Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2021 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Sadly Sasha's death got spoiled to me but oh well :( Although I didn't cry, her death really tugged at the heartstrings knowing her relationships with all the scouts - especially Connie. Nice to see that she kept her love of food until the very end though with her last words being 'meat' :3

I had a quiet chuckle seeing Levi hit Eren again after remembering the first season with Eren on trial. Brings back memories of when things weren't as complicated. But it is interesting to see how some of the relationships between characters have changed. It seems that not many people trust Eren anymore after he sacrificed many scouts' lives for his plan. And I wonder how things will pan out with Gabi, even though I have never liked her.. oof. I wonder if there will be a moment where one side realises they are both going through the same thing, Falco perhaps. He seems to have realised that the scouts have gone through the same thing for many many years and this is only revenge. That also leads me to wonder if some people will remain faithful to their country, as it seems Zeke isn't. Will Falco follow in his footsteps?

Anyway, really good episode and I can't wait for next week, even though I have always had a really bad feeling about this entire season. And I know that something tragic will happen but oh well (I haven't read the manga btw and I haven't been spoiled anything, so this is only suspicion).
Feb 1, 2021 2:07 PM

Sep 2017
God I am fucking pissed. I saw this coming a mile away. Pretty much as soon as Gabi saw Sasha kill those 2 guard gates I fucking knew it was gonna happen somehow. Fucking shit. Plus they made the title of this episode so obvious. Gabi is a fucking piece of shit but I can't blame her. She is so brain washed. I'm honestly more pissed at Falco for being a dumb bitch and not speaking up. He 100% could have stopped this.

At least I was correct about Zeke being sketch from as far back as ep 2.
Feb 1, 2021 2:08 PM
Jul 2019
I like how this episode forced viewers to acknowledge the horrors of war by showing Gabi killing Sasha. Gabi is another example of the psychological horrors of revenge and war in general. Unfortunately, a lot of casual viewers missed this perspective because a main cast character died. Also, people branding Gabi's murderous impulsivity and aggression as irredeemable need to understand that 1.) she's an adolescent 2.) under psychological stress, people are impulsive and committed numerous cognitive errors, and 3.) her situation mirrors the circular horrors of AOT as a whole. For a psychological and philosophical reference, consider (Siegel, A. & Douard, J. (2011)'s perspective on this matter.
Feb 1, 2021 2:18 PM

Apr 2013
Taltibalti said:
Gator said:
Okay so I'm kinda interested why Zeke works with them, doesn't really make a lot of sense after everything that he did to screw them over. But more importantly DID THAT LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT GABI JUST KILL SASHA? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?
I don't like any of those Marleyan sheep but Gabi was probably the most unlikable of the bunch from the very start. But letting an annoying character like her kill a great character like Sasha? I don't like where this is heading storywise, not at all -.-

You'll obviously find out later but his betrayal has been hinted at for a while now.

Hints to Zeke's betrayal:

Zeke telling Eren in season 3 part 2 that he would rescue Eren from Grisha's brainwashing."I'm going to save you Eren"

Zeke keeping his royal blood a secret from the Marleyans

Zeke likes baseball, Eren had a baseball glove back in the hospital, did Zeke meet him?Falco asks Eren why he has the glove. Eren replies "I got it from my family"

When Zeke arrived on the battlefield last episode, Jean remarked "he's here" as if on cue, and Zeke then remarked "Eren Yeager is not my enemy".

Zeke was not trapped anywhere like Reiner, Porco and Pieck, on the contrary he encouraged them to go.

Zeke warns Levi "You're running out of time" telling him to hurry up cause they have to leave and get on the airship asap.

