Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (28) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2021 1:55 PM

Jan 2018
Can someone please give me some recommendations? Thank you
Jan 13, 2021 2:09 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Cirvio said:

- Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
I think you might like this one because you liked Somali. Kino no Tabi is also an episodic slice of life adventure with some dark elements to it. It's definitely a fulfilling watch.

- BNA
Furries. Oh, I meant, it's a fun and enjoyable anime. Like Beastars (FURRIES), but less drama and more action.

- 3-gatsu no Lion
I end up recommending this anime quite a lot in this thread, but it's worth it. Especially seeing that you enjoyed Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Koe no Katachi. Similar atmosphere to them.

- Banana Fish
This one is probably my favourite among your plan to watch list. Action with BL elements, and characters as well as their relationships are written in a very believable way. It's a good mix of everything.
Jan 13, 2021 2:11 PM
Oct 2017
Cirvio said:

If you liked Death Note:
Kiseijuu, Code Geass, Psycho-Pass, Steins;Gate

Saiki K. is on your PTW and is definitely one of my favorite comedies. Ono Daisuke's in there as well.

Kaze no Stigma was one of the earliest anime I started. It was quite entertaining as an action fantasy, starring Ono Daisuke! Yay.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic is in fact the main series for Sinbad no Bouken. Sinbad does show up though. And I'm sure you already know... Ono Daisuke.

Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus is the sequel to Kuroshitsuji... and weeeell if you ever un-drop it well Okamoto Nobuhiko shows up in this season as a minor-ish role.

Anyway... Hope you find something interesting. Aha.
Jan 13, 2021 2:31 PM

Jan 2017
Cirvio said:

Since you rated Somali and the Forest Spirit highly, I think you might enjoy Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms! It has a fantastical setting, involves a non-human character adopting a human child, and is very heartfelt.

If you're more in the mood for something action-oriented, Akudama Drive covers similar ground to Devilman: Crybaby, albeit in a flashier way and lighter on the explicit content.

For more anime from Death Parade director Yuzuru Tachikawa, my go-to recommendation is Mob Psycho 100! It's probably the most well-animated TV anime I have ever seen.
sodapoplioJan 13, 2021 2:35 PM
Jan 13, 2021 2:33 PM

Jan 2017
okayyoga said:
sodapoplio said:
Hello! I am looking for some recs. ^^

Got a good mix of music and adventure for you wth "charming animation" :)

K-On!
Konosuba
Nanatsu no Taizai
No Game No Life
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Thank you! I think I'll try K-On! since I've been meaning to watch more works directed by Naoko Yamada, and I've heard it's tons of fun. ^^
Jan 13, 2021 4:49 PM

Jul 2012
Recs please. Can be on PTW, no restrictions, not too long please. Thanks.
Jan 13, 2021 5:22 PM

Oct 2020
could someone give me a rec thx
Jan 13, 2021 5:26 PM

Oct 2020
AyuMItsuki said:
Can I get a rec please? Preferably a movie if at all possible. :3

I recommend Summer Wars
and Akira
Jan 13, 2021 5:29 PM

Jan 2021
Taaiga said:
could someone give me a rec thx

Sakamoto Desu ga?
Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun

:)
Jan 13, 2021 5:54 PM

Oct 2020
JTtheLlama said:

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
its short and good if you want to cry hehe
Kuuchuu Buranko
short and a massive trip
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
I personally didn't like this one, but it has really good visuals and is pretty sad
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
my favourite anime, short-ish depending on how you watch it. About time-traveling, espers, aliens and a bunch of supernatural events.
Jan 13, 2021 5:59 PM

Jul 2012
Taaiga said:
JTtheLlama said:

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
its short and good if you want to cry hehe
Kuuchuu Buranko
short and a massive trip
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
I personally didn't like this one, but it has really good visuals and is pretty sad
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
my favourite anime, short-ish depending on how you watch it. About time-traveling, espers, aliens and a bunch of supernatural events.

lol Haruhi is definitely completed on my list, but I'll go with one of the others.
Jan 14, 2021 3:21 AM

May 2010
Howdy, looking for some recommendations! Anything works as long as it's under 26 episodes :)
Jan 14, 2021 4:02 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Cauliflower said:
Howdy, looking for some recommendations! Anything works as long as it's under 26 episodes :)

I love your profile pic haha

- Magia Record
Seering that you like Mahou Shoujo genre, enjoyed Madoka and this is on your PTW... How come you still didn't watch it, that's unacceptable!

