Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2021 6:24 AM

Apr 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
rap episode? let's go. Wonder if we'll ever see Kyoko's rap from the op, it's so good. They pulled an ex-arm and made Maho's siblings drawn characters and put them in the same scenes as 3d characters lol. rinku and muni sleeping together was so cute, rinku and muni doing muscle training was really funny too. Level 50 tho? wow.

Rinku san vs muni rap battle was really good.
yvseiAug 22, 2021 4:41 PM

Jan 2014
Oh god, just the idea of a rap battle just gives me funny flashbacks to Zombieland Saga's second ep haha. But it was super funny to see them practicing. The game's music was also quite rad honestly.

Muni was super cuuuute. She is so precious. But it's sad seeing childhood friends fight like so. The ending rap was pretty sweet though.

Mar 2012
I've been waiting for this since Muni and Rinku revealed to be osananajimi.

A precious bonding episode for the childhood friend.

I just love at how mature they are everytime they are facing a problem. Confronting them head on without restrain until all problem are over.

Say it with music.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 2018
damn this episode was really nice, so many bars from muni and rinku they were so cute this episode. that ending was so wholesome :)

maho got that swag

cant wait for the finale next week! the sunfes is gonna be soo hype

Jul 2017
Episode 12 is out!

A rap battle? That's be good to incorporate into a NEW song!

HappyAra's gathering in Maho's house...and Muni with Nyochio being interrogated by Maho's siblings on her drawing.

EHHH Rinku sleeping together with Muni....GAY moment between childhood friends.

OH NO...Maho with her panda eyes...working around the clock to get the song done, at least her song composition part.

Muni's first song, and simultaneously a rap duet with Rinku...a hidden talent stored within her very words, but lyric composition is another thing, and friendships at the helm of "game over" between the both of them that stems from childhood.

Well, this turned into the female version of Hypnosis Mic just as quick with confrontations of good flowing rap infused into a song made on the spot.

Last episode's next, and moving to the Sunset Stage for a roundup!
Jan 22, 2021 6:29 AM

Apr 2014
It's Happy Around again for trying something new.
When you have a conflict between friends? try to solve it with music.
Rinku and Muni rap battle is so cool and awesome, It's coming out from their true feeling. Their relationship is very precious.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 22, 2021 6:32 AM

Nov 2019
The rap battle between Muni and Rinku was great. It effectively showed what their experiences was like during childhood. I'm kind of sad that this show is finally ending next week, but at the same time, I'm glad that I decided to watch this show.

Also, that scene with 3D Muni interacting with Maho's 2D siblings is a million times better-looking than that one scene from Ex-Arm lmao.
Jan 22, 2021 6:49 AM

Apr 2012
It was so over-the-top that I was even embarrassed, but I liked it, to be honest. Well written and resolved conflict for a show like this. I don't even know what we will get in the future if Happy Around received not only a classic song with professional vocals, but also a rap duet (I wonder if this was an intentional homage to the Zombieland Saga?). I can't wait for the final episode in a week.

@KANLen09 Well, ship bait, of course, stays in place, but in reality it was not very gay-ish. Sleeping nonsexually together is a fairly common cliché in Japanese culture to emphasize the innocence and power of trust in female friendships. For example, you can remember how Bookworm did it, although MC had a male love interest. It just emphasizes that both girls are so close and trust each other that they can sleep peacefully in the same bed.

@TheCeeJayz than scene?
Jan 22, 2021 6:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A bit of drama between Rinku and Muni, and they resolved it with a rap battle haha, it was really good
Jan 22, 2021 7:07 AM

Sep 2019
Hypmic looks a bit different here lol. We learned about Rinku and Muni’s backstory. Suni stopped sending letters the Rinku because it reminded her of how far they were to each other. Their rap battle wasn’t the best but it was really emotional. Great episode.
Jan 22, 2021 8:45 AM

Mar 2019
can't believe next week is already last episode...but I am sure we will get a second season like BG! or even a third would be great.

The songs are definitely better than the raps in my opinion...but well they tried their best...and the Yuri moment was there as well.

