Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2021 9:59 AM

Jun 2019
Ok, first of all. It's back then we're already running from demons in the first episode and then we got rescued just to find out the ones who saved us are demons as well. Nice. But it's fun to watch it and scary at the same time.
Jan 6, 2021 10:06 AM

Aug 2013
Ngl, I was surprised when the kids got chased by that huge spider-like monster.

Well, the kids are out of the human farm and into the outside world. It's not the type of world I want to live in tbh.

Ray getting rescued was a close call. And the episode ended with their rescuers being demons(?).

Jan 6, 2021 10:08 AM

Mar 2020
i am sooo hyped for this season, also i love the op! great episode

โโ˜† ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ โ˜†

๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ...โž

Jan 6, 2021 10:12 AM

Aug 2018
Quite disappointed with the first episode. The pacing was very fast with about 8 chapters adapted while also skipping a lot of things. Looks like they really want to make it to the Goldy Pond arc within 11 episodes. Animation and CGI wasnt too great either.

On the other hand, the OPs and EDs were nice. While I dont think this season will live up to everyone's expectations and since the manga kinda went downhill, I am still interested to see how they change things up with anime-only scenes.
Jan 6, 2021 10:18 AM

Sep 2020
The opening was good animation was also good and everything was just good
An anime obsessed person who might become a Yandere, BTW Yuno is my sensei :)

Jan 6, 2021 10:20 AM

Nov 2015
Great to have Promised Neverland back. The opening scenes were tense.

I rewatched the last couple of episodes but i missed the part of the pen. What was is about again? Was this pen under Norman's bed or something? Cant recall it, thanks!
Jan 6, 2021 10:22 AM

Aug 2019
The pacing is way too fast wtf.
Jan 6, 2021 10:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's back like it never stoped xD I like that! It was a tense first episode, I see the situation is still as tense as the end of the first season, and with the demons at the end it really make me hype for the next episode
Jan 6, 2021 10:27 AM
Dec 2020
There is a lot of things that weren't included in this episode, it skipped throught a lot of manga chapters and didn't gave us the details. The animation and drawing were OK but I was expecting at least a good animation/drawing after all the months we waited for this, My guesses are in second season they will catch up to the manga and finish this season, and this episode could be better, it was a little bit heartbreaking. Plus they showed it like as soon as walk out of the farm, they struggled even though they were alive and having their good freedom days outside for 15+ chapters.
Jan 6, 2021 10:32 AM
Dec 2018
This episode was alright. The OP wasn't nearly as good as season 1 but I like the imagery it presented.

I think I prefer the psychological children vs Isabella mind games of season 1, but the design of the demons is pretty cool, and I also like all the fun creatures we get to see in the outside world. The pacing was pretty good.

7/10 for me.
Jan 6, 2021 10:38 AM

Dec 2016
So far so good! >w< That demon girl is different than those four who were chasing Ray. At least the intentions from that demon girl and it's sidekick are good, but for how long? Can't wait to learn more and determine whether or not they will keep loyal to those children cuz you never know what might happen from now on. Everything can happen! And everyone is the red flag for those demons >_>" Great episode!
Jan 6, 2021 10:40 AM
Aug 2020
Missed this anime but a BANGER episode, man it’s been two years since the first season aired.
Jan 6, 2021 10:46 AM
Aug 2020
Cloverworks is back with the most hyped anime of the year, and the first episode lived up to that hype! the opening is nowhere near as good as the first opening, but it is still really good! the visuals given in the op look incredible, and give viewers an expectation of what may happen in the story this season.

Now lets talk about the meat and potatoes of the first ep, THE STORY! i feel that cloverworks did a great job giving the same edge of your seat feeling the manga gave me. the episode was great but the best part has to be the lines rey says at the end of the ep when he confronts the demons about who they really are and their intentions with the children.

Overall, this was a great first ep to start out with. It most certainly lived up to the hype and gave viewers what they wanted. cant wait for next week!
Jan 6, 2021 10:48 AM

May 2019
Woah the OP was DARK. And the ED is beautiful.

Nothing much happened this episode, so there's not much to talk about.

How did a kid like Ray manage to run from those four-legged demons for that long lol they must be very slow.