- Id:Invaded
Another one from your PTW. You like drama and psychological, so I believe you will enjoy this one too.

- Majokko Shimai no Yoyo to Nene
A hidden gem anime movie. It has magic and it has wholesomeness. A relaxing watch for some chill evening.

- Flip Flappers
Didn't see this in your plan to watch, but going to recommend it as well. It's a colourful fantasy adventure anime about two girls visiting all the different worlds together. And it's a fun ride.

- Shoujo Kakumei Utena
This one doesn't fit your requirement of under 26 episodes, so it's kind of a bonus recommendation. But it's an amazing psychological/drama anime with some elements of comedy (a rather unique one at that), so maybe you can consider this when you get more time for a slightly longer series.
Jan 14, 2021 6:10 AM

Nov 2016
Hey guys! If anyone could please help me out I need a recommendation please
Thank you very much !!
Jan 14, 2021 6:35 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
heinouSha said:
Thank you very much !!

Hi hi

- Akudama Drive
This is my favourite one from your plan to watch list. The art style and action were great in it.

- Senryuu Shoujo
Because you enjoyed some romance and slice of life titles. This one is a lighthearted mix of both.

- Colorful (Movie)
This one is a movie, a mix of drama and slice of life. It has a similar feel to Koe no Katachi, but is still rather unique.

- Bakemonogatari
I see you like Akiyuki Shinbou but didn't watch Monogatari! This shall be fixed, and thus I'm recommending it to you ;p

- Fugou Keiji
Because you like action, perhaps you might enjoy this mix of action/detective/comedy. Plus, Miyano Mamoru is voicing one of the main characters so that's a bonus too.
Jan 14, 2021 6:48 AM
Jan 14, 2021 6:57 AM

Nov 2016
Kurosawa-san said:
heinouSha said:
Thank you very much !!

Hi hi

- Akudama Drive
This is my favourite one from your plan to watch list. The art style and action were great in it.

- Senryuu Shoujo
Because you enjoyed some romance and slice of life titles. This one is a lighthearted mix of both.

- Colorful (Movie)
This one is a movie, a mix of drama and slice of life. It has a similar feel to Koe no Katachi, but is still rather unique.

- Bakemonogatari
I see you like Akiyuki Shinbou but didn't watch Monogatari! This shall be fixed, and thus I'm recommending it to you ;p

- Fugou Keiji
Because you like action, perhaps you might enjoy this mix of action/detective/comedy. Plus, Miyano Mamoru is voicing one of the main characters so that's a bonus too.

I've been meaning to watch Colorful (Movie) & Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited. Will definitely watch them. Thanks :)
Jan 14, 2021 9:26 AM

Aug 2016
Please recommend me something (preferably Slice Of Life or Ecchi).
Jan 14, 2021 9:45 AM

Jul 2016
I need a rec, thanks
Jan 14, 2021 9:51 AM
Oct 2017
kokusu said:

Slice of Life:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32182/Mob_Psycho_100
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33255/Saiki_Kusuo_no_%CE%A8-nan
(those two are also comedy)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4081/Natsume_Yuujinchou
this one kind of sad sometimes, lots of heartwarming moments. Iyashikei.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31442/Musaigen_no_Phantom_World
has some ecchi.... sort of. not really.

