Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2021 11:51 PM
Jan 2019
Gabi's shooting skill is one of my complaints of the manga. It's really stupid and ridiculous but whatever I guess. Still great episode overall.
Jan 31, 2021 11:52 PM

Mar 2018
Kaasfondue said:
Is it is just me or was this the best directed episode yet?

Sadly I didn't really feal anything for Sasha. I mean she was just fodder after all and barely a side character. Characters remain the weakest part of this story.

I agree. AoT characters are not the strongest especially in previous seasons. We'll see some good characterization though in this season.
Jan 31, 2021 11:58 PM
Mar 2020
the moment Sasha died was the moment i imagine Gabi getting beaten up by Levi. gabi deserve the most painful death anyone could ever imagine.

rest in peace potato girl
Feb 1, 2021 12:11 AM

Mar 2018
This is the moment where Gabi becomes Queen Gabi. I was hoping for Gabi to shoot Floch, but oh well.
Feb 1, 2021 12:18 AM

May 2020
Sasha's death, the only highlight of the episode was pretty ouch. People that for some reason skipped to this season will have this episode rendered useless to them but for the one's that stayed til' the present, it was bitter. The only thing I can say is RIP Sasha, the potato girl.
Feb 1, 2021 12:32 AM

Dec 2012
It's okay guys, as the preview says, we'll see Sasha again... In flashbacks... to remind you that she's dead.

Feb 1, 2021 12:38 AM
Feb 2019
See u sasha love u potato girl
Feb 1, 2021 12:38 AM
Dec 2020
Kalahin Woi Mappa Si FullMetal Alchemist!!
Feb 1, 2021 1:03 AM
Jan 2021
Hello, how are u guys!, I hope all the best for you all.

I've watch the 8th episode today, and y'all know that our Potato Girl were died (im crying over a hour because of it, even i didn't cried when i read the manga) damn, MAPPA making her death shot trough my heart :'), God bless MAPPA, im waitin the next episode now.

About Gabi?, well u know that Gabi is a kid, and what she knows was that Paradis People is Devils, what u gonna do bout that, ask Isayama, and she looks like Sasha tho '-'.

Hate her?, OFC WHAT THE HELL U THINKIN ABOUT THE KILLER OF OUR SUN OF SURVEY CORPS HUH?, But still, thanks to Isayama that Sasha lives longer than he want to :D

I want to cry again :'

Thankyou for all Staff of MAPPA that make this episode realllllllyyyy good, im ready for all the pain i gonna go trough this season, がんばって、ありがとう。
Feb 1, 2021 1:14 AM

Feb 2014
So this is where Gabi character development starts. I really liked the part when she said, "Did you see them getting trampled? Coz I didn't." Ignorance is a pure bliss. Its not justified unless you've experienced it. And as someone whose seen both side of the story I still think they had it coming. A world that was confined within the walls unknown of what lay beyond, always fearing or a world that had the freedom of choosing peace yet forced their hands to trample on a world that may or may not have been a threat. For freedom!! Yeagerist!

RIP Sasha. You'll be missed. Those potato hunt days were joyful. Hope she's never hungry in heaven.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 1, 2021 1:21 AM

Apr 2013
So many people soldier celebrate the first war win alongside Jean and co. on the ship, but why Sasha got shot? Gabi why? just shot any of that other soldier, but why her that you shot?

R.I.P Sasha..
Feb 1, 2021 1:25 AM

Mar 2019
This was by far my favorite episode of the season despite there barely being any titan scenes. Loved the interactions between all of the Paradis crew... Especially the Connie, Sasha, and Jean group hug. Also loved the flashbacks Falco experienced while he was trying to talk her down from going after the airship. The scene were he grabs onto her was great too.

Really liked the visuals, acting, and music in this episode.
Feb 1, 2021 1:25 AM
Jan 2021
I always find it kinda hilarious how some of the characters died, like Zeke, kinda liked her, then they just decided to squash her with a rock XD
Feb 1, 2021 2:00 AM

Jun 2015
ghier said:
Zettaheisinium said:

Yeah true but the same massacre was seen by Falco but you see he reacts rationally comparatively.