Credit: u/Killcode2

Well yeah if I look back now a lot of stuff makes sense, but that was the same back then in season 1 when Reiner managed to escape from Annie in titan form which did not make much sense. But I still did not assume that Reiner was a titan shifter as well. Isayama is just great in doing things like this where you go "Oooooooh now it all makes sense" afterwards. Thus I did not expect Zeke to become an ally after selling out Greisha and killing so many islanders.
Feb 1, 2021 2:21 PM
Feb 2018
Can someone tell me when will Eren change his hair? If it not contains any spoiler.
Feb 1, 2021 2:25 PM

Nov 2013
as much as i liked Sasha, she was such a fun and cute mischievous girl, was pretty nice seeing her flashbacks again), and specially after Jean hugged them and said "at least you 2 survived", so should feel sad watching this episode but ........

i actually felt nothing, simply because i got spoiled hours ago while watching a fucking youtube video that has nothing to do with anime... LIKE ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? i'm so done with anime and it's community lmao

anyway, i also feel bad for Gabi, like she said, this is a revenge for something that her generation didn't do, but the fact she got spared by Sasha before (and the other guy as well, because she is a kid) , and then just randomly enters the plane and kills exactly her... i liked Gabi but now i'm not sure anymore, maybe this just gives reason to those other war animes/movies where they also kill kids exactly because they would just live wanting revenge ... and falco also went with her, i wonder what will happen to them, will they join the scouts later, will they get tortured or will they simply leave them? guess we will see next episode lol

(no, i don't read titan/rezero forum comments for obvious reasons, as stated above...lmao)
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 1, 2021 2:36 PM

May 2016
I got spoiled by Mr Google sensei when I was searching for Sasha.

hits in the kokoro and so many foreshadowing of her death since episode 6
I knew my sweet girl gonna die... my tears haven't dried up yet while writing this ;-;

Eren teaming up for Zeke and is Pieck into yuri? as a die hard Erwin fan I don't approve this.

Rest in peace sweet potato chan.
Feb 1, 2021 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
Ok i watched this when it aired after being spoiled of sasha's death and thought that it was pretty sad, but only now am I getting the feels

She's really gone for good... I hope the potatoes in heaven taste good😢
Feb 1, 2021 3:06 PM
Jan 2021
This anime is a masterpiece
Feb 1, 2021 3:20 PM
Dec 2020
Rest in peace sasha blaus.
We all love you beauty potato girl.

Fuck you gabi, jean should have kick in her face like levi

Byw this episode was 10/10
Feb 1, 2021 3:50 PM

May 2018
I cried a river due to this ep, I don't remember when death of a character in anime affected me that much since Berserk eclypse. What a mf masterpiece.

Now I'll go back to crying
Feb 1, 2021 4:21 PM

Apr 2010
Oh.. Sasha died because the little kid was angry.. totally unpredictable wow!1!! 5 out of 5.

Oh_Rusty_Nail said:
What I hate is the fact how it was just so ... forced. So little girl Gabi was able to outrun an airship, one shot a dangling soldier, use the gear (while no one inside checks on the guy outside for some stupid reason despite being shot at...) then get inside and out of ALL the people shoot the exact same person who shot those guards in front of her and who happens to be a popular character. If this isnt contrived then I dont know what is.

I dont even care for Sasha, Im surprised such one-dimensional character got so popular.

Finally someone with common sense.
Plus the only thing I remember about sasha, is that she wants sausages every hour. Heartbreaking..
LukaPochiFeb 1, 2021 4:27 PM
Feb 1, 2021 4:45 PM
Feb 2021
I dunno why but don't make a big deal out of sasha's death. This anime is about killing and politics and sht so it's obvious someone will die whether we like it or not. Though her death was pretty sad. I pitty her for not being able to eat meat before her death.
Feb 1, 2021 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
Ya know what. I am glad Sasha is dead. We need to thin out the cast as much as possible and even her death is treated as a joke in universe so why should I care about it.

Would have been even better if the annoying children characters got beat to death too but nooooooooo, Jean has to have a moral crisis all of a sudden.

I give em a point for the Zeke swerve. Did not see that one coming.