Ecchi:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30544/Gakusen_Toshi_Asterisk
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22877/Seireitsukai_no_Blade_Dance
(has some action and stuff)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/18277 - Strike the Blood
has R+ for mild nudity. And also has fighting and all that.

my fingers hurt too much to put it into a better format ouch sorry
Jan 14, 2021 9:55 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
kokusu said:

- New Game!
Cute girls doing cute things and developing games.

- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
A bit of Slice of Life and a bit of ecchi (the best of two worlds, ehh?). It feels very similar to SNAFU.

- Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!
Also a bit of both, with lots of humor. If that's your thing, you will probably enjoy this one.

- Violent Evergarden
It's a beautiful slice of life with gorgeous and strong female protagonist. You will like it if you also liked stuff like Koe no Katachi and Kimi no Na wa.

- Shokugeki no Souma
I'm personally not a huge fan of ecchi, but Shokugeki no Souma is different. I love it. It's food ecchi. Taste orgasms. You have to experience that, honestly.
Jan 14, 2021 9:57 AM

Aug 2016

Thank you very much. Wanted to watch quite a few of those, so they fit me perfectly :)

Thank you too. Most of those shows are already on my list for the challenge and will try to add the others onto the list too. I watched Shokugeki No Souma, but somehow never added it to MAL, though I might finally watch season 4.
kokusuJan 14, 2021 10:02 AM
Jan 14, 2021 10:01 AM

Jun 2016
Eihik said:
I need a rec, thanks

Drama/Adventure:
Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Trigun
Jan 14, 2021 10:04 AM
Oct 2017
Eihik said:
I need a rec, thanks

I like the plate eater in your "Favorite Characters" section on the profile presentation lol
But like
Pandora Hearts isn't even on your watched anime list? You should watch it then. Or put it on the list. I mean, it also has music composed by Kaijura Yuki! And written by Mochizuki Jun! You cant just.. .miss it... well except maybe the last few episodes which are completely different from the manga.

On you PTW Code Geass definitely is worth trying if you liked Death Note.

Quanzhi Gaoshou was a very entertaining anime that I think you'll like as well. It also has uhhh cool gamers like in SAO, but less of the death game.

Psycho-Pass is also on your PTW and I think you'll enjoy it if you liked um... Death Note. And Steins;Gate and stuff.

Again Mob Psycho 100 is on your PTW. Great comedy slice-of-life series. You'll probably like it if you liked Saiki K. As well as One Punch Man which is by the same creator as Mob Psycho 100.

Great, here's a list, want some other stuff XD
Jan 14, 2021 10:12 AM

Oct 2014
I need a rec. Nothing over 26 episodes, preferably something cute in the genres of slice of life, romance, or drama.
Jan 14, 2021 10:19 AM
Oct 2017
zombie_pegasus said:
I need a rec. Nothing over 26 episodes, preferably something cute in the genres of slice of life, romance, or drama.

I see you put Wan Sheng Jie on you PTW list XD
Well it's a very fun slice of life that's for sure. With some romance. Good idea.

Saiki K. is 24 episodes (well if you add it up) and it's pretty similar to Wan Sheng Jie actually. Very fun and comedic. There is some hint at romance (but not really).

Unfortunately I have no recs for romance because all of the ones on my list I would not recommend to anyone. Or they're isekai. Which I would not recommend.

Hold up
Kamisama Hajimemashita I liked not for the romance (I didn't like that part) but for the comedy. But if you like romance you might like it. I dunno.

They said Trigun was drama. And it probably is. It's 26 episodes but very entertaining. Especially for a 1998 anime! I mean it's great either way.

There we go, some recs xd

Jan 14, 2021 10:29 AM

Oct 2014
AC9123 said:
zombie_pegasus said:

I see you put Wan Sheng Jie on you PTW list XD
Well it's a very fun slice of life that's for sure. With some romance. Good idea.

Saiki K. is 24 episodes (well if you add it up) and it's pretty similar to Wan Sheng Jie actually. Very fun and comedic. There is some hint at romance (but not really).