Every time seeing the shop owner lady I have to think about that ED version now. The best version! Producer form PM and her. In case you haven't checked out that version:

Jan 22, 2021 10:38 AM

Jul 2011
Is just me or Muni body language in both rap battles was exceptional, the choreography till now were great,but Muni was like an epitome of a rapper.
Jan 22, 2021 1:30 PM

Jul 2015
Man I love D4DJ, I'm not sure what I was expecting for today's episode but it definitely wasn't an emotional rap battle to sort the feelings Rinku and Muni had.

Oh dear Muni, I like her character so much. Rinku's outgoing personality gets the love of a lot of people and Muni kinda just wants Rinku for herself, the lack of focus she had on the help Muni was giving her for the rap (which was Rinku's idea in first place despite not having a clue how to do it) mixed with previously going to Maho's house instead and the call she got made Muni just explode in frustration. Does Rinku not care about her as much as Muni cares for Rinku? Of course she does silly girl! Rinku is simply like that, but I understand why Muni would feel hurt anyways, I find pretty crazy how they made a girl who seeks so much attention as endearing as she is.

Rinku crying and Muni explaining that she stopped sending letters to her because it hurt to remember that they were separated were the two peak emotional moments of this episode to me. I think this series did a great job making everything so far to be emotional without reaching dramatic point, and in this episode were they actually went for it it was still nicely handled and fit well on the characters, all without dragging it any further than was necessary.

Next week is the last episode! I'm so happy that the series not only lived up to the expectations I had but actually went even further, but the time to give it a (hopefully temporal) closure is sadly coming. Thank god we're getting some sweet sweet shorts the week after to keep the fun going!
Jan 22, 2021 3:04 PM

Sep 2009
dlxuniuniu said:

Every time seeing the shop owner lady I have to think about that ED version now. The best version! Producer form PM and her. In case you haven't checked out that version:

I am still wondering why Rachel's character became a producer while Nana's one is working in that coffee shop.
Jan 22, 2021 8:33 PM

Nov 2019

Episode 1 of Ex-Arm had a scene where the main character (in 3D) talked with his older brother, who was animated in 2D. That scene looked pretty awful.
Jan 22, 2021 8:57 PM

Jun 2012
If anyone is curious, Maho owns a Pioneer DDJ 400 DJ Controller. I don't get why they keep editing out the Pioneer DJ logo, though. Especially since Rekordbox is proprietary of Pioneer.
Jan 22, 2021 10:51 PM

Apr 2012
TheCeeJayz said:

Episode 1 of Ex-Arm had a scene where the main character (in 3D) talked with his older brother, who was animated in 2D. That scene looked pretty awful.

To be honest, I never understood this. It's like they're saying "hey this character is not important, we won't even worry about animating them" lol.
Jan 22, 2021 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
nice rap performance by Hapiaraundo
but there's something i missed? since when did Rinku and Muni childhood friends?
was that mentioned previously? i thought when Rinku first met Muni...they don't know each other?
4/5.

Jan 22, 2021 11:00 PM

Oct 2017
A little conflict between Muni and Rinku but they made up after a rap battle. The rap battle was pretty cool.

One more episode to go and it will be the sunfess, hyped for it.
Jan 23, 2021 12:06 AM

Sep 2009
RobertBobert said:
TheCeeJayz said:

To be honest, I never understood this. It's like they're saying "hey this character is not important, we won't even worry about animating them" lol.

I rerad the article regarding it during Kotobuki anime airing. In short, when producing 3DCG anime it is cheaper to draw a character in 2D if you only plan to use it in a couple of scenes.
Jan 23, 2021 12:23 AM

Feb 2016
This wasn't the episode I was expecting, it was even better!
Hearing them rap was kinda weird at first but it turned out great as always!

Muni got mad at Rinku because she decided to eat with her instead to going to a restaurant with her dad, this because Rinku always keeps her promises, and that's why Muni got mad at herself for not being like that, ending in being mad at Rinku to hide her sadness, since she broke such an important promise with her best friend as a kid. All this drama made Muni shine as, probably, the most "human" character in this entire series, and I love her for that! Plus she is just so damn cute, serious and cool at the same time omg <3

I can't believe we only have 1 episode left, I really really wanna cry T.T

PD: cool Rei is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jan 23, 2021 3:43 AM

Apr 2015
That was a nice way to fix a conflict between childhood friends, a really nice rap battle!