Feb 1, 2021 6:13 PM
Dec 2020
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Ya know what. I am glad Sasha is dead. We need to thin out the cast as much as possible and even her death is treated as a joke in universe so why should I care about it.

Would have been even better if the annoying children characters got beat to death too but nooooooooo, Jean has to have a moral crisis all of a sudden.

a moral crisis all of a sudden? He schooled floch in ep6 to stop doing unnecessary damage and he never was someone to kill children, he knows there is no point killing brainwashed children, btw why did you rate the season 1/10 lol
yaegerist-15Feb 1, 2021 6:29 PM
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Feb 1, 2021 6:27 PM

Sep 2011
yaegerist-15 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

a moral crisis all of a sudden? He schooled floch in ep6 to stop doing unnecessary damage and he never was someone to kill children, he knows there is no point killing brainwashed children, btw why did you rate the season 1/10 lol

Its a temporary rating I gave the season cause of how mind numbingly boring the first four episodes were. It will change and I have a complete opinion of it.
Feb 1, 2021 7:32 PM
Apr 2010
how they fucking caught up an airship on foot
Feb 1, 2021 7:56 PM

May 2020
GoodbyeFriend said:
Can someone tell me when will Eren change his hair? If it not contains any spoiler.

In the next episode he changes it to a manbun .

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Feb 1, 2021 8:18 PM

Aug 2012
I'm confused with Eren's plot point.... Did I miss something?
If he was "Captured" and "forced their hand" into this whole mission how come it was so well planned and executed? Was it something I missed or not explained yet? Could someone explain to me? (no spoilers pls)
xXTensaZenXxFeb 1, 2021 8:28 PM
Feb 1, 2021 8:30 PM

Apr 2015
xXTensaZenXx said:
I'm confused with Eren's plot point.... Did I miss something?
If he was "Captured" and "forced their hand" into this whole mission how come it was so well planned and executed? Was it something I missed or not explained yet? (no spoilers pls)

I think "captured" referred to the fact that Eren was alone in enemy territory for some time, or possibly he was about to die if not for Mikasa's timely intervention. The "forced their hand" indicates that Eren essentially dragged the Survey Corps to this battle without their input. Through Falco, he sent letters to the Survey Corps with details of the plan. However, that seemed to be a one-way transmission as the Survey Corps wouldn't have sent their own letters to avoid detection.

As Hange said, with Eren having the Attack Titan and Founding Titan, they had no choice but to save him for the continued survival of Paradis.

The mission worked out due to having skilled Paradis fighters and tacticians (Armin especially), and perhaps more importantly War Chief Zeke and his followers betrayed Marley. I'm not a manga reader so this is only information that I got from the anime.
Feb 1, 2021 8:33 PM
Feb 2018
shingojira-chan said:
GoodbyeFriend said:

In the next episode he changes it to a manbun .
thank you my friend, thats all i wanted to hear.
Feb 1, 2021 8:36 PM

Jul 2016
Hey just making sure I'm remembering things correctly so I don't get confused in the future.

The girl with the fake beard was Annie, right? Or is her identity not revealed yet?
Feb 1, 2021 8:41 PM

May 2020
qwertyMrJINX said:
Hey just making sure I'm remembering things correctly so I don't get confused in the future.

The girl with the fake beard was Annie, right? Or is her identity not revealed yet?

Its a new character called Yelena . Annie is still in the crystal .

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Feb 1, 2021 8:43 PM

Jul 2016
shingojira-chan said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

Its a new character called Yelena . Annie is still in the crystal .

Oh, alright. Cool, good to know.
Feb 1, 2021 8:57 PM

Oct 2013
Another marvelous episode! The way the music was used in it, both in dynamic and static scenes, was simply outstanding.

I can't say I wasn't sad when I read the chapter of SnK manga with Sasha's death, because I was (even though I totally understood that during a war there are victims), but the same scene in the anime adaptation, accompanied with such tragic soundtrack, was a completely different experience. More powerful, I must say.

