaining about how the manga cut Goldy Pond and other better arcs for this direction for each and every episode. Judging it mainly for how its presenting its own thing while comparing with how the first season went by too. Even if the direction so far is looking poor, still want to see how the anime does its own thing.
animejasFeb 4, 2021 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
Well....that happened lol. I don't really know what to say, things are just so ridiculously different that I have no comment. All I can do at this point is chuckle, shake my head, and just move on and wait for the next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 4, 2021 11:44 AM

Dec 2019
ah i didnt think they would skip that much lol, like i knew they were skipping the goldy pond arc but like idk T^T anyways was fun to see norman again T^T
Feb 4, 2021 11:45 AM
Dec 2020
This Norman/Ray/Emma reunion was cheap, no emotion, no tension, nothing. They just wanted to bring back n1 fav character on screen as quick as possible. This is so rushed.
Also timeskip Norman in the manga was lit, but I guess we won't see it.

I'm kinda disappointed though I still hope it'll get better in two weeks.
Feb 4, 2021 11:46 AM
Feb 2019
shane_nichols said:
This anime original bullshit. Yoh I'm currently reading the manga and its obviously much better. Done. Theres no saving this series now. Completely fucked. Score should be a 6. And shame on the writer for allowing this. Absolute garbage.

what do u think he could do, writers are known for having no say
Feb 4, 2021 11:48 AM
Apr 2016
RobinTheKing said:
damn, that was an unexpected timeskip. Pretty good episode tho, loved seeing the demon town and the old demon guy. Honestly, it's not like the demons are that bad, it seems that some of them need human meat to cure some disease(?), so it's not like they are very morally wrong. Also, Norman??? I expected for him to come back some time, but not this fast. pretty funny seeing manga readers rage just because it skipped an arc even though it's still good lol
I mean, if you read the manga, things a way better explained, make way more sense, way better paced, and they legitimately cut the beloved arc in the manga and completely wrote out some of the best characters in the series. The disappointment manga readers are feeling is 100% justified.

Personally I disagree with it still being good even from the perspective of it not comparing it to the manga
Jul 2018
This will give lots of people a reason to go read the manga, maybe this was their ploy all along, to make it go down in quality in hopes people who loved it would just go to reading the manga

Like S1 was a great 9/10

And S2 currently is a 7 but I feel it could drop to a 6

Mar 2020
Sing it boys! ♪┌|゚з゚|┘ ♪

Feb 4, 2021 11:49 AM

Nov 2013
@Sxsh1xxl This reveal was so much more strong in manga :(

@Filmlord - Most of us, manga readers, expected some changes here and there, but this season took a very different path. They skipped like 60-70% of the remaining story, and I'm afraid they'll compress the remaining 15% (100-70-15% of the first season) in just 5 episodes!!! Considering how ep6 is a RECAP!

This is so very sad, it's like they're rushing the story for the sake of getting rid of it as quickly as possible. Makes you wonder why they even bothered to make a second season with such attitude!
Feb 4, 2021 11:49 AM
May 2018
they really said fuck yuugo , goldy pond arc and 40~ chapters of the manga
Feb 4, 2021 11:54 AM
Mar 2018
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
@Sxsh1xxl This reveal was so much more strong in manga :(

@Filmlord - Most of us, manga readers, expected some changes here and there, but this season took a very different path. They skipped like 60-70% of the remaining story, and I'm afraid they'll compress the remaining 15% (100-70-15% of the first season) in just 5 episodes!!! Considering how ep6 is a RECAP!

This is so very sad, it's like they're rushing the story for the sake of getting rid of it as quickly as possible. Makes you wonder why they even bothered to make a second season with such attitude!

Duuuuuuuude, seriously!?!? That's bad. Would you recommend I should just go read the manga at this point?
Feb 4, 2021 11:55 AM
Feb 2019
dompsterfire said:
I love how they did not show what happens after the bunker explodes. I love how they just all survived going through the forest full of demons. I love how the pursuers never got to them. I love how they only smelled the humans now.

Yeah for real, how did all of them survived a forest full of demons with barely any combat experience? this is some top level plot armor bullshitery.

I didn't like how the anime did it and I didn't like how the manga did it either because the manga was also quite ridiculous, seeing untrained 50 pounds little kids defeating 1,000 pound demons (or super-powered demons) was equally as bad.

I understand the anime wanted to avoid those parts so they cut it out because it was ridiculous but the anime needed to provide another explanation on how they survived, this random time skip didn't explain anything at all.
Feb 4, 2021 11:57 AM

Mar 2016
The worst episode as of yet from this lost cause of a season.
The fact that none of the kids have died or suffered yet is just mind-boggling even by fictional standards.
The anime's take on Norman's return was underwhelming as hell compared to the manga. It felt like a last ditch effort to make stuff interesting at the end of each episode, and they've been doing this from ep 1 and it's not working out one bit.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aoo-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.