They're different characters though, and Falco has his experience with Eren and Reiner in the basement behind the stage.
so what? Ppl shouldnt hate her bcuz she lost her friends too? She is a shitty person. Remember when marley was attacking other countries? killing innocent ppl to councor their lands and resources ?and she was so happy about it ?and she couldnt care less. She wanted armored titan to fight for marley! She thinks fighting for marley makes eldians "good ppl!" .she didn't even consider thinking that ppl of paradise are normal human being.and she kills a fan-fav character?! Ofc ppl gonna hate her.
vipergodFeb 1, 2021 2:05 AM
Feb 1, 2021 2:02 AM

Jul 2016
SomeGuyWithHair said:
Imagine hating Gabi over this. They killed her friends, loved ones and ravaged their home. She did what needed to be done. The reason, for me at least, is why most of the time we're focused on the Marleyans is to draw a parallel to the early episodes, back when the Eldians were being preyed on by the titans. That's why a lot of people keep saying that she's female Eren, because she technically is. The Marleyans are the people in the walls, and the Eldians the titans. The Eldians are the monsters of her story.

You can understand her reasons and still hate her.
Feb 1, 2021 2:04 AM

May 2018
rip potato girl T_T Eren's reaction was priceless lmao he started laughing
Feb 1, 2021 2:08 AM

Sep 2020
Rest in peace Sasha.

I don't why but seriously I cried when Sasha died. It hit me much more than it did in manga..
yusa_96Feb 1, 2021 2:25 AM

♥ 𝔻𝔼𝕃𝕀𝔼𝕍𝔼ℝ𝕀𝔼𝕊 ♥
♥ ℂ𝔸ℝ𝔻 ℂ𝕆𝕃𝕃𝔼ℂ𝕋𝕀𝕆ℕ ♥
♥ 𝕍𝔸𝕃𝕃𝔼𝕐 𝕆ℝℂℍ𝕀𝔻 ♥
♥ 𝕐𝔼𝕃𝔸ℕ ♥

Feb 1, 2021 2:19 AM

Jun 2015
SomeGuyWithHair said:
Imagine hating Gabi over this. They killed her friends, loved ones and ravaged their home. She did what needed to be done. The reason, for me at least, is why most of the time we're focused on the Marleyans is to draw a parallel to the early episodes, back when the Eldians were being preyed on by the titans. That's why a lot of people keep saying that she's female Eren, because she technically is. The Marleyans are the people in the walls, and the Eldians the titans. The Eldians are the monsters of her story.
u know the difference between Eren and Gabi? Ppl of paradise didnt hurt anyone while fucking marley army kept sending titans to them. Eren joined the army to defend their ppl from titans! While on the otherhand Gabi was part of marleyans army. Marleyan army was attacking other counteries for their land and resources! And she seemed happy about it!.. Gabi was a "happy" offender while Eren was a sorry "defender".
Feb 1, 2021 2:21 AM
May 2020
Fantastic Episode but one question. After taking Eren back to the ship, why didn't Mikasa simply take Reiner and Galliard captive and go back to the ship with them? I feel like this is a plothole that's been overshadowed by Sasha's death.
destroyerbingesFeb 1, 2021 2:31 AM
Read One Piece. Watch Gintama
Feb 1, 2021 2:25 AM
Oct 2020
I got spoiled of shasha's death last night. Couldn't sleep because of that. But when I watched the episode, I couldn't even cry. Everything happened so quickly. Also the reveal of Zeke was mind boggling. A great fucking episode.
Feb 1, 2021 2:26 AM
Feb 2018
destroyerbinges said:
Fantastic Episode but one question. After taking Eren back to the ship, why didn't Mikasa simply take Reiner and Galliard captive and go back to the ship with them? I feel like this a plothole that's been overshadowed by Sasha's death.

It's intentional though, later explained.
Feb 1, 2021 2:30 AM
May 2020
Eren_Hitler said:
destroyerbinges said:
Fantastic Episode but one question. After taking Eren back to the ship, why didn't Mikasa simply take Reiner and Galliard captive and go back to the ship with them? I feel like this a plothole that's been overshadowed by Sasha's death.

It's intentional though, later explained.

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification. Was the only problem for me in this otherwise flawless episode.
Read One Piece. Watch Gintama
Feb 1, 2021 2:35 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
In denial.......... no.. I refuse. ;-;
Feb 1, 2021 2:35 AM
Apr 2018
rip to the homegirl. cried my ass out fr
Feb 1, 2021 2:40 AM

Apr 2020
RIP Potato Girl.T_T

ost was great and Yuki Kaji was fantastic!

5/5
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Feb 1, 2021 2:43 AM

Nov 2017
Vaiend said:
Gonna just leave this meme image here before this thread turns into a warzone, loved the episode though btw.

That doesn't change the fact that people hate her. When an ignorant brat kills off one of the most loved and oldest characters in the series, people are gonna get triggered. I, for one, couldn't give a fuck about how she feels. One of the characters I loved just died, and I ain't gonna think "oh I understand Gabi so let's just forget about it". It doesn't work like that, bruh.