Great job once again, Mappa!
Feb 1, 2021 9:15 PM
Jan 2021
Guys the episode was really emotional not gonna lie but I had a doubt regarding the episodes in general. Like there are 2 types of subs in which the episode gets released. I have been watching subbed version by DameDesuYo until now because it looked more professional and attractive. But I discovered that the other version SubsPlease or something like that, kinda has a bit different subtitles.

Does anyone have any idea which one to rely on? I mean I personally feel the DameDesuYo Subs seem legit and it doesn't spoil certain things ngl. Please if someone could help me out with this.

Also Sasha will remain in all of our hearts. 😢❤️
Feb 1, 2021 9:17 PM

Jan 2021
ghier said:
Zettaheisinium said:

But like Falco tells Gabi that Eren and others are just repaying the debts right ("revenge"). Gabi is infuriated by the fact that Udo was trampled to death by her own people. She is misdirecting her anger cz she doesn't have any other option.

Is it really misdirection? I mean he was only trampled b/c people were running away from Eren. It was a result of the attack Eren launched.

Just b/c the Eldians of Paradis are justified in hating their attackers does not mean Gabi can't be justified in hating them for attacking her hometown. It's a vicious cycle of hatred.

Remember Grisha's words to his father when his sister was killed.
Grisha's father: They believed in eugenics and tried to cleanse--
Grisha: Fay and I did nothing like that!

What did Zofia and Udo do to deserve being killed? And how can we expect Gabi to believe -- in the moment when her hatred is the strongest -- that the enemy was justified in their attack? It's the nature of conflict, each side will naturally hate one another if they don't attempt to empathize.

I completely agree that it is certainly a vicious cycle of hatred. (refer the end for an unpopular opinion)

As Gabi explains her emotions in her monologue, she was born in the zone and was mistreated and brainwashed that she was treated that way because she was born an eldian and eldians were evil. But Willy Tybur's speech brought out the real truth. This made her feel conflicted as she came to the realization that all her rage and conviction was directed towards a false non-existent cause. But then Eren attacked, she found a false solace and that got aggravated by the killing of Zofia and Udo. Thus, she continued to live in denial. What she actually wants is to get revenge on the people who made her life miserable.

Ig this is an unpopular opinion: Jean made the right decision of not tossing the kids out of the airship. I'll go as far as to say that it was the best decision a leader could have made. I have like 2 solid reasons behind that, one being he says "If we toss kids out of the airship, will the killing ever end?". He wants to end the vicious cycle of killing.
Feb 1, 2021 9:36 PM

Apr 2015
I'm raising one (or 5) for Sasha. And the fact that I don't want to register to change the Wikipedia page that makes it seem like the only reason Eren stopped laughing was because Jean confronted him. Instead of the fact he already knew it was fucked up, but morbidly couldn't help it at first.

Actually, raise 8 or 9 to Sasha, cuz I've been low-key into her since Season 1. Calling outta work tomorrow.
Feb 1, 2021 10:11 PM
Aug 2019
Zettaheisinium said:
ghier said:

Is it really misdirection? I mean he was only trampled b/c people were running away from Eren. It was a result of the attack Eren launched.

Just b/c the Eldians of Paradis are justified in hating their attackers does not mean Gabi can't be justified in hating them for attacking her hometown. It's a vicious cycle of hatred.

Remember Grisha's words to his father when his sister was killed.
Grisha's father: They believed in eugenics and tried to cleanse--
Grisha: Fay and I did nothing like that!

What did Zofia and Udo do to deserve being killed? And how can we expect Gabi to believe -- in the moment when her hatred is the strongest -- that the enemy was justified in their attack? It's the nature of conflict, each side will naturally hate one another if they don't attempt to empathize.