1 More episode to go, can't wait to see the performances for the festival!
Jan 23, 2021 5:37 AM

Oct 2007
Rinku chatting on the phone, while Muni is getting drilled in the game. lol

oh, and surprised that Muni is good at rapping. :)
Jan 23, 2021 6:26 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, yes. For me, the dj show without a rap battle feel a little loss, i even wonder when the girls do that thing. These episode proves me wrong that the girls could do that with a lot of styles too. Damn, Muni-chan was so pro with that synchronized verses, even though her gaming mode and training session were suck so hard. I am so glad hearing them spoken all of their minds right at the bat after having those squabbling. Thanks to all of those plans, its feel so relieved. The direction of their drama felt cringe in a glimpse. However, when they combined it with a rap battles it feels better, later on. Good choice of direction before closing the series. I am satisfied. I even don't need to wait for the next week end of episode to concluded my score.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 23, 2021 7:35 AM

Apr 2020
Damn it another great episode from D4DJ. This time, to solve some tension between Rinku and Muni. I posted in a D4DJ forum named "favorite member of Happy Around so far", and I put Muni on last and Rinku at first.

Well this episode pretty much swapped those places, as Muni shined brightly this episode! Looks like Rinku even though proposing that they put RAP in their Sunset Stage performance, she's not taking Muni's lessons seriously, and this made her snapped. It's clever for Maho and Rei to make them have a rap battle to make them forgive each other again. And yes that RAP battle is GREAT!

Hopefully this makes them go at FULL SPEED AHEAD for their Sunset Stage performance. Last episode next week, I am going to miss this for sure.
Jan 23, 2021 9:26 AM
May 2016
I ship them so much.

Fantastic episode, more Muni is always appreciated, thank you Sanzigen

Animation was top notch again. It's gotten a lot better than a lot of the early parts
Jan 23, 2021 9:29 AM
May 2016
matias067 said:
but there's something i missed? since when did Rinku and Muni childhood friends?
was that mentioned previously? i thought when Rinku first met Muni...they don't know each other?
4/5.

twas mentioned in Muni's introduction episode, episode 2 or 3 I believe. It's understandable you'd forget. it was all the way back in November, and a lot has happened since then
Jan 23, 2021 10:35 AM

Apr 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
RobertBobert said:

I rerad the article regarding it during Kotobuki anime airing. In short, when producing 3DCG anime it is cheaper to draw a character in 2D if you only plan to use it in a couple of scenes.

Trivial budget saving?
Jan 23, 2021 10:39 AM

Jun 2012
matias067 said:
4/5.

Back when they were just DJ Mash + Rinku, Muni got sucked into the group specifically because Rinku knew she was a good artist, and could design their concert poster.
Jan 23, 2021 10:45 AM

Dec 2018
Awwwwww my little lesbian lovebirds slept together,,YEEEEEEEEEEEES

And they almost kissed. Muni have a hungry lesbian predatory look in her eyes. I think she wanna suck on Rinkus tongue,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Jan 23, 2021 11:52 AM

May 2018
Oh boy there goes Rinko wanting to get into something that she has no idea about, like Rapping , and it looks like only Muni has the talent for it....

Ya know to like rap is one thing but doing the Rap is another, cu'z it takes talent to be able rhyme worlds very quickly.

Don't tell me Miru is pissed off at Rinku cu'z of her score from a game.

Damn lesbian moment.......
Jan 23, 2021 12:32 PM

Jul 2008
matias067 said:
4/5.

Maybe you missed an episode? We get flashbacks in earlier episodes that they used to be classmates back in like kindergarten or first grade or something, and they knew each other from before Rinku went to Africa.
Jan 23, 2021 4:54 PM

Sep 2009
RobertBobert said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Trivial budget saving?

No as much budget as labour resources. 2D is cheaper/easier to make short-term, while 3D is cheaper/easier to use if you will use the models for majority of the series.
Jan 24, 2021 1:37 AM

Apr 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
RobertBobert said:

Trivial budget saving?

No as much budget as labour resources. 2D is cheaper/easier to make short-term, while 3D is cheaper/easier to use if you will use the models for majority of the series.