People in the forums trying to go logically about it are really stupid, because humans are just like that. Even with a good reason, people aren't just gonna roll over and accept it.
"𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗮 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝘅 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺. 𝗜𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗼𝗿 𝗯𝗮𝗱, 𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗿𝘆. 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱... 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹l 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗱𝘆 𝗶𝘁. 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝘅, 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲."
Feb 1, 2021 2:46 AM

Aug 2019
R.I.P Sasha ;(
Gabi's a badass. 10/10 episode.
Feb 1, 2021 2:49 AM

Oct 2009
Sasha RIP ; ;
The adult Sasha was so beautiful too..but to be honest it felt rather anti-climatic. Idk..

Zeke working with them was something I never expected.
Feb 1, 2021 2:52 AM
May 2017
Damn, Sasha died. That was kinda hard to watch. I feel pretty sad. RIP(Om Shanti). Hope she get's enough meat in afterlife. There's nothing wrong with hating Gabi. What she did is completely understandable and not wrong. But that doesn't mean you can't hate on Gabi. In fact, it felt kinda satisfying when Gabi got beat up. She had it coming. Sad that Falco also got beaten up. Gabi's like the worst traits of young eren and young reiner mixed together and dialled up X5. Atleast with eren, he just wanted to kill a bunch of mindless predatory giants, while with Gabi, she just wants to kill people she doesn't even know about.

Even, if eren hadn't attacked, she would have gleefully killed every last paradis eldian like an idiot. So kinda hard to relate with her compared to young eren. And her 'ELDIANS DESERVE TO DIE' schitz every episode is really annoying. She should have been ideally shot. I don't care if she's a child. She lost her 'child privilege' when she started killing people. Now she's just a brainwashed misguided soldier. But very annoying one.
I would have been fine if she was thrown out or given quick death. If you think what she did is justified, then I think the angry reaction of the scouts is also justified. You can't expect normal people to not get angry, when their comrade is shot dead in front of them whether a child did it or a adult. Once, she shot sasha, she was an enemy soldier. Nothing more. So, let the Gabi hate pile on, just don't go all psycho.
Loneguy456Feb 1, 2021 2:56 AM
Feb 1, 2021 3:11 AM
Dec 2020
I love this episode
Feb 1, 2021 3:22 AM
Sep 2016
z00nex said:
Oriotiar said:

Go back to episode 6, at around 18min, when Connie and Sacha are placing the lights, Sacha shoot down the 2 camps guards who were trying to protect Gabi and she clearly saw who was responsible. The anime shows that she completely focuses on Sacha, so it makes sense that she would then focus on Sacha again when she sees her in the balloon.
Also, I don't see how Sacha was the least harmful.
I know they foreshadowed the shit out Sasha's death and focused on her for 2 episodes. I just hate how she killed one of the most wholesome characters. All Sasha wants is food and that's it, hence the least harmful person.

Yeah... I'm not sure that logic works, "All Sasha wants is food" sure, and "All Eren wants is freedom", yet we know what that leads to.
Feb 1, 2021 3:28 AM
Dec 2019
Rest in Peace Sasha you will be surely missed. I hope character's actions have consequences in the following episodes, this was an excellent episode and hit right in the feels. Thank you Sasha
Feb 1, 2021 3:43 AM
May 2017
While I can understand scouts getting angry at eren for endangering them, I don't get the whole 'eren is evil and crazy' point people are making. I don't care what eren does in the future. I'm talking about what we have seen so far in anime. I never saw him go out of his way to kill civilians. Most of civilian deaths were due to collateral damage like flying debris.

Considering he's a huge giant monster surrounded by insect sized squishy humans, it would be pretty hard to avoid civilian deaths. And the tyburs knew about the attack and tried to use the eldian civilians as meat shield and sacrificial meatsacks. Also the fact he's doing a crucial mission and in the middle of a battle, it would be stupid to expect him to walk and attack carefully and slowly. I really don't see what crazy and evil thing he did in his attack on Marley.
Feb 1, 2021 3:44 AM

Nov 2019
Kamiya-San and Kaji-San ... You are true legends ... Chapeau
Feb 1, 2021 3:47 AM

May 2009
Meats out for Sasha
Feb 1, 2021 3:51 AM

Oct 2014
This episode looked really good, especially Reiner's titan! Also, the music slapped!
oof ;w;
Feb 1, 2021 3:53 AM
Dec 2019
-Aincrad- said:
Xenocrisi said:
Ehhhhh Sasha’s death didn’t feel emotional at all tbh. It was handled very poorly imo.

I can agree with this. It might also be because I have no emotional attachment to this series and the characters, but I didn't really feel anything when she was dying or when Mikasa and Armin were crying over her dead body.

Overall I only found this episode "Okay" tbh.