I completely agree that it is certainly a vicious cycle of hatred. (refer the end for an unpopular opinion)

As Gabi explains her emotions in her monologue, she was born in the zone and was mistreated and brainwashed that she was treated that way because she was born an eldian and eldians were evil. But Willy Tybur's speech brought out the real truth. This made her feel conflicted as she came to the realization that all her rage and conviction was directed towards a false non-existent cause. But then Eren attacked, she found a false solace and that got aggravated by the killing of Zofia and Udo. Thus, she continued to live in denial. What she actually wants is to get revenge on the people who made her life miserable.

Ig this is an unpopular opinion: Jean made the right decision of not tossing the kids out of the airship. I'll go as far as to say that it was the best decision a leader could have made. I have like 2 solid reasons behind that, one being he says "If we toss kids out of the airship, will the killing ever end?". He wants to end the vicious cycle of killing.

Dude, the speech clearly mentions that the Eldians are "devils" after Willy describes the threat of the uprising. Her perspective wasn't entirely lost from the performance. Willy couldn't win the world over to fight with him by claiming that the Eldians of Paradis are actually innocent people.

Willy: I want you to join me in the fight against the devils of Paradis Island!

You're really making me look into stuff for this huh? lol

She obviously did ignore Falco when he mentioned the attack on the walls, but it makes sense that she wouldn't accept that ... just as people are having trouble accepting that their favorite character was killed. Like, do you really not see yourself feeling the same hatred as Gabi given everything she saw? It's okay to dislike Gabi for killing your favorite character btw, but saying it's b/c of massive denial when she's really just ignoring Falco's one line, which could've been an assumption on Falco's part for all she knew, is stretching it.
ghierFeb 1, 2021 10:25 PM
Feb 1, 2021 10:37 PM
Jun 2017
This just strengthen my position as a #TeamElidans or the ones in Paladis... I just cant believe what Gabi did on Sasha... having some party then Gabi out nowhere killed her...

and whats this Zeke, Captain Levi just staged some fight? just to get Eren (attack titan)... and now Eren's being blamed for the action he has done...

very interesting plot...
Feb 1, 2021 11:47 PM

Jan 2009
I'm so glad I finally got to the part that was spoiled by EVERYONE ON THE FUCKING INTERNET!

I would have given this episode a high rating if it didn't have Falco telling Gabi how futile it was to chase the zeppelin on foot, only to have them easily catch up with it, anyway.
ZewerrFeb 3, 2021 12:49 PM
Feb 1, 2021 11:58 PM
Jan 2021
I want to eat lot of meat in behalf of shasha😰
Feb 2, 2021 12:44 AM

Jan 2021
ghier said:
Zettaheisinium said:

Dude, the speech clearly mentions that the Eldians are "devils" after Willy describes the threat of the uprising. Her perspective wasn't entirely lost from the performance. Willy couldn't win the world over to fight with him by claiming that the Eldians of Paradis are actually innocent people.

She obviously did ignore Falco when he mentioned the attack on the walls, but it makes sense that she wouldn't accept that ... just as people are having trouble accepting that their favorite character was killed. Like, do you really not see yourself feeling the same hatred as Gabi given everything she saw? It's okay to dislike Gabi for killing your favorite character btw, but saying it's b/c of massive denial when she's really just ignoring Falco's one line, which could've been an assumption on Falco's part for all she knew, is stretching it.

First of all I'm not saying this because she killed Sasha, who's death is clearly being overhyped by the fandom.

Of course I understand Gabi's anger. But should I just accept that she is taking revenge by killing two people just cz two of her friends were killed? If it had been any other person in Gabi's place I would have understood it and left it at that. But it's Gabi. Her personality has been a highlight through out this season. She has been shown as the perfect person to inherit the armored titan as she has the strongest resolve. She was even capable of thinking a different approach in the battlefield on spot to save hundreds of eldians of marley from being sacrificed. So when such a character is shown to lash out unreasonably it is tough to accept.