Unfortunately I have no recs for romance because all of the ones on my list I would not recommend to anyone. Or they're isekai. Which I would not recommend.

Hold up
Kamisama Hajimemashita I liked not for the romance (I didn't like that part) but for the comedy. But if you like romance you might like it. I dunno.

They said Trigun was drama. And it probably is. It's 26 episodes but very entertaining. Especially for a 1998 anime! I mean it's great either way.

There we go, some recs xd

Thank you! I'll watch Kamisama Hajimemashita.
Jan 14, 2021 12:02 PM

Jun 2014
Hi there,

I need a recommendation for (87), I'd like something that's not too long (up to 1 cour if TV) and not too recent, there probably are some in my PTW that need a bump
Jan 14, 2021 12:49 PM
Oct 2017
Dysp said:
Hi there,

I need a recommendation for (87), I'd like something that's not too long (up to 1 cour if TV) and not too recent, there probably are some in my PTW that need a bump

So I checked your PTW for stuff I've watched, that was 1-cour... and it wasn't much.
Magi: Sinbad no Bouken is just Magi but the prequel that talks about Sinbad's awesomeness. And also him as a younger guy... Cool? I guess? You just get to see him in a main-er role than in the Magi series... and lots of dungeon conquering or whatever. Yeah.

Mondaiji-tachi, also on your PTW, but uhh it's pretty similar to No Game No Life in my opinion, which you did watch. It was entertaining but probably not the best for a deep storyline.

Kamisama Hajimemashita, again on your PTW. This was a romcom basically. I hated the romance (as a person who dislikes romance) and I loved the comedy. So you know, you might enjoy it.

The other, non-recent stuff on my list I would potentially recommend are not 1-cour unfortunately.
Jan 14, 2021 12:51 PM

Jun 2016
Dysp said:
Hi there,

I think I have something that is perfect for you, but it's not on your PTW. It's older, 24 episodes, and I think you will will like it.
Check out Seihou Bukyou Outlaw Star https://myanimelist.net/anime/400
Jan 14, 2021 1:10 PM

Jun 2014
AC9123 said:
Dysp said:
Hi there,

So I checked your PTW for stuff I've watched, that was 1-cour... and it wasn't much.
Magi: Sinbad no Bouken is just Magi but the prequel that talks about Sinbad's awesomeness. And also him as a younger guy... Cool? I guess? You just get to see him in a main-er role than in the Magi series... and lots of dungeon conquering or whatever. Yeah.

Mondaiji-tachi, also on your PTW, but uhh it's pretty similar to No Game No Life in my opinion, which you did watch. It was entertaining but probably not the best for a deep storyline.

Kamisama Hajimemashita, again on your PTW. This was a romcom basically. I hated the romance (as a person who dislikes romance) and I loved the comedy. So you know, you might enjoy it.

The other, non-recent stuff on my list I would potentially recommend are not 1-cour unfortunately.

okayyoga said:
Dysp said:
Hi there,

I think I have something that is perfect for you, but it's not on your PTW. It's older, 24 episodes, and I think you will will like it.
Check out Seihou Bukyou Outlaw Star https://myanimelist.net/anime/400

Thank you both
Jan 14, 2021 1:13 PM
Dec 2020
Please recommend me an anime for (121) Watch an anime that has a higher score than a listed adaptation (Under Related Anime). Preferably 1-cour. Recommend me multiple animes so I can decide.

(I updated my PTW so you can have a better choice of animes.)
Jan 14, 2021 1:48 PM
Oct 2017
bluesunnyfox said:
Please recommend me an anime for (121) Watch an anime that has a higher score than a listed adaptation (Under Related Anime). Preferably 1-cour. Recommend me multiple animes so I can decide.