By the way, why does its page still says "not yet aired"?
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 6, 2021 10:49 AM
Jun 2015
Gotta love Amazon for its early release. Though this season won't be anywhere near as good as the first season from what I heard but ill be my own judge of that and so far so good. 8/10
Jan 6, 2021 10:50 AM
Aug 2017
Holy shit that OP is amazing, ED as well. Now the shit is truely getting real, straight into the action and throwing the outside fantasy-world in our face. Gave me these big Made in Abyss vibes. OST was great too especially at the end.
Jan 6, 2021 10:55 AM
Aug 2017
ropiel said:
Holy shit so much new shit in that pilot,it felt like a Made in Abyss episode i love it !

This season might be less explosive than i was thinking seeing the final part of the ep.

Didn't expect the outside world to be that different either, indeed made it feel like Made in Abyss.
Jan 6, 2021 10:58 AM

May 2020
What a great first episode! Threw me right back in.
Jan 6, 2021 10:59 AM

May 2019
This episode felt like a step down when compared to the first season. The op and ed aren't as good as the ones in season one but maybe they just need time to grow on me. It's only the first episode and i haven't read the manga, so i can't say anything about the pacing or cut content, however the CGI monster was pretty bad. The outside world reminds me of Made in Abyss, which is a good thing. Overall, the quality of this episode was ok. I hope this season will be as good and memorable as the first one.
Jan 6, 2021 11:03 AM

Dec 2015
LETSSSS GOOOOOO!! both the opening and ending are so gooodddd!
Jan 6, 2021 11:06 AM
May 2019
New opening is lot better than the first one and ending as well, that cliffhanger though
Jan 6, 2021 11:11 AM

Jun 2014
It's been a while since I read this in the manga so I can't really speak about cut or rushed content. Nevertheless, it's nice to have this show back to continue this survival story. Looking forward to experiencing all of this again, animated. And in typical Promised Neverland fashion, the episode ends on a cliffhanger lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 6, 2021 11:14 AM

Aug 2020
One of the most anticipated anime sequal is finally here, and boy do I expect great things.

The OP was awesome, as to be expected.

The demons are something you should not mess with! As seen, they're incredibly powerful, it's sad to know that humanity has fallen to them but it's no surprise.

So glad Ray and Emma are all ok but I'm worried for the rest of the kids, we weren't able to see where they were taken.

Dope episode, I hope Cloverworks stays faithful to the manga.

Jan 6, 2021 11:17 AM

Jun 2020
Bruh... Wtf is with this op... It gave me the creeps...
Jan 6, 2021 11:31 AM
Mar 2018
Great episode and OP/ED, hopefully they'll make this arc as entertaining as possible.

Jan 6, 2021 11:32 AM

Mar 2016
Whether or not they'll go with anime-original route, as someone who's read the manga from start to finish, I don't have any hopes for this being good beyond its aesthetic production value.

The episode by itself felt HELLA fucking weird in terms of pacing and how some events seemed completely rearranged in order. I don't remember which stuff exactly got adulterated, but the general broad notion and awareness already has me raising my eyebrows.

If what I heard regarding this season going an anime-original ending to rectify the dismal final stretch of the manga is true, then I smell another case of AGK.
Jan 6, 2021 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
Good first episode, like how they didn't shy away from showing how horrible the outside world is right off the bat. Good OP and I am already in love with the ED.
a bit confused though, it says the show has not yet aired but it has in fumigation and Hulu. I'm guessing they haven't updated it yet but it is a bit weird.
Jan 6, 2021 12:09 PM

Jun 2020
You're telling me that little emo chump Ray can outrun those ugly ass deformities or whatever the fuck they are, just fuck off mate
This anime shit is addictive
Jan 6, 2021 12:10 PM

Jul 2020
Slow start but the ending grabbed me, 8/10

Jan 6, 2021 12:11 PM
Apr 2018
Is there anyway that we can tell someone to change it to 6/1 cuz having it say that I started watching it before the premier date is quite weird lol
Jan 6, 2021 12:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A good ole case of from the frying pan and into the fire. I'm hoping those demons are good though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 6, 2021 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Great way to start 2021! New opening is pretty good, but I personally love the ending more. I haven't read the manga at all, but I have a feeling that this episode was a little rushed and fast paced. The CGI of the demon chasing Ray was a little bad, it seems they were trying to hide it with the very dark background. New characters/demons look really interesting as well, I really wonder why they are helping and who is William?