But if we discard Gabi's entire character build up and imagine her as just another of the chosen one then ig that will be the normal course of action.
Feb 2, 2021 1:54 AM

Jun 2015
ghier said:
vipergod said:
so what? Ppl shouldnt hate her bcuz she lost her friends too? She is a shitty person. Remember when marley was attacking other countries? killing innocent ppl to councor their lands and resources ?and she was so happy about it ?and she couldnt care less. She wanted armored titan to fight for marley! She thinks fighting for marley makes eldians "good ppl!" .she didn't even consider thinking that ppl of paradise are normal human being.and she kills a fan-fav character?! Ofc ppl gonna hate her.

Idk man, if you're told your whole life that the people on Paradis are devils ... you'd likely believe it too. Not trying to say you should like her, but you should consider what led to Gabi being this way and try to understand her. She doesn't know Sasha or anyone else from the island; however, she's known her aunt for her whole life (the one that keeps insisting the Paradis Eldians are devils) and she's seen the Paradis soldiers brutally attack her hometown. Vengeance will obviously be the first thing on Gabi's mind ... just as it is first in your mind to hate Gabi when she kills your favorite character.
i think u missed part of my points. If gabi was just a random innocent girl living in marley i could understand that!i could forgive her. But as i said she is part of marleyans army. They were attacking other counteries! And she was happy about it, unlike someone like falco who hated it! Idont hate her just bcuz she killed sasha but bcuz she was an idiot to begin with. Marleyans deserved that.im sure rest of the world wanted to do samething to marley.
Feb 2, 2021 2:07 AM

Apr 2020
I WAS SOO SAD. i hated gabi from the the beginning, but man, i did not expect her to do that !
and the zeke thing ... such a huge plottwist ! cant wait for the next episode
Feb 2, 2021 2:29 AM
Dec 2020
Was bawling my eyes out by the end of this episode. Rest in peace, Sasha. Sasha is one of my favourite characters in this show and to see her go like that really hurts.

I know everyone hates Gabi now, which I get. She killed Sasha, one of the most beloved characters. But remember that from her perspective, the Paridis Elidians are the ones who came and killed many of her loved ones. Same as the beginning of the show when the warriors attacked Paridis. How Eren has developed hatred towards titans and then onto Marleyans and the world. Hate breeds more hate.

Was a good episode though and I'm definitely not ready for the next episode after that.

I am now questioning whether I should keep my profile image of Sasha or not. 😅
Feb 2, 2021 3:27 AM
May 2014
Am I the only one who hated this episode? The part where Gabi is just holding on to the cable attached to the blimp for a solid minute and apparently the blimp is just stationary in the sky not moving at all was so stupid. They could have at least had the body dragging along the ground as they chased after it or something. Couldn't the writers come up with something better if they just wanted to kill Sasha off? Pretty weak honestly. Very disappointed with this season so far tbh.
Feb 2, 2021 3:56 AM

Aug 2009
Valinis said:
Am I the only one who hated this episode? The part where Gabi is just holding on to the cable attached to the blimp for a solid minute and apparently the blimp is just stationary in the sky not moving at all was so stupid. They could have at least had the body dragging along the ground as they chased after it or something. Couldn't the writers come up with something better if they just wanted to kill Sasha off? Pretty weak honestly. Very disappointed with this season so far tbh.

You're being very nitpickey about this, just imagine the scene the way you wanted it to be and it's all good, calling the whole season disappointing based on stuff like that is just unfair.

There are many great scenes and smart things in this season so try to look at the positive side more, unless you just don't like whole story direction or something.
AzureFlame64Feb 2, 2021 4:05 AM
Feb 2, 2021 7:41 AM
Dec 2016
Honestly, Death of Sasha did not really register to me as anyway significant.
Firstly this is not first time show tried to use death of anime girl to its advantage , it has done it several times, if i remember correctly, first was than titan Anna killed Levi's squad, then again than couple of them were stuck in tower and in Levi's back story.