Hmmm...
Angel Beats is cool. It's got a higher score than all three adaptations. (8.16 / 7.68 OR 7.27 OR 7.65)

Dog Days is uh... Interesting. I used it last year. It still works this year. (6.98 / 6.71)

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon was a great comedy series! Series has a score of 8.04, adaptation has 8.01. Better watch it soon if you want to use it. And take screenshots. (8.04 / 8.01)

Quanzhi Gaoshou works! It's one of the ones I like more, with a retired (but not really) pro gamer who then proceeds to easily beat everyone at the game. He also just happens to be super famous under another name. Also he knows lots of famous people. Yeah. (7.99 / 7.83)

Shinchou Yuusha - super over cautious hero in some fantasy world. the reason why is revealed later. But it's the type where there's a slime, and he defeats it with giant explosions type of thing. Idk. (7.56 / 7.44)

And... that's every single 1-cour anime (season 1) with an adaptation with a higher rating on my list. Very sad huh.

Jan 14, 2021 1:56 PM
Dec 2020
AC9123 said:
bluesunnyfox said:

Hmmm...
Angel Beats is cool. It's got a higher score than all three adaptations. (8.16 / 7.68 OR 7.27 OR 7.65)

Dog Days is uh... Interesting. I used it last year. It still works this year. (6.98 / 6.71)

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon was a great comedy series! Series has a score of 8.04, adaptation has 8.01. Better watch it soon if you want to use it. And take screenshots. (8.04 / 8.01)

Quanzhi Gaoshou works! It's one of the ones I like more, with a retired (but not really) pro gamer who then proceeds to easily beat everyone at the game. He also just happens to be super famous under another name. Also he knows lots of famous people. Yeah. (7.99 / 7.83)

Shinchou Yuusha - super over cautious hero in some fantasy world. the reason why is revealed later. But it's the type where there's a slime, and he defeats it with giant explosions type of thing. Idk. (7.56 / 7.44)

And... that's every single 1-cour anime (season 1) with an adaptation with a higher rating on my list. Very sad huh.

Thank you very much!

Edit: I chose Angel Beats, it's a classic, it seems like an unique anime and it gets hated on a lot though.
bluesunnyfoxJan 14, 2021 2:01 PM
Jan 14, 2021 7:46 PM

Apr 2014
Hey guys! I'm looking for a recommendation for (87). It can be anything really, I'm not too picky when it comes to anime and I have no restrictions. Thanks ahead of time!

Good Lord, BeanChagBear just walked through the clubhouse walking perfectly normally.
He said he had “no time” to talk.
Too busy watching anime, evidently.
Jan 14, 2021 8:09 PM

Apr 2014

Wow, thank you for all the reccs! I'll proabably go with Quanzhi Gaoshou since you favor it.

Good Lord, BeanChagBear just walked through the clubhouse walking perfectly normally.
He said he had “no time” to talk.
Too busy watching anime, evidently.
Jan 15, 2021 2:04 AM

Nov 2018
Can someone give me a rec pls? It doesn't have to be in my PTW, preferably that its not too long. Thanks! :D
Jan 15, 2021 3:29 AM

May 2012
Can I please have a rec? I'm game to try anything~
Jan 15, 2021 4:37 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
kareiseikumi said:

- Lapis Re:LiGHTs
I mean, cute magical idol girls doing cute things and fighting to not get expelled from their Academy, it's adorable.

- Pop in Q
It's a cute movie about friendship, magic and music. It's originally targeted on children, so it's a bit silly but enjoyable nevertheless.

- Sakamichi no Apollon
A slice of life story about friendship. It has a similar feel to Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

- Fuuka
You like romance, drama, music and Saitou Souma AND you still didn't watch Fuuka? I challenge you to fix this asap!

- Kuzu no Honkai
I think this one is my favourite among your plan to watch list. It's a good psychological drama and thus it's quite dark, so if that's your thing, you will enjoy it too.
Jan 15, 2021 5:52 AM

May 2012
Kurosawa-san said:
kareiseikumi said:

- Lapis Re:LiGHTs
I mean, cute magical idol girls doing cute things and fighting to not get expelled from their Academy, it's adorable.