Well, if we're talking about a character who only appeared for a minute and a half or less, then that really makes sense.
Jan 25, 2021 6:53 AM

Nov 2015
Aww, my heart is melting. Their expressions, their tears... this episode is amazing.
Jan 29, 2021 12:31 AM

Aug 2018
The chapter was very good.
The rap part was very good and the reconciliation scene was very nice. Well, let's wait for the next and last (let's hope not) episode.
Feb 4, 2021 4:35 AM
Jan 2016
It's a tradition in bushiroad, there are always conflicts before the last episode.
Feb 18, 2021 3:45 AM
Jan 2020
I cannot believe this, they already had pop in this anime… but now rap? I love rap and now its going to be integrated. Rinku knows how to rap now and Muni was apparently a natural from the start. The tension they both had was a little worrying but thanks to the advice given by the coffee shop employees, the patch up was done. I am excited for Sunset Stage. I want to see WOW WAR TONIGHT once again as a performance but maybe the units will present original songs so not sure of that’s going to happen.
Apr 10, 2021 10:09 AM

Feb 2020
That was something different. The rap battle between Muni and Rinku was pretty heartwarming. I'm glad they made up.
SerafosDec 28, 2023 5:29 AM
Jun 27, 2021 6:18 PM
Nov 2017
Best episode so far, really cute and well made. Props for being original and ending it with a rap battle instead of your usual drama speeches
Aug 19, 2021 8:13 AM

Jul 2014
Oh boy, random melodrama for literally no reason whatsoever. Just there for a forced "protagonists fight and make up before the climax" cliche.
Nov 26, 2021 10:43 AM
Aug 2021
What’s the name of the bgm at 21:15?
Dec 11, 2021 6:13 PM
Mar 2020
If you hear "they put a 2D character near 3D character" in the 12th episode, then the studio did it very well.

It's not the first moment they've done that and it's not the first anime to do stuff like that. Beastars does that too for example. The problem with Ex-Arm was solely that it looked terrible in execution. Here, you barely notice that and this makes the production good.
Dec 18, 2021 11:33 PM

Jul 2021
That was a nice resolution for this episode! I was not expecting a rap song from this anime.

I want to see Maho sing now! She is the only one who has not got her own song.
Dec 20, 2021 2:27 PM

Jun 2021
i like the appearence of Wooser there
how does this work?
Jan 11, 2023 3:17 PM
Apr 2022

Nachtwandler_21 said:
RobertBobert said:

Yep, for example,  If you look carefully in Episode 10, you'll see that the host/emcee of the competition, DJ Misa Misa is drawn in 2D.
Aug 26, 2023 4:55 AM
May 2022

Muni with glasses is really cute.

Almost all of the other students in the school looked alike. This made me feel a little strange

Rap is really hard work.

And lastly I'm glad that Rinku and Muni are reconciled. I love seeing them together!

ASLANpencesi8200Aug 26, 2023 5:08 AM
Jan 10, 11:49 PM
Jun 2020
Damn they got robbed. I like the group peaky p's music MUCH more then the other groups on average. But that last song was really weak compared to everything else with Peaky p's stamp on it. Happy arounds songs are generally pretty good, there first original song I thought was their best, maybe even the best in the show, hard to say.... but this episode happy around just had a better song and still lost. I mean I agree with the L, but they could have used any of their other tracks and been a legit win.

But that group photon maiden should be a juggernaut now that they aren't just pretty faces with songs spoon fed to them. Having people write in songs for them to use is the weakest shit lol. So they have professional beats and lyrics written for them, but now have the authority to put their own spin on them, that's a combo that highschool girls won't be able to compete with. Although I don't agree that photons remix sounded nothing like them, it absolutely sounded like them lol.

I wish this show continued following happ around or rinku or someon3 from season 1. Personally I think kyoko and rinku would have been something I'd like to have watched more of. Kyoko supremecy!!!

More topics from this board

» The dub

NG_Chloe - Jan 23, 2021

5 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 5, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » favorite member of Happy Around so far

NG_Chloe - Dec 5, 2020

12 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 5, 2023 10:43 AM

Poll: » D4DJ: First Mix Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NeoAnkara - Oct 22, 2020

80 by davidralph »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » D4DJ: First Mix Episode 10 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 8, 2021

40 by 28012001 »»
Sep 7, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » D4DJ: First Mix Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NeoAnkara - Jan 29, 2021

56 by ASLANpencesi8200 »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.