On top of that I always got feeling that we are not following story of main characters as much as of characters who managed to survive.

but also way Gabi managed to actually get up on the airship seemed odd, if you look at Maneuver gear, you can see that how much bracing there is on the arms, even more than hooks were attached to the hips. This is largely cause force those things pull at to accelerate entire human is pretty impressive and at worst Gabi's grip wouldn't really be able to hold onto that handle and at worst have entire arm injured or dislocated. Even if you say that well gear had to carry corpse along side Gabi and another child, the force it pulls at would more than significant .
Also I assumed that wires on maneuver gear don't require constant input from user to stop it from un winding. So moment the guy died he wold have to be carried off with airship, unless then he died he also somehow released wire to unwind.

Overall entire sequence seemed very conveniently set up for Sasha's death.
I mean we saw bunch of them getting shredded my cart titan but must feel bad for death of Sasha because she happened to have more screen time?
Also people hating Gabi because of this are either immature of somehow managed to miss the entire fucking point of last 2 episodes.
Feb 2, 2021 7:58 AM

Feb 2020
It was so awesome yet sad episode.. :(
Feb 2, 2021 8:27 AM

Nov 2017
A fella always had a soft spot for Sasha/Potato Girl so now I'm just like, 😭🤧

I'll pour out some liquor and eat some vegan meat for her
Feb 2, 2021 8:52 AM

Jan 2021
ajaxdin said:
Firstly this is not first time show tried to use death of anime girl to its advantage , it has done it several times, if i remember correctly, first was than titan Anna killed Levi's squad, then again than couple of them were stuck in tower and in Levi's back story.

On top of that I always got feeling that we are not following story of main characters as much as of characters who managed to survive.

but also way Gabi managed to actually get up on the airship seemed odd, if you look at Maneuver gear, you can see that how much bracing there is on the arms, even more than hooks were attached to the hips. This is largely cause force those things pull at to accelerate entire human is pretty impressive and at worst Gabi's grip wouldn't really be able to hold onto that handle and at worst have entire arm injured or dislocated. Even if you say that well gear had to carry corpse along side Gabi and another child, the force it pulls at would more than significant .
Also I assumed that wires on maneuver gear don't require constant input from user to stop it from un winding. So moment the guy died he wold have to be carried off with airship, unless then he died he also somehow released wire to unwind.

I mean we saw bunch of them getting shredded my cart titan but must feel bad for death of Sasha because she happened to have more screen time?
Also people hating Gabi because of this are either immature of somehow managed to miss the entire fucking point of last 2 episodes.

Annie broke a wall with a kick as a child while aiming for kennys face like someone else in these threads already mentinoned, lets not forget armin surviving a 50 meter fall as a burnt piece of toast either, trying to work out physics in AOT this late in the game is just going to make your head hurt, dude.
Feb 2, 2021 8:54 AM
Aug 2019
Zettaheisinium said:
ghier said:

First of all I'm not saying this because she killed Sasha, who's death is clearly being overhyped by the fandom.

Of course I understand Gabi's anger. But should I just accept that she is taking revenge by killing two people just cz two of her friends were killed? If it had been any other person in Gabi's place I would have understood it and left it at that. But it's Gabi. Her personality has been a highlight through out this season. She has been shown as the perfect person to inherit the armored titan as she has the strongest resolve. She was even capable of thinking a different approach in the battlefield on spot to save hundreds of eldians of marley from being sacrificed. So when such a character is shown to lash out unreasonably it is tough to accept.

But if we discard Gabi's entire character build up and imagine her as just another of the chosen one then ig that will be the normal course of action.

I mean it also built up her disillusion that the Paradis Eldians are devils. And it hasn't really shown her as a perfect person. Being eager to prove yourself and having resolve are not the same as being a saint that wouldn't think of revenge.