- Pop in Q
It's a cute movie about friendship, magic and music. It's originally targeted on children, so it's a bit silly but enjoyable nevertheless.

- Sakamichi no Apollon
A slice of life story about friendship. It has a similar feel to Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

- Fuuka
You like romance, drama, music and Saitou Souma AND you still didn't watch Fuuka? I challenge you to fix this asap!

- Kuzu no Honkai
I think this one is my favourite among your plan to watch list. It's a good psychological drama and thus it's quite dark, so if that's your thing, you will enjoy it too.

Guilty as charged for the Fuuka comment l will definitely prioritise this!

And the rest of the recs and their accompanying comments have sparked an interest for sure, especially for Kuzu no Honkai and Lapis Re:Lights, thank you so much~
Jan 15, 2021 8:54 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
I'd like some recs. I'm doing Endurance so it needs to be at least 20 min per ep. I'd like TV as well, but if you have some good ONA's you can also rec it. Please keep it to a 2-cour (24ish eps) max. Thank you!
Jan 15, 2021 9:49 AM
Oct 2017
Yuki-Chan276 said:
I'd like some recs. I'm doing Endurance so it needs to be at least 20 min per ep. I'd like TV as well, but if you have some good ONA's you can also rec it. Please keep it to a 2-cour (24ish eps) max. Thank you!

You seem to like some isekai's so .... here's one I rated around the same as some of the ones on your list.
Kenja no Mago
it's an isekai. Uh....

TenSura (the slime anime) is another isekai, it's 2-cour, but it's probably one of the better ones.

You might also like Assassins Pride based on that list.

You... don't have Code Geass or Death Note or Tokyo Ghoul on your list but I guess it's not your type.

Nanatsu no Taizai is a shounen... But you might like it.

Jan 15, 2021 9:55 AM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
Yuki-Chan276 said:

I want you to watch Tweeny Witches sometime, but it doesn't fit with Endurance :(. So in general then!

Also how did you manage to avoid Honzuki! I've always been praising it, and Kura liked it too when I suggested it to her for monthly.

I think you might also enjoy this one. It's about board games, and the girls are cute!

Watch Flip Flappers, if only for the ED! FLIP FLAP FLIP FLAP \o/

if you feel like something older, watch Kokoro Library! BECAUSE BOOKS.
lifeiscrazyJan 15, 2021 10:03 AM

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Jan 15, 2021 9:55 AM

Mar 2016
Yuki-Chan276 said:

X
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Seiyou Kottou Yougashiten: Antique
Noir (You like strong women, but 26 eps)
Ga-Rei: Zero (something tells me you might like it)
Code:Breaker (Was surprisingly fun)
Zankyou no Terror (not so sure about this one, but visually wonderful)
Jan 15, 2021 10:30 AM
CSS Wizard

Jul 2009
I'd like a recommendation please. It's a bit of a difficult request, since I've seen a lot of things. ^^" Do not bother looking at my PTW list, it only has things that have not yet aired.
Please no Drama, and keep it very short (up to 1-cour in the case of a TV series) though shorter things (non-TV) are preferred. Thank you in advance!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (28) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

486 by BeanChagBear »»
Yesterday, 9:10 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

496 by DynamicDonut »»
May 3, 10:17 AM

Sticky: » 🌷🐸 Mini Challenge #2 - Spring Bingo 2024 🐸🌷

Aeradae - Apr 28

19 by Bri »»
May 2, 8:52 PM

Sticky: » 🎄🎅 Mini Challenge #1 - Winter Bingo 2023 🎅🎄 ( 1 2 )

Aeradae - Dec 1, 2023

84 by coziitsu »»
May 2, 7:22 AM

» Mini Challenge Help/Discussion Thread

Aeradae - May 1

2 by eirian_j »»
May 2, 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.