PS: I know the MAL community well, so I'll just let you know I will just ignore and block every single retard who will try to use my mean score and favourites trying to explain why I'm emotionless, a [anime title]tard etc, so don't f*cking waste your time.

Most people felt something and that shows that this episode didn't fail to make people who truly have a connection to the series and the characters feel the emotion of loss that Connie, Armin, Mikasa, Jean, Eren felt because of Sasha. I think that the fact of her death is important and well portrayed not solely for the emotions it can make one feel but for the significance of the loss of the fun that she constatly gave to the series.
BeatImsoniacFeb 1, 2021 3:59 AM
Feb 1, 2021 3:54 AM
Dec 2019
"Sasha only died because you brought the scouts into this."

Another great episode. As a manga reader I'm grateful they didn't fuck Sasha's death scene up. Honestly. I'm hoping Gabi gets what's coming to her.
Feb 1, 2021 3:55 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
What happened to Sasha is unfortunate, and I don't hate Gabi because she just got people close to her killed in front of her eyes, she is just a vengeful creature now.

But Jean totally disappointed me, he refused to throw Gabi off airship just because she is a child? Even though that very child was holding a rifle and used that very rifle to kill his close friend in front of his eyes? What a pussy and wimp he is.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 1, 2021 4:01 AM
Dec 2020
NextUniverse said:
Sasha's death was something else. VAs out here using the best of their voices for this one episode. I loved this so much. Oh my God, Rest In Peace Sasha Blouse.

Eren Yeager, what a guy. His laugh...

Someone, please smack up Gabi like Levi did to Eren. She needs the sense kicked into her.
I think Eren laughed because he can see into the future so he knew that Sasha was going to die and couldn't do anything to stop her death
Feb 1, 2021 4:04 AM
Feb 2014
Popularity really hurt this show. The amount of people that from the first episode go "I don't understand what is going on on screen even though I have it spelled in layman's terms in the episode itself"...

When they focus on characters MAPPA does well. If only you cut Eren vs Reiner, Scouts on sticks and weirdly moving blimp, the rest was good.
And now MAPPA drives the nail through the wound by showing flashbacks closer to WIT style and ofc next episode is going to be full of them.
Feb 1, 2021 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
Zprotu said:
tirthasg said:
This one was a good episode. The CGI didn't look unwatchable for the first time since Episode 1. I would rate it a solid 4/5.
We're finally done with the first half of the final season and so far it been an underwhelming 6/10. Hoping against hope that MAPPA delivers in the titan scenes in the upcoming episodes.

imagine rating a season solely on animation quality
anyways you could do whatever you want but still c'mon

Your parameters are different from mine. Don't like it? Can't help it.
Feb 1, 2021 4:18 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode.
Also, awesome animation!
5/5
Feb 1, 2021 4:24 AM

Jun 2016
i swear gabi is little devil !!!
imma cut her into pieces and make it to dog food !!!

Feb 1, 2021 4:25 AM
Jul 2020
Rest in piece
Sasha
Feb 1, 2021 4:36 AM
Feb 2018
NirvashX1 said:
i swear gabi is little devil !!!
imma cut her into pieces and make it to dog food !!!

Sound like Faye with Grisha
Feb 1, 2021 4:37 AM
Jul 2020
this episode was UNBELIEVABLE! this season is an absolute masterpiece. I just can't imagine how hype future episodes are gonna be.

Eren's character has soooo much meaning and now that sasha died he's gone psychopath mode fr.

plus i always hated gabi, now i hate her a lot more. Falco's cool doe.
Feb 1, 2021 4:43 AM

Jul 2020
Not gonna lie, I loved this episode because of the lack of fight sequences, since the cgi really hindered enjoyment in the past episodes. But for this one, I can confidently say that I loved every bit of it. Soundtrack used was perfect. Props to the great performance of the seiyuus too. Especially to Ayaneru. How she portrayed Gabi's despair was spot on. And Eren's laugh too, oohh great stuff.

RIP Gabi. Even though I wasn't too fond of her she did made me giggle in the past a bunch of times.

5/5

I accept random friend requests!
Feb 1, 2021 4:49 AM
Oct 2019
Sasha's death was so sad. I can't even hate Gabi, she was brought up believing The people of Paradis are evil and her first encounter with them is seeing them slaughter her friends of course she'll want revenge.
I wonder why Zeke is there, is he an ally?
Feb 1, 2021 4:59 AM

Jan 2011
I thought beardo was Armin. Reminds me when we first saw Historia and I thought it was him too. Both happened after a timeskip too.
Pages (17) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

691 by Ninnox »»
May 1, 12:33 PM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.