You gotta be trolling me right now man ... 'cause you're jumping from different points to make it sound like her decision didn't make sense.
Feb 2, 2021 9:04 AM
Aug 2019
vipergod said:
ghier said:

Idk man, if you're told your whole life that the people on Paradis are devils ... you'd likely believe it too. Not trying to say you should like her, but you should consider what led to Gabi being this way and try to understand her. She doesn't know Sasha or anyone else from the island; however, she's known her aunt for her whole life (the one that keeps insisting the Paradis Eldians are devils) and she's seen the Paradis soldiers brutally attack her hometown. Vengeance will obviously be the first thing on Gabi's mind ... just as it is first in your mind to hate Gabi when she kills your favorite character.
i think u missed part of my points. If gabi was just a random innocent girl living in marley i could understand that!i could forgive her. But as i said she is part of marleyans army. They were attacking other counteries! And she was happy about it, unlike someone like falco who hated it! Idont hate her just bcuz she killed sasha but bcuz she was an idiot to begin with. Marleyans deserved that.im sure rest of the world wanted to do samething to marley.

I don't really remember her attacking any innocents in other countries though. And from what I remember in the show, the Eastern Allied forces started the war -- the only one Gabi participated in -- b/c they perceived that Marley's military might had diminished. I guess correct me if I'm wrong.

But anyway, her goal in life was to improve life for Eldians by convincing the world that they can be good (excluding Paradis). Sure, it's a skewed perspective, but a natural one given the influences around her. She isn't in the military just to conquer other nations for Marley. Now if you want to argue she's going about accomplishing her goal the wrong way, sure, that's fine. But just know that she didn't really have any options that would give her the necessary influence other than her path as a warrior candidate.
ghierFeb 2, 2021 9:21 AM
Feb 2, 2021 12:25 PM
Dec 2016
Vaiend said:
ajaxdin said:

Annie broke a wall with a kick as a child while aiming for kennys face like someone else in these threads already mentinoned, lets not forget armin surviving a 50 meter fall as a burnt piece of toast either, trying to work out physics in AOT this late in the game is just going to make your head hurt, dude.

Well in the same episode as Armin, caption also pretty much was alive after getting cut in half . Anyhow I just think her death was artificial and was cheap attempt to pull heart strings. Which judging by this thread it worked on majority
Feb 2, 2021 12:48 PM

Feb 2021
pockyharem said:
Harsha1314 said:
Its because she does look way cuter in this episode
Cause they had to glam her up before she disappeared forever duh 🙄‼️

Most look slightly different, but considering that they were 16 years old by S3 end, and S4 plays four years afterwards, they should look somewhat different as adults.
Feb 2, 2021 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
WOW; JUST WOW! Great episode, amazing season so far.
When did Zeke flip? I totally didnt see that coming. After he chose Marley over his own parents, that is.
Levi is being a douche towards Eren, as always. Well, you cant be liked by everybody. Not really sure what Eren did, but you would guess theyd treat the person with 3 Titans with more respect.

Feb 2, 2021 1:34 PM

Jan 2021
ajaxdin said:
Vaiend said:

Well in the same episode as Armin, caption also pretty much was alive after getting cut in half . Anyhow I just think her death was artificial and was cheap attempt to pull heart strings. Which judging by this thread it worked on majority

Deaths like Sasha's are subjective and its pointless to argue against honestly. A lot of us followed these characters for years, me being a manga reader specifically having to wait monthly for content like this to come out. So im stuck theorizing and talking about characters I love for an entire month before I get new content. (example: sasha) With other fans of the series which gives me a deeper connection with the characters than you yourself might have so their deaths naturally affect people like me more.
Feb 2, 2021 1:53 PM

Mar 2013
This episode hits different..
But you know what would be the real slap in the face...?? If this episode was still only the calming before the storm.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just have this gut feeling...
Happy Halloween
Feb 2, 2021 3:08 PM

Aug 2019
ajaxdin said:

Her death serves a particular purpose which will be revealed later.
Pages (17) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.