Does anyone know how many days after this takes place? It looks like at least a couple week after they escaped from the farm.
Jan 6, 2021 12:28 PM

Feb 2019
spectrojan said:
You're telling me that little emo chump Ray can outrun those ugly ass deformities or whatever the fuck they are, just fuck off mate

They were waiting for him to get tired and then capture him, because the demons don't want to harm him since he is premium quality.

Jan 6, 2021 12:28 PM

May 2018
So I guess there are good demons out there as well, huh. I'm already simping for them lol
Jan 6, 2021 12:45 PM

Aug 2011
Wow. So glad the show is back and god the pacing was really quick. So basically this episode covers Ch 38 to 45

I think they cut the chapter where they lost all the kids and they are trapped underground (Ch 40 Alvapinera Snakes) and they discover that the book is a guide to survive outside the farm. Not significant because it has been introduced in a different way. They also cut a small sequence with Isabella but maybe it will be adapted later.

I really enjoyed the episode, very colorful with nice BG and CGI. I was afraid that there would be a drop of quality after the escape but that seems not to be the case. Maybe the escape attempt of Ray was a little bit rushed. Nice cliffhanger and really looking forward to see the next episodes and if the pace would remain the same for the remainder of the season.
Jan 6, 2021 12:48 PM

Jan 2015
I read this part in the manga so much time ago and I don’t remember everything but I feel like there’s definitely something different or maybe some stuff was just cut out.
Anyways, good episode but just like first season, the manga was better. And I’m scared for the future of this adaptation since the manga gets really really awful after the grace house arc.
Also it felt quite rushed. Personally, I would have enjoyed a bit of a calmer and chill episode this time and then get on to the demons etc in the second episode
Jan 6, 2021 12:52 PM

Jun 2020
I thought that was a really good episode. Ray pissed me off in the first season but I already like him a lot more
Jan 6, 2021 12:53 PM
Sep 2019
Finally season 2 is here. New World, new challenges and dangerous monsters. Also I miss norman
Jan 6, 2021 12:56 PM

Mar 2020
They really did rewrite the script, they cut out the whole thing about that underground cave that they fell in that is alive and swallows live creatures. Im not sure how to feel about excluding stuff from the manga.
Jan 6, 2021 12:59 PM

Oct 2020
Very interesting episode. Curious to see how Sonju and the girl demon will play a role in the story. Friend or foe?
Jan 6, 2021 1:04 PM

Sep 2018
Man, the designs for this anime are so damn creepy lol, intriguing first episode.
Jan 6, 2021 1:10 PM

Jun 2019
Back with a bang. Picks up where it left off last season showing that the kids live in a fantasy world and are being chased by people from the farm. Some important world building should be coming up next episode.
Jan 6, 2021 1:19 PM

May 2020
I’m so hyped. First episode was already a cliffhanger really?!๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿฅฒ
If you want me to prepare a rope for the sake of hanging yourself, forget it. But… If it's a rope for the sake of pulling you up from Hell, no matter how many ropes it takes, I'll prepare them for you. ~Sakata Gintoki
Jan 6, 2021 1:19 PM

May 2017
damn the ending song is a banger
Jan 6, 2021 1:24 PM

Oct 2019
ooo, love the new visuals for OP of TPN s2 and man, cant wait to see how this season plays out
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jan 6, 2021 1:31 PM
Oct 2020
Eps 1 is really very Tense and full of mystery that makes us ask about the next Eps.
Jan 6, 2021 1:35 PM

Jul 2020
the OST gave me a goosebumps especially the scene where they knew Sunjoo and
are demons
Jan 6, 2021 1:52 PM

Sep 2019
That black monster reminded me of a Muv-Luv Beta xD

Very solid episode.
Jan 6, 2021 1:53 PM

Aug 2015
Ooh, demons saving humans. Let's see what their agenda is (anime only viewer currently).

The opening and ending are amazing once again.

Looking forward to seeing more!
#FreePalestine ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ
Jan 6, 2021 2:09 PM

Apr 2020
Didn't know what to expect from S2 at all given we knew next to nothing about the outside world. This episode didn't really give us much either. Guess we'll see lol.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.